The Division - officially announced for PC!

...looks like the servers are going to shut down for 3 hours of Maintenance late tonight (3:00 AM EST)

"Agents,

The servers will shut down for a scheduled weekly maintenance on Tuesday, March 29 at 09:00 AM CEST, 03:00 AM EDT, 12:00 PM PDT.
Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours. Please follow this thread for any updates as the maintenance progresses.

Thanks for your patience during this downtime,

The Division Team"

so is crafting where you get the best weapons and gear or is it the Dark Zone?...I hear conflicting reports

Crafting is the best source for making the best weapons / gear, but only after you've hit max rank. And by max rank I mean level 31. Hitting 30 and continuing to level until your Character progress bar is full. This allows you to buy level 31 Blueprints from the Gear Vendor in your Tech Wing, and the DZ06 Vendor. ALL other vendors sell only level 30 Blueprints. You can tell this by scrolling down to the bottom of a Blueprint and looking at its "Item Level". Also lvl 31 Blueprints will always cost you Phoenix Credits instead of DZ funds.

While you can find some excellent gear in the DZ, the best stuff will always be crafted, and recrafted, until you get the specs and talents you want. Then min / maxxing at the Configuration Bench in your Base of Operations.

Last edited:
Go play Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Wait... is there a playable version of DX: Mankind right now!?

Edit: Updated agent list!

[H] The Division

Forum Name - Uplay Name
USMCGrunt - USMCGrunt0307
gentoo - Cutsmann
Spidey329 - Kael_29
Stryderxx - Stryderxx
AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
aeonrevolution - aeonrevolution
TheNoid - superNoid
bud1974 - budd74
Wikidlad - WikidBoo
KickAssCop - KickAssCop
ghostwich - ghostwich
Bloodwulf - Wulfkilljoy
GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
purebooyah - purebooyah
SprayingMango - DolanPlayGams
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
jmaker - jmaker
Smutacus - TomcatTec
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
Xerack - Xerack07
Adidas4275 - APU5263
ReconSniper - Hawkeye352

Just around 150 hours played so far. Love this game. Definitely in the min maxing stage now.

Jayse75 = in game name on PC.
stats.png

Just around 150 hours played so far. Love this game. Definitely in the min maxing stage now.

Jayse75 = in game name on PC.

nice stats! just curious, are people emptying their inventory before taking screenshots or do you really roam around with only two weapons and a sidearm? like i said earlier i like to keep at least one of each weapon class on me at all times to maximize my ammo pool. so one AR, LMG, SMG, DMR, shotgun, and pistol. i couldn't imagine running the darkzone with only 2 weapons. i'd be dropping by safehouses every 3 minutes :D

I do drop by the safehouse pretty often. And yeah I do not weapon swap much. I keep an M1A on me for sniping but thats it. I do the police and paramedic backpack trick for more ammo and health kits though.

Yeah I just saw that trick on Reddit. If anyone didn't know you can have 7 medkits and I think 73% ammo capacity with those free packs from the rewards vendor. Equip one, restock, equip the other, restock, then equip your original pack. Free meds and ammo capacity.

nice stats! just curious, are people emptying their inventory before taking screenshots or do you really roam around with only two weapons and a sidearm? like i said earlier i like to keep at least one of each weapon class on me at all times to maximize my ammo pool. so one AR, LMG, SMG, DMR, shotgun, and pistol. i couldn't imagine running the darkzone with only 2 weapons. i'd be dropping by safehouses every 3 minutes :D

if you mean the screenshot above your post, the first inventory screen only gives rapid access to 3 weapons. He probably has more

I do drop by the safehouse pretty often. And yeah I do not weapon swap much. I keep an M1A on me for sniping but thats it. I do the police and paramedic backpack trick for more ammo and health kits though.

Yeah I just saw that trick on Reddit. If anyone didn't know you can have 7 medkits and I think 73% ammo capacity with those free packs from the rewards vendor. Equip one, restock, equip the other, restock, then equip your original pack. Free meds and ammo capacity.

good trick, thanks for the heads up

in the non-DZ area I wish the Echo's you find in the world would disappear once you find them...it's annoying finding an Echo only to find out it's one you already discovered yet still remains on the map

I'm up to Gramercy Park now...cleared out all the other areas prior to this...that Perk or Talent which reveals all the interests on the map such as phone recordings, survival guides etc is very useful in clearing out the map

cool bit of info- I live in the Gramercy Park area of Manhattan...it's interesting seeing the world Ubisoft/Massive created...it's not totally accurate but there's enough similar landmarks and buildings that it looks very familiar...some buildings, streets etc are spot on while others are totally fictional...it's like an alternate universe version of NYC

Did some experimenting today, and my disconnect error is only associated with my main character. Been leveling my alt for about 3 hours, no problems. Switched back over and disconnected almost immediately. What a shame, seems like Ubisoft will have to do something to un-glitch the character otherwise it's now going the way of the Dodo.

^^^^

That would be cool to have it be 10v10 type game play....

the game engine can handle it so that is cool.

in the DZ do you play against other real people?

^^^^

That would be cool to have it be 10v10 type game play....

the game engine can handle it so that is cool.

in the DZ do you play against other real people?

Yeah, it's interesting to see because it is a bug, but it still handles it. I'm curious if they stay in the same instance once they leave the mission. Having 30 agents free roam would be entertaining. I also think that video badly needs a dubover of the "mine, mine, mine, mine, mine" track from one of the animated films.

In the DZ, there's no PVP unless you go Rogue (by attacking a friendly) or someone else goes Rogue. Unless they screw up the servers. There was a period last week where you could attack players without consequence, it was labeled on Reddit as "the purge".

