The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

Well crap! I've looked all over and am not finding the box of parts or anything. I moved about 5 months ago and might have tossed all of it or something.
If I do run across it I'll certainly shoot ya a PM but I'm not very confident in finding it bro. Very sorry. :(

Well crap! I've looked all over and am not finding the box of parts or anything. I moved about 5 months ago and might have tossed all of it or something.
If I do run across it I'll certainly shoot ya a PM but I'm not very confident in finding it bro. Very sorry. :(
it's fine!

thanks for looking!

So I have a favor to ask the freebies thread....

I already have a PC guilt for my nephew, but I ama stickler for symmetry.. The case is a Fractal Design Nano S. The fans don't have to be RGB because they won't be seen.

Also it is running a 4670k stock cooler. If anyone has something laying around, I would appreciate it.

Edit: Also this PC doesn't have a video card.. He plays Fortnite 1080p @60

Last edited:
Looking for low profile slot cover for Dell 3020
Or dead vid card from same. I have a gt 640 vid card and can remove the vga output but need a slot cover for the DVI and HDMI outputs.

still looking? I actually found one of these

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Don't recommend terrible counterfeit Amazon power bricks. Those things are fire hazards and laptop killers. I've had dozens of customers with destroyed or damaged laptops because of those things. I've also seen plenty of them forcibly detonate and blow the casing completely apart because they're so shittily built they self destruct when loaded down to their "rated" spec. I would in fact not recommend buying any laptop power brick from Amazon, because if they're not dangerous counterfeits, they're bait and switch dangerous counterfeits. I've bought and directed customers to buy listings that had pictures of real genuine OEM power bricks, only to be sent a counterfeit bait and switch in its place.

There are actually very few third party power bricks that are of decent quality and are trustworthy enough to use. The only three I've come across the past decade are Intocircuit (they seem to be defunct), Blackweb and Targus. They're all a bit pricey, but they're well worth the cost.

Targus:
https://us.targus.com/products/90w-ac-universal-laptop-charger-apa31us

Blackweb:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324263013360

The best choice is to buy an OEM adapter if available, but when they're not, it's better to use nothing than garbage chineseium generic power bricks.

I found this genuine one, which may work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184411403694

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't recommend terrible counterfeit Amazon power bricks. Those things are fire hazards and laptop killers. I've had dozens of customers with destroyed or damaged laptops because of those things. I've also seen plenty of them forcibly detonate and blow the casing completely apart because they're so shittily built they self destruct when loaded down to their "rated" spec. I would in fact not recommend buying any laptop power brick from Amazon, because if they're not dangerous counterfeits, they're bait and switch dangerous counterfeits. I've bought and directed customers to buy listings that had pictures of real genuine OEM power bricks, only to be sent a counterfeit bait and switch in its place.

There are actually very few third party power bricks that are of decent quality and are trustworthy enough to use. The only three I've come across the past decade are Intocircuit (they seem to be defunct), Blackweb and Targus. They're all a bit pricey, but they're well worth the cost.

Targus:
https://us.targus.com/products/90w-ac-universal-laptop-charger-apa31us

Blackweb:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324263013360

The best choice is to buy an OEM adapter if available, but when they're not, it's better to use nothing than garbage chineseium generic power bricks.

I found this genuine one, which may work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184411403694
hmm .. never had any issues with cheap "power bricks" .. off of Amazon or Ebay. So I was recommending off of personal experience. I've purchased dozens of them over the years.

I may have a nVidia Shield controller up for grabs... I need to make sure it works and has no issues.

Still looking for my old Intel G series processor.... If I find it, I'll send it.

I may have a nVidia Shield controller up for grabs... I need to make sure it works and has no issues.

Still looking for my old Intel G series processor.... If I find it, I'll send it.

