The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I'm trying to build my dad an okay computer because his is so old and he doesn't have money to upgrade

I already have most things but im looking for a
socket 775 motherboard
and any ddr2 ram

willing to pay shipping + a little for these if need be so let me know

Last edited:
Anyone have any SDRAM and DDR SODIMMS? I think I need PC100 and PC2700 but i'll try ANYTHING.

I have a pair of 64MB SDRAM SODIMMs, but I can't guarantee functionality -- I'll go see what speed they are in a minute.

Slight correction -- I can only find one. It is an IBM 13T8644HPD-10T module, rated PC-66. It will work in a PC100 system, but (almost certainly) *not* a PC133 system.

LMK if you want it.

Slight correction -- I can only find one. It is an IBM 13T8644HPD-10T module, rated PC-66. It will work in a PC100 system, but (almost certainly) *not* a PC133 system.

LMK if you want it.

I found a 64mb stick but thanks. I'd like to try a 128 or 256MB stick. Sadly, google is mixed with speculation as to what WILL work so I don't want to spend a lot to try and have it not work out.

My freebies: (you pay shipping)

-Misc T41p parts. I have a motherboard, 2 palmrests, hinges, wireless card, bluetooth card, and a few bezels. Can't guarantee that any of it works since I found this lying on the hallway.
-Few case fans. 80mm and 120mm.
-Pentium III SL3VF (533MHz). This was a pull from a thrown out tower and may not work.
-Gateway Anykey w/o keycaps. Rubber dome, 1993, 5-pin AT connector (easily adapted to PS/2), Cherry MX compatible stems, working. All the keycaps except left shift and the spacebar (and maybe right shift, forgot) are gone. However, you can replace them with Cherry MX caps. Programmable, 124-keys.
-Dead 256MB stick of DDR2. I don't know why you'd want this but it's up here anyways.

*EDIT - They're Thinkpad T41p parts. Should've made that clearer.

Last edited:
I am looking for any socket AM2 CPU to do some troubleshooting on a system I am working on. I suspect the current CPU is bad, but do not want to waste money on buying a new one until I know for sure. PM me if you have one laying around.

Enginurd, you will have another PM in a few minutes.

Also, folks, I am looking for a small (physically and otherwise) PSU for use in yet another shoestring budget mod. Something like the Sparkle FSP200-50PL... not a server PSU per se but definitely a "1U" or FlexATX size. If it works, it works ;)

Ran outta patience. Purchased a supply on eBay that fit what I needed. So I no longer need it through this thread.

I have the need of something else... does anyone have an old 2-bay 5.25" drive cage? Need one for yet another mod I'm gearing up for. Has to be steel! *No* aluminum.

Might be willing to chuck an extra couple o' dollars at this, if necessary.

EDIT: also a 1gig stick of DDR1 -- willing to pay up to $10. Only need one stick.

Last edited:
Still need drive bay cage and RAM... OK with drive cage to have a "mixed size" bay, i.e. 1 each 5.25" and 3.5", instead of two 5.25" bays.

Swallowed my pride and got the drive cage on eBay. Still need the RAM. Don't care about speed; if it works, it works. Just gotta be a single 1gig stick of DDR1. Willing to throw some cash at it if I need to.

NEED A FEW LAPTOP PARTS:

I need 5x IDE 2.5" HDDs, Any capacity, prefer 20gb+
If you have more, Ill gladly take them, dont care if untested.

*COMPAQ ze4210*
-Audio Door
-HDD door + cage
-Charger

As many 512mb DDR SODIMMS I can get

Hello all! A good friend of mine gave me a great whacking bundle of RAM... almost all of it the old PC100/133 type of stuff. Even I don't use this much of that stuff, so I'm putting what I don't need up here.

+ 128MB PC133, marked "GC79071101 1280 (133)" in blue ball point pen.
+ ???MB PC???, marked "54-25084-CA D01 ZG9741". Branded Digital Equipment Corporation !!
+ 128MB PC133, marked "16x64 PC133 6-LAYER". This module has a serial # and barcode.
+ 256MB PC133, Micron branded. Model # MT8LSDT3264AG-133B2
+ ???MB PC???, marked "128033/NEC [smudged] 129747002" with barcode.
+ 128MB PC133, SpecTek branded. Model # P16M648LYKF9-133CL3A. Horizontal chips.
+ 128MB DDR266 (aka PC2100), COMPUCARE branded. Does not appear to have a model #.

I will ask that if one person scoops up all seven sticks, that they offer either a little cash or a small trade on top, simply because that's a lot to get for free. But if you want 'em, PM me and I'll get 'em out just as fast as I can.

