The Division - officially announced for PC!

I logged in to play with a buddy for the first time in a long time last weekend. He was grinding Lexington with a couple guys trying to get Barrets chest piece. One guy said he run Lexington 200+ times and never got the piece to drop. So I do a couple runthroughs. We kill her the second time and boom, I get the chest piece, lol. Those guys were flipping out.

Took me around 10 attempts and got a nice role as well

I've been running Lexington quite a bit lately for Barrett's armor with no luck. I got a Showstopper from my first Lexington run after a 2.5 month hiatus from the game. I'm hoping I didn't 'use up' my good RNG karma :D

Just make sure you guys are maxing out your increased kill XP and using accomplished knees to increase your odds of getting any named gear in the field prof caches.

I finally got the shortbow championship kneepads from Madison albeit with crappy rolls. That could be fun with final measure.

increase your odds of getting any named gear in the field prof caches.

afaik, none of the named gear is attainable from a cache.
still good to run with that though, just to get more caches in general.

I happened to get some Skull MC gloves last night from one of the LZ bosses.

Gloves, backpack and knees have all dropped from caches for me as well as the Thompson from an ug cache.

eh, that actually is not quite so easy to set up. The issue is that you have to kill fast, and to do that you need a continuous tactical link.
To get that you need a sniper weapon with skilled and commanding. As it happens they sell one in DZ3 safehouse, but electronics are 4800 or so, I think which will not allow enough damage output.
So... time to craft a low GS sniper. You have a blue print right? I don't :(
And none are for sale. So now it is about killing LZ bosses in WT2 for 163 items, hoping for a sniper that includes one of this skills.

Thanks Marco

LOL

Man how do these guys come up with all this? I may try that out. I think I have a good M700 but need a second lower GS sniper. Forgot about those purple XP mods.

Hey you! Solo PvE players!! You may want to watch this:

Holy crap, I actually tried this out tonight. WARNING: This is not easy to do. Even someone like me who plays everyday took a while to get going. Even then it's not smooth every time.

I had to craft a 182 Custom M44 to get Skilled, Commanding and Competent. Unless you have 2 256 sniper with both Skilled and Commanding in the free slot, you are most likely going to have to find a lower GS sniper to unlock those talents. Doesn't matter which sniper it is, you're not using it, you just need the low unlock requirements.

So even that took awhile as I had to craft around 20 of them to get 2 of the 3 talents I wanted. And my main is a M700 Carbon with 172% HS damage with Brutal, Disciplined and Elevated. So that worked out great.

Ok gear is 4 Alpha with Accomplished Knee pads, and I used Vigorous chest because Reckless was just killing me early on. Until I'm more comfortable I would not use Reckless. I guess you could use Robust as well.

I'll talk about the skills in a bit. I changed some on the fly. Getting through the first part of the mission was ok. It was that second part where you're up high fighting everyone out in the open which proved to be very difficult. Somehow I managed to get thru it the first time, but after that I struggled at that part. I suggest going with your strongest build to get through that part and then switching over right before the tunnel fight.

Ok so I made it to the tunnel. If you have the M700 I highly suggest you place your mobile cover first on top of the truck like Marco showed. Then go down and kill those 2 dudes at the end. The reason I say that is it takes you a while to figure out how to setup the cover on top of the truck. You have very little time to setup when the timer starts. If you can't do that just die and restart it, and try to place it sideways like Marco shows. Try to place it where you have line of sight to where the enemies appear.

The mobs will appear very fast and they will rush you, so you need to setup as fast as you can. Provided you've done all that and you're on your cover, then I would pop Booster Shot, and then Tac Link. Just aim for the heads and shoot as fast you can. Took me a minute to get used to firing rapidly with the bolt action. Disciplined works great here. Pretty much every hit is a critical hit. Kinda like a poor man's Deadeye (which is awesome by the way, I'll talk about that another time).

So hopefully after that first wave, you'll have your Tac Link back up again and just rinse and repeat. I think there's 3 waves of enemies? Just leave one at the end and let him kill you, and you can keep doing this.

