The Division - officially announced for PC!

Thanks for the replies.

Oh supply drops.... They happen twice monthly, the 1st and 15th. I think the current one is in the center of the right area of the map. It is yellow, brighter than the other marks. And.... maybe you won't get it until level 30. The enemies there are probably going to be tough for you.

Is it worth trying to find people to help me before the next one on the 1st, or will I not even be able to get it?

SkillUp has gotten the guys together again for another Round Table for Patch 1.5. As usual they address most the issues that need addressed, and victories that Massive need to keep and expand on.

It is LONG, but if you're interested, let me know what you think:

SkillUp has gotten the guys together again for another Round Table for Patch 1.5. As usual they address most the issues that need addressed, and victories that Massive need to keep and expand on.

It is LONG, but if you're interested, let me know what you think:

Oof 80 minutes? Much longer than my commute...

Thanks for the replies.
Is it worth trying to find people to help me before the next one on the 1st, or will I not even be able to get it?

I really wouldn't worry about it tbh, they're nothing special. You get the same loot after getting to 30 anyway.

Frraksurred i listened to it while gaming. they did not really say anything noteworthy IMO.

jmaker the ambulance thingy, the problem is that I don't have the DPS for that. I am having a hard time getting a primary sniper with good damage skills. the heavy gunners take 3-4 hits. it does not work well :)

Has anyone else's game just frozen in time while playing? It's happened twice now in the past few days. I have to do a hard reset on the PC.

What's funny about that is I was playing with Frrak last night and just as he was securing a supply drop the freeze happened. When I came back on, in my stash was a Tommy Gun! Yay, finally!

One last named thing I do not have is the Bliss holster. Who wants to grind General Assembly with me?

Oh yeah, one final thing. DeadEye rocks. I have no idea why everyone dismisses it. My setup last night was so much fun. 4 DeadEye with Barrett's chest and Nimble holster. I was using the Recon Pulse. I was talking to Frrak about this. With Recon Pulse, I'm only sacrificing 4.7% crit damage, but gaining 20m distance and a much shorter cooldown, I believe 15s faster cooldown than Tactical Scanner.

I had Booster Shot as my second skill, but I don't think I barely used it. If I need to heal, just move from cover to cover with Nimble. I had Classic M44, and a Socom MK20 SSR. The M44 has Toxic, Harmful, and Intense. And the MK20, which I was using the most, has Destructive, Deadly, Competent. It was super fun.

jmaker I would love to join you guys! I finally grinded my way back up to where I can do just about anything now.

Yeah what was your uplay name again? Iforget its been so long. Kwaz tries to join up with me sometimes but its tough because he's west coast time, and I'm often in a group in the Dark Zone.

I'm usually on most nights, so send me a message and we can grind for my Bliss hols.....errr we can do whatever. :)

It's just so fun running around the DZ with a full group.

Frraksurred i listened to it while gaming. they did not really say anything noteworthy IMO.

So the TL/DR for those who don't want to invest an hour and a half, lol, is this:

• Survival is a great new addition, but it still needs tweaks. It is fun for the first several runs, but then it becomes too predictable and easy. Suggested a "Hardcore" mode, and randomized loot locations (because currently you can memorize everything as it never changes).
  • Armor in its current form is breaking too many other mechanics within the game, and doesn't promote build diversity. Suggested eliminating mitigation mechanic and replacing it with an "Armor Bar" above you health bar to be more in line with other RPG & 3rd person shooter games
  • The meta forming around Barrets Chest piece will largely be fixed by fixing Armor, and not by "nerfing" it.
  • The meta forming around AlphaBridge with the FAMAS would largely be fixed if AB ignored unique weapon talents.
  • We still need proper PvE RAIDS to make end game worth grinding for!!
  • The new Hunter enemy introduced with Survival needs to added into the regular game, but as unique instances such as Supply Drops
  • Players still want a dedicated PvP arena where PvP'ers can go to get what they want without griefing PvE players (not necessarily changing the existing DZ, but likely thin out the number of Rogues there as a side effect.

Thanks for the recap. I don't have 90 minutes to watch that, because I need those 90 minutes to do some inventory management. Why didn't they mention that? Massive needs to implement some better inventory management and include 'loadouts', so I can quickly switch to another build.

As far as PvP, I think they should go back to the original Rogue penalties. I forget exactly what they were, but going rogue should have greater penalties if you die. Very high risk if you want to shoot some other player in the back. You're going to be hunted and if you die the penalty should be more severe than what it currently is.

