The Elder Scrolls Online

What a shallow comment.

Here's one for you, what does GOD need with all that money?

A boat.

Now back on topic, I'm playing on AD as a night blade. Going heavy into crafting. Just so everyone knows, find a buddy to trade crafted items with. You get more xp from deconstructing others crafted items than your own.

If anyone wants someone to run dungeons with, I'm lvl 17 feel free to add me @langly

my card hasn't been charged or held as of yet so i'm not complaining about that.

My biggest complaint is.. Hasn't this game heard of instances? WTF?? You go into a dungeon that is supposedly containing some rare treasure, and there are 50 other people there killing the monsters right alongside of you and all going for the same piece of rare treasure. what is the point in grouping if everyone in the game is basically "grouped" with you? Out in the wilderness? Sure, there can be lots of other people but as soon as I enter a place that supposedly hasn't been visited in centuries it should become a private instance for yourself/your group.

That's got nothing to do with being poor. That's a shitty way to do business. That could leave a lot of people with $60 paperweights until they transfer money into their internet purchasing account. I could see some college students having issues with their money suddenly missing from their account. My bank won't take the money out of my account for a hold. At the same time I don't have access to those funds until the hold clears.

Like I said it's a shitty way to do business.

What a shallow comment.

Here's one for you, what does GOD need with all that money?

Shut up, please. I was joking. Nothing more annoying than a grown man whining about nonsense.

And I don't believe in GOD.

Is there still a code or a way of buying this thing with a discount?

Also, if you get the PS4 edition can you play it on your PC and vice versa? If you want to play the game on pc and PS4, you have to buy it twice?

Last edited:
Is there still a code or a way of buying this thing with a discount?

Also, if you get the PS4 edition can you play it on your PC and vice versa? If you want to play the game on pc and PS4, you have to buy it twice?

yup different servers etc etc

my card hasn't been charged or held as of yet so i'm not complaining about that.

My biggest complaint is.. Hasn't this game heard of instances? WTF?? You go into a dungeon that is supposedly containing some rare treasure, and there are 50 other people there killing the monsters right alongside of you and all going for the same piece of rare treasure. what is the point in grouping if everyone in the game is basically "grouped" with you? Out in the wilderness? Sure, there can be lots of other people but as soon as I enter a place that supposedly hasn't been visited in centuries it should become a private instance for yourself/your group.

One of the most annoying aspects of the beta that completely turned me off to the game. If 50 random adventurers are looting the Holy Grail in an instance with you; the quest, instance, and game lose their sense of immersion.

One of the most annoying aspects of the beta that completely turned me off to the game. If 50 random adventurers are looting the Holy Grail in an instance with you; the quest, instance, and game lose their sense of immersion.

I think Zenimax did a good thing by at least trying to implement public dungeons, but they are WAY too small to function as a "public" space. I was hoping you could find public dungeons that were as large as the starter islands, but that's not the case.

Yeah this is one of the things that took me out of the game too. It really does break the mood of the game.

Does everyone get their own instance of the loot - like Diablo 3 -- or is it only one set that everyone's fighting over and ninja-looting? If the latter, wow.

Last edited:
Yeah that's one of my main gripes with the game so far.

Chest (which are the MAIN loot drops in group-based dungeons) are one-use only for the first person to get to them.

There's also no "Rolling" for any gear or anything.

It feels like you're "fighting" against your own party to get loot sometimes because people will just run tot he chests and it's first come first serve.

I have had some decent ones that share and only take a chest after others have gotten one, and then post what they get in chat (if they can't use it/don't want it) to see if someone else can use it.

It just feels like a huge step back in terms of loot mechanics and group play to do it.

Either make chest separate for each person (so everyone gets their own chests in dungeons and no one fights over it) or have rolls for gear, etc so no one feels cheated.

Well, if you feel that you've been cheated by someone who's quicker to the treasure can't you just kill them?

Does everyone get their own instance of the loot - like Diablo 3 -- or is it only one set that everyone's fighting over and ninja-looting? If the latter, wow.

Yes everyone gets their own instance of the loot nor do you have to be in a group or raid to claim the loot. As long as you took part in the fight you're good.

However, what people are talking about aren't your classical dungeons but a side area that is open. It would be similar to doing a quest in the world area. The trash loot is first come first serve similar to ore nodes in WoW. First one to them wins basically. Boss fights loot is there for everyone and you generally get a title or what not for taking part in that fight.

