The Division 2

Too cool to not share. (not mine btw)

shd desk.jpg

As confirmed by UbiAmper on the official Ubisoft Division forums:

As part of the Kenly College Expedition cycle, it will close on August 13th, but will return with a new cycle later this year. Make sure to grab the elusive Diamondback rifle while it's still available!

Almost no-one is talking about this so I thought I'd post this here for visibility. If you haven't gotten your Diamondback or your keychains, now is the time!

Just a heads up for those that are still playing and haven't completed the expedition . And don't forget the 3 backpack key chains too.

As confirmed by UbiAmper on the official Ubisoft Division forums:

As part of the Kenly College Expedition cycle, it will close on August 13th, but will return with a new cycle later this year. Make sure to grab the elusive Diamondback rifle while it's still available!

Almost no-one is talking about this so I thought I'd post this here for visibility. If you haven't gotten your Diamondback or your keychains, now is the time!

Just a heads up for those that are still playing and haven't completed the expedition . And don't forget the 3 backpack key chains too.

Hope everyone is picking up on this. Expeditions will be going away after the 13th and not returning "until later this year". So if you haven't gotten your Diamondback yet, you better get on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Hope everyone is picking up on this. Expeditions will be going away after the 13th and not returning "until later this year". So if you haven't gotten your Diamondback Shotgun yet, you better get on it.

It's a rifle :p, thinking of going for a 2nd one on an alt just for the hell of it, but it's kind of annoying, not a big fan of these expeditions.

So... I haven't played much lately because of schedule & waiting for the loot system to get reworked. Spending all my time managing inventory, and deconstructing or "looting as junk" everything that drops because nothing of worth drops anymore (and the Vendors at max level are all crap) was making me hate the game. However, now that Skill builds are more viable again, I've developed an interest in experimenting with one. I'd saved SO MUCH crap "just in case", that I already had a couple of the pieces I might need. Having the last couple days off, I started doing some research on what is good right now. Here are a few videos I found useful. Probably old news for most of you, but in the event anyone else finds them useful, I'd like to save you some leg work.

Good overview on Skill Talents and Perks, though I thought he missed at least one (Perpetuation on AR's)

Capri pretty much invented the self healing Skill build in Div 1 that you could solo the hardest content with. His solo Incursion and Challenging mission vids put him on the map back then, and I still refer to him when it comes to Skill builds

If you 'do it all' and like a Hybrid build that you can fairly easily adapt back and forth for PvE, PvP, solo, group, etc. than take a look at this guys build.

You'll see a lot of common ground between these builds, primarily the BTSU gloves (that I STILL do not have), but there are variations depending on whether you want the Skills to do 90% of the work, or you still want some weapon damage; if you're building them around Status Effects, going for a Squad Healer build, or want the biggest, baddest Seeker Mines in the game. It is nice to see there is some variety within this sub-set, and our Skill Mods can FINALLY get some use. Have fun, and I hope this is helpful for someone.

like this
It's a rifle :p, thinking of going for a 2nd one on an alt just for the hell of it, but it's kind of annoying, not a big fan of these expeditions.

Don’t bother it’s one per account. I ran through the expeditions again on my alt character, with the Diamondback I got from my primary character equipped, and didn’t get a second Diamondback. Figured it was because I had the Diamondback in my inventory so I ran through them again on another alt account only to figure out it’s one per account. The exception is if you happen to get lucky and get one from one of the loot rooms in the expeditions. I also thought the expeditions were more annoying than fun. The audio logs were interesting though. Anyway don’t bother going back through if it’s just for a chance at another Diamondback.

Don’t bother it’s one per account. I ran through the expeditions again on my alt character, with the Diamondback I got from my primary character equipped, and didn’t get a second Diamondback. Figured it was because I had the Diamondback in my inventory so I ran through them again on another alt account only to figure out it’s one per account. The exception is if you happen to get lucky and get one from one of the loot rooms in the expeditions. I also thought the expeditions were more annoying than fun. The audio logs were interesting though. Anyway don’t bother going back through if it’s just for a chance at another Diamondback.

