The Best Mice Thread (ongoing)

I used a Razer Copperhead until it died. Got parts from a friend who had a broken one and fixed mine again. Moved to a Deathadder because I couldn't find anything I liked better after it died again.

Just picked up a SteelSeries MLG Sensei during their Black Friday weekend sale. So far love everything about it. I might just buy another one and put it up as a spare.

Corsair M60

j8o7t2.jpg

Do you guys know if the G9x is discontinued? My normal supplier doesn't have them in stock any more. I need a new one because the left mouse button no longer works properly.

Personal preference, of course, but I love the Steelseries Sensei and Sensei Raw. Excellent, comfortable mice with a low profile, they're great.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you guys know if the G9x is discontinued? My normal supplier doesn't have them in stock any more. I need a new one because the left mouse button no longer works properly.

Oh holy God I hope not! I think the G9 (G9x) is the best mouse ever made! I have a mouse fetish and rotate between several of them but my G9 is my favorite. I think the Deathadder is a little more comfortable but the G9 has a better sensor and just a superb, quality feel to it. I guess I should pick up a G9x just in case to hold in reserve if my 3 year old G9 ever decided to pass away on me.

I just looked and Newegg still has them for $80.

**edit**

There is a Call of Duty edition of G9x and I think that is discontinued.

ya, it's funny. I live in Canada and one of the largest suppliers here (you can guess who) doesn't have any. You can't even search for it on their website. I had a find a link to it through their forums and it states "this product is no longer available". So I checked another company in Edmonton and they don't have them listed either. I guess I should have checked a couple other Canadian sites first.

Maybe Logitech is prepping to release a newer version of the G9x soon.

You should try to see if Logitech will replace yours. They have ALWAYS replaced my mice when they stop working properly, hence why I still use them. Every few years the left button stopped working (common wear-down problem with ALL their mice) and they replaced it, usually with a newer model. Went from an MX518 to a G5 to a G500 over almost a decade for free. They have also done this more recently with my G9 -> G9x.

They don't make perfect mice and there are quite a few things I'd like changed about them, but I will continue to use and buy them simply because of their customer support.

I love my G700, been faithful over the couple years I have had it. I should probably buy a backup for when this one dies.

MX518 is still my favorite.
I bought a G500, but it just doesn't feel as responsive to me for some reason.
I feel like optical is better than laser.
I am on my last backup MX518 too, so that's why I decided to give the G500 a shot. Shame it didn't do it for me. I will probably give it another shot soon.

Oh holy God I hope not! I think the G9 (G9x) is the best mouse ever made! I have a mouse fetish and rotate between several of them but my G9 is my favorite. I think the Deathadder is a little more comfortable but the G9 has a better sensor and just a superb, quality feel to it. I guess I should pick up a G9x just in case to hold in reserve if my 3 year old G9 ever decided to pass away on me.

I just looked and Newegg still has them for $80.

**edit**

There is a Call of Duty edition of G9x and I think that is discontinued.

As Sylon posted, Amazon still has the COD-branded G9x's, and they're considerably cheaper than the non-branded ones. I picked one up because I wanted to save ~$30 and didn't care if it was branded. Works just fine, though a couple months later I'm still trying to flatten out the free mousepad that comes packed in the box. It isn't important though, I bought it for the mouse and saved money.

They're going fast though, if you want it, grab it now.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As Sylon posted, Amazon still has the COD-branded G9x's, and they're considerably cheaper than the non-branded ones. I picked one up because I wanted to save ~$30 and didn't care if it was branded. Works just fine, though a couple months later I'm still trying to flatten out the free mousepad that comes packed in the box. It isn't important though, I bought it for the mouse and saved money.

They're going fast though, if you want it, grab it now.

You too eh?
I just went out and bought a hardpad and I use the pad they gave me underneath it for some padding so the mouse doesn't impact as hard when placed back down.

You too eh?
I just went out and bought a hardpad and I use the pad they gave me underneath it for some padding so the mouse doesn't impact as hard when placed back down.

I have mine under my Steelseries SX hoping it will straighten out. At this rate, I figure it might be OK to use alone by the middle of next year.

So I ordered a Rat7, I was unsatisfied with the tracking (it always felt like small movements weren't possible) and the random spazzes, I boxed it up to return it and ordered the G9x.

G9x was better but still suffered some minor inconveniences with small movements. I saw a string of posts saying G9x is much better on hard mats, so I went out and got a rocketfish and was very satisfied.

Well accidentally missed the RMA deadline for the Rat7 so I took it back out, and it seems MUCH better on the hard pad, now the tracking is almost identical quality to the G9x except it's much more comfortable. One of my #1 issues originally was the weight of the mouse caused it to 'stick' to my cloth pads making small movements impossible. This is a non-issue on the hard pad.

I'm sort of glad to still have it.

I still can't help but feel it has some sort of acceleration built in though? I used the windows7 markC acceleration fix to get rid of it but there's still this funky drifting feel, but it's only really noticeable when I'm using the cursor, not so much in FPS.

