The Great AC Multi-Tool Contest

I got a new use sent to me by Wes at Sharka. He says the big round center hole is for making sure you get a nice straight cut with a razor blade. Gotta try that. :D

Top Nurse said:
I got a new use sent to me by Wes at Sharka. He says the big round center hole is for making sure you get a nice straight cut with a razor blade. Gotta try that. :D

did you make a trip to sharka today?

Dillusion said:
She lives there.

Heh... true 'dat.

Seems that way sometimes.

Okay, I'm just bitter that my Staff of Ra comment didn't make it into the semi-finals. :D

Mysterae said:
Damn, I thought you said multipass...

multipass_01.jpg

Me likes that one. :D

And another one from Bbq.of.DooM on bit-tech.net:

The holes on the 2 sides (the notches) are for when someone wants to steal your new Cuplex XT, you put the multitool in your hand, with it between finger #3 and #4, and use it like a brass knuckle.

Well I got good news and bad news on The Great AC Multi-Tool Contest. :eek:

Bad news first:

There is always going to be winners and losers in any contest. :(

Good news:

Was at Sharka getting some more AC goodies today and I was lamenting that I only had one Multi-Tool and I had a whole bunch of good answers. So Wes graciously turned me on to five (5) more Multi-Tools so we now can have six (6) winners. :D

So the bottom line is keep those answers coming in! :cool:

From metarinka on bit-tech.net

pff, so very obvious. its used as a direct die jet impingment water block. The two small holes are mobo mounting holes. The center hole holds the 8mm tubing perfectly above the cpu. the side cut outs are for style and to reduce weight. and finally for the enthusiast O/cer a convient bottle opener over their mobo.

From Ener on bit-tech.net

Your all wrong the holes are to bolt that thing to a desk or a bartable so you can always open a drink (beer) instead of pissing around trying to find one.

LadyMakoFox said:
I dont think any guy would admit to using one for that esp since the holes are tiny...

The roflcopter already admitted it was for cleaning his foreskin and that was why I said that brought new meaning to the term "Pencil Geeks." BTW, how about a pic on your idea for Multi-Tool earrings?

And today from the AC Forum the Big Cheese of Aqua Computer Stephan gives us this little morsel: ;)

I just can say, that the 8mm hole in the middle is used in relation with the plug&cool-System and you'll need it sometime. To use it you maybe need a cutter as second tool. But the cutter is not always necessary. ;)

Well since we have six (6) Multi-Tools to play with I thought I would give out separate award categories.

Most Useful

Most Artistic

Most Obscure

Most Imaginative

Most Looped (crazy)

And of course Top Nurse's Pick

How about a carrot (whatever) peeler.

No one suggested that yet ... you never know, German's love food.

The smaller holes can also be used to connect the tools together to form a necklace or maybe even a tool-mail, kinda like ring-mail armor but with AC-tools! That gotta look schweet!
or just make it a necklace-jewlery by attaching a chain to each hole and maybe put in some kind of gem or LED in the big hole :)

Guys... Its so obvious that it is a head decorating peice. Just push some hair threw it and use rubber bands, boom, ac mini hat like thing.

pshh your all wrong, besides punching parts out of it to use as bling coins at the AC store, you can use it as a tubing separator (really small tubes) then mount it so you can *gasp* not use it as a bottle opener , but a cool dealy to look at!!!!

cheese slicer :p

or you can mod it and make it a cigar tip cutter ... duuh ... Aqua Computers wants you to mod it dammit

I think the whole thing is Alien-tech. In the event you forget the words "Klaatu Barada Nikto" but need to keep Gort from destroying the world you pull the fail-safe key out of his back and he switches to kitty-cat mode.

Little known fact: Gort was cooled using German watercooling gear and used Windows 51 (It's much more stable, with a more intuitive GUI than Windows 49).

BellaCroix said:
I think the whole thing is Alien-tech. In the event you forget the words "Klaatu Barada Nikto" but need to keep Gort from destroying the world you pull the fail-safe key out of his back and he switches to kitty-cat mode.

Little known fact: Gort was cooled using German watercooling gear and used Windows 51 (It's much more stable, with a more intuitive GUI than Windows 49).

why didn't they settle the problems in windows 50 ?

mohammedtaha said:
How about a carrot (whatever) peeler.

No one suggested that yet ... you never know, German's love food.

How about a pic of it working peeling a carrot? Might even actually work... :eek:

knaSen said:
The smaller holes can also be used to connect the tools together to form a necklace or maybe even a tool-mail, kinda like ring-mail armor but with AC-tools! That gotta look schweet!
or just make it a necklace-jewlery by attaching a chain to each hole and maybe put in some kind of gem or LED in the big hole :)

The newest thing in battle gear: M-T Armour

So can someone rig up a LED in the center hole that blings when anyone ever says Swiftech or Danger Den? :cool:

L1ght said:
Guys... Its so obvious that it is a head decorating peice. Just push some hair threw it and use rubber bands, boom, ac mini hat like thing.

Pic please. :)

mohammedtaha said:
or you can mod it and make it a cigar tip cutter ... duuh ... Aqua Computers wants you to mod it dammit

Cigar tip cutter for those who have everything? Think I got some friends who smoke Cuban cigars that are also watercoolers. What a concept to promote AC gear. bling-bling-bling :p

BellaCroix said:

Me likes this one. :D

mohammedtaha said:
why didn't they settle the problems in windows 50 ?

Everyone know Windows 50 (Fif-tee) was just like Windows ME (em-ee)... they just released that to force everyone to buy Windows 51. Of course, patches were worse then since they were just printed in the back of Compute magazine and you had to type them in yourself.

And from the Bbq.of.DooM on bit-tech.net: "Here. I made a picture of more things."

actool3pj.png

By the way, has anyone ever wondered what the BBQ of Doom is?

This is it:
bexp.gif

Top Nurse said:
I wouldn't recommend that as you will not get a straight cut and your push-fit would probably leak.
And that is why I don't use push-fits :D
Just playin with you TN, but I didn't have a problem getting square-enough cuts with scissors when I built my loop.

Back