Now let me offer an alternative skill to use because I was getting hammered early on, because I didn't know how to set up properly and quick enough. Try Seeker Mine instead of Booster Shot. I needed more time to set up. I was throwing nades too. But the Seeker Mine makes them retreat and climb over that little wall, give you extra time to either setup on the ground, or ideally up on the truck.

This was a fun challenge. I think I had 7 prof caches after all was said and done. But if you really want to farm solo, just do Madison Field mission over and over.

wow, got something kind of working... this is no cakewalk farm. I found challenge mode to be about impossible, the guns were wrong, enemies took 2 to 3 hits to be downed. There is a golfer rush on challenge mode that I had problems getting past. Hard mode is a lot easier, but did not see any drops there, so that is not going to work. Just another thing that requires a lot of optimization. This is not really a farming hack in that sense. You have to work for it.

But if you really want to farm solo, just do Madison Field mission over and over.

what's the story with this? back during the beta i used to farm Madison because it was all we had. is it profitable to farm these days?

what's the story with this? back during the beta i used to farm Madison because it was all we had. is it profitable to farm these days?
Oh man I cannot imagine doing that mission over and over again. As inefficient as it might be, I'd take the LZ named boss tour over doing a challenge mission on repeat.

I just meant its super fast and easy to do. There's enough trash mobs that drop loot, plus the boss, and mission reward. Plus with enough kill XP get those prof caches almost every run. And if you want the shortbow kneepads, another incentive to do it.

I actually got those in a cache. For the mission, tried it, it only goes to hard. I only saw 2 or 3 HE drops with lots of time between the enemies. The marco thingy, I can't really do it yet, but the enemies are pretty continuous.

I just meant its super fast and easy to do. There's enough trash mobs that drop loot, plus the boss, and mission reward. Plus with enough kill XP get those prof caches almost every run. And if you want the shortbow kneepads, another incentive to do it.

yeah i'll run it a few times for the shortbow kneepads. i've really been enjoying my all HE build, easily my new favorite build.

Yes on the HE build! I'm kinda digging it. What are you running with it Porter? I was just in the DZ with it and gotta say it was pretty fun even against other players.

I had Vigorous, Specialized, Tenacious, MC gloves, Shortbows kneepads, and Nimble. You guys should really try Nimble. Use Tactical Advance, Evasive Action, and by just performing one move you get 3 'bonuses', You get healed with Nimble, increased damage, and damage resistance. It's still a work in progress with me especially for PvP fights.

It's awesome with those Skulls gloves, mine has MMR damage, so I'm using my M700 Carbon that I talked about above. Not sure what secondary to pair it with yet. I just had a Classic AK47 and it was ok I think. Always tried to use the M700 and just headshot dudes. I need a good PvP all HE build.

We need a name for the all HE build. It has to be Seinfeld related. That's gold, Jerry! Gold! Anything gold I always think of that line.

Yes on the HE build! I'm kinda digging it. What are you running with it Porter? I was just in the DZ with it and gotta say it was pretty fun even against other players.

I had Vigorous, Specialized, Tenacious, MC gloves, Shortbows kneepads, and Nimble. You guys should really try Nimble. Use Tactical Advance, Evasive Action, and by just performing one move you get 3 'bonuses', You get healed with Nimble, increased damage, and damage resistance. It's still a work in progress with me especially for PvP fights.

It's awesome with those Skulls gloves, mine has MMR damage, so I'm using my M700 Carbon that I talked about above. Not sure what secondary to pair it with yet. I just had a Classic AK47 and it was ok I think. Always tried to use the M700 and just headshot dudes. I need a good PvP all HE build.

We need a name for the all HE build. It has to be Seinfeld related. That's gold, Jerry! Gold! Anything gold I always think of that line.