Good to know, I already redid one wing with an alt, may finish the thing just for the hell of it, it's gone tomorrow.

like this
I was hoping the Expedition areas would have a more mysterious feeling instead of a rehash of missions. Wound up being fairly frustrating & disappointing but I still had fun playing with a friend.

Not sure what Massive is up to. They've not made much of it very compelling or "replay-ably" fun.

I did finish the expedition again, and as stated by Porter, no 2nd diamondback, but this time I took more time to find the trophies and the loot rooms (not that any loot was worth keeping).

like this
The Kently College expedition was mostly forgettable. Can't say it'll be missed now that it's gone.

like this
I finally gave the diamondback a try on my rifle wielding alt and it does hit pretty hard, almost sniper rifle like, the slow reloads and small magazine are a bit of a pain at times, but it's cool to one shot basic mobs.

You're right. I was in a hurry last night. ;)

I called it a Shotgun the first time too. It looks like a classic under / over barrel with a pistol grip. How many Rifles do you know have Pistol grips? It's a custom, I know, but from a functionality standpoint (from a guy and owns and routinely shoots a variety of firearms), it's a stupid custom. It would have shit accuracy & be uncomfortable to shoot from a weight and ergonomic standpoint. As a Shotgun however, it would be cool AF. :LOL:

I called it a Shotgun the first time too. It looks like a classic under / over barrel with a pistol grip. How many Rifles do you know have Pistol grips? It's a custom, I know, but from a functionality standpoint (from a guy and owns and routinely shoots a variety of firearms), it's a stupid custom. It would have shit accuracy & be uncomfortable to shoot from a weight and ergonomic standpoint. As a Shotgun however, it would be cool AF. :LOL:
To be Devil's advocate one of the most popular rifle's in the US has a pistol grip.....the AR-15. ;):)

To be Devil's advocate one of the most popular rifle's in the US has a pistol grip.....the AR-15. ;):)

Not without a stock, which I suppose I should have clarified. No rifle I know of has a pistol grip alone (like the Diamondback), because you could not effectively steady your shot and there is a good chance you would break your wrist. Even shooting target rounds through my AR is roughly 3x the force of firing a 9mm pistol. Maybe you could get away with it on a .22, but you shoot a 5.56, .308 or any other standard Rifle caliber without a stock and you better have a death grip on it. Even if you avoided injury I doubt you would ever attempt it a second time.

Not without a stock, which I suppose I should have clarified. No rifle I know of has a pistol grip alone (like the Diamondback), because you could not effectively steady your shot and there is a good chance you would break your wrist. Even shooting target rounds through my AR is roughly 3x the force of firing a 9mm pistol. Maybe you could get away with it on a .22, but you shoot a 5.56, .308 or any other standard Rifle caliber without a stock and you better have a death grip on it. Even if you avoided injury I doubt you would ever attempt it a second time.
I guess I never really looked at the diamondback that much to realize it didn't have a stock. Yes that is quite odd.

Even shooting target rounds through my AR is roughly 3x the force of firing a 9mm pistol.

I find this surprising- while there is significantly more force exerted with 5.56mm, there are also significant damping forces at work with AR-15s as well.

Of course, I've yet to try freehanding an AR-15 ;)

I find this surprising- while there is significantly more force exerted with 5.56mm, there are also significant damping forces at work with AR-15s as well.

Of course, I've yet to try freehanding an AR-15 ;)

Agreed, the gas system absorbs some force to 'recock' the weapon, plus a good compensator will help direct the recoil more straight back rather then muzzle up. Still, if you look at the Diamondback, its grip is more like holding a flashlight than a pistol grip. The recoil would drive the weapon back under your palm and out of your hand, instead of into your palm where you could control it better. It would be awkward, it would hurt, and you could easily lose control of your firearm. I mean, this is a video game so who cares, but going back to our original discussion, looking at it resembles a metric butt tonne more short barrel Shotguns than Rifles. It hits fairly hard and has decent Talents, so I'm using it no matter what it is, I just found it funny as an amateur gun enthusiast.

Well I finally, finally, freakin' FINALLY got the BTSU Data Gloves today. I had roughly 80 hrs into trying to get these things. Got to mess around with them for a couple hours before needing to head to bed. Three of us played several Heroic Invaded missions, which didn't really feel like Heroic. Wasn't a cake walk, but didn't require much effort either.

