The Division 2

Game is finally stable for me. Dx11 plus thw newist nvidia driver. I csn finally play without a crash every 5 to 30 min.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
DX12 with a 980TI. I was using DX12 trying to get a little better performance since my card is old. I seem to be getting 50-55 FPS at 2560x1440 with all of the settings turned up.

I'm running the 980Ti also (both single & SLI) @ 4k stable in DX11. I do get a Delta on rare occasion, but it is typically one of their impromptu patches. You might try it and see if it improves your experience any. Even if you lose 5fps, probably be worth it if you lose the crashes.

Got to WT5 tonight and have a GS of 456 atm. Died like 5-6x on the last mission, but wasn't too bad once I figured out what I was doing wrong. Ever onward! :ROFLMAO:

Division 2 Exotic Merciless Drop

Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-4-14-4-30-41.jpg

I'm running the 980Ti also (both single & SLI) @ 4k stable in DX11. I do get a Delta on rare occasion, but it is typically one of their impromptu patches. You might try it and see if it improves your experience any. Even if you lose 5fps, probably be worth it if you lose the crashes.
I'll try it.

I've had some really nice runs with some of you all and it's been great. :)

I have been implementing my "bad penny" routine. I just turn up. You never when or where. ;)

you guys know a reliable way to get better LMGs? They rarely pop up.

strangely enough I get enough lmgs but I can't find any with the unhinged talent. I used to have them at a lower GS but I nuked all that stuff to get to 500ish. Almost like they pulled it from the loot table.

strangely enough I get enough lmgs but I can't find any with the unhinged talent. I used to have them at a lower GS but I nuked all that stuff to get to 500ish. Almost like they pulled it from the loot table.

Like the Blueprints, and meaningful loot drops after you hit GS500 or more, and any Talent or Weapon a Youtuber uses are part of a stand out build? It feels like they are trying to slow our roll until they can fix some things. Bring on the PTS and next Client side patch.

Hard Gaming Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/4J5Gy9E
Clan Discord (Mine): https://discord.gg/eNsatFP

Forum Name
- Uplay Name

ghostwich - ghostwich
GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
jmaker - jmaker
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
VF31Tomcatters - Agent_BauerCTU
Harvestor - harvest0r
Smutacus - Ole_Smutty
CrimsonKnight13 - CrimsonKnight13
Kettchxxii - Kettchxxii
primetime - primetime2010
Q-BZ - erwem576
Sodapopjones - OctaneRebel
TheCur - LtJames.EGG
Someoneelse - Equ1n0cks
Mylex - TheBlack_Hamm3r
Ferdjones - ferdjones
Xerack - Xerack07
Zetachi - Zeta_Chi
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
amarvin125 - amarvin250
BassTek - BassTekCA
FrEaKy - Insomnibyte
LOCO LAPTOP – LOCOLAPTOP
Stryderxx – Stryderxx
azrael.arach - azrael1811
LeXXon - LeXXon21
Denpepe - Denpepe
Crispy02 - Crispy001
FearTheCow - FearTheCow
acairman-acairman
Superjoe - Superjoe555
HeYSNipES - HeySNipES
Ragenrok - ragenrok
Viivo - eruditefacade
Jonathanp96 - Boggy1976
Brackle - Bracklez
Horrorshow - lqdhorror
CPCEleet - spykedchris
Armenius - ArmeniusLOD
Serelaw - WetDogBreath
Squishy - SJSquishy
Derangel - Derang3l
ashmelev75 - Noobies247
dvsman - themaker387
smokin9 - sm0kin9
Jabroni31169 - Jab31169
NeoBattleDroid - NeoBattleDroid
GT98 - Sherminator98
Leezard - leezrd

--

We are currently full with a short waiting list, but the coming and going seems to have slowed down, so I cannot say when another opening will pop up. If you're eager to get into a Clan and don't want to wait for an opening in HardOCP, CrimsonKnight13 has also created a Clan as an option. You can apply to INFINITEKNIGHTS in game, and their Discord is here: https://discord.gg/UstXdfE

--

Lastly, we are nearing level 30 as a Clan. Nice work EVERYONE! I've made a couple more promotions and I think we are in good shape over-all. If you need anything further, please PM me. I check in daily.

Last edited:
DX11 took care of it. Odd how the error was connection related, and that fixed it.

C:program Files(x86)>EasyAntiCheat>click it, hit the drop box for Division 2. Crashes stopped. None on a couple of 4 hour plays.

Did some DX11/12 comparisons with my 1080Ti in 4K and 1080p. Overall, I lost 10+ frames on average going from DX12 to DX11. 4K in DX11=43 frps. DX12=54
1080p was even more. I have screenshots, just too tired right now.

I was able to finally beat Tier 5 TB alone once I switched from Sharpshooter to Demolition on specialization. Basically 2 area shots with the grenade launcher then one right in the chest dropped Wyvern. That was an "Are You shitten me?" moment. All that time and Demo was the secret. lol

So, I did a quick run of bank last night to have Merciless drop, and to drop-again-on another separate mission (o0). Started to grind on a skill / explosive build on the exact same day as the drop, and it is nothing but fun using bombardier, clusters, and Merciless. You can do a shit ton of out going dmg, but do have to know how to be careful with no healing skill and to utilize healing talents on weapons.