So which is better armor or toughness (health)? I've been choosing toughness over armor with new gear.

you always want to roll armor on gear which can support it - unless you are doing a specialty build of some sort.
One slot gives an option for pistol damage (holster), another piece allows damage to elites (chest, 5% so weak) instead.
Mask and gloves cannot roll armor
Backpack and holster cannot roll damage for elites
chest and backpack for extra ammo
chest and kneepads for bonus XP (caches)
chest mask kneepads for enemy armor damage
mask for skill power if you prefer that to dmg elites

Thanks for the recap. I don't have 90 minutes to watch that, because I need those 90 minutes to do some inventory management. Why didn't they mention that? Massive needs to implement some better inventory management and include 'loadouts', so I can quickly switch to another build.

I believe this was mentioned in the 1.4 round table, but applies even more now. With 150 slots in our Stash, it would be nice to have Tabs to reduce the scrolling. And I agree, Loadouts that can be bound to hotkeys, would also be a welcome addition.

As far as PvP, I think they should go back to the original Rogue penalties. I forget exactly what they were, but going rogue should have greater penalties if you die. Very high risk if you want to shoot some other player in the back. You're going to be hunted and if you die the penalty should be more severe than what it currently is.

I believe this was mentioned in the 1.4 round table, but applies even more now. With 150 slots in our Stash, it would be nice to have Tabs to reduce the scrolling. And I agree, Loadouts that can be bound to hotkeys, would also be a welcome addition.

Fully agree on the loadouts. Switching gear sets is such a hassle, especially if you use certain weapons and mods with certain sets.
That way I can have one character and switch to solo pvp, solo pve, team pvp, team pve, support, tank etc.

I also ran with you 2 a while back in the dz, was a lot of fun.

If you want 2 awesome guys to run with and help you, these are the 2 guys. They know what they talking about.

Very kind words Doom.

I think now with my 3 characters, I've designated one solely for pvp, one for pve, and then maybe the other for skill or experimental builds.

I also ran with you 2 a while back in the dz, was a lot of fun.

If you want 2 awesome guys to run with and help you, these are the 2 guys. They know what they talking about.

iRVA0V.png

We are hardly the only ones, but thank you for the kind words. I've learned a lot from Jmaker and Jiminator both, and hopefully have contributed myself here and there.

We did have a good night that night, raked in lots of loot. Good to 'see' you again btw.

--

I know I'm always posting videos, and I hope it is more helpful than annoying, but I'm very visual, like to stay informed and pass on what I learn, so with that in mind I have another from MacroStyle. This time around he is starting a short series on what the game needs to improve on an excellent start to balancing. He makes some good points that I think a lot of the regular players would agree with, and some not. But that is what it good about these videos, it promotes discussion in a place Massive will be paying attention too, so if you have input, please add it to his comments.

--

Today's State of the Game Highlights:

Last edited:

Watching the proposed fixes from Marco is both insightful and frustrating.

I played a little bit this morning and kicked it up to WT5... I survived some stuff. Didn't survive some named bosses. I need to get on with you guys to gear up.

(jmaker, Frakk, jim I love you guys too)

I love you too Ghost. You just need to join up with us in the DZ.

Very fun run tonight in the DZ, Me, Frrak, Harvestor, and then a couple different randoms. We were just in DZ1 east over at the boss area, and as soon as we opened the chest, a 3 man team comes up behind us and shoots us in the back. Ok fine, they run away up north a little like cowards. Short time later, we encounter them again and they start shooting Frrak in the back again, and then our team turns around on them and obliterates them.

We were on Manhunt and they couldn't even touch us. I'm really loving my Deadeye set. I think it works well with Frrak's Frontline shield build. That's exactly how it's supposed to work. He stand in the front, even doing major damage himself, while I'm probably in the back crit shotting every player. Once we figured out how to work out positioning, that group kept coming after us, and we just killed them every time. Good times indeed. Will do that again.

I have never done any playing with you guys, I see how it is, oh well. :p Also, is Fear The Cow a [H]ard Former or a Redditer? I added him but no idea who he is.

Been busy with work this week so haven't been able to play

(jmaker, Frakk, jim I love you guys too)

I love you too Ghost. You just need to join up with us in the DZ.

a729dba41ebe3b8cb5cd07c482d3c8e16695993806addd7e17a7a19cb81f2802.jpg

Been too long since we've gamed Ghost, lol. I'm on after midnight CST, so it's rare I get to hang out with you guys. I just had a few days off after moving my daughter 1200 miles across country, so had a rare moment to catch up with a couple of you. We had some good frags! Going Manhunt on those jerks was OH SO SATISFYING, lol (I rarely PvP). I've got about another 5-6 months on this schedule, then hopefully I will be back to days and M-F.

