The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Your best bet would be to get a PCMCIA Compact Flash adapter (I've given one away before, so someone else might have one laying around) and using a CF card. A lot of PCMCIA based Hard Cards never went into wide production and it's going to be something of a chore to find one. Likely, it'd be a Type II card (double thickness) and when it comes to those, I've never seen those exceed 300MB.

Good point..
So then,

Anyone have a a spare 4-8gb+ CF card and or PCMCIA-CF adapter?

I have 2 Motorola Razr phone chargers up for grabs. Just pay shipping. Will post more stuff later this week (just moved and am sorting through lots of stuff).

Sorta broken flash drive -- 8GB, connector bent. Tested, still works (!) but no guarantee as to how long.

Wireless mouse and receiver -- works OK, just don't need it. Requires two AAA batteries (not included).

Car adapter -- this is an unregulated 12Vout car-to-whatever adapter. Very large plug. No idea what it goes to, especially since it has no branding on it whatsoever.

PM me if you want any of these.

From my FS Thread:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1615682
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1615682

Some of these work for sure, others may not. These are "sold" as-is, untested!
Lot of 3: Lian-Li RH-17 Mobile HDD Rack 5.25", beige, metalic, w/ fan, IDE ATA100, compatible with RH-57
AMD Stock CPU retail HSF from AthlonII X3 435
80mm Fan Dell OEM JMC/DATECH DS8025-12LLBB-B 3-pin
Samsung SFD-321J /ADNR 3.5" FDD Dell OEM no faceplate!
NEC ND-1100A DVD-RW Dell OEM PATA IDE drive 4x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 LGA775 motherboard (dead)
USB to PS2 Mouse Adapter
DVI to VGA Adapter
Case Speaker/buzzer
RCA Cables
Cables, cables, and more effin cables... let me know what you need, and I'll see if I have it!
Various IDE ribbon and rounded cables
Shuttle PSU RP-2005-00 ElanPower 250W (dead)
Delta mATX PSU DPS-200PB-139 200W
RocketFish Travel Laptop Plug Adapters (x9, assorted; used the one for HP)
A bunch of old cell phones (AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile; like Motorola V300, Nokia 5190, etc)
Samsung BlackJack (broken; turns on but hangs at sim detection)
Shitload of accessories for all those cell phones

Inkjet cartridges:
*HP 11 CMY compatible with:
- Designjet 10ps, 20ps, 50ps, 70, 100, 110, 120, 500, 800
- Officejet 9110, 9120, 9130, K850
- Inkjet 1000, 1100, 1200, 2200, 2230, 2250, 2280, 2300, 2600, 2800, cp1700
*Epson E-T0442 C, E-T0442 M, E-T0442 Y, compatible with:
- Epson Stylus C64/C66/C84/C84N/C84Wn/C86/CX3600/CX3650/CX4600/CX6400/CX6600
*Epson Black and Color catridges for a Stylus Color 900 or 900N

Various Rear I/O Shields Plates!!!

@ enginurd:
Dibs on the DVI->VGA, which version of DVI is it?

Looking for:
3.5mm Audio Coupler
Apple headset (prefer with volume, but will gladly accept Mic+click only)

i have a canon lens that has something that is shacking inside, but I cant see it. so its free, pay for shipping.

Canon Lens FL 200mm 1:3.5 No. 13994 Lens made in Japan

its here until monday, or I garbage it.

Looking for a mini SD card. Any size is cool, obviously more gigs is better but anything is appreciated.

Btw I have a random stick of 256 mb PC2100 laptop RAM sitting around. Anyone want it, all yours, just pay shipping.

Looking for a mini SD card. Any size is cool, obviously more gigs is better but anything is appreciated.

mini, as in the ones half the size of regular SD, right? (not micro) I had a spare one floating around, 2gb iirc. If you want it, I'll check when I get home and see if it's still there. :)

mini, as in the ones half the size of regular SD, right? (not micro) I had a spare one floating around, 2gb iirc. If you want it, I'll check when I get home and see if it's still there. :)

Pretty sure it's a mini SD although now I'm starting to think it's a standard regular SD card. It's not micro for sure. I found an old dell axim X30 in my mom's house so i was thinking of using it for music when i go for runs. Still works, just no memory in it but it does have a memory card slot. I am fairly sure it's mini SD. This is what happens when you can't afford ipods. lol. let me know.

