The Elder Scrolls Online

Purchasing options just keep getting more messed up. I thought Morrowind was bad..

Apparently if you want to buy Morrowind now on Steam you have to rebuy the game. It doesn't come with the new Somerset expansion anymore. Its not clear if you have to buy the game again and then the $30 upgrade for Somerset or just buy the $40 Somerset/base game deal. That and apparently steam copies are having tons of problems logging in. Made my minor interest in the game again die.

Apparently if you want to buy Morrowind now on Steam you have to rebuy the game. It doesn't come with the new Somerset expansion anymore. Its not clear if you have to buy the game again and then the $30 upgrade for Somerset or just buy the $40 Somerset/base game deal. That and apparently steam copies are having tons of problems logging in. Made my minor interest in the game again die.
If you want Morrowind now and missed the retail version you can buy it in the Crown store like the other minor DLC. The issue is they separated out the content. I believe the Warden class is now a separate purchase. Morrowind costs 5500 Crowns by itself, if I remember correctly. I believe the conversion rate is 100 Crowns to 1 USD, so $55 for something that cost $30 at retail originally, and you don't even get all the content it had at retail.

I finally got around to playing the game. Thought I could just jump in and play, ended up spending 2 hours reading the documentation on the ESO website anyway. Also was greeted by 300 things in my collection due to buying these CE and felt overwhelmed. Spent another hour sorting through that before I started actually playing the game. Started out in Summerset due to having the expansion already. I wish you were given the option of which area to start in when creating a character. Maybe you do after your first one? Regardless, the game is beautiful and I am really enjoying it so far. Started out as an Altmer Sorcerer. Seriously considering ESO Plus already.

And update on above post:
Morrowind is 3,500 Crowns in the Crown Store, not 5,500. The Warden class is a separate purchase at 1,500 Crowns, though, making it 5,000 to get the content from the retail version. Reminder that the standalone retail version was $40 including both with the base game, and the digital upgrade was $30.

Armenius I'm just taking a guess but they should have come with digital codes that unlock all the digital extras. I can tell you what happens on PC. I bought my ESO digital deluxe upgrade, entered the lone code into the website under my account and I received all the digital upgrades and DLC unlocks that I was supposed to get. :)

If anyone was wondering how the game runs on at 4K max settings with a Ryzen 1700 and Vega 64 with Enhanced Sync enabled; expect around 100 fps all the time in the open world at least. I don't pay attention to the frame rate in the open world dungeons.

Game looks beautiful and is truly stunning for a MMO. Not necessarily because the textures are so high resolution; but more because the game world is so well laid out and alive. The atmosphere created fits the character and combat to a tee.

Alright so I play a helluva lot more and 100 fps in the open world at all times is a dream unless in select areas. In one city I dropped to 35 fps. Some open world areas I have high fps and some places I have slightly sub 60 fps. In other areas 45 fps is great performance for 4K on my RX Vega 64. Game is still a blast to play though.

Oooh...double xp buff? time to break out the alts...lol. Does anyone know\remember when the anniversary event is...is it in April? That cake buff is nice too..lol.

I just played my first dungeon ever, yesterday, and IT WAS KICKASS! Had so much fun. My co-worker/friend happens to be on a guild and we got a nice group going.

Looking forward to the next one.

Maybe I'll have to give it another look. However between the massive performance and CTD problems in Summerset and the agressive and predatory loot box crap, I let my subscription lapse not long after Summerset's release and haven't been back since.

I still have my plus account active simply for the crafting. The shared crafting materials bank makes things so much easier. Once I have the audio kinks in my latest rig ironed out, I think I'm going to hop back in. I want to get a 2nd character to kinda sorta max level (50 or 60? Can't remember).

I dropped my ESO+ when they started giving out free premium trials every few weeks. I just use an addon to dump all my mats into the bank and when they do the free trial, I just grab them all and stash them in the crafting bag. I do have my inventory and bank fully upgraded, though.

I'm curious to see the new Necromancer class.....always loved them since I had one in Everquest. But most of the ones after that didn't seem to be as good to me.

Dark Heart of Skyrim expansion teased at the end of Season of the Dragon trailer featured last night on The Game Awards. Begins at 2:10 in the trailer.

The global reveal on January 16, 2020 will be exactly one year from the previous post in this thread :greyalien:.

I skipped the last two expansions. I may have to come back and knock this out. Plenty of content to catch up to.

At this point I'd say the animations are pretty good. In general the game has pretty good graphics.

Eh I bought it. I enjoyed Elsweyr a ton. New Trial, new antiquities system, new mounts, new alchemy, vamp/werewolf skills redone, etc. It's gonna be awesome.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Stonethorn Gameplay Trailer

Stonethorn arrives August 24th for PC/Mac and Stadia and September 1st for Xbox One and PlayStation 4...

Gates of Oblivion is this year's adventure, starting with the Blackwood expansion releasing in June. One of the changes I am excited for is the ability to choose which story to start with. I was kind of annoyed that you always had to start out in the intro for the latest expansion. Might be time to come back.

