The Fallout New Vegas Thread * will contain spoilers *

So, being inspirired by the person that created the "Russian" I decided to do a themed approach as well.
If you want to be a legit Fallout player, you'll play with a character named "Max Stone", "Natalia Dubrovhsky" or "Albert Cole".

How many points do you have in luck to win big like that? I'm betting luck plays a part in that win...I have mine set to 1 :)
Never thought of that, luck playing a factor but that makes sense!

It's at 5, like most of my stats, except for Perception, which I set at 6, and Intelligence, at 9. I later put in an extra point into Strength with the levelup perk so I could use certain weapons. I mostly lost, got some cherries here and there so I didn't run out of money, then after about the 40th or so max bid the oranges finally lined up.

I'm sure even with 1 point of luck it is still mathematically possible. :)

Probably, I have about 20k to seed it with, so ought to be able to force a win with enough persistence, I ought to save and give it a go :)

Any ideas how this happened? Not like it's affecting my game settings, just find it odd.

wutx.png

The vendor I've found to have the most money is the ex-NCR arms merchant at route 188, she stands by a truck with crates on it, at the end of the south bridge, and sleeps nearby at night, she has between 4k-8k caps on her when I visit, and restocks.

Id kill for a screen shot of the map of this location. I havent ofund a damned thing outside of the gun runners and im needing anti-material rifle repairs like mad...and they dont have any.
Can you get a screen cap up with this chicks location?

Well it's almost time. Ronnie Raygun, the charismatic smooth talkin, laser blastin, suit wearin, and generally all around nice guy, is about to make the final stand for the New California Republic!

(I think my next game will be a ruthless unarmed punk named Max Savage. Look out Casar, there's a new badass in town)

Id kill for a screen shot of the map of this location. I havent ofund a damned thing outside of the gun runners and im needing anti-material rifle repairs like mad...and they dont have any.

console: `

player.addperk 00031de5

Route 188 location is just South-East of the strip. Look for a bridge with a stand and picnic tables.

You'll have to arrive there between 9am & 5pm to see the dealer.

I noticed one of the voice actors on the Vault 11 security tapes also did Oghren from DA:O.

Managed to encounter one game-breaking bug, and it's right in the end quest. Gay poop. All the others were little niggles I could let slide, but I played through the game Idolized by everyone but the Legion, and was helping the NCR. Dam lady tells me to go and speak to the Brotherhood - no dialogue options. Can't finish the game pro-NCR, have to throw away my intended finishing route and go with Yes Man instead.

100 HOURS

If you kill the deathclaws at the quarry, seach the nest of the Mother Deathclaw, there is s light machine gun there.

there is also a fatman there (the weapon ;)), next to a water pond

how do you finish up the Ed-E mission? I brought it to the junk yard but nothing happened.

The first one is in that junk yard, the second was in the BoS bunker talking to one apprentice

There also is a paladin in a BoS safehouse that can repair your stuff to 100%
188.jpg

Anyway I've got Two heads from some bad guys I killed.
There might be more; The question.
What do I do with them?

Quest to kill 3 fiends from Camp Mcarren, the NCR base just south of the strip. Quest giver patrols in the outdoor area of the camp with the tents, also speak to re-con group there for side missions related to them quests.

Route 188 location is just South-East of the strip. Look for a bridge with a stand and picnic tables.

You'll have to arrive there between 9am & 5pm to see the dealer.

The name route 188 is because it's where the highways 93 and 95 cross, there's more info on this location at the wiki

The ex-NCR dealer is actually there all the time, she sleeps in the camp, so just check the tent and the bus sleeping areas for her if you arrive at night.

One question for you all, near the fiends west of the strip there is a "motherlode" object which is worth nearly 5k caps, but you can't just sell it for the money, I guess it's a quest, anyone have any idea where that quest chain starts?

how do oyu finished the quest where you need to talk to the guy at camp mcarren about sending more troop to bitter springs?

He always just says "you cant give me orders"

Also... is there anything else to do in Vault 3 other than let the prisoners go? I talked to main guy there but there were no quests or anything started. I REALLY just want to go back and kill everyone but don't want to miss something.

I'm almost ready to actually hit the strip soon. I have about 6 places to explore for the first time and then figure out how to get on the other side of the Dam. I think I plan to rehit every location and just make sure nothing was missed.

how do oyu finished the quest where you need to talk to the guy at camp mcarren about sending more troop to bitter springs?

He always just says "you cant give me orders"

You need a better reputation.

Also... is there anything else to do in Vault 3 other than let the prisoners go? I talked to main guy there but there were no quests or anything started. I REALLY just want to go back and kill everyone but don't want to miss something.

NCR quest to kill Motor-Runner, but that's about it.

Yep, I didn't need it from him, actually I still need to pick a favour, I don't think there was anything terribly interesting in there, I was going to wait to see if I can fix his dog first, then see if the favour can be used to take him as a pet :)

After you fix him you get him anyway.

NCR quest to kill Motor-Runner, but that's about it.

There's also a ranger in there I think, or one of the NCR guys or something, so you need to kill the leader for the NCR, help this other guys either escape or do whatever (that mission is bugged anyway) and also free the prisoners, that's about it I think.

After you fix him you get him anyway.

Ah cool, I don't have space for him anyway, gonna stick with ED-E since he's upgraded and has awesome battle music xD

You can get the passport for free if you do missions for The Kings. The King will owe you one favor; I chose to get the passport for free.

Be careful about that - you only get one favor and there is an NCR quest later on that you can use his favor for. If you don't care about NCR then it really doesn't matter.

There's also a ranger in there I think, or one of the NCR guys or something, so you need to kill the leader for the NCR, help this other guys either escape or do whatever (that mission is bugged anyway) and also free the prisoners, that's about it I think.

