• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The game that started it all!

D00M.

I know it's cliche but I had absolutely no interest in computers until one day my father brought me home a copy of D00M from work and handed it to me. His exact words were.

"I've benn playing this non-stop at work. It's twisted. You'd probably like it."

Ever since then I've been hooked.
 
mmmmm saying that i have probly played every dam game since like 96...... mmmmmm

I would have to say the game started it all was Duke3d....Or command and conquer.

I'll never forget being a little like 13 boys and seeing those 2d strippers in duke. And killing "pigs" and the cussing and blood and crazzy places in that game... as don vito would say "BEST GAME EVAR!@"
 
Trying to think back at the first game that got me hooked, I can't really recall. Either something on the Atari 2600 like Missle Command or Berzerk or something on the Apple ][ like Commander Keen. Things like Karateka, Zork, and Sopwith are coming to mind too, but I think these were later.

Now that I think about it more, the 2600 had to be first. My mom loved 'Video Pinball' for the 2600, then later got into a video pinball game we had for the Apple ][ called 'David's Midnight Magic'
 
Tyrian, C&C, Commander Keen, Civ 1 and Transport Tycoon ate big parts of my spare time once. Transport Tycoon is definitely the one I played the most (it's so addictive), but I just can't say what was the first. Lost in the mists of time, I guess. :p

Didn't get into FPS until much later. (The first FPS I played for any amount of time was Quake multiplayer (at school), and the first one I got for myself was UT.)
 
man this brings back memorys..


Tie figher Good times
Diablo 1 GOOOD TIMES
Jedi knight 2 best evar
doom
Raise of the traid
 
Hooked me on games in general would be KC Munchkin on my Oddesy 2 (Packman type game) It was the first game I remember that let you build your own levels. That's an interesting thing too, you could make a mod for a game back in 1981. KC Munchkin

Hooked me on multiplayer would be Stunt Car Racer and Jet on the Amiga with a Null modem cable. Stunt Car racer
 
roz1281 said:
Chips challenge
Doom
wolf3d


Ooh, Chip's challenge. Did you know all the passwords are encoded in the data files?
I did decode quite a lot of them once. Looked like a simple substitution chiper at the time, I suspect they just added some (constant) number to the char codes.
Even without knowing that, it's rather simple once you've got a few passwords to compare against. :D
 
game that started me was pong: Original

game that was overlooked by the masses: Master of Magic (i still play it even though it was released in the early 90's)
 
Combat for the Atari started me on Console gaming.
For the PC, it was all about Navcom and Wolf3D... Before that, I was just a Zork/Adventure addict.
 
The Bard's Tale on the C64 is what got me into computers way back when (20 years ago)
 
Hollow4 said:
game that was overlooked by the masses: Master of Magic (i still play it even though it was released in the early 90's)
I've heard rumors that MoM may be remade. That game has one of the richest and deepest AI and tech trees even today. I talked to Bruce Shelley about that game one time and he told me some of the inside stuff on it.
 
My first all night game was also UFO XCOM....still play it once a year or so :)
Found Civ shortly after that and saw the sun rise many many times :D

My first online game was EGA Multiplayer Battletech. It had the mechwarrior one game engine straped to a planet capture and rpg shell, was great spent way to much money on that one.
 
Pong.

For computer games, probably Strategic Conquest on a FatMac. "Just one more turn..."
 
Dark Forces, was in second grade when my older cousin introduced me to it, then my dad finally got it for me.
 
Got started back with Duke and old school Quake. Took a break and then started to play the Tom Clancy games to get me back in.
 
game that got me going online was Monster Truck Madness 2 ...yay


..my mom got me into gaming when I was a wee little lad by buying me my own black and white 13" T.V. and an Atari 2600 ...the title was "Combat" I think that came with the Atari console ..played that for "..me wuv yoo wong time" ..long time
 
I put 1/2 a billion quarters in the asteroids machine at the bowling alley in the 70's
so my pic is
Asteroids.
 
Apart from educational games when I was young(er), the first "Real" game that got me into PC gaming was when I discovered DUNE II in '96 when I was 9. That was followed in quick succession by C&C and then Red Alert.
A10-Cuba also deserves honourable mention. I spent so many hours playing LAN against my dad, finding each other with the PAVE system then flying straight toward each other and releasing all our missiles before frantically diving and dropping chaff and flares. So much fun.

I should also thank PC Gamer magazine. The second I discovered them in '99 the addiction really took off. Good times. :D
 
Aieget said:
the first "Real" game that got me into PC gaming was when I discovered DUNE II in '96 when I was 9. :D
thanks for making me feel like an old SOB.
 
Best games I've played that got no love:

Battlezone
Battlezone II
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division(might be shogo 2, dont' remember)
Interstate 76'
 
command and conquer no doubt, especially when redalert came out. golden eye for consoles
 
Quake is really what got me started but Doom is probably the first I've played. Even when I played Doom I never owned a PC I just played in in stores like Radio Shack. But once my mom bought a PC I got into playing Quake online and then Action Quake 2, UT, Counterstrike, UT2003, UT2004, and am now into Counter Strike Source. I skipped Quake 3 for some reason. I guess I thought UT was better.
 
I was a console gamer with my NES and Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt when I was 5 back in '92, but I really started gaming on the SNES with super mario world seeing as a 5 year old I didn't have the full mental capacity to "pwn noobs". :p

When it came to PC I would play wolf3d/doom at my friends house once in a while but we still played consoles 99% of the time.Then I got Duke3D with some joystick I bought for the PC as it looked like it kicked ass.(Thrustmaster w00t) I played that for about a few levels. But then I ended up buying Quake after that and played the whole game. When Quake 2 came out I played the entire game in software mode with just a keyboard until I found out about a little thing called 3dfx :) Ever since then I really started playing PC, but I still love my consoles :D
 
xTABx7 said:
command and conquer no doubt, especially when redalert came out. golden eye for consoles

C&C, totally ... and I remember having debates with people over whether or not Goldeneye would run on a PC, back when that was some sexy lookin' textures and all.

Real big first was Mechwarrior II though.
 
Mostly a console guy, but DOOM was my first big PC game. As for overlooked favorites, check my sig.
 
Back
Top