The E3 thread

Crosses fingers for Fallout 4 with confirmed Commonwealth storyline.

I can dream can't I?! :D

Crosses fingers for Fallout 4 with confirmed Commonwealth storyline.

I can dream can't I?! :D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but back on May 18, Pete Hines tweeted "BGS will not be talking about its next game for a long time" when asked about Fallout 4 at E3. http://games.on.net/2014/05/fallout-4-announcement-at-e3-not-happening-says-bethesda/

I'm with you on Fallout 4 though - there is no other rumored or announced game I care even 1/10th about, not Half Life 3, not Witcher 3, not Project Beast, not anything. That Fallout feel of desolation and desperation, scavenging an openworld wasteland for guns & gear and with limited resources, but in an updated graphics engine = gaming heaven, draw the blinds, put the phone on silent, tell your g/f you won't be designated driving her "chick's night", tell your boss to pound ham and luxuriate in a den of sewage and nacho cheese as you wonder what's on the other side of that next hill.

Last edited:
I don't get what is taking them so long. I mean Skyrim was back in 2011, it's almost 2 1/2 years later and they haven't said anything about it.

Looking forward to a Dishonored 2 reveal this year. Apart from that...I dunno.

I don't get what is taking them so long. I mean Skyrim was back in 2011, it's almost 2 1/2 years later and they haven't said anything about it.
If they're transitioning over to id's technology (which is a distinct possibility), they have a pretty large amount of work to do on the tooling side to get things caught up. Then it's a matter of building an entire world with virtual textures, which, even at Rage-scale, takes...a long time.

Freaking work blocks Twitch. Here's hoping the Gamespot stream works.

As for expectations. I predict games.

LOL Call of Duty trying to copy titanfall? Seriously? Talk about a studio that cna't make their own ideas, but to blatantly go after the same type of game that the people who used to run the studio made? That is so cheap.

Well the new AC game might b efun, it is going for a mulitplayer focus with co op up to 3 other people playing with you.

Well...not GTA IV, IMO...that was a shitty port. I didn't think any of the ones prior to that were all that bad, though.

San Andreas was a really good port.
GTA4 would have been considered a good port if they cared about performance. It still chugs even today. It's one of the few games I turn "smoothmotion" on for. That's the closest thing to a fix, IMO.

Watching the IGN stream....Evolve looks badass. I didn't know at first that they were going to have many monsters/classes...it seemed like it was a one monster, 4 hunters kinda thing. Should add a lot of variation with this.

I'm so pumped for the Ubi conference, love me some Ubi games.
Hoping to see some Far Cry 4 footage.

Sad to see how PC is being downplayed so hard during this. I wish somebody like Valve/Steam could put together a PC presentation.

Watched the xbox one e3 show on TV, 15 fps EVERYWHERE. call of duty, witcher 3, sunset overdrive, EVEN the 10 year old halo 2. each and every friggin title dropped to 10-15fps at some point. holy shit.

Watching the IGN stream....Evolve looks badass. I didn't know at first that they were going to have many monsters/classes...it seemed like it was a one monster, 4 hunters kinda thing. Should add a lot of variation with this.

Evolve does look pretty cool. But seems like they more or less just distilled the "tank battle" from Left 4 Dead into its own game.

Battlefield hardline beta? I do n 't see the sign up on battlefield.com , is it console only?

Battlefield hardline beta? I do n 't see the sign up on battlefield.com , is it console only?

battlefield.com/beta

Not sure if I signed up for the PS4 beta. I completed the sign up, however I had errors on both pages.

The graphics in BF HL looked really really really poor.. The weapons texturing made me cringe.. Everything just matte finish looking with just underwelming texturing. The game itself looked blocky. The car modelling was completely last gen looking..

battlefield.com/beta

Not sure if I signed up for the PS4 beta. I completed the sign up, however I had errors on both pages.

I just signed up for the PC beta but also had login errors before.

bf_hardline_beta_purchase_zpse52a31b5.jpg

Last edited:
I can't seem to sign up, I put in my info and then get to the page that shows Origin ID/EMaili and both just show "..." and I can check two agreements and then continue and it simply reloads the page.

I can't seem to sign up, I put in my info and then get to the page that shows Origin ID/EMaili and both just show "..." and I can check two agreements and then continue and it simply reloads the page.

Wait for the browser to stop loading. It takes a minute then your origin login and email will show up. Look for the spinning "loading" in the tab.. If it's still spinning it's not done loading the page..

Well I got into the beta no problem but it is taking forever to show up in the My Games tab on origin..

I didn't even wait at the "..." page, just clicked through and it worked (got email confirmation)

Have not been able to join any server, and judging by the player counts neither have too many else.

Wait for the browser to stop loading. It takes a minute then your origin login and email will show up. Look for the spinning "loading" in the tab.. If it's still spinning it's not done loading the page..

It never fills in the ... for me.

Has anyone on PC been able to see the game in Origin yet? After getting approved and the email confirmation?

nope, more failure by EA. it never ends with their broken promises

Yep. Origin is broke. I just got the free Plants Vs Zombies offer and it isn't appearing in my games tab either.. Appears EA broke itself.. Because you know.. E3 isn't big and wouldn't get slammed after announcing free beta... Idiots

Back