Thanks, folks!

Hello all! A good friend of mine gave me a great whacking bundle of RAM... almost all of it the old PC100/133 type of stuff. Even I don't use this much of that stuff, so I'm putting what I don't need up here.

+ 128MB PC133, marked "GC79071101 1280 (133)" in blue ball point pen.
+ ???MB PC???, marked "54-25084-CA D01 ZG9741". Branded Digital Equipment Corporation !!
+ 128MB PC133, marked "16x64 PC133 6-LAYER". This module has a serial # and barcode.
+ 256MB PC133, Micron branded. Model # MT8LSDT3264AG-133B2
+ ???MB PC???, marked "128033/NEC [smudged] 129747002" with barcode.
+ 128MB PC133, SpecTek branded. Model # P16M648LYKF9-133CL3A. Horizontal chips.
+ 128MB DDR266 (aka PC2100), COMPUCARE branded. Does not appear to have a model #.

I will ask that if one person scoops up all seven sticks, that they offer either a little cash or a small trade on top, simply because that's a lot to get for free. But if you want 'em, PM me and I'll get 'em out just as fast as I can.

Thanks, folks!

Are any of those SO-DIMMs? or all DIMMs?

Looking for a functional AGP video card Geforce 5500/5600/5700/6600 or similar era Nvidia card for a gaming friend. Needs to be capable of playing older 3D games with minimal power requirement (he has an ANCIENT 865 mobo in some old no name pos computer). I'll gladly pay shipping via Paypal, and you'll need to ship direct to this person. No ATI, won't work for the games he'll be playing. I'm doing a good deed for someone I haven't actually met, so you'll get the shared good vibes from helping a poor person be able to play a few games. :)

Thanks fellas!

Last edited:
Are any of those SO-DIMMs? or all DIMMs?

Sorry, they're all DIMMs. Nothing laptop-ish. Although... I have a single (used to be 2 but I can't find one of 'em) 64MB SODIMM... no idea what speed, but I can give you the P/N. Can't guarantee working, since it came out of a Dell CPi many years ago, and I just don't have any way of testing it.

I found a 64mb stick but thanks. I'd like to try a 128 or 256MB stick. Sadly, google is mixed with speculation as to what WILL work so I don't want to spend a lot to try and have it not work out.

Still looking for a 256MB stick.

I need to sort through my ram and post up what I have after upgrades!

Free (just pay shipping):

Vantec Aeroflow socket A HSF with TMD fan

Tube of Thermalright thermal paste - fairly large tube, never opened but probably a few years old (pending to Faintingcow)

Last edited:
Free (Just Pay the shipping Fee):

Asus A7A266 DDR + SD-RAM Socket A Combo board Athlon 900Mhz with attached HSF Unit Gone

BIOStar M7VIG Pro DDR + SD-RAM Socket A Combo MATX board Athlon XP 2000+ (I think) with attached HSF Unit

Asus K8V-X (Broken SATA Port + Controller) but will work with an PATA/IDE drive Gone

NO CPU or Ram I am keeping that and hoping I can trade for a MATX 754 Motherboard

Nvidia Vanta 16MB AGP Video Card

512MB Of SDRAM (PC133 DIMMS)Gone

Want:
MATX Socket 754 Board (Needs to work)

Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone have a old PCMCIA Hard drive? ~1gb+

Your best bet would be to get a PCMCIA Compact Flash adapter (I've given one away before, so someone else might have one laying around) and using a CF card. A lot of PCMCIA based Hard Cards never went into wide production and it's going to be something of a chore to find one. Likely, it'd be a Type II card (double thickness) and when it comes to those, I've never seen those exceed 300MB.

Your best bet would be to get a PCMCIA Compact Flash adapter (I've given one away before, so someone else might have one laying around) and using a CF card. A lot of PCMCIA based Hard Cards never went into wide production and it's going to be something of a chore to find one. Likely, it'd be a Type II card (double thickness) and when it comes to those, I've never seen those exceed 300MB.

Hey, back in the day that was a HUGE drive! I remember my first 80MB HD - I just could NOT fill that puppy up!

But I agree CF->PCMCIA is your best bet. I had one of those but I cant find it anymore, sadly. They made them for older systems so that shouldn't be an issue (my card was bought for a 386 laptop) Might even let you get more space than a PCMCIA HDD would (depending on the BIOS settings, you might sneak upto a 10gb drive in there)

Found elsewhere.

Got...

64MB SDRAM Modules
CAT5 Cables
80" Fans
Audio Pass Through Cables

Last edited:
I just fork over $4.50 for two of 'em at Wal*Mart. You've got a reply in yer pm box, closers ;)

Back