The game that made you jump...

[ T ] A C O;1030875522 said:
Well, gee, guess Im just a big pussy then. :rolleyes:

You know I don't mean anything close to that. Just puzzled about it.. guess I'm so mucho ;)

@Tylerdurdened
Same reason you get scared or emotional reading a good book, it's a concept lost these days.

AvP I used to wake up hearing the pinging of the motion tracker and reach for my pulse rifle just like in the opening marine movie.

Turns out I'm not a space marine and I don't have a pulse rifle :( The face huggers are still real though.

Original Unreal. It was the first time I played 3D game in computer and had 400watt audio system hooked up to my computer. Scarry

I can't believe we made it to page 7 on this thread before anyone mentioned Silent Hill...Completely forgot about that, I guess everyone was thinking FPS. That was some scary stuff.

I dont know about terrifying, but damn, no game has made me jump like this one:

64jumpman.gif

u sir have made my day ;)

I can't believe we made it to page 7 on this thread before anyone mentioned Silent Hill...Completely forgot about that, I guess everyone was thinking FPS. That was some scary stuff.

It's been mentioned like 6 times in the previous page, haha :D

also seventh guest made me jump one time. when the people appear and disappear it was just really freaky for me back then.

AVP1 - marine campagne on Directors Cut
AVP2 - same as above
Thief 3 - shalesberg cradle level
STALKER - whenever I'm in the vicinity of bloodsuckers and they pop up in front of me

I have to agree with Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (Hotel mission)

No level has kept me 100% goosebumped for the ENTIRE DURATION without ever having the possibility of losing life. And every time I play it it's the same thing, as soon as you climb up that sewer and the music starts playing, the bowel movements start.

Another vote for AvP 2. I hope I have that game still, gonna try to find it tomorrow. Anyone know if it plays on Vista x64?

No game has ever made me so scared and freaked out as with FEAR and its extension.

Every time Alma appeared, I had a near heart attack. A lot of scary titles were named in this thread, but nothing comes close to FEAR.

No game has ever made me so scared and freaked out as with FEAR and its extension.

Every time Alma appeared, I had a near heart attack. A lot of scary titles were named in this thread, but nothing comes close to FEAR.

Yeah - XP had some really creepy moments... :eek: :)

Scary and making me jump are two different things, all the scary ones are covered in depth but I'll just reiterate a couple of people for the ones that made me jump.

Police Station in the first Resident Evil, you knew it was coming but I still jumped a good few inches.
T-Rex in Tomb Raider 1
Abandoned Hotel Level in Vampire The Masquerade (scared the bejeesus out of me)

Also whenever I'm playing FEAR and my girlfriend comes and taps me on the Shoulder.

FEAR, the part when paxton pops out and smacks your head with a board, just wasnt expecting it:D .

I'm gonna have to add Dreamfall: The Longest Journey to my list. The part where you're creeping around the rundown hotel with drugged/brainwashed people wandering around was very tense and creepy. I jumped pretty badly when i turned a corner and there was a "patient" right in front of me.

finished the first lvl on AVP 1 with marine...

"I was not considered as a normal member of society for next few days"

There was a level in Quake 1 that made me jump. It was a dark room and when you hit a specific trigger, like 25 monsters spawned and all the lights came on at the same time. I think it was one of the e4m* levels.
I think FEAR might have had me jump once when you go into that alcove to get the shiny thing then that lil girls shadow flashes by.

Had some good moments in Condemned (the guy in the "wall" way and the locker room). Doom 3 almost had me a few times, but I usually had my shotgun out for quick reciprocation ;) Undying had some moments, I am so glad CB is working on another game. All Silent Hill games get a special nod. Clock Tower also comes to mind as well as the granddaddy of the TPS survival-'whore' genre Alone in the Dark.

Silent hill was the first game to make me turn off my video games and not want to turn them back on for the rest of the night lol. Me and my friend found that game really creepy, mind you we only played it at 11pm so it was pure black in the basement :p

the problem is, a game with crappy graphics for its time, or is old and/or runs bad, its impossible to creep me out, so like doom3 and HL2 head crabs, and later fear,made me jump playing in the dark at 3am, stoned, with bose headphones

You know what game really scared the shit out of me? I came home one day to find my sister had installed some Barbie doll game on my PC. From then on, I made sure to lock the box good before I left.

This is gonna sound really lame, but a few times I got pretty freaked out playing Luigi's Mansion at night.

HL2 demo was freaking me out the other night... I had like 0 ammo and was having to use saw blades and explosive stuff VS those hyper zombie things so I was freaking out and running for my life lol. Nothing like angry zombies you just set on fire trying to kill you while trying to find something else to shoot at them :eek: . Think I might actually get the game now :D

Resident Evil back in the day... nothing like going down a hallway 5 times and THEN something jumps out of the window at you... OMFG me and my buddy used to play that late at night on weekends. Good times...

Haven't played AvP in a long time, but that was also a great game... something about stuff jumping at you trying to eat your face I guess ;)

Definitely Doom3. I played it in the basement and in the dark too. I had just purchased my logitech z680 speakers and I wasn't used to surround sound in games so that added to the jump factor :)

Back