I've had some really nice runs with some of you all and it's been great. :)

I have been implementing my "bad penny" routine. I just turn up. You never when or where. ;)

I love how you "distract" the mobs so I can snipe 'em. Did get some solid upgrades from the bounty hunting, and some gifts afterwards., nearing the 500 mark.

like this
I'm sure this has already been answered, but I'm WT5, ilvl 450, where do I go from here to upgrade my ilvl? Darkzones best for that?

I just purchased the higher lvl items from the "Guild Vendor" and started getting higher lvl drops...before that...the drops were about the same as my ilvl..450'ish...sometimes hitting 452-454. I'm currently @ 507 with a mish - mash of (green) patriot gear..and yellows. I'm on a mission to get the Chatterbox...then I'm going to work on the *new* invasion missions...(post Tidal Basin).

I'm sure this has already been answered, but I'm WT5, ilvl 450, where do I go from here to upgrade my ilvl? Darkzones best for that?

Xerack has the right idea. Do a Vendor sweep first, starting with the Clan Vendor. This should net you 2-4 good items; equip them. Then run around to all your Control Points and nab whatever you can out of the free loot rooms. After that you can do pretty much whatever you want. Bounties, DZ & Missions all drop a decent amount of loot. We used to think you had to have your highest Gear Score items equipped to get higher GS drops, but this no longer seems to be the case. So long as it is in your inventory you "should" be good. Testing on this has honestly given mixed results.

Hm, yeah I didn't touch Vendors (TBH i just always assumed they had crap gear). Doing nothing but Hard/Challenge stuff got my drops to 500 pretty quickly, quicker than I was expecting. Almost to the point of thinking "really? that was it?".

I'm at the point where i'm trying to figure out what to do. Missions I can do outside of Heroic, Bounties are the same (at least got through one Heroic one though). I have the Chatterbox, Liberty, Merciless, Pestilence and one more piece until I have the Nemesis sniper. I have a few hunter masks but can't be bothered to get any more, especially seeing what the reward was.

So usually at this point in a game, I have to ask myself if I find the core gameplay fun? Like, is shooting dudes actually scratching that itch? As for the loot, I have a sharpshooter build that works for me and TBH trying to think about making another one with the appalling inventory management is a little overwhelming. So any new gear loot that I get, unless its a marginal upgrade from a piece I already have, It gets marked as junk and sold.

I'm beginning to see what the actual endgame might be outside of the raid and that's basically playing spreadsheets to min/max gear so you can do marginally better all the time. If that's the case, I can't see myself playing this game long term but I'm excited to at least get the raid done.

like this
Played the shit out of the game these past few days and just hit WT5.

It was kinda sad how quick and easy WT2-Wt4 was. I spent most of the time just rushing with a lmg. 5 seems a little bit tougher at least.

I just wish I could use the crafting bench since mine is stuck at 200 and I can't upgrade it. Makes gearing up a big pain.

Is yours bugged? You should be able to upgrade at the table (should be an option on the bottom left after you open the crafting bench menu - should say press 'X' to upgrade). The only issue I ever had was not having enough of the required resources\materials to upgrade - it will tell you what you're lacking.

*edited for typos...probably missed a few more..; )*

Hm, haven't touch the crafting bench yet except to make weapon attachments. What's the benefit over the abundance of gear you get just playing? I made sure to upgrade it fully a while back.

Is yours bugged? You should be able to upgrade at the table (should be an option on the bottom left after you open the crafting bench menu - should say press 'X' to upgrade). The only issue I ever had was not having enough of the required resources\materials to upgrade - it will tell you what you're lacking.

*edited for typos...probably missed a few more..; )*

I am one of the lucky people that can't upgrade because the prompt is bugged. I am stuck at blue 200 level junk. Apparently its been a known issue for a while now. I can't even pick up 90% of the stuff I find since all my crafting supplies is maxed out.

Criccio - I don't think there is an advantage - just when leveling up it was nice to be able to make a new weapon now and then...but for the most past yeah - I mainly crafted attachments.

Although I am hoping that there will be some nice rare blueprints we can work with.

LoL - I keep adding on - just remembered the legendary stuff like Chatterbox is crafted from a blueprint right? I don't have it yet...but I think that's how these things work...and if you got them early on...you are\were able to level them with you (remake them at a higher lvl).

Ryan5508 - That sucks! Not sure if this would even work - but have you tried having a friend log in as you and try to upgrade your table?

I have only played for a few hours, and am level two. Should I be deconstructing drops or selling them? Will I be better off crafting or buying gear? Should I get some amount of credits saved up before deconstructing in case something really good shows up in a shop?

I was doing about 1/2 of both deconstructing and selling for a while until I was full on mats. Early on some of the items you can make will help you level - but then if you're lucky - you will be getting good drops that will surpass what you can make. I'm sure that is confusing - LoL - basically play it by ear. If you just hit a new ilvl - I think I would just purchase a new gun if it was much better than what I had. If you just help clear Control Points - you can farm them for armor\weapons - then make your way to them daily. Airdrops are another good source of weapons and armor (oh and of paints and mods).