Gates of Oblivion is this year's adventure, starting with the Blackwood expansion releasing in June. One of the changes I am excited for is the ability to choose which story to start with. I was kind of annoyed that you always had to start out in the intro for the latest expansion. Might be time to come back.

I may have to re up my subscription to play this one.

As someone who mostly avoids MMO's (I hate the concept of raids and having to coordinate with others), what kind of game is TES Online exactly? I don't mind Fallout 76 for what it's worth. Is this the sort of game where going solo cripples your options or can you have a decent time by yourself or with 1 other person?

As someone who mostly avoids MMO's (I hate the concept of raids and having to coordinate with others), what kind of game is TES Online exactly? I don't mind Fallout 76 for what it's worth. Is this the sort of game where going solo cripples your options or can you have a decent time by yourself or with 1 other person?
Its an MMO. I don't like having to play with others either. You can play ESO entirely solo which is refreshing. Their are dungeons you can que for. In my experience people don't talk too much in them. Its a lot like playing with other NPC's. There are also ways to level up your character without even going into a dungeon. People make 40 man raids and close gates that Molag Bhal opens , they do them over and over to level up their characters. You get pretty good loot from it too. Its a way to level up without having to rely on doing quests if that isnt your thing or dungeons with other people.

Although, the quests and the dungeons are pretty well written and fun.

Its pretty fun, and there is ALOT to do in the game. If you enjoy Elderscrolls games, you will probably get into it.

I might give this a go in the Spring. As long as I can hop in and not have to have a long strategic planning session (that all players must have builds geared around), I'm okay with that. I played quite a bit of Neverwinter and Fallout 76 and appreciated that you can just hop in, have fun, and then bail whenever you want. I played both entirely solo or with my wife for a few minutes at a time. I play in spurts and I always want to be able to play or leave whenever I see fit. I don't really want to have to grind RNG gear that I have to share, either. After witnessing a friend participate in the hell that is Everquest and WOW raids, I never want to do anything like that ever ever ever.

I might give this a go in the Spring. As long as I can hop in and not have to have a long strategic planning session (that all players must have builds geared around), I'm okay with that. I played quite a bit of Neverwinter and Fallout 76 and appreciated that you can just hop in, have fun, and then bail whenever you want. I played both entirely solo or with my wife for a few minutes at a time. I play in spurts and I always want to be able to play or leave whenever I see fit. I don't really want to have to grind RNG gear that I have to share, either. After witnessing a friend participate in the hell that is Everquest and WOW raids, I never want to do anything like that ever ever ever.
No, its nothing like WOW. Which is why I like it so much. You can hop on, do your thing, join a thing and hop back off. Its very accessible. You don't have to feel like you're committed to something.

Also, when it comes to loot. Everyone gets their own reward, you don't roll on loot. You can however trade with other players if you see that they got something that you can use and vice versa, that's encouraged. People can also set up personal auction houses in the cities.

Last edited:
It's really easy to jump into, but it offers a lot of depth to the gameplay if you want to explore. It's pretty much almost exactly like the single player games, just full of "sentient NPCs" like Krenum describes. It is quite a lot of fun.

Basically, ESO is the Counter Strike of MMO's. You can jump on, play with others, have fun and jump back off without feeling like you're missing something or committed to getting the best loot. Like Armenius said, its like playing the single player games, just with other people running around.

Its got a pretty decent story to boot that will keep you interested.

Sounds like Neverwinter, which I really enjoyed. I'll have to give it a shot.
It really is kinda like they took an Elder Scrolls game and made it multiplayer. Now you can't build a super OP character like you can in SP, of course, that wouldn't work in MP but the basic mechanics of "just go do what you want" and "there is a big world full of shit to explore" apply. Plus since the world is evenly leveled, you can just go wherever, whenever except for multiplayer dungeons/raids (those have level requirements). It is good and I played it a lot. The thing that eventually led to me getting tired of it was mostly the real aggressive monetization. They are jerks with the "you have to gamble to get the coolest stuff" and they just generally charge a ton of real money for in game stuff. Also the daily grind of various things can get tedious. Oh and the long load times. They just cannot optimize their loading so it loads slow, even on an ultra high end rig.

But at its core it is an Elder Scrolls game, with lots of other players in it who you can engage with or ignore as you see fit.

One thing I will say though. You CAN play it for free. But I would advise paying the monthly $14.99 subscription price to get the extra bag space, if you're into crafting. Which it is pretty fun.

Long time WoW player since launch, really not happy with the direction Blizzard is half-assing the game last couple of expansions, and Shadowlands just sucks, it feels like a filler expansion, very generic and lame, unless your a [H]ardcore Raider or big M+ key player, otherwise WoW is dead.

So I am looking for something fresh and different, would this be what I'm looking for? Whatever that is LOL

Long time WoW player since launch, really not happy with the direction Blizzard is half-assing the game last couple of expansions, and Shadowlands just sucks, it feels like a filler expansion, very generic and lame, unless your a [H]ardcore Raider or big M+ key player, otherwise WoW is dead.

So I am looking for something fresh and different, would this be what I'm looking for? Whatever that is LOL
It's a very different game. It plays almost exactly like an Elder Scrolls game, just with a lot of other active players around. It's easy to jump in and start playing.

Back