The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

hmmm..... well then.... anyone have a female to female sata power cable? or know if a molex to sata splitter would work with no molex plugged in?

Attachments

• 591867_20220203_160347.jpg
    591867_20220203_160347.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 0
hmmm..... well then.... anyone have a female to female sata power cable? or know if a molex to sata splitter would work with no molex plugged in?

I have some canabalized modular sata cables that could fit the bill. What kind of length are you looing for? 10" and 5" in the picture. Could also do custom length too if you want, have stuff left over from building cables for my build.

Also are you sure that's a power out and not some sort of weird supplemental power for the mobo?

IMG_0605.jpg

are you sure that's a power out and not some sort of weird supplemental power for the mobo?
Yes this post the model of that MB in that PC you don't want to let out that ever so important "Magic Smoke"
I believe a 2.5" SSD also only needs the +5VDC line?
And those single color cables are the bane of my existence as I can no longer easily tell the voltage line as Red = 5VDC Yellow = 12VDC Orange = 3.3VDC and black = Ground green = PS_ON (Jump to black to turn power supply on)

So with the blessing of cdabc123 I found a sata power splitter and plugged it in. I was pretty sure it was power out. Are there /any/ boards that require a sata power in? I took a gamble and It works! Can't really screw the drive into anything. I'm going to command strip the drive to the underside of the drive cage kinda like Fritzz pictured. Quite close to fan blades tho but it works!

edit: while i didnt need anyone to send me anything, i got free brainstorming and advice! thaaaaanks everyone!!

Attachments

• 20220203_222115.jpg
    20220203_222115.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220203_222716.jpg
    20220203_222716.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220203_222058.jpg
    20220203_222058.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So with the blessing of cdabc123 I found a sata power splitter and plugged it in. I was pretty sure it was power out. Are there /any/ boards that require a sata power in? I took a gamble and It works! Can't really screw the drive into anything. I'm going to command strip the drive to the underside of the drive cage kinda like Fritzz pictured. Quite close to fan blades tho but it works!

edit: while i didnt need anyone to send me anything, i got free brainstorming and advice! thaaaaanks everyone!!

Glad it worked out and happy to derail a thread for a bit lol.

I would probably cover the male end of the splitter, wouldn't want it to short out in there.

Unless my group claims them....

I have a Logitech G403 Hero, Logitech MX518 (the OG best mouse ever), Steel Series Rival 100, and a Corsair Dark Core RGB PRO SE.

Pay for shipping and they are yours. No pics but they all work. I was trying to find a comfy mouse for me. I finally found them, now I have a lot of mice to get rid of. My loss is your gain.

Heatware is Subspeed6. It has been a hot minute since I got rid of stuff, but I am downsizing.

I have a Logitech G403 Hero, Logitech MX518 (the OG best mouse ever), Steel Series Rival 100, and a Corsair Dark Core RGB PRO SE.

Pay for shipping and they are yours. No pics but they all work. I was trying to find a comfy mouse for me. I finally found them, now I have a lot of mice to get rid of. My loss is your gain.

Heatware is Subspeed6. It has been a hot minute since I got rid of stuff, but I am downsizing.
Nice! Too bad the MX518 shape hurt my hands after a few hours, I assume the other ones are similar shape/sizes too. Awesome collection.

gone thru 2x newer 518s and a 502SE and im just sick and tired of logitechs double click issue. im not skilled enough to replace the click mechanism. id love to try another brand. if available, i'd like to re-home that corsair! (27284)

PMed about the Steel series and Corsair Dark

Does anyone have an old am3 cooler I bought an old computer case an it came with a free working motherboard. Cheapest I found was like 12 bucks or so am maybe I’m just being el cheapo

I can offer ddr3 ram or the cost of shipping if your not using it

Does anyone have an old am3 cooler I bought an old computer case an it came with a free working motherboard. Cheapest I found was like 12 bucks or so am maybe I’m just being el cheapo

I can offer ddr3 ram or the cost of shipping if your not using it
I have a few. IIRC I have a Zalman flower style which may be the best. Not sure if I have anything with heatpipes though. What's the TDP you're going to deal with?