My Build is actually pretty decent, so I may update with screens & details after work. Haven't had much fun in this game for a while, so this was a breath of fresh air.

EDIT: FRAPS apparently does not like 4k screen shots, so working on a solution.

Last edited:

Joined a clan that does raids every Thurs and Sat.
Raid keys reset every Thurs. You need 5 to open chest.
Got the Exotic M-4 ...Eagle Bearer...first run.
As soon as I get the raid down pat (1/2 way there)
I am coming back and help everyone achieve the Raid.

Last edited:

Joined a clan that does raids every Thurs and Sat.
Raid keys reset every Thurs. You need 5 to open chest.
Got the Exotic M-4 ...Eagle Bearer...first run.
As soon as I get the raid down pat (1/2 way there)
I am coming back and help everyone achieve the Raid.

Sounds great, been wanting to try it, but I can never get enough people together. Watched several videos, but all the instruction gets over-whelming after a while when you can't apply it.

My buddies and I are 4 if you want to try to get a raid group together. If you log and check the [H] clan, you'll see us on most nights until about 11pm EST - Dogfish, Cuttlefish, NeofiteXL and Themaker387 - we normally run as a 4 man most nights doing heroic/challenging bounties / missions or CP4s for loot. We've done everything but the raid.

I was straight rifle build (had the Snake but went back to using Mk17) but am testing out a skill / utility build ATM.

Just leveled my alt to 30, loaded up gear from my main and now running through WT's like a hot knife thru butter :) Had two guys join my squad during one of the missions. I started Tidal Basin and they were nowhere to be seen so as a lark I continued on my own and Solo cleared it in like 10 min. Kinda fun killing red and yellow mobs with a single 415 mag. Mostly just used Burster and Cluster and didn't really need a gun. LOL fun times

Just got this game reinstalled this week since i've been home with the flu. I have no idea what Im doing mostly, game feels so blah when you are just running around with no idea what to do.

They postponed yesterday's SotG last minute, which doesn't bode well. Either they have a big surprise for us, or things are not going well on the fixes. Maybe it's all ETF stuff, we'll have to see.

Anyway, no new news. :oops:

Some new info in the form of a September Livestream schedule.

D2_LS.jpg

Agents!

While the return of State of The Game was postponed to next week, we still wanted to share the contents of the show and detail what you can expect for our upcoming September livestreams. The team is working hard behind the scenes on the next Title Update, and we want to share a schedule with our community.

Elite Task Force Echo is active and underway at Massive in Malmö, Sweden. We received a lot of applications, and the team is very excited to see how engaged the community is with all things ETF!

Currently, the developers are working closely with a group of players selected to represent the various playstyles within the wider The Division community, including PvE, PvP, group play and solo players.

We are presenting some of the changes we have planned and detailing their feedback and suggestions in response to these changes. This workshop is a part of an ongoing effort of community involvement in the future of The Division 2, supplementing our existing feedback channels such as the official forums and the community sub-reddit.

All members of ETF Echo are under NDA, and so they will not be spoiling any of the discussions here at Massive.

There is a strong focus on the health of The Division 2 in these workshops, with some on the changes and improvements being discussed during upcoming State of The Games:

• September 11th—improvements coming to gear and the loot system to make things more interesting for players. We are planning articles discussing these updates in case you miss the livestream.
  • September 18th—Dark Zones and Conflict changes, specifically methods to make the DZ more populated such as changing the matchmaking system. Players can also expect PVP balance and rewards discussions.
  • September 25th—we will focus on the road ahead for The Division 2, providing more information for the future.
We are looking forward to the upcoming livestreams and hope to see everyone there!

Until next time,

/The Division Team

I had heard some rumors floating out from the ETF, but nothing worth posting about yet. Hopefully this means some substantial news is on the way. I'm eager to hear what they have to say about Loot especially.

--

Edit: In addition, the new PC is starting to come together.

Last edited:
Your posts are in gen mayhem and they aren't subscribers.

Didn't realize it was any different than any other thread on these forums. Guess I'll have to remember that. I should be finishing the Build tomorrow, so I'll post some highlights here as well. Didn't want to hi-jack the thread, but oh well.

Back