TheDivision_2016_12_13_23_58_41_896.png

This is my build right now and it works great:
body armor: Rapid (I got Barret's tonight from a field proficiency cache but it's a poor roll; electronics with no armor)
mask: Tenacious
knee pads: Prosperous (on the hunt for Shortbows)
backpack: Specialized
gloves: MC Skulls
holster: Nimble

i really like the combo of MC gloves and Famas with this build for a 31% damage increase. i'm using Tactical Advance and it works great in PvE. I haven't tried it in PvP yet, i just don't think hopping from cover to cover will work well in PvP.

Oh wait wasn't that guy's name Bania?

Henceforth it shall be known as "THE BANIA BUILD"

Feel free to spread that around, lol.

You guys are hilarious. Since it's a shade of orange, you could always call it "The Trump". :p

--

We do a lot of discussion around max level tinkering, but I came across a video today that is aimed more towards the new / returning players that are just hitting level 30 for the first time. It sounds like he is going to make a series out of it, so if you're just getting your End Game feet underneath you, maybe this will help you out;

One thing I will add to the video is, once you hit level 30, you will enter into World Tier 1, and begin working your way towards World Tier 5 (possibly 6 after the 1.6 patch). These levels unlock are your gear, and consequently "Gear Score", improves.

Though all the campaign missions are done, you can continue to replay them at varying difficulties for better gear. You can also continue doing side missions, roam the open world for a number of PvE Bosses or take HVT missions from new Vendors in your Base of Operations. There is an Underground, Survival mode and DZ (PvP area) also. These all have their own ranking system, but also drop loot which can improve your Gear Score.

In the coming days I'm going put another post together aimed at being a one stop shop for the latest info on best gear, builds, weapons, etc. If you have specific info you'd like answers too, let me know so I know to include it.

Until then, happy gaming. My Internet has finally been fixed after a week long outrage, so I will be on more, albeit late night for most of you.

Last edited:
I tend to suspect 1.6 will not introduce a new world tier, rather it will be 1.7, the last stand release. That being said, people are pretty upset at the idea of having to re-farm everything if a world tier changes. The game has always been grindy. That mostly has changed in a positive way, except for the new HE pieces. Then there are issues with armor mitigation and such. The gear becomes better but so do the enemies and meanwhile armor mitigation drops. So.... that will probably require a lot of balancing.

I tend to suspect 1.6 will not introduce a new world tier, rather it will be 1.7, the last stand release. That being said, people are pretty upset at the idea of having to re-farm everything if a world tier changes. The game has always been grindy. That mostly has changed in a positive way, except for the new HE pieces. Then there are issues with armor mitigation and such. The gear becomes better but so do the enemies and meanwhile armor mitigation drops. So.... that will probably require a lot of balancing.

Good point. I still had it in my head that 1.6 would accompany Last Stand, but you're right, that's been reorganized for the PvP rebalance.

I also agree grinding is not going to go away anytime soon. Hopefully they will continue to refine it so all aspects feel sufficiently rewarding, but with the rumors of Year 2 content, I wouldn't be surprised if this game hits World Tier 10 before "Division 2" announcements start rolling out (if that happens). In fact I think they will persist with this game until they can ensure there is a sequel.

I played for the first time in a few weeks last night. This sporadic schedule seems to be a pattern with me. Life has been a bit distracting lately, plus Dishonored 2 and No Mans Sky 1.1, and then a week long Internet outtage. I was way rusty at the beginning, but I still had some fun trying out a new DF NC (whatever it is) build. It's barely stitched together with no 2pc to compliment it yet, and a PP-19 with crappy talents and the wrong mods, BUT... I had 5300 Stamina and 4600 Firearms, with the Ballistic Shield set up to give me health as it takes damage (want to couple this with the backpack that heals your equipment when you are healed).

Playing solo in the DZ it was touch and go until I got used to it, but a random with another shield build joined me and with just the 2 of us we were nearly unstoppable. Still sucked at PvP, but in PvE we could hold down about everything.

I want to find a PP-19 with Brutal & Responsive, maybe Stable or Meticulous to go with them. I want to mod it for headshot damage, stability, reload speed, rate of fire and the biggest magazine I can get (currently at 106 rounds). I also need to find several more Ballistic Shield Resilience mods, and min / max my gear more. Then I may experiment with switching my Shield perk to extra damage instead of health. If I can get the time to kill down, without giving up much, if any, survivability, this build would be a blast!

