The [H] Post Pictures of your ManCave

The1stCAV holy cow i want my "office" to look like that

Are you guys rich or what?

Some of these setups are tens of thousands of dollars.

NYT's reminds me of wall of sound.

grateful-dead-wall-of-sound-11.jpg

Last edited:
@TWISM - Really nice setup! What made you swap the LR channels, putting the tweeters on the outside? Are they toed in at all? I am sure you've tinkered plenty, but with the distance you have between each channel, it's bugging me (assuming no toe-in).

@TWISM - Really nice setup! What made you swap the LR channels, putting the tweeters on the outside? Are they toed in at all? I am sure you've tinkered plenty, but with the distance you have between each channel, it's bugging me (assuming no toe-in).

All the photos are not up to date. That was a picture I took when I was testing out Audyssey and having the speakers swapped. It was more just for fun than anything because I was bored one day.

They are back to their original location, but they were towed in just a bit.

Also, I was going to point out there really isn't a L/R setup persay....

Tweeter Positioning
ERT/ERM speakers can be set up with two different tweeter positions, since the tweeters are located to one side of the speaker, and not in a central position. The positioning of these tweeters can alter sound imaging.
‘Near Field’ Tweeter Positioning Setting up ERT/ERM speakers with the tweeters facing inwards (towards each other), creates a ‘Near Field’ sound image. This gives a tighter, more focused ‘on axis’ sound.
‘Far Field’ Tweeter Positioning Setting up ERT/ERM speakers with the tweeters facing outwards (away from each other), creates a ‘Far Field’ sound image, with a broader more spacious ‘off axis’ sound.
There is no right or wrong to using ‘Near’ or ‘Far’ Field tweeter settings. This is a matter of personal preference. Common settings, however, might tend towards using the ‘Near’ position in a larger room, when the main left and right speakers are 15 or more feet apart, or using the ‘Far’ position in a smaller room, when trying to create a broader soundstage.

This is my man cave. Totally dedicated to me. It's a 2nd living room on the other end of our house. I can crank it at night and not be a distraction. :)

Everything is pretty much controlled by my remote. Lights, seats, equipment. It's fully programmable so I can set it to pretty much do anything I want.

web.jpg

Everything is jaw dropping and amazing!

..... except a stock Intel cooler?!?!

Hi,
[H]ardOCP is one of my web reference pages, however this is my first post here.

I wathched all pages of this thread and saw amazing man caves.:eek:
I remember this thread was posted before, but this time I decided to show my gaming cave:rolleyes:

system1.jpg

system2.jpg

system3.jpg

system4.jpg

This system consist of

PC SETUP:
Intel i7-960@4Ghz + NoctuaNH-U12PSE2
GigabyteX58A-UD5
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 3x4GB@2000
Sapphire5970@870-1200 @5884x1080
ZOTAC Geforce GTX460 (for Physx)
AuzenX-FI HTHD
SSD OCZ Vertex3 120GB (SG1TB+WD500MB)
Gigabyte Odin 1200W
Win7x64 Ultimate SP1
3xSony Bravia 46HX800, 2 in DVI, 1 on miniDP (via active nimiDP to HDMI)

AUDIO SETUP:
Sony Discrete 7CH Amplifier DA3200ES
2X JBL Northridge E60
2X JBL Northridge E80
JBL SimplyC SCS178 (5.1)

CONSOLE SETUP:
3X PS3

Last edited:
Hi,
[H]ardOCP is one of my web reference pages, however this is my first post here.

I wathched all pages of this thread and saw amazing man caves.:eek:
I remember this thread was posted before, but this time I decided to show my gaming cave:rolleyes:

This system consist of

PC SETUP:
Intel i7-960@4Ghz + NoctuaNH-U12PSE2
GigabyteX58A-UD5
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 3x4GB@2000
Sapphire5970@870-1200 @5884x1080
ZOTAC Geforce GTX460 (for Physx)
AuzenX-FI HTHD
SSD OCZ Vertex3 120GB (SG1TB+WD500MB)
Gigabyte Odin 1200W
Win7x64 Ultimate SP1
3xSony Bravia 46HX800, 2 in DVI, 1 on miniDP (via active nimiDP to HDMI)

AUDIO SETUP:
Sony Discrete 7CH Amplifier DA3200ES
2X JBL Northridge E60
2X JBL Northridge E80
JBL SimplyC SCS178 (5.1)

CONSOLE SETUP:
3X PS3

Pretty sure all that money could have been put into a nice spec Miata and a trackday or two ... Jus' say'n.

5250 watts is nothing. One of my amps will do 14,000 watts, and I have 4 ;) Last I checked, that's over ten times the power you're boasting about, with eight of possibly the best 18" subs ever made.