I have never done any playing with you guys, I see how it is, oh well. :p Also, is Fear The Cow a [H]ard Former or a Redditer? I added him but no idea who he is.

Been busy with work this week so haven't been able to play

I have him on my Friends list too, but I don't see him on our [H] list, hopefully I just missed him. I'll investigate next I see him.

Forum Name - Uplay Name

USMCGrunt - USMCGrunt0307

gentoo - Cutsmann

Spidey329 - Kael_29

Stryderxx - Stryderxx

AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81

aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution

TheNoid - superNoid

bud1974 - budd74

Wikidlad - WikidBoo

KickAssCop - KickAssCop

ghostwich - ghostwich

Bloodwulf - Wulfkilljoy

GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz

Frraksurred - Frraksurred

purebooyah - purebooyah

SprayingMango - DolanPlayGams

Kvothe - TheKurgan57

jmaker - jmaker

Smutacus - TomcatTech

jiminator - jiminatorX

Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose

Xerack - Xerack07

Adidas4275 - APU5263

ReconSniper - Hawkeye352

Sway - Jayse75

dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3

collegeboy69us - accelerus

VELKYN - kenkinniph

Marvel_Naunts - Kronos0418

Gabe3 - SeriesKGB

Kwaz - The-Kwaz

Solhokuten - Solhokuten

dR.Jester - J3ST3RM4A3

BroHamBone - BroHamBone

Lith1um - pR1mal_

Doom5003 - Doom5003

whrswoldo - whrswoldo

Arr4ws - Arr4ws

GT98 - Sherminator98

FrEaKy - insomnibyte

tonyftw - floppyftl

El Nacho - El__Nacho

BurningBeard484 - BurningBeard484

VF31Tomcatters - Agent_BauerCTU

Dirksquarejaw - Dirktheginger

lordlegend - Michigan87

Harvestor - harvest0r

Strelok - HCxStrelok

Williamea - Halonos

Playing with jmaker and frrak i was using a pure dps alpha build and staying behind frrak letting him take all the agro, while i dealt as much damage as i could, worked awesome. Trying to get a shield build of my own and maybe a firecrest with a turret

Playing with jmaker and frrak i was using a pure dps alpha build and staying behind frrak letting him take all the agro, while i dealt as much damage as i could, worked awesome. Trying to get a shield build of my own and maybe a firecrest with a turret

We were doing as well just the 2 of us, as when we had a full squad, it was fun. Even held our own against the Rogues when they didn't get the drop on us. Tank + DPS is a good combo in this game, now we just need a healer and another DPS and we'll be nigh unstoppable, lol.

I have to admit, I am loving the Frontline set (D3-FNC). I was soloing DZ6 2 days back without a problem, can't say I can do that as effectively even with my AlphaBridge set. Went into DZ4 and tanked all 3 Heavy Flamers and their ontourage. As long as I can keep from getting flanked, I can usually hold my own. I could use some more EDR and EAD for the PvP encounters, but that is just nit-picking.

I did make some tweaks since I posted the build earlier. I took jiminator advice and reduced my Stamina, so I could roll one Gear Piece into Electronics. With the Secialized Backpack, it put me up to 160k Skill Power. This did more for my surviviability than the extra toughness did, because my Overheal is stronger and recharges faster, plus my Shield is stronger and lasts MUCH longer (it hasn't been destroyed since, even against the 3 heavys). I gave up the PP-19 for an MP-5. With a 111% extended mag I get a 67 round mag, and since I can get up close enough to land all my headshots, One is None makes the mag last as long as I need it. Having more Skill Power has also upped my Crits. I went from 30-40k crits to 70-90k. NICE! I also found a new MP5 with Responsive, Destructive and Brutal on it, so close up I can wreck things as fast as the AB'ers. Honestly, this is the best all-around set I've played with so far. You definitely don't want to have a full squaad of them, but one or two in a squad takes the heat off everyone else. Healers and DPS'ers can sit back and largely do their job without distraction.

Anyway, back to work today, so have a good day y'all and hopefully I'll catch up with some of you later.

Last edited:
Very kind words Doom.

I think now with my 3 characters, I've designated one solely for pvp, one for pve, and then maybe the other for skill or experimental builds.
Same here. 1 for pvp (alpha), 1 for pve (D3-FNC) and 1 that im trying a sniper build (work in progress)

the vest can come with increased XP as can the kneepads, also kneepads can have accolades (XP). You will probably want to keep those for as long as possible. There are two XP perks that come from upgrading specific security wing sections. you probably want to do those missions first. That's pretty much it. Nothing you do matters much until level 30, endgame. then all your gear, everything becomes trash. otherwise have fun, it is really a great game.