Wanted a few literal floppy disks, not diskettes. Y'all remember the 8" and 5.25" floppies, right? It's for a museum display. I have many things to trade, but I figure to buy these outright. Dig deep, I know this is the place to look for these. I actually had a 5.25" drive and a few floppies 15 years ago but they went to the recycler 'no one will ever need these'...
I have a sealed box of Scotch 5.25" floppies in a protective case. Pay the postage from 92232 and they're yours :)

Edit: I'm always on the lookout for magazine coverdiscs (stuff from pc gamer etc) or preview / demo discs for games if you have a bunch you want to get rid of in exchange for this, but if not, just pay the postage and we're good.

If the Dark Core is still available, I'll take it. Shipping will be to 07109.

I currently use a Dark Core. Love it but you are correct about the MX518. Would love to have one again. Just the feel was the best.

Before I toss this stuff. I have an old Radeon card.

Gone Pcie and no power connector. Fan sounds like a failing power steering pump on a 94 explorer but the card displays video fine.

Gone Chinese from aliexpress pico style psu. Input 12v is bare leads. I forget the wattage but 100w give or take.

Gone Fan grills and cheap fan filters. 120 and 140mm.

Gone Logitech wireless keyboard with touch pad. Has paint over spray on it. Works fine but by default windows opens some nonsense with three finger swipe which seems to happen a lot by accident so that is the first thing I disable.

Let me know by tomorrow or its gone.

Last edited:
Hi, I have an old Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB that has been well taken care of (RGBs working, working pump, no leaks), all mounting parts are included but it requires a fan (not sure what happened to the original fan, I never used it) and the RGB adapter is missing. It can be used with any motherboard that has an RGB connection or you can purchase the RGB adapter for $10 from Newegg.

No need to pay me for shipping I will ship it for free as well to the lower 48 states only, first person that pms gets it!

Thanks

and its GONE!

PXL_20220218_201421729.jpg
PXL_20220218_201413557.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone happen to have two 10mm 1/4" drive sockets? Would something like this even be worth to ship? Was helping a family member replace a headlight bulb, and both of mines dropped to the bottom of his engine bay :facepalm:. To add to my embarrassment, it turns out we didn't even need to remove the bolts I was trying to remove. I would be open to recommendations of where to buy too. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like Home Depot has their Husky brand for $2.27 each. Unless someone really has extras they want to send out, I'll likely grab a couple of these :).

Home Depot Husky 10mm 1/4" drive socket

Last edited:
Anyone happen to have two 10mm 1/4" drive sockets? Would something like this even be worth to ship? Was helping a family member replace a headlight bulb, and both of mines dropped to the bottom of his engine bay :facepalm:. To add to my embarrassment, it turns out we didn't even need to remove the bolts I was trying to remove. I would be open to recommendations of where to buy too. Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like Home Depot has their Husky brand for $2.27 each. Unless someone really has extras they want to send out, I'll likely grab a couple of these :).

Husky is a solid brand as I believe that's what I bought when I lost my 12mm in the same manner. I was shocked that mine didn't fall through the engine bay. I fully expected to hear it bang around underneath one day after crossing some railroad tracks. A couple of years later while changing the oil and checking the oil pan gaskets, I noticed it was wedged perfectly where this one part of the oil pan lip and the block made a nice little shelf. I was able to easily remove it after cleaning off the years of grime of accumulated oil and dust/dirt and then put it back with the rest of the set. :) Here's hoping for the same happy ending for you and your family member. (y)

If you are still looking I have so many spare 1/4 inch sockets I am glad to send you a couple. Let me know.

What is it about cars and the 10MM socket? LoL I gave a friend a set of tools (got it from the family of a friend who passed) which was a socket set and he said the 10MM was missing!
I don't do cars much anymore as most of this was helping my Mom with hers but She passed back in 2017 :(
It is one of the most common sizes, used in tight spaces it is easy to drop.

Yup, I recently bought a couple of spare 10mm sockets, too, because sometimes you need one on the manual ratchet and one on the cordless one, and they always go missing at the most inconvenient times.

And yes, I've lost a few down engine bays.

Mailing them to you today.

does anyone have a broken Surface pro 1 or 2 keyboard I can either have or get keys off of? I cant see paying what amount to 15$ for the 2 missing buttons on ebay :mad:
thanks!

Back