The Division 2

If you are waiting for that mission thats for the blueprint. Do you have the other 4(?) components?

Yes.

I must be the most unlucky person ever.
I have no exotic weapon. Have had no part drop for me anywhere on any difficulty. Been opening different faction crates/boxes and nothing.
Im at GS50#, been for a while now.
If this goes on for much longer, ill probably be moving on from this game...

RNG can be brutal with this thing. No question.

Can get the Adrestia from tidal Basin atm as it's the current Invaded stronghold. (Have to deconstruct it for the part) I had to do it 2x, as I got all the way to the room and forgot to get the card to open it the first time. :oops:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I must be the most unlucky person ever.
I have no exotic weapon. Have had no part drop for me anywhere on any difficulty. Been opening different faction crates/boxes and nothing.
Im at GS50#, been for a while now.
If this goes on for much longer, ill probably be moving on from this game...

Keep in mind that only a couple exotics drop straight from bosses. Pestilence, the LMG, from named bosses in the DZ. Sweet Dreams Shotgun from Outcasts bosses so you have to run a mission with a specific Outcast final boss. Merciless, the rifle from Hyena bosses so like like how Sweet Dreams requires Outcasts, this requires hyena bosses.

Now, running the missions with said bosses on harder difficulty also increases your chances. At the end of the day, if you're not specifically running the required missions on the hardest difficulty you can handle, its possibly going to take you a lot longer to get these than someone who is.

like this
I have ran so many different missions and strongholds on challenging and invasion but no dice.
There's just no reward for doing it anymore, for me at least.

Like so many have said, there's no fun in running the same missions over and over again with the same gear and weapons as in the last hour or so.
What made Div 1 so fun was that you had different builds that played and felt vastly different from each other and that made re-running the same missions over and over again not work.

Now I know Div 2 isn't even out for very long, BUT it isn't like it is the devs first outing. They could have build on what made Div 1 fun.
Cant see any reason why there isn't like 5 GOOD gear set on release.

I have ran so many different missions and strongholds on challenging and invasion but no dice.
There's just no reward for doing it anymore, for me at least.

Like so many have said, there's no fun in running the same missions over and over again with the same gear and weapons as in the last hour or so.
What made Div 1 so fun was that you had different builds that played and felt vastly different from each other and that made re-running the same missions over and over again not work.

Now I know Div 2 isn't even out for very long, BUT it isn't like it is the devs first outing. They could have build on what made Div 1 fun.
Cant see any reason why there isn't like 5 GOOD gear set on release.

I agree my brother.. I am disappointed and worn out from TD2.
My own fault for thinking this version was going to be more more than TD1.
I believe they really farged this game up with this release.
I like the new area and story; but the grind is still a fucking struggle with more stick than carrot.
I also can't believe I just used a semi colon.

I got my alt his chatterbox, not counting farming the keys, it took around 2-2.5 hours to get all the pieces, only for the 2nd piece I had to open 2 chests, all the others dropped from the first chest in the zone I went to.

Not sure it is worth using but that is another discussion, but as for finding the pcs, it's not that hard, other then finding the D50 to make the handgun which is one of my next projects for the alt.

I was at the store today and found an envelope in the parking lot with 80.00 in it...
Took me 8 minutes to get to the store.
Making money is not that hard in today's economy.

yeah, mommy fucked up and the grocery money fell out of her pocket when she took out her keys. her loss, your gain

I think they screwed up is some way by pushing back the release of the raid. They would have had a steady flow of updates coming but when they delayed it there isn't much do do after tidal basin besides the daily grind. I love this game but don't play it a ton because we literally clear the invasion with in 3 days of the reset. Thats doing a few missions a day. We typically play like 1.5 - 2 hrs a night and that is it. We have completed almost all the missions on hard and have done most on Challenging. (We just cleared TB on Challenging last night.) Waiting for The Capitol Building to be invaded so we can do that on Challenging.

I think the pace of content, if anything, is too hurried. Let the game be for a few months after release.

Personally I think they are on the right track. I'm eager for content, but they did the PTS first so it could be player tested before going live. That was the right call to me, but I played through all the growing pains of D1, so I just see them getting ahead of issues instead of making them. The content will come.

like this
Speaking about the industry in general. I am not trying to twist any vagiz.
Back in the day, games were only released when finished.
A patch or to along the way for hardware advancement and the odd extra mission or so.
Slowly over time content providers have convinced or trained us it's "The Norm" to release a broken rough unfinished experience.
By pooling all the unpaid talent into beta and alpha access test kitchens to streamline the bug finding was ground breaking.
I did not drink the cool aide. I am content to be a voice of reason for the unheard of mass's that take it, but don't like it.
Personally, when the industry adopted the WASD side of the keyboard the gaming industry has been in a continual slide to mediocrity.

