The Division 2

Good to run with you guys tonight. I'm going to have to try that LMG build out. The M60 has been a great weapon to use so far.

HardOCP Clan group photo #2 (from left to right); amarvin125, SereLaw, Frraksurred & jmaker

D2_OCP2.jpg

--

Forum Name - Uplay Name

ghostwich - ghostwich
GOD'SlittleSERVANT - demgainzz
Frraksurred - Frraksurred
jmaker - jmaker
jiminator - jiminatorX
Porter_ - AnArrogantMoose
VF31Tomcatters - Agent_BauerCTU
Harvestor - harvest0r
Smutacus - Ole_Smutty
CrimsonKnight13 - CrimsonKnight13
Kettchxxii - Kettchxxii
primetime - primetime2010
Q-BZ - erwem576
Sodapopjones - OctaneRebel
TheCur - LtJames.EGG
Someoneelse - Equ1n0cks
Mylex - TheBlack_Hamm3r
Ferdjones - ferdjones
Xerack - Xerack07
Zetachi - Zeta_Chi
Kvothe - TheKurgan57
AthlonXP - CSHawkeye81
amarvin125 - amarvin250
BassTek - BassTekCA
FrEaKy - Insomnibyte
LOCO LAPTOP – LOCOLAPTOP
Stryderxx – Stryderxx
azrael.arach - azrael1811
LeXXon - LeXXon21
Denpepe - Denpepe
Crispy02 - Crispy001
FearTheCow - FearTheCow
acairman-acairman
Superjoe - Superjoe555
HeYSNipES - HeySNipES
Ragenrok - ragenrok
Viivo - eruditefacade
Jonathanp96 - Boggy1976
Brackle - Bracklez
Horrorshow - lqdhorror
CPCEleet - spykedchris
Armenius - ArmeniusLOD
Serelaw - WetDogBreath
Squishy - SJSquishy
Derangel - Derang3l
ashmelev75 - Noobies247
dvsman - themaker387
smokin9 - sm0kin9
Jabroni31169 - Jab31169
NeoBattleDroid - NeoBattleDroid

Last edited:
I hate being on my 5 days on and not being able to play.

Just hit 21 and feel like I am playing at a turtles pace

I have had my game crash. I logged back in and I was at the last checkpoint. Did they change that or something?

I know that there is a mission where I'm blocked after a DC, need to go back in and blow myself up and see if that will put me back where I was, can't get tehre as the doors that an NPC opens forme are closed and the NPC is gone.

Had better luck on a different mission where I did end up near where I was b4 a DC.

I had to kill myself in the morgue. The door closed as I was walking up to it. Died and it re-spawned me on the other side. After I had run around for almost 15 mins hoping it would open by me leaving.

Now that Im 500 across the board, I'm diving into optimizing my Rifle/Marksman build and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, optimizing of gear is a convoluted mess.

Plus side, I decided to check the Vendor in the White House and he had a blueprint to upgrade my Chatterbox to 500. It required 1 Exotic Component of which I happened to have 4 from dismantling my 440 Chatterbox and Liberty.

So, if you're wondering how to get your Chatterbox or any exotic to 500, check the vendor when you walk into the White House.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For some reason I thought 490 was the cap but sure enough I'm seeing 500 and even saw a 505 so I'm guessing 500 is a "soft cap" ?

For some reason I thought 490 was the cap but sure enough I'm seeing 500 and even saw a 505 so I'm guessing 500 is a "soft cap" ?

Yeah. I have no idea how but I used the optimization station to move a talent to a piece of gear I wanted to use and it also upgraded the gear score on it to 515. The whole system is just strange.

@ 485 with patchwork trash gear. Getting higher seems slow going.

I guess I felt the opposite. Running Hard/Challenge mode missions and Bounties seemed to really drop high level gear quickly.

Haven't tried Heroic yet.... I'm scared!

Hook up with one of the guys already 500 plus and just have them drop everything for you. You’ll be capped out on gs then just start recalling and farming for the real pieces. I had no trouble clearing anything with hodge podge gear. After a few bounties and cp3s, had all 495 and up stuff, then most everything dropped at higher gs and recalling synched the deal after a few decent rolled 510s. Then forget about gs completely and move onto your build.

Edit: Sorry, meant to replay to jim.

Just for clarity I'm on the far right. We need to do that again because I still need a lot of Blueprints from the Control Points.

