The Best Mice Thread (ongoing)

Logitech G500 with Modified Hot feet on ebay =) Need the Hotfeet along with Q-ck mousepad.

Im using a g9 which I love... I actually sent logitech an email with pictures the other day because my 3 year old g9 grip was peeling off asking where I could purchase a new grip to replace the one that is peeling, and they responded asking me my shipping address and said there would be a new g9x in the mail for me no questions asked..... I was pretty speechless when I saw that....

I went from a MX518 to a Roccat Kone XTD and I absolutely love it. Tons of features, accurate..all you can ask from a mouse.
The technical support is quick to reply too (I tested that from a few companies I was considering).

Very true. Also the wheel feels SOOOO good compared to my MX518...hard to explain but is sort of cushioned and easy to get used to the movement for left and right buttons. :)

Edit: Upon trying it out when I got home last night it is a bit awkward to pick up. If you're just adjusting it on the pad it's fine but if you try to pick it straight up then the right-side is hard to hold onto.

Yea, in addition to the first Amazon review I mentioned, just noticed there's a second review stating the same thing:

The sloping of the right hand side of the mouse is such that you cannot readily pick it up. You end up having to tip the mouse up to a 45 degree angle with your thumb and slide it on its edge.

One huge problem for me, when you lift the mouse your palm come seperated for the mouse and you finger tips start to slip.

This wouldn't completely bother me either, but I recently saw a LinusTechTips video where the NAOS 8200 was shown to be not so great with large hands for palm grip. It may not work for me.

I went from a MX518 to a Roccat Kone XTD and I absolutely love it. Tons of features, accurate..all you can ask from a mouse.
The technical support is quick to reply too (I tested that from a few companies I was considering).

I am always looking for a mouse to go from my mx518/g400 and this seems like it could be a good candidate. I just wish there was no silly graphics on it.

Also, does the wheel click sideways? I absolutely hate when it clicks sideways and in, I just want my wheel to click in (I use it a lot for work and prefer it to do 1 function perfectly instead of 3 functions poorly.

I have just replaced a Sensei for a Roccat Kone Pure and I'm surprised buy the build quality and comfort. I was nervous about the size (smaller than the Sensei) but it's just perfect for me. So far I've tried the following: G500, G9x, DeathAdder, Razer Mamba, R.A.T 7, Sensei and Kone Pure and the Kone will probably remain my main mouse for a while. I would really like to try the XTD but it is currently out of stock at NCI X and not even listed on Newegg (Canada)...

i have heard that the Zowie AM is a awesome fps mouse. what is everyone's experience with them?

pitty extremely hard to source in Australia.

I have just replaced a Sensei for a Roccat Kone Pure and I'm surprised buy the build quality and comfort. I was nervous about the size (smaller than the Sensei) but it's just perfect for me. So far I've tried the following: G500, G9x, DeathAdder, Razer Mamba, R.A.T 7, Sensei and Kone Pure and the Kone will probably remain my main mouse for a while. I would really like to try the XTD but it is currently out of stock at NCI X and not even listed on Newegg (Canada)...

thinking about replacing my Death Adder with the Kone XTD or Sensei.... I've tried Imperator, m60, and g500 and like the DA better than those.

i have heard that the Zowie AM is a awesome fps mouse. what is everyone's experience with them?

Plus one for the Zowie mice I love this coming from a Deathadder/Mamba/Sensei

I cant stop using this Sensei Raw. I want to like my DeathAdder and G9 better but everytime I hook them up, its not too long at all that Im missing this thing. It is easily the most accurate mouse Ive ever used. Not sure if its just a superior sensor or if it just fits my hand so well that I can control it more precisely. Whatever it is, this thing is just a superb mouse and gotta be in the top 1%. A little small so guys that like big chunky mice need not apply but if you like a smaller mouse, I cant think of anything better.

After reading this thread, I decided to try out the Roccat Kone Pure(considered the XTD but ultimately decided to spend less money). Coming from the MX518, I am liking it so far. I love the scroll wheel, and it seems a bit more comfortable.

I will see how it feels after a longer period of use during the weekend but so far it is working out pretty well.

After reading this thread, I decided to try out the Roccat Kone Pure(considered the XTD but ultimately decided to spend less money). Coming from the MX518, I am liking it so far. I love the scroll wheel, and it seems a bit more comfortable.

I will see how it feels after a longer period of use during the weekend but so far it is working out pretty well.

I have the xtd on the way, excited to test it out.

I'm still stuck using my g9 mouse. I don't really have a desire to upgrade my mouse anymore. the keyboard on the other hand is an expensive hobby after i found out how awesome mechanical switches are.

...the keyboard on the other hand is an expensive hobby after i found out how awesome mechanical switches are.

