The [H]ardForum Perpetual Freebies Thread

I don't think so, but I'll check again. Don't worry about sounding like a mooch; you helped me out a few years ago by making a custom molex adapter for my Xonar STX. If I have anything that you need, you're welcome to it -- that's what this thread is about. =)

Hey, 404, I probably have something to go in that board :D after all, I was using it before you got it ;) IIRC it'll downclock PC3200 and I *know* I've got a 1gb stick of that somewhere...

@imyourzero -- 404 is Mister Custom Cables Genius Wizard Man. He knows his shit with that stuff -- I've gotten probably enough custom cables from him to make spaghetti with 'em (just add tomato sauce) :D

No worries if nobody has one. Found a stick of 512 2700 here with a ripped off resistor. Actually ended up finding the resistor and soldered it back on. So far, it looks like its working :D

better than nothing for now

Would anyone happen to have a battery for a HTC evo 4g that is no longer being used or needed? The battery in the one I have is no longer working.

Would anyone happen to have a battery for a HTC evo 4g that is no longer being used or needed? The battery in the one I have is no longer working.

I have a couple here not in use, we have since upgraded.
Shoot me a pm with your address and they will be on there way...:)

Anyone have a black 5.25 bay cover from a Silverstone LC13-E? I got mine "open box" from fry's a while back and the one it had included was in several pieces. (How on earth that happened I do not know)

Sheesh, when I get home from vacation I'll need to go through my boxes of stuff and start offering stuff...

Anyone have any need for a stack of HP restore disc sets? Most consist of the HP Restore Plus! DVD, a Windows Vista Business SP1 32-bit DVD, a multiple language pack dvd, and a copy of Creator Business 10. 6 complete sets plus 1 more set without the Creator Business DVD. Please note, the Windows Vista COAs are not included as they were all basically permanently fused to the machines, most of which we've gotten rid of by now anyway. Please take them all. Just pay for shipping by whatever method you choose.

Anyone have any need for a stack of HP restore disc sets? Most consist of the HP Restore Plus! DVD, a Windows Vista Business SP1 32-bit DVD, a multiple language pack dvd, and a copy of Creator Business 10. 6 complete sets plus 1 more set without the Creator Business DVD. Please note, the Windows Vista COAs are not included as they were all basically permanently fused to the machines, most of which we've gotten rid of by now anyway. Please take them all. Just pay for shipping by whatever method you choose.

pm sent to ya

I have an Edimax wifi card, it's one of the little nano USB type doohickeys. DOES NOT WORK IN LINUX. Sorta works in XP. (The range is a little short.)

I'm not even going to ask for shipping money on this -- you want it, it's yours. I've got stamps and bubble mailers.

GONE

Last edited:
I have an Edimax wifi card, it's one of the little nano USB type doohickeys. DOES NOT WORK IN LINUX. Sorta works in XP. (The range is a little short.)

I'm not even going to ask for shipping money on this -- you want it, it's yours. I've got stamps and bubble mailers.

I'll take it if it's available. My last nano-dongle went away with my rPi.

Anyone have a black 5.25 bay cover from a Silverstone LC13-E? I got mine "open box" from fry's a while back and the one it had included was in several pieces. (How on earth that happened I do not know)

Pretty sure I do. I have that case, and only had a BDROM in it. I recently added a hotswap bay in the other 5.25" bay, so I had to pull that cover. I think I just threw it in a box. I won't need more than one, since it will always have an optical drive of some sort in it.

Been meaning to clean out the place a bit. Just off the top of my head, I have the following available:

Celeron D 352 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 640 Socket 775
Intel Pentium 4 520 Socket 775
80mm fans
pci wmp54g wifi card
misc pci (non express) graphics cards
ati 9800 pro agp card untested
misc connectors of all kinds
misc fans without pigtails
misc sdram
misc 3.5" ide drives
misc desktop ide cd, dvd and cdrw drives

looking for the following:
3.5" ide drive usb enclosure
legit windows 98 - windows xp licenses and disks (this is not a joke)
2gb and up compact flash cards
compact flash to ide adapters

Last edited:
I have some CF->IDE adapters, I'll shoot you a PM with pix in a little bit. (It'll be a while, it's all upstairs, the stairs are noisy, and Mom's napping.)

EDIT: do you have a PCI gfx card that is better than a Radeon 7000? Prefer warm-color PCBs (or Plain Jane green) since it's for a mod of sorts...

I have an Xbox 360 20GB hard drive in its original enclosure. I opened it up and ran a HD Tune error scan on the drive, which returned 0.0% bad blocks.

I have a postal scale. Just PM me your zip code, and I'll give you actual shipping costs.

404 said:
2gb and up compact flash cards

Don't know if it would do you any good but I have a 128mb CF that your welcome to. I could just put it in an envelope and mail it to ya. It has the protective case as well.

Looking for a Dell fan, 60x60x20mm. Dell's usual 3pin connector that looks like the old CD drive audio connector. One I have is a Datech 0620-12HBTL-1, Dell P/N 6H838. Can't be rated for more than 0.5A, although other than that I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be an exact match.

Trying to see if it's a bad fan or a bad mobo, hence why I don't want to spend ~$7 on fleaBay...

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Just figured out how to test the fan -- it spins, so I've got a dead mobo. No big, it was a free box, P3 Optiplex. Oh well...

