• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The First Descendant

yeah I wouldnt use RT in any face paced game. I would rather have the framerate over IQ. Shit I play in all medium settings for this game for that reason.
Oh without a doubt, I will play on all low with view distance maxed like most MP games, I was just making an observation.
 
This fight is total bs.
Well that was a pain in the ass. Turns out, Viessa or whatever her name is is kinda ass. I had her at Level 40 but boss fights she useless. Luckily your Mastery rank carries over to new Descendents so I started Bunny since you get her during the campaign and leveled her to 40. Beat that dickhead Devourer on the first try with a group.

That's the first real power check in the game, after some googling. You really need to optimize a "build" to get through that fight but boy if felt good finally getting it done.
 
Now i'm stuck on the next big boss/intercept.

This campaign is a real learning experience, the game does not hold your hand. Casuals need not apply.
 
Now i'm stuck on the next big boss/intercept.

This campaign is a real learning experience, the game does not hold your hand. Casuals need not apply.
If you're running into difficulties with intercept bosses it may be worth giving it a try solo. At least that worked for me.
 
If you're running into difficulties with intercept bosses it may be worth giving it a try solo. At least that worked for me.
Yeah I've read that 1000 times. So far i've been alright just not immediately trying to beat it when you unlock it but instead spend some time farming and bettering my build. I think as soon as you get to the step to beat the next intercept boss, you're not really "ready" for it yet anyway.
 
My head is spinning a bit starting the game, but seems fun with Ajax starter. Getting good performance with 3080 and 5800X3D so far. Is there a recommended primer, so I can get up to speed?

Edit: Tried to like this one but not doing it for me at all after a few more hours. GLTA.
 
Last edited:
not getting good reviews...

"The First Descendant has all the building blocks of a fantastic looter shooter, but they’re buried under a pile of monotonous quests, a terrible story, and an infuriating free-to-play model that has influenced its game design in the worst possible way

in its best moments, blasting aliens apart with both fireballs and a satisfying arsenal of weapons makes for a really great time – but at least an equal portion of my time was spent battling perplexing design decisions that tested the limits of my abundant patience...like its peers, future updates could evolve this live-service into a much more consistently enjoyable way to spend time with friends, but for now it misses the mark too often to make its grind feel worthwhile"

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-first-descendant-review
 
There are definitely things that aren't explained very well, if at all; the tutorial bot that you can go talk to has only subtitles that go by too fast (and its only vocals are little robot sounds, not words); the decryption puzzle thingum is all QTEs and burns up the key even if you fail and is the only way to get certain very limited components/other things (unless you use a specific descendant who has a bonus ability that slows the QTE waaaay down); another mission/even type you can only get double rewards by using the only descendant in the game with stealth (and it's so short you will die 3 times to get the boss in).

Monetization is worse than Warframe by far; lots of fiddly components to make to make other things that require fairly large numbers of base materials that are acquired in small quantity by breaking down weapons or popping in-world crates. I don't trust the in-game listed drop rates and Nexon has been busted twice in Korea for lying about drop rates already. Maximum of 5 research projects going at once.

Movement is good, not as good as Warframe; the grappling hook is decent and the auto-lock/assist on it works well enough. Guns look, feel, and sound good for the most part. When you switch out a weapon with a higher level version of the same, you don't have to redo mods; mods are saved per named weapon.

To be fair on my movement comment, Warframe's movement is the combination of years of development, bugs, bugs turned into features, and player feedback.
 
Last edited:
the tutorial bot that you can go talk to has only subtitles that go by too fast
Hate this. I've read that some people are taking a video with their phone to watch it back lol
the decryption puzzle thingum is all QTEs and burns up the key even if you fail and is the only way to get certain very limited components/other things (unless you use a specific descendant who has a bonus ability that slows the QTE waaaay down)
I'm not even touching those until I get Enzo for that reason.
another mission/even type you can only get double rewards by using the only descendant in the game with stealth (and it's so short you will die 3 times to get the boss in).
That and the above decision to lock certain things to certain descendants is very, very strange.
When you switch out a weapon with a higher level version of the same, you don't have to redo mods; mods are saved per named weapon.
However your perks/stats will still need to be re-rolled eventually. If you upgrade a specific weapon high enough from where it dropped, the perks will go white/gray as they were values that were linked to its base level. If you want higher stats and chances at gold/purple stats again you have to re-roll them.
 
However your perks/stats will still need to be re-rolled eventually. If you upgrade a specific weapon high enough from where it dropped, the perks will go white/gray as they were values that were linked to its base level. If you want higher stats and chances at gold/purple stats again you have to re-roll them.
Didn't know that about upgrading weapon stats. I've not really bothered fusing or rerolling weapons as I'm not getting drops at cap so I'll just occasionally switch out whatever my 3 top DPS weapons are (in different classes, since each ammo type is a shared pool if you run two if one type). Same with reactor and mods.