Very expensive... So many options and things to modify...

I've recently taken a liking to spherical keycaps, but finding a full or 37-key set with a color/legend I enjoy is going to be impossible (and ordering a custom set of DSA keys from Signature Plastics directly would be too expensive for me...).

wish it wasn't limited to just green. really dig my new XTD.

I'm too busy playing BF3 to see what colors are flashing on my mouse :D

I had an XTD for about 5 days. Didn't like too many buttons. (two thumb buttons are enough for me)

My OCD requires everything to match on my desk. :) I use the two side buttons and I've found the tilt wheel assignments useful.

I have a Roccat Kone Plus since I couldn't find any Kone Pure nearby. It replaced my Copperhead. Apart from being a bit heavier and larger in size, my hand is adapting and I am already finding myself enjoying using it. Though, I could use a smaller Kone Pure for a hand like mine. Or I can work out my hand to make the feel of using the Kone Plus lighter >.>

Logitech MX-518, dropped countless times and still working great after 6 years. Might not be the best, but definitely very durable.

How is this mouse working for you?

i got the new razer ouroboros few pics 8200 dpi dual locks

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

I've had a Mionix Naos 8200 for two days.

Her body has a soft place for all five of the fingers on my right hand, her weight is neither too heavy nor to light, and my fingers dance upon her smooth velvety skin. She obeys my every touch and slides across our soft cloth bed with an eagerness rarely found in other input peripherals. Her buttons yield to my soft touch with a sharp gasp and snap back instantly as if to say, "Touch me and I will bring a sexy Cherry MX tenkeyless home with me next week". As my finger flicks her round nub up and down she responds with a muted sigh and quivers in anticipation. I can change her speed simply by pressing on a couple of special spots right behind the nub but she's always at the perfect pace anyway. She loves headshots and I'm more than happy to give them to her with a fast yet steadily-paced full-fingered grip. After far too many rounds I gasp and relax as she places me upon the leaderboard. "Another round?" she says. I whisper to her, "We've been at this for hours. I need to leave your mat and seek sleep in my own bed . I'll be back tomorrow." I can see her glowing in the darkness.....already desiring that next moment.

I'm printing this out and hanging it on my wall.

I currently have a Death Adder 3G, RAT 7, and a new G400 that I just bought. The tracking on the Death Adder and G400 is definitely better than the RAT 7 however, the RAT 7's build quality is better and I love the thumb wheel. I just wished Mad Catz used a better sensor than the Philip's twin eye

I'm still using Logitech's G600. I really like it and I don't have any problems with its shape or size and the buttons don't really get in the way even in fast paced shooters. This is coming from the original Razer Mamba which I got tired of after a while.

Steelseries Sensei. I've been using Logitech mice for almost 15 years, and since buying this mouse, I'm in love. The software is simple and great, the features are unsurpassed, the switches are top notch, and the sensor can't be beat. Couple that with perfect shape and sensor placement and great looks, along with a soft woven cord, and I'll never go back.

Goes great with the Steelseries 9HD mouse surface, too. Perfect size and texture.

My vote is split between the Logitech G500 (old) since I used it for so long and Razer Naga Epic (current). Razer just feels more comfortable and yeah it has a lot of buttons on it, but you don't have to use them.

Mionix Naos 8200 unboxing video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K3_mbxJg5I

Slideshow w/ g400 & ikari
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jodiuh/slideshow/Mionix Naos 8200

Mouse cursor was freakin' out on me, but I still had G400 installed along w/ drivers...also, usb ports on my board have been flaky from time to time. After removing g400, drivers, and swapping ports, things seem ok. But I have read about this issue on egg/zon reviews.

Mouse is INSANELY comfortable, lower/wider than Ikari and has pinky rest. LOD is lower than G400 on Razer Scarab (rated 90% w/ surface analyzer). Pads are noticeably thicker and protrude further than G400 and Ikari. At first glance, mouse 4/5 seem a bit out of reach and require too much travel. So far sensor seems fine, but I'm no mouseaphile.

After a month or so of using my Roccat Kone Plus, I feel my hand has mutated to get use to it to the extent that it feels even more comfortable to use oO. I used to have a Razer Copperhead, apart from the slightly worse side button placement, everything else is better!

After using Logitech's peripherals for over a decade, I have been convinced by a fellow member to try out Zowie Gear's mice. The AM or FK are in my opinion some of the best mice that you can get your hands on in terms of performance and build.

After using Logitech's peripherals for over a decade, I have been convinced by a fellow member to try out Zowie Gear's mice. The AM or FK are in my opinion some of the best mice that you can get your hands on in terms of performance and build.

You ever use a G700?

Back