Top mice I've used:

Wireless: Logitech G700

Wired: Razer Deathadder 2013

g400 w/ setpoint and use autohotkey for macros/extra features

no thanks razer i don't need mouse DRM

Personal preference, of course, but I love the Steelseries Sensei and Sensei Raw. Excellent, comfortable mice with a low profile, they're great.

That Sensei raw looks great to me.

Do you know what type of switches it uses?

I have been using an Ikari for almos 7 months and I love how it feels and performs but the buttons feel like they are getting a little worn out and the scroll wheel feels a little worn out. I game alot an am hard on my mice.

How durable do the switches on the Sensei Raw feel? Are they nice and clicky?

I

The Raw is a very nice mouse and the clicks have a very solid and quality feel to them. I liked mine for the most part but it was almost too small which is weird considering how much I love my G9 which is tiny itself but the Sesei was a little too short and too narrow. Its not bad though and I still consider it an excellent mouse but if you like bigger mice, you probably dont want one of these.

I picked up a G400 the other day and am really enjoying it. I am still getting used to the feel of the mouse but my initial opinion is the mouse has a solid feel to it, good mouse clicks, and a great sensor. The scroll is a little edgy (not super-smooth), but overall I am impressed.

I use a claw-grip with the mouse and this is the only thing that doesn't seem to work too well with the G400. Like I said, I am still getting used to it but am enjoying it so far.

I have been using a Razer Naga Epic for a little over a year. While it has been a very good mouse, I find that it is a little too small for my hand, and using the thumb keys tends to cause fatigue (a la blackberry thumb). I am looking to upgrade to a larger mouse, and currently am considering the following:

Cyborg R.A.T. 7 (MMO or regular)
Corsair M90
Corsair M60
Logitech G600

Major criteria for me: comfort for large hands (palm grip)
Durability and "feel" (looking for something that "feels" durable. Yeah, I know, subjective).
All appear to offer great functionality. My game of choice is WoW, but I also dabble with SCII and DIII. No FPS.

Thoughts?

I picked up a G400 last night with some Christmas Best Buy gift cards and I have to say I really like this thing. Its a little taller than the DeathAdder but a little shorter than the G500 and that puts it just about right. Not sure its more comfortable than my DA but its pretty damn close. Has a nice quality feel to it too and works with LGS. Definitely a keeper and worth $40.

I've had MX500, MX518, and G9 before trying the SS Sensei and wow. The MX5xx were great as was the G9 but the SSS is amazing. The software customization really allows you to tweak little things if you want to otherwise you can leave it stock.
Great mouse.

The Logitech are also good. I moved to the SSS because my G9 cord started to fail after 5 or 6 years of use. Can't really complain about that.

I've had the logitech Mx518 for about 7 years now and I just moved to the CM storm spawn.

I loved the mx518 for so long but it seems to be wearing out after the years of abuse, it's absolutely amazing it lasted that long it's definitely had [H]ard usage for the last 7 years. My hand has started to hurt recently when using it as well, I think due to how I position my hand on the mouse.

I really like the feel of the storm spawn so far, i'll post more after I've used it for abit but I really like it from the start.

I really wanted to try a mionix mouse but I got the spawn for about 1/2 cost so I had to try it first.

Well after a month of using my Sensei MLG it has replaced my old Deathadder as my favorite mouse. It is very comfortable for me to claw grip. I thought at first I was going to bothered by the slick upper shell but in use I don't really notice it at all. Now I guess I just have to wait and see how well it holds up to continued use.

So I got a Naga Molten for black friday to use in WoW. My G500 is starting to die, so it was good timing, although it still works.

I can not stand the side of it where my ring/pinky are. It is glossy and somewhat of a finger rest, and after a little while of use just doesn't feel right. In fact it's annoying. I've even noticed some build up on it. I wish I had the 2012 naga with the changeable side panels instead, but this was a black friday deal so that's why I got it. I don't have the box or anything anymore, debating tossing it on ebay.

I'm thinking about using this mouse literally only for wow, which isn't crazy often. Or maybe get rid of it. I only use 6 of the thumb buttons at this point in time, but feel I need at least 4-5 keybinds on any mouse.

Any suggestions on what to grab next? I love my G500, but wanted the extra buttons for wow as I had a ton of keybinds bound to the thumb buttons on the G500 (thumb, shift+thumb, ctrl+shift+thumb for example). I was thinking of just grabbing a new death adder, but I'm not sure I wanna drop $70. I've gotten used to the weight and size and feel of the naga, I just want to rip the side of it off. Thinking of putting medical tape on it in the meantime.

So I got a Naga Molten for black friday to use in WoW. My G500 is starting to die, so it was good timing, although it still works.

I can not stand the side of it where my ring/pinky are. It is glossy and somewhat of a finger rest, and after a little while of use just doesn't feel right. In fact it's annoying. I've even noticed some build up on it. I wish I had the 2012 naga with the changeable side panels instead, but this was a black friday deal so that's why I got it. I don't have the box or anything anymore, debating tossing it on ebay.

I'm thinking about using this mouse literally only for wow, which isn't crazy often. Or maybe get rid of it. I only use 6 of the thumb buttons at this point in time, but feel I need at least 4-5 keybinds on any mouse.