Pretty sure it's a mini SD although now I'm starting to think it's a standard regular SD card. It's not micro for sure. I found an old dell axim X30 in my mom's house so i was thinking of using it for music when i go for runs. Still works, just no memory in it but it does have a memory card slot. I am fairly sure it's mini SD. This is what happens when you can't afford ipods. lol. let me know.

No, that's a regular SD card (and not SDHC) I'm familiar with the Axim line (personally used the X5, X50v and X51v - great little PDAs) You're going to be limited to 4gb or less (and many 4gb are SDHC so they wont work) If it has a CF slot (dont think the X30 did but I could be wrong) then you can get large-size cards (upto 64gb I think) I'm afraid I dont have any regular SD cards, sorry...

No, that's a regular SD card (and not SDHC) I'm familiar with the Axim line (personally used the X5, X50v and X51v - great little PDAs) You're going to be limited to 4gb or less (and many 4gb are SDHC so they wont work) If it has a CF slot (dont think the X30 did but I could be wrong) then you can get large-size cards (upto 64gb I think) I'm afraid I dont have any regular SD cards, sorry...

Yeah after I put up that post I realized that it was probably a standard. Damn it. Oh well.. If anyone got a standard non HC SD card sitting around I appreciates. Thanks guys.

Oh and starhawk thanks again (for the fourth time or so)..

Hey, does anyone have the tool for removing pins from an ATX connector? I just need the one tool, and my current (lack of) discretionary income precludes me from getting another $10+ tool (or tool kit) from FrozenCPU. Looking to spend absolutely as little as possible here.

EDIT: my current tool makes me really hate the Sunbeam brand, but I'll take what I can get. Beggars needing to be less choosy and all that ;)

Anyone have motherboard mounts or hex 6/32 screws?

I hate to ask for such noob items, but retailers want ridiculous amounts of money for these things, and I know there are lotsa people out there with buckets full of these.

Any contribution to my PC repair materials would be greatly appreciated :D

Metal mounts

And yeah the standard hex PC screws I once had a million of.

I'd take whatever you could spare.

Appreciated

I have an IBM x335 1U Rackmount server for sale.
The only thing it needs are 4 small working fans. It comes with 1 Xeon processor, 1 80GB hdd, 2x512MB ECC Ram, 1 Floppy disk drive, 1 CD-Rom drive.
The server worked last time I powered it on, but I can't promise it still does.
Pay shipping and it's yours.
Let me know if you have any questions.

reposted from my other thread:

I'm moving to Charlotte to Raleigh and I'm cleaning out my old stuff. I will be adding to this as I find more goodies. All of these items were in working order the last time they were in use, however, everything is being sold AS-IS. You pay the shipping from 28273, plus $1 for a box/tape/etc.

HDD:
WD100 Protege 10.0GB model WD100EB-00BHF0

PCI Cards:
Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 wireless card (sold)
Linksys WMP54GS v1.1 (w/o antenna) wireless card (sold)

CardBus:
Cisco AIR-CB21AG-A-K9 wireless card (sold)

Mini-PCI
Intel (Dell) WM3A2100 b/g wireless card (sold)

SO-DIMM:
(Qty 2) Hynix 512MB PC2-4200-444-12 model HYMP564S64P6-C4 (sold)

Last edited:
anyone have an agp video card thats just rusting away? anything better than a 6200 would be awesome

Does anybody have an IDE to SATA adapter laying around? I'm upgrading to a 2500k system soon and I would like to keep using my 500gb IDE drive for storage even though hardly any Z68 boards even have IDE and I don't plan on buying a particular board just because it has IDE either.

A PCI IDE controller might also work. A lot of people have those lying around (I personally don't, sorry).

Does anybody have an IDE to SATA adapter laying around? I'm upgrading to a 2500k system soon and I would like to keep using my 500gb IDE drive for storage even though hardly any Z68 boards even have IDE and I don't plan on buying a particular board just because it has IDE either.
I've got a couple PCI IDE Controllers in my FS thread. PM me an offer if you want what Pylon is suggesting.
A PCI IDE controller might also work. A lot of people have those lying around (I personally don't, sorry).
Another option is an IDE to USB enclosure. ;)

Another option is an IDE to USB enclosure. ;)

This really depends on what it's going to be used for. I tried to use one for Torrents (only Linux ISOs ;) heh) and they kept getting corrupted and re-downloading because the USB would Duh-duh, duh-ding, dissconnect and reconnect in the middle of reading/writing.

Granted it might have been a low-quality enclosure or USB root (ASUS Mobo) but personally I'd not trust them for anything other than backups...