On a side note:
Unless your wearing a helmet of some kind, If I shoot you in the fucking face I expect to blow your head off. Or break your fricking neck.
Bullet spongy is a word men should never be expected to say. Like Bathe and clitoris. Just makes my skin crawl.

Fun Facts: Open chat.....

/quit takes you out of the game to desktop.
/leave takes you from group to nearest safe house or control point.

Last edited:
What i want to know is if they have fixed the Specter hunter bug where it won't spawn. Basically my entire clan has this (granted we are only a clan of 4) bug and its is the very last Key and mask to get to complete the collection. Anyone else have this issue?
I saw a video of a guy who explained that if you didn't do it before WT5 there is a high possibility that he is bugged out and you have to join someone else's instance who isn't WT5 to get him to spawn.

Personally I think they are on the right track. I'm eager for content, but they did the PTS first so it could be player tested before going live. That was the right call to me, but I played through all the growing pains of D1, so I just see them getting ahead of issues instead of making them. The content will come.

I favor this approach as well. If they rush things out it creates headaches. Get the fundamentals locked down and then move from there.

What i want to know is if they have fixed the Specter hunter bug where it won't spawn. Basically my entire clan has this (granted we are only a clan of 4) bug and its is the very last Key and mask to get to complete the collection. Anyone else have this issue?
I saw a video of a guy who explained that if you didn't do it before WT5 there is a high possibility that he is bugged out and you have to join someone else's instance who isn't WT5 to get him to spawn.
Got the Specter Mask not that long ago. I shot the windows with a gun that had enough ammo so I didn't have to reload and the hunter spawned. I think we tried about a dozen times until it finally happened.

Got the Specter Mask not that long ago. I shot the windows with a gun that had enough ammo so I didn't have to reload and the hunter spawned. I think we tried about a dozen times until it finally happened.
Yea we have tried it so many times its ridiculous......supposedly when you shoot the first window the lights on the truck start flashing and that means its active.

For those who were trying to help me with the blueprint, I figured our/my misstake out, while we did have an invaded hotel mission, it was only WT1 that also why most of the loot was purple.

Guess I will have to wait at least another week to get the right mission.

For those who were trying to help me with the blueprint, I figured our/my misstake out, while we did have an invaded hotel mission, it was only WT1 that also why most of the loot was purple.

LOL I was wondering why there was no bullet sponging at all. That was pretty fun.

No wonder they went down so fast

No wonder they went down so fast

It was very satisfying. The shoe on the other foot.

I've noticed in Hard but especially on Challenging it's the other way where it's like the player practically has no armor at all and the bullet sponging on enemies is stupid. I really wouldn't mind some refinement in these areas.

I have yet to be tempted to try Heroic.

It was very satisfying. The shoe on the other foot.

I've noticed in Hard but especially on Challenging it's the other way where it's like the player practically has no armor at all and the bullet sponging on enemies is stupid. I really wouldn't mind some refinement in these areas.

I have yet to be tempted to try Heroic.
They are actually reducing the damage from veterans and above. Which I totally agree its crazy. We did a heroic bounty the other day and even though it was a little nutty we ended up laying waste to everything. It was in the pit and we basically lit the tunnels on fire. It was pretty comical really. This patch next week will be interesting though.......kinda pissed they nerfed my LMG weapon talent Frenzy....:mad:

like this
All of a sudden getting hit by Delta codes and can't get in the game. My Internet is fine. I was lucky to finish a mission.

I just hit 30. Should I just keep finishing the story or do the stronghold missions to select a specialization? Am I going to be losing out on specialization points I could earn if I just complete the story missions first?

nah you can earn points untill you have all 3 specs maxed, doing the strongholds will make the game harder (and give you better loot)

like this
You will have to get to WT5 before the Invaded missions show up (best resource for Spec Points), so I would just enjoy where you're at. If you like the story stuff, than take your time. If you're eager to get to end game, than go for the missions. You're not missiing out on anything.

nah you can earn points untill you have all 3 specs maxed, doing the strongholds will make the game harder (and give you better loot)
You will have to get to WT5 before the Invaded missions show up (best resource for Spec Points), so I would just enjoy where you're at. If you like the story stuff, than take your time. If you're eager to get to end game, than go for the missions. You're not missiing out on anything.
Okay. Thanks.

First time trying out Conflict tonight....really fun. It takes a while to matchmake though.

Last edited:
like this
I just finished the Strongholds and have some questions.