Fixed, thank you! Also, I figured out how to get the Emote to work while in Photo Mode, so the next one will be better.

I hate being on my 5 days on and not being able to play.

Just hit 21 and feel like I am playing at a turtles pace

It's easy to fall into feeling that way, but it isn't a race. Enjoy it, the leveling up is still one of the best parts of the game.

Plus side, I decided to check the Vendor in the White House and he had a blueprint to upgrade my Chatterbox to 500. It required 1 Exotic Component of which I happened to have 4 from dismantling my 440 Chatterbox and Liberty.

So, if you're wondering how to get your Chatterbox or any exotic to 500, check the vendor when you walk into the White House.

Be careful not to do this actually, the Upgrade Blueprint requires the 490 or lower Exotic in order to craft the Upgrade.

If you Recalibrate an Attribute on your Gear, rather than a Talent; such as "Weaponn Damage" or "Health on Kill", you can raise Gear Score up to 515, even a bit higher if it's already over 500 when you start. This only works on weapons if you recal their single Attribute instead of their Talent. (IE: "Damage out of Cover" on LMG's) and the increase is not as dramatic.

@ 485 with patchwork trash gear. Getting higher seems slow going.

I had to recal some Gear to get my GS over 500 before I was getting consistent 500 or near drops (see my reply to Q-BZ above). I've 3 to 4 pieces now that are 511-515, and my GS is 503 currently.

Last edited:
I figured it out. The easy method is just to recalibrate items, check the different possibilities until you find the one that gives the highest GS. Loot drops no longer work since GS is always based on the player.

I crafted a 490 version then used the upgrade blueprint to upgrade it to 500.

In your first post, it sounded like you deconstructed your Chatterbox, but now it sounds like you Deconstructed a 440, and then crafted a 490? Either way, my point was you need a Chatterbox 490 or lower to craft a 500 with the Upgrade blueprint. If you do not have the crafting materials to craft a 490, don't deconstruct your only Chatterbox! You need it for the Upgrade.

On a side note, if you need Exotic crafting materials, the Pestilence drops in the Occupied Dark Zone (any DZ, but highest drop rate in ODZ). It sucks, so most players are farming it for its parts.

Last edited:
I figured it out. The easy method is just to recalibrate items, check the different possibilities until you find the one that gives the highest GS. Loot drops no longer work since GS is always based on the player.

One trick I figured out is to multi-recalibrate. So if you have a piece with 3.5% CHC, and the cap for that piece is 4.5%, then recal it to 4% first, and then to 4.5% a second time. This takes some trash pieces with the Attributes you need, and all the crafting materials, but if you're after the highest GS, it will maximize it for you.

In your first post, it sounded like you deconstructed your Chatterbox, but now it sounds like you Deconstructed a 440, and then crafted a 490? Either way, my point was you need a Chatterbox 490 or lower to craft a 500 with the Upgrade blueprint. If you do not have the crafting materials to craft a 490, don't deconstruct your only Chatterbox! If you need Exotic crafting materials, the Pestilence drops in the Occupied Dark Zone. It sucks, so most players are farming it for its parts.

So, all this centers around none of this being explained anywhere clearly in game.

Originally, prior to WT5, I farmed for and crafted a 440 Chatterbox and Liberty. No idea why when I was 450, it dropped at 440. And I say farmed, but i just ran the required missions and opened the required Hyena chests.

Anyway, WT5 releases and my 440 Chatterbox is clearly underleveled and I had no idea how to increase its level. Again, not explained anywhere. So, I think i'm never going to use a 440 gun so I might as well just dismantle it thinking maybe I'll get the parts back I need and re-craft it. Nope, I only get generic Exotic Components. No idea what to do with them. (also dismantled my Liberty) I ended up with 4x Exotic Components.

I decided the other night to re-run the missions with the Hyena chests to get the parts to re-craft it at 490 assuming that Exotics were always just going to be 10 lower than you max. I just so happened to have a buddy at this time say that there was a Blueprint at the vendor in the White House that sold an upgrade and it required 1x Exotic Component. Perfect. I purchased it and made it 500.

Had I known at the time that I could have made my 440 > 500 with that Blueprint, I wouldn't have dismantled it, however then I might not have found out how to get exotic components.

its a love/hate right now with all this trial and error for how this game works, lol.