Any suggestions on what to grab next? I love my G500, but wanted the extra buttons for wow as I had a ton of keybinds bound to the thumb buttons on the G500 (thumb, shift+thumb, ctrl+shift+thumb for example). I was thinking of just grabbing a new death adder, but I'm not sure I wanna drop $70. I've gotten used to the weight and size and feel of the naga, I just want to rip the side of it off. Thinking of putting medical tape on it in the meantime.

If it's too smooth why not try to sand it?
Just an idea.

I use the Razer Orochi primarily, have had it for a few years and no problems. Took a while to get used to using such a small mouse from a full sized though. I keep being tempted to get another full sized but will probably stick with this one.

After years of using the el cheapo $10-$20 optical mice (mostly plain-jane Logitech), my wife bought me a R.A.T.7 and I have to say, im never going back. No more two-button opticals for me. This is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. I have literally adjusted it to fit my hand exactly. I am still messing with the adjustable weights trying to find the perfect amount. I love Logitech and would buy any of their mice (and keyboards for that matter) but I just can't say enough good things about this mouse.

obligatory MX518 mention. I just cant use other mice. Well I also use the G400 but think that the 518 is still better.

I am liking my Rat 7 comprared many that i have used before

It seems I got a good batch and no problems tho there are known issues

/\ might be a good mouse, i had to go look at it on google images. That probably goes on top 5 ugliest mice of all times. Why did they have to make it seem like its the heart of a TERMINATOR/TATOO machine?

That Sensei raw looks great to me.

Do you know what type of switches it uses?

I have been using an Ikari for almos 7 months and I love how it feels and performs but the buttons feel like they are getting a little worn out and the scroll wheel feels a little worn out. I game alot an am hard on my mice.

How durable do the switches on the Sensei Raw feel? Are they nice and clicky?

I

I've been using my Sensei Raw for about 2 months now (gaming for several hours almost every day) and I can assure you it still feels as good as new. It is very clicky but the scroll wheel feels very light.

My only problem with this mouse is that I have to use it with very clean hands otherwise the rubber becomes shiny wherever my fingers were touching it. Not sure about the glossy Sensei Raw. Even though it bothers me, cleaning it is very easy and can be done with cloth alone.

I like it very much as the rubber is REALLY comfortable and the mouse is overall very solid built. Even thought it is simple looking, it is gorgeous. Matches perfectly a QcK mousepad.

Realized something weird with my mousing I never really paid attention to.

I move my hand in an arcing motion rather than a direct side to side, because that would require a full adjustment of my arm at the shoulder, elbow and wrist.

The Rat7, either by location of the optics or by the nature of them doesn't respond well to these movements where other mice I've had didn't have much problem. I just got done with another PTE mouse that I was having problems with so I'm thinking it could be a sensor thing. My G9x doesn't seem to give much issue, however, but the optics are not only different but located juxtaposed to one side.

Wondering does anyone else move their mouse in arcing motions, rotating the front, or do most people keep it consistently on its axis?

First I would like to tell you that my brother says I am VERY HARD on mice...
With that in mind...

I purchased 2 Logitech G9 mice, both failed within 2 years. Purchased a Logitech G9X to use while I sent the G9 in for replacement under warrenty. They sent 2 G9X as replacements. Now it has ben just over 4 years since I purchased the G9, and all 3 G9X have failed. That is 5 failed mice in around 4 years. (My previous Logitech mice all lasted a good 2 years or more! But I did have a Razer fail in less than a year.)

I am now using the Stealseries Sensi RAW.
But I am now having the problem where it sometime does a double click for a single press of the button. Basically, if I keep my finger on the button and press, it works fine. But if I raise my finger off the putton, do a quick tap, with my finger returning to just above the button, the button will do a double click. And it seems I have a bad habbit of doing this a LOT. Seems I would be simple to just keep my finger on the mouse, but like a lot of habbits, this one seems hard to break. What is more, I have never had this happen with any other mouse (cheap or expensive). But it does it on BOTH the Sensi RAW that I have...

:(

What do you use and why? Razer DeathAdder, because I love the look and the feel and the price.

What are the best mice? Razer mices hands down in my mind so far.

What is the best sensor? I think the blue lazers are lately. not exactly sure what they are called again.

Who makes the best durable mice? Razer. love the durability.

Which brands to stay away from? I'm not a logitech fan. seems cheap and not strong enough of a product to me but that's my feeling.

What are the deal breakers for you? Price and size.

/\ I dont want to tell you you are wrong, but you are wrong.

Logitech are not strong enough. Have you read this thread? My MX510 worked for 8 years, my MX 518 is going strong after 5 as well. I am sorry and I am not trying to be rude, everyone should have their own opinions, but logitech makes some of the best mice in terms of confort, performance and durability.

A lot of people actually complain about razer, I had a razer (some spider name) keyboard and it actually served me good. It still works but it looks like it has been through a war (keys peeling, all scratched because its glossy) but i worked it hard for 4 years and it was refurb so I cant say much about it.

Back