The Division is currently half price during the Steam sale. Is there a recommended quick start guide (written or video) to start getting a new player up to speed?

Jiminator hit the highlights, so I'll just expand a little bit.

When you start getting gear for your character, you can pull them up in your Inventory menu and look at its stats. If you scroll down you'll find its Minor Attributes; try to find gear with decent stats AND bonus XP earned.

When you get to the Base of Operations (BoO), the first mission they offer you is for your Medical wing, and is located right across the street from Base. Put this on hold and go check out your Security Wing. You should find a mission that is a rank above you, but rewards you with 10% extra XP for everything you do. Gear up as best you can and go do that mission first, it will optimize your earnings.

I found it more useful to sell all the gear I didn't want, as opposed to deconstructing it into crafting materials. I then worked at sneaking to each Safe House on the map to unlock their Vendors. About every 3-4 ranks, right AFTER I hit a new rank, I would fast travel to each of them and check out what they had. If I found anything I liked, I would note it and come back to it if I didn't find anything better. This practice helped to keep my gear caught up to my rank, which will make combat much more manageable and fun.

You will unlock Talents as you go, there are some great medical talents to help keep you alive, like Critical Save and Triage. Other good talents are On the Move (security tree), and One is None (also security).

For your Skills, you will probably use Pulse and Heal more than anything, but experiment to see what else you like.

Excellent advice! I bought the division for both of my long time gaming buddies and they will be finished downloading it tonight. I'll make a second character and we are going to play together, so I'll be following your advice Frrak :)

So last night after Harvest0r crashed for the night and it was just me and a random or two, one of them mentioned he wanted to try a Healer build, so I pointed him towards MarcoStyle's Reclaimer Healer video and dropped 3 nice pieces for him, a God rolled vest, a Backpack and LVOA-C with Competent in the free slot. The other random had split off and gone his own way, but could still hear our VOIP. He stuck to me like glue bugging me for AlphaBridge stuff for the rest of the night. I didn't get crap for drops after that, lol!

We ran into several Rogues over the course of the night. As long as we didn't get jumped, and the 2 Randoms could cover my back, we seemed to do okay (still touch and go), but if we got split up, we were done for. 2 of the groups were rather good, and well geared. One guy in particular kept showing up, he was solo, and still gave us fits. We tangled with him 3 times before we finally took him down. Come to find out it was LikeBuTTer (using alt account S.H.E.D.E.V.I.L.) and we had made it onto his Livestream. Awesome, I got to die repeatedly for hundreds of people to see. My fame is complete. :p:cry:o_O

Last edited:
Wow that's awesome!!!! Man you are a nice person to randoms lol

Lol. Well, not always. This guy played the game early on and was returning after a long break. He was just trying to make heads or tails of the changes and gear up in the sea of new equipment. I play a lot of games, so I related, plus I'm fairly well geared already and didn't need the stuff I dropped.

I only seem to get LVOA-C's after jmaker logs off though, I don't think the game likes him. ;)

ADD YOUR INPUT

There is a Megathread over on Reddit compiling requests & suggestions for 1.6 and/or the future of The Division in general. There are some excellent ideas in the thread, and fluff as well, so if you are a Redditor, head over and up vote or down vote as you see fit.

Lol. Well, not always. This guy played the game early on and was returning after a long break. He was just trying to make heads or tails of the changes and gear up in the sea of new equipment. I play a lot of games, so I related, plus I'm fairly well geared already and didn't need the stuff I dropped.

I only seem to get LVOA-C's after jmaker logs off though, I don't think the game likes him. ;)

Dude, how do you get so many LVOAs? They rarely drop for me. I really do not have a 'god' roll M4/LVOA. Before tonight's vendor reset, there was one for sale in the Terminal that had Vicious, Deadly, Destructive, low EAD. So of course I bought it.

Send me your schedule, I'll wake up in the middle of the night if I have to, just so you can find me a good gun. :)

This week's Vendor reset:

No LVOA-C or decent sniper rifles though, sorry jmaker. A nice MP-5 and a few decent D3-FNC pieces for those building the Frontline set though.

New player question. Every once and a while I'll get yellow material drops. Checking my inventory shows no yellow materials. Can you only collect them at 30 or something?

There is a tab on the inventory screen that shows the number of miscellaneous items you have including things like keys and intelligence and so forth

Back