So, all this centers around none of this being explained anywhere clearly in game.

Originally, prior to WT5, I farmed for and crafted a 440 Chatterbox and Liberty. No idea why when I was 450, it dropped at 440. And I say farmed, but i just ran the required missions and opened the required Hyena chests.

Anyway, WT5 releases and my 440 Chatterbox is clearly underleveled and I had no idea how to increase its level. Again, not explained anywhere. So, I think i'm never going to use a 440 gun so I might as well just dismantle it thinking maybe I'll get the parts back I need and re-craft it. Nope, I only get generic Exotic Components. No idea what to do with them. (also dismantled my Liberty) I ended up with 4x Exotic Components.

I decided the other night to re-run the missions with the Hyena chests to get the parts to re-craft it at 490 assuming that Exotics were always just going to be 10 lower than you max. I just so happened to have a buddy at this time say that there was a Blueprint at the vendor in the White House that sold an upgrade and it required 1x Exotic Component. Perfect. I purchased it and made it 500.

Had I known at the time that I could have made my 440 > 500 with that Blueprint, I wouldn't have dismantled it, however then I might not have found out how to get exotic components.

its a love/hate right now with all this trial and error for how this game works, lol.

I crafted my chattrbox when wt5 hit and it came up 490. Going to have to get that blueprint. On another note has anyone noticed a lot more bugs lately?

Feels like I'm getting way more than just a couple weeks ago. Just had a ghost suicide bomber attack me the other day.

Since the patch man i have been crashing a lot. My wife and I both have had some issues.

But, I am digging this patch a TON!

So, Pestilence just dropped for me from a random DZ Landmark boss. The damage seems.. low? Not gonna get a chance to play with it until tomorrow.

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Screenshot 2019.04.08 - 22.35.46.82 (Large).png

Well yeah, hence why I said that. I have plenty of LMGs with similar damage.

They must be really banking on the perks being useful but I doubt it.

Only exotic so far I really enjoy having around is Liberty.

Some of the passives are ok. the chatterbox for example. The rifle with the dual action trigger has a chance to 5% chance to proc explosions. I can see it proc at times.

So, Pestilence just dropped for me from a random DZ Landmark boss. The damage seems.. low? Not gonna get a chance to play with it until tomorrow.

View attachment 153551
I read that this weapon is really gear toward PvP player only. The base damage is not not good for PvE.

I finally got to WT5 last night and GS449. I went to do my "world tour" which i call when i go to control point i own and loot the crates there. I seem to have hit a cap in getting higher gear from those. I think it caps out at 450 for world drops and you have to start farming hard missions for better gear? Does that seem right or did i just run into some bad luck RNG?

I read that this weapon is really gear toward PvP player only. The base damage is not not good for PvE.

I finally got to WT5 last night and GS449. I went to do my "world tour" which i call when i go to control point i own and loot the crates there. I seem to have hit a cap in getting higher gear from those. I think it caps out at 450 for world drops and you have to start farming hard missions for better gear? Does that seem right or did i just run into some bad luck RNG?

At this point, the only thing I really did to level up gear was Hard/Challenge missions (I used Matchmaking to get a group quickly). I focused on the ones required for the Daily/Weekly projects though those are disabled at the moment. The Invaded mission as well which I believe this week is still Capitol Hill. Make sure you actually toggle it to Invaded.

If you're lucky, someone already at max GS will drop some 500 gear for you and it'll bump you up quick.

At this point, the only thing I really did to level up gear was Hard/Challenge missions (I used Matchmaking to get a group quickly). I focused on the ones required for the Daily/Weekly projects though those are disabled at the moment. The Invaded mission as well which I believe this week is still Capitol Hill. Make sure you actually toggle it to Invaded.

If you're lucky, someone already at max GS will drop some 500 gear for you and it'll bump you up quick.
That's what I think is true. I seems like the world drop gs limit is 450, the hard/challenging missions are max cap. Maybe max level control points? I have ahd a pretty fliud build through out between ARs, SMGs, and LMG. The staple of my build is the LMG though because I speced into that with Demo. Still love this story and how everything is playing out.

That's what I think is true. I seems like the world drop gs limit is 450, the hard/challenging missions are max cap. Maybe max level control points? I have ahd a pretty fliud build through out between ARs, SMGs, and LMG. The staple of my build is the LMG though because I speced into that with Demo. Still love this story and how everything is playing out.