It's a good thing too, because all my other builds are frustrating the grind out of me right now. Can't seem to get any where or accomplish much with any of them. They all feel half done, too squishy and take too long to take anything down. The FAMAS especially is driving me nuts. If I could find a decent LVOA-C, I would ditch this loose garden hose in a second. It takes so much to stabilize it to land anything resembling consistent head shots, that I don't know if it's worth it.

Last edited:
Since the patch that came out today included a DX12 option, I decided to give that a try. Didn't change any of my previous settings. Right away I noticed that the game was running rather choppy. Ran the in-game benchmark for both DX12 and DX11 and noted the results:

DX12 avg fps: 44
DX11 avg fps: 55

I kind of expected DX12 to perform worse, but not to that extreme. That said, I'll stick to using DX11 for now.

ah, that moment when you are trying to make a build and realize that you had sold a bunch of guns that could have been used for it, and you have to use jack crap guns. I was watching that video by marco, he is hitting crits from the bridge for 1.5 million. I manage about 600k. Damned annoying.

LOL, a moment ago, got a ton of these.

x7SzknG.png

Last edited:
Some FireCrest ideas for those interested:

I still want to do a squad of us all running FireCrest some night. This is on my MUST DO list. (y)

--

EDIT: Small patch today with some bug fixes and DX12 support added. From what I've read so far, the DX12 needs a LOT of optimizing.

• Fixed some instances with the Xbox controller not working on PC
  • Addressed some rare cases with the Fullscreen mode not working
  • Some improvements to the audio positioning have been made
  • Improvements to high CPU usage cases on PC
  • Players losing control of their characters for a brief moment
  • DirectX12 is now supported

Last edited:
fyi-star-gif-md.png

DIVISION INFO DUMP

The afore mentioned "one stop shop" for Division 1.5 important info. Using spoiler tags because this will be lengthy

JkSXGX.jpg

Max Stats you can roll on any Gear item. Which will go hand in hand with MacroStyle's "Best in Slot" video:

mIwMmQ.jpg

Best Open World Boss Location Map I've found so far

WL62LH.jpg

Dark Zone Boss & Crate Location Map, or if you'd prefer it in video form:

ZPJ0ZY.jpg

1.5 Named Gear Items. Where to find them and what they do:

Wobo's 1.5 Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
AR: LVOA-C
LMG: Pakhan / M60
SMG: MP7 for burst / PP19 for sustained
Shotgun: SASG for PvE / Super 90 for PvP
Marksman: SVD or SCAR-H for semi / M700 bolt action
Pistol: Rhino Special for max damage / First Wave X45 or 93r for ROF

Best overall weapon for:
PvP = LVOA-C
PvE = Pakhan

1.5 Signature Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
Don't waste your time

This list is from 1.4, so it misses the new D3 FNC gear set, but is still accurate for the most part. This is a general guide line, not a concrete assessment. Many of the sets Marco lists as a lower tier, have been discovered to have strong niche builds.

Survival Mode Guide

Underground Guide

I may add more if I find some useful stuff, but this should get you started

On a more day to day note, there's some decent Vendor items this week:

If you're trying to do MarcoStyle's Loot Farm, then there are some nice Purple "Increased XP" Performance Mods at the Madison Stand Safe House.

Last edited:
Speaking of Firecrest what's the ideal or best build for that? Haven't played it since early 1.4. I have never even seen an Urban MDR, so forget about that. That and a shield build are 2 I still haven't tried yet. Having too much fun with Alpha, Predators, Deadeye, and the Bania builds.

Working on getting a good alpha bridge setup, which mission has the highest drop rates for that set?

Working on getting a good alpha bridge setup, which mission has the highest drop rates for that set?