Although, it'd be kinda neat to work a storyline where The Division splinters into factions and it's team vs team vs NPC's. Killing a teammate would make you a double agent and you have to get back to your factions base to extract. It'd add a whole nother layer to the multiplayer experience.

Last edited:
I am maxed out on all crafting mats, however armor/mods work fine. I crafted a few random scopes to drop my Weapon Parts & Tools below 999, still the same error. Although I do think the problem started after I hit 999 Tools last night, I'm not sure if it's related.

as a guess it may be some issue with the way their data format works. try putting all your gear into your chest, everything, and see if that makes a difference.

as a guess it may be some issue with the way their data format works. try putting all your gear into your chest, everything, and see if that makes a difference.
I can still actually move guns in and out of my stash, but any other means of obtaining them will cause me to D/C. This includes Secondary weapons (side arms).
My initial guess was a bug with my bag, doesn't seem likely though.

HIPw5YT.png

I am saying to empty your character and see if you get the same results
Well you can't actually "empty" your inventory since you always must have items equipped. But anyway I did drop to 0 capacity (just my equipped gear) and it still happens. I also tried swapping out all of my gear and that didn't help either.

My next test will be filling my bag with guns (moving them from my alt) and then deconstructing.

just completed the story -- just doing all the side missions and other crap work so I can get my medical/tech/security wings maxed out. Level 23 currently, and level 9 in the DZ -- add me if you like, I play usually on weekends and mornings due to weird work schedule.

Uplay ID: accelerus

Had another great time playing with Aeon and 3 other HardForum guys last night! We had fun in the DZ and wrecked a group of Rogue players that tried to get the jump on us! That was intense. I love playing with fellow H crew, it's a different breed of experienced players thats for sure.

Had another great time playing with Aeon and 3 other HardForum guys last night! We had fun in the DZ and wrecked a group of Rogue players that tried to get the jump on us! That was intense. I love playing with fellow H crew, it's a different breed of experienced players thats for sure.
I'm finally at level 30 so I hope to see a few of you guys around the DZ.

Same here, gotta get that DZ level higher though, I'm still stuck at 8.

been playing slowly, hit lv 19 yesterday so I jumped into the dark zone. Guess the bracket they put me in was all lv 15-16 purp enemies which made it very easy to run solo and rack up some xp. Went from DZ lvl 1-11 in about an hour, got a few blues and a ton of greens extracted. What was nice is I didn't encounter a single dick player, ran into a few groups and we just ignored eachother. I layed down some support fire and revived 1 other group and then karma came around as I was downed at the extraction zone by a surprise shotgunner only to be saved by a different random group and revived.

been playing slowly, hit lv 19 yesterday so I jumped into the dark zone. Guess the bracket they put me in was all lv 15-16 purp enemies which made it very easy to run solo and rack up some xp. Went from DZ lvl 1-11 in about an hour, got a few blues and a ton of greens extracted. What was nice is I didn't encounter a single dick player, ran into a few groups and we just ignored eachother. I layed down some support fire and revived 1 other group and then karma came around as I was downed at the extraction zone by a surprise shotgunner only to be saved by a different random group and revived.

I've ran into a lot of friendly players willing to help out like that. Also twice last weekend I accidentally went rogue on a neutral player while we were all extracting. Not enough damage to kill the other guys but enough for me to go rogue. I just said sorry it was an accident and all was forgiven. It's pretty tempting to kill rogue agents (whether intentional or not) because you get so much xp and their loot. Pretty cool of them not to kill me.

That group of rogues ended up messing around with the wrong crew ha.

I'm glad leveling to lv 30 is pretty easy so far, just repetitive. I've just been doing the side missions for every zone then main missions when I hit the rec. level and I'm staying 2-3 levels above enemies on the area's I'm doing side missions in, just wish there was more mission types. I enjoy the eliminate the boss ones but hate the defend supplies ones as it makes you run from street to street sometimes so far away enemies are already hitting the supplies before you can even reach them lol.

No, thankfully. I'd never get any sleep between these 2 games. But there should be by the time they start raising the max rank in this game. :D
You had me there for a moment. I cannot wait for the next DX game. Seriously one of my favorite "get lost in it" atmospheric game titles.

I'm finally at level 30 so I hope to see a few of you guys around the DZ.

One of my buddies is also a fresh 30, so I've been doing a lot of Dailies and DZ with him, I see you on my friends list, so if you ever care to join us (or vice-versa), feel free. My Dz rank is currently 57, all my gear is HE and I'm in the beginnings of the min/max stage. I still enjoy hearing new players get their first Gold and successfully extract it, awesome stuff that. :snaphappy:

I'm glad leveling to lv 30 is pretty easy so far, just repetitive. I've just been doing the side missions for every zone then main missions when I hit the rec. level and I'm staying 2-3 levels above enemies on the area's I'm doing side missions in, just wish there was more mission types. I enjoy the eliminate the boss ones but hate the defend supplies ones as it makes you run from street to street sometimes so far away enemies are already hitting the supplies before you can even reach them lol.

If you can, save the "kill the boss" ones for when you hit lvl 30, then they will drop Phoenix Credits and better loot then. If not, it's no emergency, there are plenty of others in the DZ and Daily Missions.

I got my first gold assault rifle today... and got gunned down by others there. lost it. next time when others are around I will skip picking it up until the others leave. Cool thing about this game is that the loot remains as long as you are in the DZ

I got my first gold assault rifle today... and got gunned down by others there. lost it. next time when others are around I will skip picking it up until the others leave. Cool thing about this game is that the loot remains as long as you are in the DZ

That is what I do if I'm running solo in the DZ, since I'll loop around the same areas I just leave everything on the ground until I'm ready to extract (If I notice no one is around or if I'm done for the night). Then right before I extract I'll scan, throw a med bag down, and pop the defense ult. depending on how good the loot is.

Back