This map is awesome! maybe hit the tunnels early for keys...and try to save some of them up...like for Chatterbox.

https://division2map.com/

like this
I was doing about 1/2 of both deconstructing and selling for a while until I was full on mats. Early on some of the items you can make will help you level - but then if you're lucky - you will be getting good drops that will surpass what you can make. I'm sure that is confusing - LoL - basically play it by ear. If you just hit a new ilvl - I think I would just purchase a new gun if it was much better than what I had. If you just help clear Control Points - you can farm them for armor\weapons - then make your way to them daily. Airdrops are another good source of weapons and armor.

This map is awesome! maybe hit the tunnels early for keys...and try to save some of them up...like for Chatterbox.

https://division2map.com/
That map looks helpful and overwhelming.

So All I have left is the strongholds.. So far I would say Div 1 > Div 2.
1. Div 2 is really easy compared to 1
2. Weapon mods in div 2 i didn't even touch. I understand they wanted balance but..no reason for me to use them.
3. Seems unless I abolsutely spec for skill power, mods are unusable. Div 1 you could at least use the stuff.
4. SUPER glad I added lots of lootables in 2. That wasn't one of my biggest complaints in 1.
5. Div 2 seems shorter and the map seems smaller to me.
6. I miss Div 1s dark zone. least you could solo and have some pretty epic fights.
7. AI is still utter trash, it might even be worse in 2 than 1.
8. I hate the map in 2. Lootables are difficult to find on it and some stuff doesn't even disappear, like the echos, so I have NO IDEA what I've collected already.

it seems like step backwards to me. When I finish it chances are I won't touch it again. I played div 1 for ages after finishing the story part of it.

So i'm well past the initial run of the Strongholds and have completed them on Challenge difficulty as well as Invaded (not all are available as Invaded yet) so i have some thoughts and counterpoints for you to consider.

1. Div 2 is really easy compared to 1
The base world, even in Tier 5 is extremely easy, no doubt. Challenge/Heroic missions, however, are not IMO.
2. Weapon mods in div 2 i didn't even touch. I understand they wanted balance but..no reason for me to use them.
The original version before they removed the negatives felt bad IMO. I hated having to agree to nerf a stat just to increase another. Its not fun. Now, the base positive is lower and there is no negative. I'm OK with this.
3. Seems unless I abolsutely spec for skill power, mods are unusable. Div 1 you could at least use the stuff.
This i'm not feeling at all. I have basically no skill power but I couldn't live without my Chem Launcher.
4. SUPER glad I added lots of lootables in 2. That wasn't one of my biggest complaints in 1.
5. Div 2 seems shorter and the map seems smaller to me.
6. I miss Div 1s dark zone. least you could solo and have some pretty epic fights.
7. AI is still utter trash, it might even be worse in 2 than 1.
8. I hate the map in 2. Lootables are difficult to find on it and some stuff doesn't even disappear, like the echos, so I have NO IDEA what I've collected already.
Only thing I can say here is I just ignore Echo's for the most part. What's the point again?

like this
Oh wow. I didn't even know they changed #2....I never bothered to even look because it didn't appeal to me at the start.

the echo thing was just to do the collections and collect everything. I did all t hat in Div 1. probably don't in this one.

How does progress saving work? I am on the second main mission to kill a boss on some roof. I kept going up and getting closer to the roof, but then stopped for the day. Now it is starting me back at the settlement with all of my progress toward the mission lost.

How does progress saving work? I am on the second main mission to kill a boss on some roof. I kept going up and getting closer to the roof, but then stopped for the day. Now it is starting me back at the settlement with all of my progress toward the mission lost.

you have to finish the misssion before you quit. Missions have respawn points if you die during it but if you quit the game 99% through it you start over.

not quite true. The server will keep up your session some some short period of time. Logging back in will put you back in to the mission with your group. generally the gameplay loop consists of repeating missions. they are sources of enemies and enemies produce drops and xp. rinse & repeat.

for those working on getting your gearscore up, you can find gear, or better upgrade stats on lots of gear. the stats will show the gs change. you can probably add 15 levels each

not quite true. The server will keep up your session some some short period of time. Logging back in will put you back in to the mission with your group. generally the gameplay loop consists of repeating missions. they are sources of enemies and enemies produce drops and xp. rinse & repeat.

for those working on getting your gearscore up, you can find gear, or better upgrade stats on lots of gear. the stats will show the gs change. you can probably add 15 levels each

It must work different for solos because i was never able to start where i left off during a mission

try going into the no-respawn area, press alt-f4 and sign back in immediately. it put me back both solo and also within a group when my game crashed.

like this
try going into the no-respawn area, press alt-f4 and sign back in immediately. it put me back both solo and also within a group when my game crashed.

Just in case you didn't know, /quit in the chat will quit to desktop immediately. Super happy when I read that. Also /leave will leave a group immediately.

like this
Back