I did notice that levelling and re-rolling crafted gold weapons results in a weapon that is less capable than purple and sometimes even blue weapons in the same class, to my annoyance. Sucks that crafting it prints it out at level one, with level one perks. So you have to level it up with something else, then re-roll it, costing several additional crafted parts. And hope your reroll is decent, or you'll be spending even more to keep rerolling.

I do somewhat like the 'merge gold weapons to level up the unique perk' but ugh, farming the the 4 required schematics + required materials sucks because the rate you get certain materials from disassembly is obnoxiously low, relative to the build costs. Yay monetization!
 
One of those games where I'm not even remotely interested in the graphical details. Enjoying just playing instead. 4090 and RT is off due to the performance hit but I simply don't care but turning it on it doesn't even look any different.
 
I'd love to play it but it seems it ain't working with with Linux & Proton yet for me. I'm hoping the devs & Valve figure out a way since I was aiming to play it with friends.
 
I'd love to play it but it seems it ain't working with with Linux & Proton yet for me. I'm hoping the devs & Valve figure out a way since I was aiming to play it with friends.
It uses Easy Anti-Cheat, so Proton support will probably never happen.
 
IIRC, Nexon has their own thing and it's not EAC.

Edit: Huh, Steam lists it as EAC. But Nexon also has their own thing. You can find it in "M1\Binaries\Win64\BlackCipher" under the install directory.
 
Feels good to get to this point without paying a dime. You gotta be ok with farming but the payoff is nice.

1721963738921.png


Now.. who to farm for next...
 
I don't even think I wanna watch a review. I'm having a damn blast. So much still to unlock and build and the gameplay itself is very fun.

Not to mention, and its *wild* to see these days but the devs are PUMPING out patches and hotfixes with direct community requests and feedback.
 
I don't even think I wanna watch a review. I'm having a damn blast. So much still to unlock and build and the gameplay itself is very fun.

Not to mention, and its *wild* to see these days but the devs are PUMPING out patches and hotfixes with direct community requests and feedback.
And their response to the Tamer meta "Eh, it's good, we think someone will figure out better, not going to change anything. Go forth, be powerful." They fixed a bug with Kyle, which TBF needed fixing since apparently it was allowing near one-shot kills of high-level void encounters, clearly not intended design.
 
And their response to the Tamer meta "Eh, it's good, we think someone will figure out better, not going to change anything. Go forth, be powerful." They fixed a bug with Kyle, which TBF needed fixing since apparently it was allowing near one-shot kills of high-level void encounters, clearly not intended design.
I think the Tamer meta died, enough evidence came out to show its weaknesses and frankly I hated using it. Enduring Legacy seems to the play for the LMG's at the moment.

Nazeistra's Devotion i'm just about done building, two more catalysts to slot. Thing hits like a damn freight train and is quite satisfying. Then to focus on Greg's, that's real fun.
 
The wildest thing is Reddit feeling bad for the dev's listening so well and making changes so fast.

Regarding the 24 hour turnaround on adjusting the season 1 content schedule to not be so spread out.
 
Feels good to get to this point without paying a dime. You gotta be ok with farming but the payoff is nice.

View attachment 668256

Now.. who to farm for next...
I've managed to unlock Ultimate Valby, Ultimate Lepic, and Ultimate Viessa. I did purchase Ultimate Freyna and Ultimate Bunny though. I've almost got Ultimate Ajax's ready to unlock. I just need one more piece. I'm about half way done with Ultimate Gley.
 
I've managed to unlock Ultimate Valby, Ultimate Lepic, and Ultimate Viessa. I did purchase Ultimate Freyna and Ultimate Bunny though. I've almost got Ultimate Ajax's ready to unlock. I just need one more piece. I'm about half way done with Ultimate Gley.
Nice. I'm hoping there is some more to do in Season 2, I should watch that trailer. I haven't actually played in a couple of weeks and been enjoying some other games. Ult Gley is the only Ultimate I don't have and frankly I'm not all that into her after leveling her normal version. I'll have to be REAL bored lol.

Ajax OTOH is probably my favorite multipurpose character. Great mobbing build with the infinite jump spam an un-killable HP based build with Passionate Sponsor then then for the latest boss, a shield build that gives me 40k base and nearly 60k shield when I pop his jump. All of them feel great.
 
Nice. I'm hoping there is some more to do in Season 2, I should watch that trailer. I haven't actually played in a couple of weeks and been enjoying some other games. Ult Gley is the only Ultimate I don't have and frankly I'm not all that into her after leveling her normal version. I'll have to be REAL bored lol.

Ajax OTOH is probably my favorite multipurpose character. Great mobbing build with the infinite jump spam an un-killable HP based build with Passionate Sponsor then then for the latest boss, a shield build that gives me 40k base and nearly 60k shield when I pop his jump. All of them feel great.
There is also a dev commentary video on Season 2:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBU8n2KDWbA
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dan_D
like this
I tried it but it got really boring and micro tranny heavy by the 3rd or 4th hour. Worth diving back in -> is there variety now?
 
Back
Top