1. Do the turret, drone, or seeker mine upgrades for a specialization require you to use that skill in one of your two skill slots? Or do you get a third slot for your specialization skill?
2. Thoughts on which specialization for a solo PvE player? I have been using mostly AR and LMG. I will swap to a rifle or marksman rifle if a mission has a long range defended entrance.
3. What if I have items with a lower gear score, but stats I think are better? Do I use the stats I like or is there an underlying advantage (player damage, enemy damage, etc.) that is influenced by gear score? I thought I read something where people kept a second load out or set of gear with a higher gear score just to influence drops.

I just finished the Strongholds and have some questions.

1. Do the turret, drone, or seeker mine upgrades for a specialization require you to use that skill in one of your two skill slots? Or do you get a third slot for your specialization skill?
2. Thoughts on which specialization for a solo PvE player? I have been using mostly AR and LMG. I will swap to a rifle or marksman rifle if a mission has a long range defended entrance.
3. What if I have items with a lower gear score, but stats I think are better? Do I use the stats I like or is there an underlying advantage (player damage, enemy damage, etc.) that is influenced by gear score? I thought I read something where people kept a second load out or set of gear with a higher gear score just to influence drops.

1. No, you can use whichever modification you want. You can't use other spec mods, that's the only limit.
2. Does not matter much. I run survivalist. LMG + Sniper Rifle.
3. Gear score dictates the range on variability of stats, but the item can roll anything from min/max within that range. You can find GS 500 LMG with 15k DPS or 480 LMG with 20k DPS.
GS influences the GS of the drops. Supposedly with 500 GS you'll find more 500 GS items, but there's still a bunch of junk dropping below 500.

like this
Are there any 500+ guns? Tried recalibrating, but nothing goes past 500. (As far as I've seen)

As for the rest, just been using drone and turret most of my playtime. Almost exclusively been using the LMG and sniper rifle also. At 510GS atm.

Are there any 500+ guns? Tried recalibrating, but nothing goes past 500. (As far as I've seen)

As for the rest, just been using drone and turret most of my playtime. Almost exclusively been using the LMG and sniper rifle also. At 510GS atm.

The DZ has drops up to GS 515, not that I have seen any in my limited time there but you can try.

From what I've heard from the various YouTube channels - it seems the devs are giving up on 515 and just going 500 as a cap for now. Not sure how true it is but we'll see this Tuesday (or is it Thursday?)

From what I've heard from the various YouTube channels - it seems the devs are giving up on 515 and just going 500 as a cap for now. Not sure how true it is but we'll see this Tuesday (or is it Thursday?)

That's fine then. I see mostly 500 drops. I have tried to keep up with recalibration but I have yet to be able to squeeze a weapon up past 500. I have some armor that I was able to. I've largely let it go. I'm just not going to spend a crazy ton of time with this inventory management that IMO needs some overhauling, refining, and streamlining. It's law of diminshing returns after a point since the game drops a lot of sweet gear anyways if you're hitting it.

Inventory management is where Destiny 2 spoiled me in some regards and especially with its app and most especially Destiny Inventory Manager. (DIM) Whatever anyone may think of that game it soundly hands Division its ass here IMO.

Same here on gear for the most part. Most of my non-weapon gear is 515 or close, so will max out the one's that aren't and hope. lol
Not a real fan of the DZ though, but it's usually empty when i'm on so may try it sometime. Are those 515 drops from Bosses only or just random from everything?

like this
I'm not sure but at item GS510 (my buddies were 500+ also) - I was still getting gold drops in the DZ that were 480-490ish. If they reverse their 515 decision and stick with the 500 cap, that will make DZ runs worth even less.

Simply not worth the time / hassle. You can do bounties (especially challenging / heroic <- the fastest earners IMO) so much better than any DZ activity ... again unless they actually end up dropping 515 weapons.

like this
I'm not sure but at item GS510 (my buddies were 500+ also) - I was still getting gold drops in the DZ that were 480-490ish. If they reverse their 515 decision and stick with the 500 cap, that will make DZ runs worth even less.

Simply not worth the time / hassle. You can do bounties (especially challenging / heroic <- the fastest earners IMO) so much better than any DZ activity ... again unless they actually end up dropping 515 weapons.
They are changing the way loot drops to make it more likely to drop closer to the 500 cap. The patch is coming out this week so there are some big changes coming.

like this
I always check in at the recalibration table before doing anything else but I've started to kind of give up on that.

I did take some time yesterday to really dial in my overglut of mods on my gear and tools. Basically I'm in cruise control now. Some day Merciless and Sweet Dreams finally drop for me. I can get into Invaded GW the next time it shows up to get the Sniper finshed. Eventually I am going to try and get some more masks. That's about it.

Back