The Frag Dolls

Steve said:
I can't update Hyponerdia. The interview has been done for awile, I may just have to post it on [H]ardOCP, but that isn't something we normally cover here.

I am crossing my fingers that we will have all my server issues fixed fairly soon.

Ah, that explains a lot, Steve... was wondering about that! Thanks for filling us in.

-Skystalker

http://www.fragdolls.com/profile.php?doll=valkyrie

hey, on the 2nd pic. at the top, there are 2 girls, who's the one on the left?

-----------------------------------------------------------
but I'd highly disagree. I've been probably gaming and been married longer than you've been alive. Diversity in a relationship makes it thrive

Ditto. Especially if your sys. is like a 30" Apple w/ a FX3400, among other goodies, which will suck up to about $8K for me. I don't want anyone to touch my sys. But if she has the $$ to have an equivalent sys., that's fine w/ me.

As to sys. like Xbox, Gamecube, these are Non-PC 2nd class game sys. anyway. Poor resolution, extremely poor game interface (joystick and such), these so-called joysticks are un-sensitive, low performance, cheap, total trailer trash.

But then again, most PC joystick co. also sucks. I am so glad I can rely on CH, as they are one of the finest, if not the best joystick co. in the world. (and proudly made in USA too)

How can anyone stand the cheap video resolution and crappy joystick on those Xbox, Nintendo, etc. is a mystery.

The picture on Valkyrie's profile is of her and me at dinner after PAX was over. If you can't tell by our tiredness. ;) I don't always look like a zombie.

And to whoever was complaining about our dress - the tees and jeans... well, I think those clothes are cute, but if we were dressing to be sexy we could have done much better. They could have been sequined tube tops and mini skirts and that would be more than modest for the "booth babe" types I've been seeing us compared to. I think all of us on the team can agree that we like wearing clothes that fit and are flattering. I won't apologize for liking to dress in a way that's tasteful and attractive. I hardly think we can be blamed for that. I hate to think I'd be penalized for going to the gym and maintaining a healthy lifestyle just because "gamers" aren't supposed to do that. I've been gaming since i was a tyke, and it's not about to stop just because I'm in shape.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. ;) This prejudice is something we've been having a problem with for the last little while, so it hits a nerve.

Nothing wrong with tees and jeans, I think it's actually rather sexy... on a chick. :D

Heh, Jinx you look like another person on that pic... compared to to the one at the start of this thread where it looks like the cameraman should be running for his life. :p Must be the eyeshadow..

Steve, where's the interview?! :D

Happy Hopping said:
How can anyone stand the cheap video resolution and crappy joystick on those Xbox, Nintendo, etc. is a mystery.
Because games transcend graphics and interfaces. Design is law. Game mechanics bring the players. It's why text-adventures, MUDs and classic emulators still exist.

Impulse said:
Heh, Jinx you look like another person on that pic... compared to to the one at the start of this thread where it looks like the cameraman should be running for his life. :p Must be the eyeshadow..

Steve, where's the interview?! :D

Yeh jinx looks like a girly girl on val's profile and on the first page she looks like a punky girl ...

Jinx FD said:
And to whoever was complaining about our dress - the tees and jeans... well, I think those clothes are cute, but if we were dressing to be sexy we could have done much better. They could have been sequined tube tops and mini skirts and that would be more than modest for the "booth babe" types I've been seeing us compared to. I think all of us on the team can agree that we like wearing clothes that fit and are flattering. I won't apologize for liking to dress in a way that's tasteful and attractive. I hardly think we can be blamed for that. I hate to think I'd be penalized for going to the gym and maintaining a healthy lifestyle just because "gamers" aren't supposed to do that. I've been gaming since i was a tyke, and it's not about to stop just because I'm in shape.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. ;) This prejudice is something we've been having a problem with for the last little while, so it hits a nerve.
Finally, a chance to get the thread back on topic. Let me try and see if I can't get you to clarify a few points. While you state that you weren't dressing to be sexy, how do you explain that every group shot of the Frag Dolls feature all of you in sleeveless T's and low-cut jeans? Doesn't that play into the "booth babe" mentality that you're trying to avoid? Individual shots seem to express more personality rather than sexuality.

Hey, I applaud you and everyone else who gets away from games to get to the gym or do something else physical (I wish others were like you and me in the gaming realm), but what else do you do to avoid being pigeonholed as a gimmick to be used at gaming events? For that matter, isn't there a touch of hypocracy by being sponsored by Ubisoft, one of the worst companies to perpetuate the booth babe stererotype? (Eidos being the worst... With Nintendo and Microsoft strangely at the opposite end of the spectrum.)

Don't take these questions the wrong way. I'm all for women in gaming (mostly through change from the inside of the industry) and I have some concerns over some ulterior motives of your sponsors. For instance, I'm guessing Ubi sprung for the clothing and website.

Jesus that brooklyn girl is way to hot to be a gamer.

I like Hotties playing games it makes me all warm and fuzzy. :D

Booya!!! to hotties and who can work a piece of Hardware :p

I don't think when a company offers you a sponsorship you go and say "ehh, I'm wayting for company B to offer me something because you've had booth babes at your booth in the past" Torgo... Just not very realistic no matter how lofty your ideals are. :p

Hell if I don't know... Ion Storm came back from the dead (they're dead aren't they?) and offered me a sponsorship I'd take it and forgive the fact that they unleashed Daikatana upon the world. S'long as they're paying me to game I'm up for it, heh. I guess I just don't see it as a point of contention for whatever moral views I have, not everything has to be y'know...

Back