The First Zombie-Proof House

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, could you imagine living in this zombie-proof house? Hell, throw a little razor wire on top of the fence and you'll even be safe from door-to-door salesman. :D

Thanks to Briliu for the link.

Last edited:
I don't think you need a zombie proof house. You need a house full of non-morons. The house can be impenetrable, but then the kid opens the door, cause her pet Fluffy is still outside. BAM! Zombies invade at the time.

Maybe your standard zombies. But those Resident Evil zombies would be in there in no time.

Lol, looks like that guy will be ready. I like it. Serves multipurpose function.

Ya, they had the gigantic zombie with a huge sledgehammer. I don't even know how it made the sledgehammer.

Doesn't look very zombie proof to me. There are no concrete barriers or protection for the pool house, and we all know that everyone loves swimming in pools when danger is around :(

I don't think you need a zombie proof house. You need a house full of non-morons. The house can be impenetrable, but then the kid opens the door, cause her pet Fluffy is still outside. BAM! Zombies invade at the time.

lol, aren't most zombie movies like this? Always some idiot that screws it up for the rest.

Is this not a flaw? It's not all concrete...

GN4td.jpg

I think underground is too dangerous. Above ground is way better. Like a 20 ft foundation of solid concrete, with smooth granite on the outside. Then you need suction cups to climb the wall to get to the door, which will be recessed in a little.

Doesn't look very zombie proof to me. There are no concrete barriers or protection for the pool house, and we all know that everyone loves swimming in pools when danger is around :(

Look at the first picture. It does look like the property has a concrete wall all the way around. You also don't know what the pool house is made of. I would consider bullet proof lexan to be fairly Zombie proof.

I would want to live in it.. except I would want mine to be completely underground at least a few (3+) stories. I would want it to have at least 1' steel-reinforced, aluminum+lead plated concrete.

That would be life. :D

I think underground is too dangerous. Above ground is way better. Like a 20 ft foundation of solid concrete, with smooth granite on the outside. Then you need suction cups to climb the wall to get to the door, which will be recessed in a little.

How is underground dangerous?

I would want to live in it.. except I would want mine to be completely underground at least a few (3+) stories. I would want it to have at least 1' steel-reinforced, aluminum+lead plated concrete.

That would be life. :D

No matter how far you are down Milla Jovovich will find a way in.

It's a good and bad thing. She's a zombie magnet.

This guy is the first to die...he recognizes the hero as being a dangerous person to be around and runs away from her....directly into the zombies that she tends to attract :)

Underground bunker is probably less prone to mechanical failure, and protects you from more than just zombiepocalypse. Not as sexy though.

I'd rather it be underground too. That way I'd have better radiation protection.

This guy is the first to die...he recognizes the hero as being a dangerous person to be around and runs away from her....directly into the zombies that she tends to attract :)

With my luck, I wouldn't die. I'd just get turned into like, Nemesis #2.

Any siege-proof structure is only so until the food goes bad and the water runs out.

Ya, they had the gigantic zombie with a huge sledgehammer. I don't even know how it made the sledgehammer.
It stole it from someone or he made it right before he got bitten.

Its all good until the electricity goes out. :eek:
Haha yep.. or you just end up swarmed by millions of zombies with no chance of ever getting out anyway.

It's a good and bad thing. She's a zombie magnet.
And she tends to smell like them too. Something about her day job or whatever...

Hopefully the house is built in a location where it rains a lot. Then they can just collect their own water. As for food, can we just eat zombies? If you cook it at a high enough temp, will the zombie disease or whatever go away?

None of that actually looks like concrete, the hinges are way to small on the window covers, also lol at the hinges being on the out side. he should just leave his house and head to northern Canada and sit tight zombies would all freeze in the winters up there. on a more serious note that's an awesome house even if its not concrete.

Guess you could stock a butt ton of MREs and the swimming pool can double as storage water.

I'd have some modifications to make so that it didn't look like a prison to passersby, but it's surprisingly not horrible.

If you really want it zombie-proof, you'll need a few things:

A garden on the roof
solar cells that can power everything you need to be comfortable
a deep well for drinking water
a way out besides the front door. I'd suggest a tunnel to the far side of the property so that when the zombies get to milling around waiting for you to come back to the front door, you can still leave without wasting time scoring a few dozen headshots.

Back