Keep in mind these areas are generally optional. For instance the quests that take you to these areas will generally culminate in a boss fight. The boss has to be done solo so that "immersion" is still there since you have to test your skill. These fights are literally mini raid encounters solo. You will mostly likely fail if you just try and brute force these events. You have to keep your eyes and ears open for environmental effects, figure out the bosses attacks, watch for friendly npc support, and manage your health, mana, and stamina.

Oh and everyone whines that you can't bring groups in these areas. Guess you just can't please everyone

Yes everyone gets their own instance of the loot nor do you have to be in a group or raid to claim the loot. As long as you took part in the fight you're good.

However, what people are talking about aren't your classical dungeons but a side area that is open. It would be similar to doing a quest in the world area. The trash loot is first come first serve similar to ore nodes in WoW. First one to them wins basically. Boss fights loot is there for everyone and you generally get a title or what not for taking part in that fight.

Keep in mind these areas are generally optional. For instance the quests that take you to these areas will generally culminate in a boss fight. The boss has to be done solo so that "immersion" is still there since you have to test your skill. These fights are literally mini raid encounters solo. You will mostly likely fail if you just try and brute force these events. You have to keep your eyes and ears open for environmental effects, figure out the bosses attacks, watch for friendly npc support, and manage your health, mana, and stamina.

Oh and everyone whines that you can't bring groups in these areas. Guess you just can't please everyone

I guess I was just spoiled with the last MMO's I played that catered to the solo player (Star Wars and GW2). Nearly everything was instanced. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

I guess I was just spoiled with the last MMO's I played that catered to the solo player (Star Wars and GW2). Nearly everything was instanced. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

It is hit or miss. Best way to think of these encounters in ESO would be to compare them to the open world events in GW2. Think of mass zergs rolling through the encounters to get to the final event. That is exactly how these side areas in ESO are. So in one aspect its helpful to have a zerg clear the trash but in the same vein it is also distracting that you have so many people packed into a small area. Like most things in ESO it looks like they looked at both ends of the spectrum and chose a point closer to the middle than commit to anything.

When you initially purchase the game you get the game + 30 days gametime. You should not be required to put in any payment details because you have already paid for everything.

Why should Zenimax care at that point if you have valid payment to purchase additional gametime or not? They shouldn't.

MISTAKE #1 is people using debit cards. Noone should be using a debit card other than to access an ATM. If you're making purchases at a store B&M or online you should be using a credit card.

I currently have a $14.99 pending charge on my credit card. Usually a pre-auth is only for $1. It doesn't bother me but I can see why others would not be happy, especially if using a debit card (but that's your own fault), but we already bought the game + 30 days so it shouldn't be any concern of Zenimax if we have the means to continue playing or not until our subscription lapses.

It is standard operating procedure for any service to do what they have done. Apparently it is up to the financial institutions as to how much a charge is. My old bank used to put a hold for $75.00 if any charge was made at a gas station. Can't tell you how frustrating that was back in college. I switched banks over that because it wasn't uncommon for me to be below $75.00 back in college.

It is standard operating procedure for any service to do what they have done. Apparently it is up to the financial institutions as to how much a charge is. My old bank used to put a hold for $75.00 if any charge was made at a gas station. Can't tell you how frustrating that was back in college. I switched banks over that because it wasn't uncommon for me to be below $75.00 back in college.

On the whole, how are you liking this game buddy? Worth it (for now)?

You are correct that they sholdn't be pending a 14.99 charge (they didn't for me and many other people, it seems some random people got hit with it).

However requiring you to enter in payment info is something that virtually ALL mmo's have done since the dawn of mmo's, Everquest/UO required it back in the late 90's, WoW required it, and about any other mmo I can think of.

You always had to "setup" a subscription plan when you started playing, even if you had 0 intentions of subscribing.

On the whole, how are you liking this game buddy? Worth it (for now)?

Ya I am. I'm taking it pretty casual and just playing as a full on explorer and doing pvp. The nerf to pvp experience sucks ass because that used to be a viable way to level if you wanted but now it is just meh.

The world and atmosphere are pretty damn close to the best I've seen and the story isn't half bad. Feels a lot like lotro if you just take your time. A lot of questing is off the beaten path. The main story line is pretty linear but if you take the time to wander Zenimax filled in a lot of the world and there are a lot of quests and hidden group mobs waiting to be found.