This really depends on what it's going to be used for. I tried to use one for Torrents (only Linux ISOs ;) heh) and they kept getting corrupted and re-downloading because the USB would Duh-duh, duh-ding, dissconnect and reconnect in the middle of reading/writing.

Granted it might have been a low-quality enclosure or USB root (ASUS Mobo) but personally I'd not trust them for anything other than backups...

Certainly sounds like a flaky port or enclosure issue to me. I've got one backup drive which is powered on 24/7 (sleeps/spins down automatically) that is connected to my box via USB. It exists only to have stuff copied to it as backup. I've been able to do a whole 1TB copy (entire drive backup) without it disconnecting on me, it remains connected to the desktop when I put it to sleep and it's pretty much immediately accessible when I wake it up.

USB itself isn't really where the problems lie. Unfortunately, I *HAVE* run into a lot of cases where it couldn't save a text file to save its life. More often than not, it tends to be an enclosure issue. (Got one sitting next to me right for the SSD. It disconnects when I copy anything above 500MB to it.)

When you shop for enclosures, look at the brands that both: get high ratings on sites like NewEgg AND also have models of enclosures that look identical to another brand that also gets high ratings. These models may not be the prettiest of the bunch, but they're wide production enclosures that are sold to multiple companies (like Rosewill, Eagle and Kingwin) for them to put their name on it. They tend to be more reliable than the fancier, smaller run, more unique looking stuff. Strange to say, but it does seem like ugly shit works better.

Flash drive and mouse from earlier post is gone now.

Still need that ATX pin remover tool... unless someone wants to just give me a ~450W PSU lol. (...in which case we'd have to split the shipping cuz I'm desperate poor this month!)

Anyone happen to have a low-profile bracket for an EVGA 8400 GS? I seem to have misplaced mine.

Belkin Omni VIew SE 4-port KVM switch, model F1D104 v1.9A, 2 x PS/2, 1 x VGA, 1 x RS232, with 6 PS/2 cables, 2 VGA cables, and 1 AT to PS/2 adapter.

Fits inside a Medium Flat Rate Box

FINALLY found my ATX pin tool. Anyone got a CF card they want to get rid of? Don't care about speed, just needs to be over two gig.

Got some junk for ya'll...

SanDisk SD Card, 2gb. Doesn't seem to work in my printer, but my camera can use it fine. Seems to be that one of the little plastic pieces near the contacts has gotten loose.

Verizon Wireless PC5740 AirCard. This little "beauty" (beastie?) is a PCMCIA/Cardbus card for getting online via cell tower network. May or may not still be compatible with their network; I think it's new
enough to be 2G but I'm not even sure of that.

...and then a bunch 'o CDs (most came with a computer that no longer exists) --
+ Sidekick '95 Deluxe
+ Packard Bell Navigator / Packard Bell Library
+ Better Homes & Gardens Healthy Cooking CD Cookbook
+ HomeTime Weekend Home Projects
+ MindScape Complete Reference Library (circa 1995)
+ Genealogy Online For Dummies (circa 1998)

...hey, I *did* say it was junk! :D

...and more old game CDs!

+ eGames Super Pack 4-CD Set (circa 1998)
+ SIMCity Classic Deluxe Edition
+ SIMCopter
+ "Operation: Weather Disaster" by Discovery Channel Multimedia
+ Brain Quest Multimedia
+ Caesar III: Build A Better Rome
+ Railroad Tycoon II

...and some, well, not game CD's:
+ Star Trek Omnipedia
+ Print Shop Deluxe Ensemble II
+ PrintMaster Silver Version 10
+ Canon Creative CD-ROM ver.1.3 (came with a Canon BJC-610)

Pay the shipping costs, and ye shall receive ;)

Hey, need a Socket A CPU to fix a computer o' mine. Needs to be Athlon, 1ghz+.

EDIT: also need a molex splitter (molex -> 2x molex). No cash, but pick (literally!) any one thing in my FS/T thread if you want a little extra. Really need both of these.

EDIT2: found both.

Last edited:
Anyone have a MicroSD non-HC card or two (i.e. 2GB or less)?

If so, please let me know. Thanks!

its a long shot but i need a am3 cpu to test a board that was sent back to me.
if anyone has a cheap or free one please send me a pm!

I have 10 drive rails for Dell systems.

Green colored, came with Dell Dimension 8300 and similar systems.

Need a 60mm cpu fan *or a socket a cooler* and a pci sound card to fix a friends son's pc.

I'd really appreciate it.

Back