I'm not normally one to have a pissing contest, but hey you whipped it out first.

google lab.gruppen fp14000 =]

RW4Zk.jpg

BHOT6.jpg

vfM1X.jpg

Damn thats a lot of thump... I bet that system sounds unreal... I bet its louder than the Imax

Damn thats a lot of thump... I bet that system sounds unreal... I bet its louder than the Imax

The IMAX here used to boast 16kw, then 14kw, now 12kw :(

One of my amps will do that. But yes, much louder, cleaner, and more extension due to sealed subs. Also, much much much smaller space.

It's definitely a crazy experience watching movies. I recorded a clip of the subs and amps going during war of the worlds. I'm not sure I posted it here. It starts to get pretty crazy around 40s in. If I leave the light bulbs on they don't stand a chance with the subs going :( You can see how bad they shake looking at the top of the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8CHrvPuJI&hd=1

The IMAX here used to boast 16kw, then 14kw, now 12kw :(

One of my amps will do that. But yes, much louder, cleaner, and more extension due to sealed subs. Also, much much much smaller space.

It's definitely a crazy experience watching movies. I recorded a clip of the subs and amps going during war of the worlds. I'm not sure I posted it here. It starts to get pretty crazy around 40s in. If I leave the light bulbs on they don't stand a chance with the subs going :( You can see how bad they shake looking at the top of the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8CHrvPuJI&hd=1

You sir, either:
a) has TOO much money
b) has something to compensate to:
c) is AWESOME!

You sir, either:
a) has TOO much money
b) has something to compensate to:
c) is AWESOME!

Im betting on C, Anyone who buys TCSounds subwoofers knows that He/She is buying arguably the best all around 18" subwoofer ever built.

Nyt I don't know if its been asked before but where do you live? If you live close enough and I ask would you allow me to have a listen in person?

Just looking at your picture makes me nervous. At first I was thinking "Wow, that's an incredible setup, I hope I can have something similar some day." but my thoughts quickly changed to "Are those two LCD's really balancing on on those speakers? Oh my god oh my god somebody set those on the ground ASAP! Danger!"

Hi and thank you shizzdizzle for your advice ;)
Don't worry about stability, they are firmly fixed to speakers using a double-face adhesive tape :D
This system is working so since one year with no scares :eek:. Each LCD weights approx 19kg and is acceptable for a well stabilized speaker.

My original idea was to low down a little bit LCDs placing then on a lateral desktop extension, however frontal left and right spearkers should be placed more lateraly than frontaly to fit being located near the lateral speakers.

bye,

Last edited:
Wow some of these setups must have cost a fortune! I was going to post a pic but after reading this thread I feel very underwhelmed at my setup.

Main home server #1.
2x Intel X5650, 48 GB DDR3 1333 Reg w/ECC, LSI 9260-8i with 8 30GB OCZ SSD in RAID 0, Areca 1680ix-12 w/4GB RAM with 16 2TB HDD in RAID 6, Intel dual port 10GbE CX4 NIC in 20GbE trunk, PCP&C 1kW PSU

:eek: Wow.

Just looking at your picture makes me nervous. At first I was thinking "Wow, that's an incredible setup, I hope I can have something similar some day." but my thoughts quickly changed to "Are those two LCD's really balancing on on those speakers? Oh my god oh my god somebody set those on the ground ASAP! Danger!"

This is how eyefinity should be done.

Love seeing this thread get active again. Let's see some more pics!

Im betting on C, Anyone who buys TCSounds subwoofers knows that He/She is buying arguably the best all around 18" subwoofer ever built.

Nyt I don't know if its been asked before but where do you live? If you live close enough and I ask would you allow me to have a listen in person?

I live in NY, and I have no problems demoing to non creepers ;)

This is how eyefinity should be done.

Love seeing this thread get active again. Let's see some more pics!

I agree... it's a little precarious looking but also bad ass how it all lines up perfect like.. I'll be doing something similar with 42s once we move and I get some more space to work with..

Some very nice setups here.

@darinvg nice build out of the basement. FYI: you should put an overflow tray under the hot water heater. If it ever leaks or blows the over flow, the water will saturate your beautiful hardwood floor.

ben chi(f4) is that the sony 34xbr960 ? i use to have that TV, i remember it weighing 200lbs
wish i had kept it though, it was the only tv wii and vintage consoles looked good on

yes, the hulk gloves were used to pick up the TV. Honestly, it took almost three people to move that thing.

^^^ I see SC2 CE! Well played. Along with all the WoW edition Mtn Dew bottles?

^^^ I see SC2 CE! Well played. Along with all the WoW edition Mtn Dew bottles?

Yeah, I like to collect collectable things...lol

I got the wow mt. dew's when wrath came out, and got the CE of the game, but since cata and now this new panda thing I've since stopped playing. That and I have to pay for my wedding and college loans n what not...

The SCII CE I got for 49.99 when best buy had a clearance sale, couldnt pass that up. I also have the MW3 mt. dew's up there too. Wish I still had some Halo 3 mt. dews, but they got drunk. :eek:

Damn, now I have to post mine. So many great looking man caves.

The only thing thats missing from your cave Polygon is an Old School Atari...lol...what gives!?

Back