Ah cool, I don't have space for him anyway, gonna stick with ED-E since he's upgraded and has awesome battle music xD

I stuck with ED-E so I could get the awesome power armor. I'm going for the Remnants Tesla power armor now. Remnants Tesla armor + maxed out energy weapons skill + the Laser perk = destruction.

Be careful about that - you only get one favor and there is an NCR quest later on that you can use his favor for. If you don't care about NCR then it really doesn't matter.

Actually there is another way to complete that quest. I took my favor before I did the NCR quests. There are other ways to complete it.

Pushy is my new favorite weapon, overall it says it is less damage than Oh Baby but I'm finding it more effective and hilarious. I love punching someones arm or head off and watching them fly 100 feet backwards.

One thing that really bugs me about the game is the enemy scaling. I was happy to see deathclaws and fire geckos and all the higher lvl guys north of goodsprings . It set a soft barrier into exploring farther north. It actually felt like an accomplishment getting to Vegas at lvl 5. Where the game fell apart for me was in the mid to high 20's and lvl 30. Now all of a sudden ghouls took 2-3 shots of the unique gauss riffle to kill, not to mention the legion troops at the end of the game. If i can kill a deathclaw with 1- 2 shots I should certaintly be able to kill some dipshit centurion in medium/light armor with a shot in the face instead of 3 or more.

All in all I was underwhelmed.

It was also pretty shitty that a trait was needed to see the 'wacky' side of fallout as it is one of the signiture aspects of all the other games in the series.

It was also pretty shitty that a trait was needed to see the 'wacky' side of fallout as it is one of the signiture aspects of all the other games in the series.

I'm not even sure what that does. Give me an example, please.

I'm not even sure what that does. Give me an example, please.

I found some pretty awesome "Holy Frag Grenade" with instructions on how to use it (reminiscent of Monty Python). If you don't have wild wasteland, then it will just be some plain min-nukes. I guess there are UFO's. And you'll get other references like Princess Bride's "Rodents of Unusual Size". Mainly, the trait is all about wacky "encounters"

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Wasteland

I don't recall Fallout being particularly wacky.

One thing that really bugs me about the game is the enemy scaling. I was happy to see deathclaws and fire geckos and all the higher lvl guys north of goodsprings . It set a soft barrier into exploring farther north. It actually felt like an accomplishment getting to Vegas at lvl 5. Where the game fell apart for me was in the mid to high 20's and lvl 30. Now all of a sudden ghouls took 2-3 shots of the unique gauss riffle to kill, not to mention the legion troops at the end of the game. If i can kill a deathclaw with 1- 2 shots I should certaintly be able to kill some dipshit centurion in medium/light armor with a shot in the face instead of 3 or more.

Deathclaws, centurions and ghouls have different HP and DT values. I'm not sure why you're complaining about this?

I don't recall Fallout being particularly wacky.

Fallout 1 was pretty serious and bleak; Fallout 2 had stuff like chess-playing Radscorpions and talking Deathclaws.

Wild Wasteland is just there if you preferred Fallout 2 style humor.

I'm finding XP values to be bizarre. Enemies like Deathclaws and Young Cazadores give you the same XP? C'mon.

Deathclaws, centurions and ghouls have different HP and DT values. I'm not sure why you're complaining about this?
I can appreciate his point of view. It seems as if there are a pretty large number of 'unique' feral ghouls in New Vegas and I get the impression that they're in leveled lists. A standard feral ghoul is easily dispensed, but some of higher-level ferals can take just obscene amounts of damage. Considering they all look pretty similar, the idea that a darker feral ghoul can take ten times as much punishment as a lighter one is pretty lame. I never was much for bullet sponge adversaries, particularly when they're scaled with the player level.

I found some pretty awesome "Holy Frag Grenade" with instructions on how to use it (reminiscent of Monty Python). If you don't have wild wasteland, then it will just be some plain min-nukes. I guess there are UFO's. And you'll get other references like Princess Bride's "Rodents of Unusual Size". Mainly, the trait is all about wacky "encounters"

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Wasteland

Cool!

The problem is the scaling doesn't scale the values all in proportion with each other. At low levels you can one-shot these enemies with a gun like the Gobi sniper rifle - at higher levels like on the dam they can take two or three hits from the .50.

Are you sure these aren't Ghoul Reavers you're talking about? They are much tougher.

In F2, you needed a high luck to find the gag 'special' areas. It seems a shame to waste a perk slot to see them now. Another one: charred bodies named Owen and Beru outside a home in Nipton.

Another quibble: shouldn't the space suit work for the underwater sections?

Last edited:
Are you sure these aren't Ghoul Reavers you're talking about? They are much tougher.

In F2, you needed a high luck to find the gag 'special' areas. It seems a shame to waste a perk slot to see them now. Another one: charred bodies named Owen and Beru outside a home in Nipton.

Another quibble: shouldn't the space suit work for the underwater sections?

That's where mods like this or this come in.

I'm going to get that

I'm finding XP values to be bizarre. Enemies like Deathclaws and Young Cazadores give you the same XP? C'mon.

or the wild brahamin (cow things) give you 55xp and they are the most non dangerous creature ever.

Anyone know a good source of micro fusion cells other than Silver Rush? I did the quest where I wiped out the Van Graffs (which I now regret) and it doesn't seem like anyone but the brotherhood has many of them, and the brotherhood doesnt have much.

Anyone know a good source of micro fusion cells other than Silver Rush? I did the quest where I wiped out the Van Graffs (which I now regret) and it doesn't seem like anyone but the brotherhood has many of them, and the brotherhood doesnt have much.

Check out the Gunrunners store just outside Freeside.

Back