Just like in the lower tiers, in WT5 as your gear score rises so will the open world drops (cases). First thing when I phased into WT5 was to go pick up the high GS score junk off the all the vendors (don't forget the DZ vendors) and equip it, fast and easy GS bump. It took me a couple hours of misc activities to get up near 500 and I didn't worry at all about the build synergy and used the best GS weapons I could find. Really only slowed me down a little bit. At that point, everything was dropping high enough GS to not matter and I've been rebuilding different set ups for the different situations I like to switch around to. When my buddies logged in later that night, I basically dropped everything I wasn't going to immediately equip (which was most of what I picked up). Did not take long at all. Just get the GS up in the 490+ range and forget about it. At that point there isn't enough of a difference to worry about it beyond your talents and specific build attributes. We were 500ish by the end of the evening that first night and now have been working on builds that last couple days. Just for reference we, screw around and BS a lot during a gaming session so it's not even like we were non-stop farming.

Weird, I don't think I touched control points once I got to WT5 at all. Hard/Challenge Missions and Bounties (pretty sure I did a Heroic bounty last night too) was enough to get me bouncing off the 500 soft cap pretty quickly, as in two play sessions.

I've been dabbling with optimizing my Rifle/Marksman Rifle build and loving it. Glasscannon but It feels real good to chunk down Elites and Named bosses. I think i may have gotten the hang of optimizing equipment and figured out how I got my gloves to 515.

I don’t know if there is any legitimacy to this but I keep two loadouts on my character:
1) the gear I optimized in WT4 with specific attributes and talents I wanted for my build
2) random pieces made up of the highest gear score items I’ve found

I never use the second loadout, I only keep it on my character so the game will drop high gear score pieces. Then I upgrade the first loadout as better pieces drop that fit my build. I don’t know if the game considers the pieces in your stash when it determines the gear score that drops for you, which would make my second loadout unnecessary. So again I don’t know if there’s any legitimacy to what I’m doing. I suppose I could run a couple test runs with/without to see.

I don’t know if there is any legitimacy to this but I keep two loadouts on my character:
1) the gear I optimized in WT4 with specific attributes and talents I wanted for my build
2) random pieces made up of the highest gear score items I’ve found

I never use the second loadout, I only keep it on my character so the game will drop high gear score pieces. Then I upgrade the first loadout as better pieces drop that fit my build. I don’t know if the game considers the pieces in your stash when it determines the gear score that drops for you, which would make my second loadout unnecessary. So again I don’t know if there’s any legitimacy to what I’m doing. I suppose I could run a couple test runs with/without to see.

Frraksurred spoke on this earlier in the thread. Its based on the gear you have equipped that determines your GS drop level.

Correct. Like Jiminator mentioned, you don't have to do them all over again each world tier however. You do two invaded missions and one stronghold per WT. They will be dark red on your map and the Stronghold will show which missions in its requirements. You can run around to any available Control Points and Vendors to find a few pieces of Gear to help increase your GS quickly, maybe do some side stuff, and then you'll get drops during the missions also. The Stronghold will have a GS requirement before you can play it. One tip: before opening Chests, always equip your highest GS items. The loot pool looks at your EQUIPPED GEAR only to determine what level it should drop at. I've tested this myself.

This is how every time I changed my WT I was able to power level to unlock the next mission in about a hour or so. Get a new piece and swap it out with the lower just for the sake of upping my gear score. When I get closer to the GS cap then I will start my build. Right now I run highest gear when doing a tour of captured control points.

I honestly don't know about the inventory. It makes sense it would not work that way. Going through the world tiers and the more difficult content, I just never had much of a problem tossing on whatever I picked up and the experience getting to know the different talents and guns has helped sort through stuff I know I don't care for. Honestly it just seems about level of careful required and the amount of time required to complete an activity in the more difficult scenarios rather than something being impossible or not. Most fun I think I've had is screw up a CP3 to a CP4 working through it in a fresh spec with no points spent and having all off the wall skills.

EDIT: Ah, there it is.

Frraksurred spoke on this earlier in the thread. Its based on the gear you have equipped that determines your GS drop level.

If by equipped you mean actually wearing, and not just in your character’s backpack, that can’t be right. My equipped loadout is ~GS 465 and my non-equipped loadout is ~GS 495. I get drops generally in the 488-503 range.

Back