I've collected an entire set (all six pieces), even optimizing a few once over, just running the LZ bosses. I think that's your best bet. I use the same map Frraksurred posted above.

fyi-star-gif-md.png

DIVISION INFO DUMP

The afore mentioned "one stop shop" for Division 1.5 important info. Using spoiler tags because this will be lengthy

JkSXGX.jpg

Max Stats you can roll on any Gear item. Which will go hand in hand with MacroStyle's "Best in Slot" video:

mIwMmQ.jpg

Best Open World Boss Location Map I've found so far

WL62LH.jpg

Dark Zone Boss & Crate Location Map, or if you'd prefer it in video form:

ZPJ0ZY.jpg

1.5 Named Gear Items. Where to find them and what they do:

Wobo's 1.5 Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
AR: LVOA-C
LMG: Pakhan / M60
SMG: MP7 for burst / PP19 for sustained
Shotgun: SASG for PvE / Super 90 for PvP
Marksman: SVD or SCAR-H for semi / M700 bolt action
Pistol: Rhino Special for max damage / First Wave X45 or 93r for ROF

Best overall weapon for:
PvP = LVOA-C
PvE = Pakhan

1.5 Signature Weapon Guide

SYNOPSIS:
Don't waste your time

This list is from 1.4, so it misses the new D3 FNC gear set, but is still accurate for the most part. This is a general guide line, not a concrete assessment. Many of the sets Marco lists as a lower tier, have been discovered to have strong niche builds.

Survival Mode Guide

Underground Guide

I may add more if I find some useful stuff, but this should get you started

On a more day to day note, there's some decent Vendor items this week:

If you're trying to do MarcoStyle's Loot Farm, then there are some nice Purple "Increased XP" Performance Mods at the Madison Stand Safe House.

Heck yeah man, thanks for all the great info.

For ballistic shield you want the damage buff mods, I think the max is 4%? That gets you +16% damage. If your shield is going down then the fix is to use the overheal chest piece and the heal skill objects backpack.

5% Ballistic Shield Damage Resilience mods for sale at Madison's Stand. Buy them before tomorrow's reset.

I found them this morning. Think I squee'd a little. Bought about 6. My Shield build is mucho tanko now.

Not one specific place anymore, which is good and bad. The nice thing is you can do whatever you want and have an equal chance to get it. The bad of course is there is no place with increased drop rates to focus on it. I got all mine in the DZ over 2-3 nights. I could use some improvements here and there, but I was able to reroll for the basics.

For ballistic shield you want the damage buff mods, I think the max is 4%? That gets you +16% damage. If your shield is going down then the fix is to use the overheal chest piece and the heal skill objects backpack.

Agreed if you're making a DPS Shield build (still looking for one of those chest pieces), but if you want to tank go with the 5% Damage Resilience mods currently for sale at the Madison Stand Safe House.

Last edited:
So Steam is running the free weekend and I figured what the hell. Anyone have a decent Noob guide or video to watch? Just so I don't completely F*** up early stats or choices etc.

There is nothing you can do to mess up anything. Anything you get up until level 30 will be thrown away (sold/deconstructed). Most everything you get after level 30 will be thrown away.
You can change your skills/talents at any time. Weapons and gear however is another issue. It will probably take quite a while for you to reach level 30. If you want you can invite some people here to join your game. Your enemies will jump to level 30. They can kill them and drop the loot for you to sell. The money can then be used to buy blue gear which will make the game much easier.

if you get gear with increased kill XP, you probably want to keep that (chest/kneepads)
with the recabration station unlocked you can roll this into gear
Triple accolades is probably good too (kneepads)

secondly, there are some wing upgrades that you want to do first, the security wing and barracks both give XP bumps, so you should prioritize unlocking those.

The bulk of XP to level 30 normally comes from doing missions. People here can help run those, The side missions are required for the wing unlocks though and they are tedious.

Last edited:
So Steam is running the free weekend and I figured what the hell. Anyone have a decent Noob guide or video to watch? Just so I don't completely F*** up early stats or choices etc.

Also, if you end up deciding to purchase the game, Uplay (and likely others) are currently running a sale on it and the Season Pass.

Back