The Definitive iPad Pro Durability Test

cageymaru

Fully [H]
JerryRigEverything is at it again bending and torturing electronic devices. Today he puts the Apple iPad Pro through a durability test that replicates the damage a child could do to the tablet or an adult accidentally sitting on the device. He also probes into the performance of the Apple sapphire glass and notes the weak points found on the all metal casing.

Apple says their New iPad Pro is a magical piece of glass that does everything you need, any way you hold it. (As long as you are gentle of course.) Today we are going to find out how durable Apples new piece of glass really is. How good is the drawing on the iPad? We'll be testing that out with Art Class With Jerry. (Which side did Apple want us to draw on again? I forget...) And finally we will finish off with the New iPad Pro Bend test, this will tell us realistically how much force the iPad Pro can withstand while it is in your backpack or book bag, or while being accidentally sat on.

This just in. 5.9mm thick device bends when.. forcefully bent.

Riveting.

Can't blame Jerry though, his channel got a huge jump in views during the first #bendgate. Gotta keep the train going.

Riveting.

Can't blame Jerry though, his channel got a huge jump in views during the first #bendgate. Gotta keep the train going.
I did t realize it was going to be just a video. Prefer articles. Whatever. I bet my 4-year-old would end any iPad ever made within a day. Between the tile and hardwood floors, stairs, fudgepops, fireplace bricks and stone...iPad has no chance to survive. Make your time, Apple.

Thanks. Feel free to delete. Was just trying to help.
I'd rather have someone tell me it is broken than not tell me and have everyone confused. :) Usually I check over things one last time before posting so give me 2 minutes on the post timer for it to go live on the front page. Again thanks. I don't mind being told something is wrong! :)

if he was just a little more careful all those things breaking wouldn't happen.

rjyoudr.jpg

Riveting.

1) That was not forceful.

2) Apple put literal holes in the frame exactly where they should not have put holes in the frame.

3) Watch his other videos where he puts a lot of force on other thin devices that won't bend it break.

Ofc everyone getting an iPad pro is going to treat it like this....not very realistic but if you sit on it while on a couch then yes.

Anyway, it would never happen to me....I have my iPhone 6s Plus and never had a drop till now - yeas I am really careful with my gear (all my gear from garden tools to high-tech stuff). However, this carefulness somehow happens automatically anymore like muscle memory some how.

Yes they could make it stronger though.

BTW - I have an iPad Air 2 and has been a dog and kids have been using it heavily. It does have a screen protector and cover though.

And they zoom the camera back and the dude has forearms like popeye on roids...

JerryRigEverything hates Apple with a passion, despite the fact that he would be nothing without tearing down and destroying Apple devices. He has become almost unwatchable the last few months since his total hatred of Apple (probably sponsored by a competitor) creeps in to nearly every video he makes, it’s actually uncomfortable to listen to him ranting sometimes, especially as most of what he hates Apple for, the rest of the industry does too, sometimes far worse.

He now comes across as obsessed with hating them to the point of being very clearly biased against them, yet they indirectly pay his bills. Who would have thought that a tablet would bend in half... Only Apple’s can do this, according to him. And his video goes viral, making him a fortune, again, thanks to Apple...

YouTube will quite happily show you that other tablets bend just as easily, since the beginning of the tablet industry. Shock, horror, bore.

JerryRigEverything hates Apple with a passion, despite the fact that he would be nothing without tearing down and destroying Apple devices. He has become almost unwatchable the last few months since his total hatred of Apple (probably sponsored by a competitor) creeps in to nearly every video he makes, it’s actually uncomfortable to listen to him ranting sometimes, especially as most of what he hates Apple for, the rest of the industry does too, sometimes far worse.

He now comes across as obsessed with hating them to the point of being very clearly biased against them, yet they indirectly pay his bills. Who would have thought that a tablet would bend in half... Only Apple’s can do this, according to him. And his video goes viral, making him a fortune, again, thanks to Apple...

YouTube will quite happily show you that other tablets bend just as easily, since the beginning of the tablet industry. Shock, horror, bore.

There was literally nothing in that video biased against apple. That was just his normal durability test that he inflicts on every single piece of hardware and calling out obvious bullshit as obvious bullshit.

There was literally nothing in that video biased against apple. That was just his normal durability test that he inflicts on every single piece of hardware and calling out obvious bullshit as obvious bullshit.

I suggest you actually watch some of his videos, and listen to what he has to say. I love his videos, I subscribe to his channel, and have watched all of them... I stand by what I say.

Last edited:
I suggest you actually watch some of his videos, and listen to what he has to say. I love his videos, I subscribe to his channel, and have watched all of them... I stand by what I say.

I've been watching him for a long time and while what you state is true in some of them, this isn't one of them. It seems you are being way oversensitive and taking any criticism of flaws in apples products as being biased against apple.

I've been subscribed for a year or so now, and he bashes everyone, not just Apple. If someone takes a headphone jack away, he bashes them. If someone makes a structurally weak phone, he bashes them. It isn't JUST Apple. Too many people just hear "This guy said something bad about Apple" and jump to the conclusion that he must hate anything and everything Apple touches.

Back