Last edited:
Meh. New mobo $18, replacement cpu that is guaranteed compatible (because I know my sl#s) $3. Thinking of doing it.

Pretty sure I do. I have that case, and only had a BDROM in it. I recently added a hotswap bay in the other 5.25" bay, so I had to pull that cover. I think I just threw it in a box. I won't need more than one, since it will always have an optical drive of some sort in it.

Awesome, if you find it send me a pm and we can work it out. Would be greatly appreciated. Having a hole in a case that you don't put there is always annoying. =)

For anyone interested, someone claimed the 1 set without Creator Business, so I have 6 complete sets of HP restore DVDs that include Vista Business SP1 32-bit. Shipping will likely be $2.50 to $4 depending on first class or media mail.

Got a bunch of FF11 discs here with boxes. I think 1 is unopened, does anyone want it?

I also have a lot more that I will message about later.

Does anybody have a gameport to USB cable or DB15 to USB cable. Trying to bring my old Sidewinder Precision Pro back to life.

If you're willing to wait for a sampan from HK, you can get 'em on eBay for $5 or so... I've ordered stuff from eBay HK sellers a couple times before (IIRC 3x), and it's not been a big deal, just a bit of an extra wait. Besides, nearly everything is "Made In China" these days... to me it's more how (and how well) it's designed, rather than anything to do with where it's built.

Basically... if you put a hundred into designing something and a thousand dollars into making it, it's gonna be crap. Of course, if you flip that around (a hundred to make it and a thousand to design it) you'll still get shit. There's a balance there that needs to be met... I could go on a whole big rant about it but there's not much point in that -- not to mention it's beside the point...

Looking for a Dell fan, 60x60x20mm. Dell's usual 3pin connector that looks like the old CD drive audio connector. One I have is a Datech 0620-12HBTL-1, Dell P/N 6H838. Can't be rated for more than 0.5A, although other than that I'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be an exact match.

Trying to see if it's a bad fan or a bad mobo, hence why I don't want to spend ~$7 on fleaBay...

EDIT: NEVER MIND! Just figured out how to test the fan -- it spins, so I've got a dead mobo. No big, it was a free box, P3 Optiplex. Oh well...
I probably have a Dell mobo to fit that if you want to resurrect it, lol.
And probably have the fans too, if you still need one.

looking for a 1gb stick of DDR PC2700
200-pin SODIMM
For an old Toshiba Satellite

Have:
Linksys wireless bridge 2.4ghz (WET11)

Got two probably-dead motherboards. If you think you can resuscitate them, they're yours and I wish you luck. (These are not being sold as a set. Buy one or buy both, I don't care.)

These go to the eWaste bin at the dump on Thursday, Aug 9th, if they are unclaimed.

First is a Dell skt370 board out of an Optiplex GX50. Dell's P/N 05H475. Roughly mATX. Takes Coppermine P3s and Celerons with 100MHz FSB as well as PC100. (You will need to reverse-engineer Dell's weird shit front panel header if you don't have compatible parts already. Also Dell's weird shit CPU fan header.) This does NOT include the mobo tray, bare board only! Problem is that the board will not power up... a GX50 with the board in it has an amber blinking power LED, and a bright orange standby LED (on the mobo) -- this usually means it's the mobo or the PSU -- and I *know* it's not the PSU...

Second is an MSI PM8M3-V mATX board. The northbridge heatsink was rudely ripped off by me but that's not what killed it. A friend brought me this board (fellow on another forum who happened to be local) and the graphics card in the AGP slot (!) had more bad capacitors in one place than I've ever seen before. Not kidding. Seven popped caps IIRC. Seems to have taken out the northbridge with it. Comes with a free SL7YU that may or may not work -- but I'm not including the (very standard and boring) 775 HSF backplate.

Both will be $12 to ship (Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box). Paypal only, please.

Looking for a phone. I DO NOT want a smartphone (Android, iOS, etc.) -- I want a "feature phone". I cannot afford a data plan right now; I have a data block on my current phone for that exact reason. There's not much point to a smartphone that can't get to the 'Net, ya know? Yet, I need just a little more than a standard candybar or flip phone will provide.

It must have a physical keyboard (full QWERTY, not the lousy ass totally insufficient numeric keypad that makes my hands numb trying to text) and a LOUD speakerphone mode -- and it will be used on AT&T so it needs to work on their network. That's really all I care about. My current phone has started to randomly shut off once or twice a day, and I suspect that means that it's on its way out...

Here's the specs on my current phone --> Samsung Flight A797 (that's the original, not the Flight II)
...and the one before it --> Pantech Impact P7000
...so you know what I'm used to and what I'm talking about -- both of these were good phones for me.

On the reject list -- the Pantech Laser is too quiet in speakerphone mode. Tried it, went back to the Samsung Flight FAST.

This is currently not a super high panic mode priority... I'm casually looking right now, but if I get a good offer, and I have the dough for shipping, I'll go for it.

Hey guys, pulled a few parts from an old laptop.:

Intel Pentium M 740 (1.73/2M/533) mobile processor
1 stick of 512MB pc2-4200 (533mhz)
BCM94306MPSG wireless card link for info, not my auction

and also have 2 sticks 256mb ddr 266mhz laying around

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone has any small sata hard drive laying around I can get to throw a basic windows install on.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back