Id be interested in the controller

Time to give back.

up for grabs
Athlon x2 3800+ AM2
Athlon X2 6400+ AM2
A10 5800 FM2
lots of random socket 775 CPUs low end units (ask)
lots of random ddr2 memory (ask)

Looking for (or to buy cheap)
basic socket 775, FM2 or 1150 microatx motherboard. Can be OEM. Just making a budget emulation build
small SSD. doesn't need to exceed 64gb
C13 PC power cords. I need as many as i can get in one flat rate box. I bought some from ebay and the gauge wire inside is so thin, the plugs heat up just powering an LCD monitor.

basic socket 775, FM2 or 1150 microatx motherboard. Can be OEM. Just making a budget emulation build

I've got a new HP Elitedesk 800 G1 (This one) microATX board and the PSU adapter cable. It's actually about an inch or two longer than mATX spec, but it does have 4 memory slots. I don't know if it works, I don't have a CPU to try it with. It also has non-standard HSF mounts (73mm x 100mm IIRC), so you would need either the OEM heatsink or to bodge something together.

I've got a new HP Elitedesk 800 G1 (This one) microATX board and the PSU adapter cable. It's actually about an inch or two longer than mATX spec, but it does have 4 memory slots. I don't know if it works, I don't have a CPU to try it with. It also has non-standard HSF mounts (73mm x 100mm IIRC), so you would need either the OEM heatsink or to bodge something together.

Super tempted. let me see if i can spot the heatsink for this before i take the plunge.

C13 PC power cords. I need as many as i can get in one flat rate box. I bought some from ebay and the gauge wire inside is so thin, the plugs heat up just powering an LCD monitor.

I'd like the A10-5800 and the Athlon 64 X2 6400+.

What size USPS flat rate box? I can get used good condition PC power cords for a dollar or two a piece if you want to pay that plus freight. They won't be the Chinese fake copper coated aluminum wire that's severely undersized and padded with plastic.

I'd like the A10-5800 and the Athlon 64 X2 6400+.

What size USPS flat rate box? I can get used good condition PC power cords for a dollar or two a piece if you want to pay that plus freight. They won't be the Chinese fake copper coated aluminum wire that's severely undersized and padded with plastic.

The A10 may be spoken for. The AM2 is still available for the taking. I may have the power cord issue sorted but i will let you know for sure soon.

Super tempted. let me see if i can spot the heatsink for this before i take the plunge.

I also looked on ebay and there are Lenovo M93 motherboards for like, $20 shipped that have all the standard plugs, jumpers, HSF mounting, etc, excpt the PSU plug. That's another $10 on Amazon or ebay.

I'll take whatever I can get, but an ideal purchase would be 2x4GB 12800
EDIT: System currently has a single 2gb 12800 so I can match that, add to it with whatever, or upgrade to 2x4GB.

Needs DDR3L unfortunately, but thanks.

I should have the following:

2 2GB Elpida PC3-10600s EBJ21UE8BDS0-DJ-F DDR3 SO-DIMM
1 4GB Micron PC3L-12800S MT16KTF51264HZ-1G6M1 DDR3 SO-DIMM

Unfortunately I don't have 2x4GB, but if no one else comes through you're welcome to any of those.

I should have the following:

2 2GB Elpida PC3-10600s EBJ21UE8BDS0-DJ-F DDR3 SO-DIMM
1 4GB Micron PC3L-12800S MT16KTF51264HZ-1G6M1 DDR3 SO-DIMM

Unfortunately I don't have 2x4GB, but if no one else comes through you're welcome to any of those.
I'll take the 4gb, worst case I keep looking for a match to it. The 2GB aren't compatible as they are 1.5v modules per google. Paypal ok?

I'll take the 4gb, worst case I keep looking for a match to it. The 2GB aren't compatible as they are 1.5v modules per google. Paypal ok?

Yep, but let me double check to make sure I still have it. I just looked at my spare parts spreadsheet earlier. I *think* it's up to date, but I'll want to double check before accepting anything. I'll PM you later and let you know for sure. Thanks!

Yep, but let me double check to make sure I still have it. I just looked at my spare parts spreadsheet earlier. I *think* it's up to date, but I'll want to double check before accepting anything. I'll PM you later and let you know for sure. Thanks!
No rush, let me know when you get the chance

Still looking for a cheap graphics card. This is for my cousin's PC

The box is a 4670k.. If anyone has some fans to match,I would apprecaiate it.

Attachments

• 6FA301B2-5F59-44DD-95D5-12FBA877C220.jpeg
    6FA301B2-5F59-44DD-95D5-12FBA877C220.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 0
Back