If your bored and have the funds pick it up. The game isn't amazing or earth shattering great but it is a solid mmo imo.

Oh yea, got this last night:

okcCahK.jpg

Was quite hard with all the trolls in The Rift (which is a level 40'ish zone), and I was only lv 21. Werewolves spawn in a pack of two and a ton of people were trying to find them, but large zerg groups would come and kill them quickly to ruin it for anyone who wanted to get lycanthropy.

Luckily the guild I am in had people spread around (It's after all a werewolf themed guild) and we got most of our guild infected from the last spawn at 4am EST this morning.

The werewolves spawn during a full moon and there was only two times yesterday that it happened and it won't happen again for another week or so.

Oh yea, got this last night:

okcCahK.jpg

Was quite hard with all the trolls in The Rift (which is a level 40'ish zone), and I was only lv 21. Werewolves spawn in a pack of two and a ton of people were trying to find them, but large zerg groups would come and kill them quickly to ruin it for anyone who wanted to get lycanthropy.

Luckily the guild I am in had people spread around (It's after all a werewolf themed guild) and we got most of our guild infected from the last spawn at 4am EST this morning.

The werewolves spawn during a full moon and there was only two times yesterday that it happened and it won't happen again for another week or so.

I need to get in your guild...

Awesome. I saw a werewolf theme guild recruiting and was tempted to join. Not sure how serious I'd want to be a werewolf though. How you liking it?

I did not really get to try it lol, did it at 4am and crashed right after I finished the Hircine quest.

Was going to play some today and.....servers down for maintenance.

I am really enjoing this game, only level 31 so far but I am really taking my time and enjoying the quests/zones the atmposhere is just awesome especially if you are a fan of the Edler Scrolls series. FYI if you have Nvidia cards they released beta drivers I believe yesterday that improve the game by quite a bit I noticed right away after updating my drivers how much smoother the game runs now (SLI) for me.

I was referring to Krenum, but I thought I would throw you in for shits and giggles.

Please, lets not start this in a gaming thread.

Ha ha ha ok. :) That's cool.

On a side note. My nephew bought the game last night. And guess who he called to make sure he has a leveling partner...

Just got to 15 today, almost 16 now and I've put 24 hours into it. Takes a long time to level, which I kinda like.

I'm under the impression that right now, Lycanthropy seems to have more benefits and fewer detriments compared to Vampirism. I hope they update that a bit for balance, and add more content (quests, factions, abilities etc...) especially for Vampirism.

That said, does anyone have advice on choosing a class? I'm planning to make High Elf, Imperial, and perhaps Dark Elf characters so far. I just had a really difficult time deciding on a class, especially between Templar and Dragonknight for my "Tanks, but also wants to have a spec/build for DPS" type character. Then I hear that some things like say... a Sorcerer plate,sword+board tank is a good idea if you do it right, or you can easily pick up 2H or dual wield and make that a DPS spec etc. Likewise, when it comes to wearing armor Medium seems to be out in the cold, unless you're using a "nightblade style, sneaky DPS" build from what I can tell.

Any ideas on classes? I barely started a Dragonknight High Elf and I'm not sure If I made the right choice.

Do not feel like you have to pick a certain race to succeed or even have fun. Pick the race which you want to play or you think looks cool. High elf make excellent caster based DK builds but also work well for just being a sword and board tank. Look for synergy between your skills. Right now my DK is a 2 hand / Archer and I balance out my attacks between magicka and stamina and I have zero problem with many mobs that are 6 levels above me.

You can have a 2 hand great sword sorcerer or a restoration staff DK. The opportunities are limitless and if you love role playing this game is the one for you especially if you love the elder scrolls universe.

I have zero regrets about picking it up.

If any of you guys need a guild or people to play with, hit me up in game or shoot me a PM, @master_pain666

Going large with the guild, 150+ so far for trading. PvP will be Daggerfall.

I played a lot of the beta's (5 or 6) and was disappointed. I want to pull the trigger on this hoping the full game is considerably better, as well as my twin boys (really!) want me too. Unfortunately I need to sell some equipment and even when I do I am still skeptical.

What's the general verdict? Because metacritics user rating is just 7.0/70% which is a C or mediocre/bad IMO.

Back