The Best Mice Thread (ongoing)

I bought a new G700, it feels so clunky and different shaped. I am used to the Razer Deathadder/mambas. My old mamba broke which is why it prompted my new purchase. I just picked up a Razer DA 4G, I it comfortable and lighter than my old Mamba, it took a day to get used to but I really like this thing.

just got a cosair m40... still getting used to it.. at first I thought I was going to have to send it back but after a day I am already used to the feel of it.. I have to get used to the shape and how my hand rests on it.. it's growing on me. tracking is amazing.

just got a cosair m40... still getting used to it.. at first I thought I was going to have to send it back but after a day I am already used to the feel of it.. I have to get used to the shape and how my hand rests on it.. it's growing on me. tracking is amazing.
Does your unit have the scroll wheel rattle issue?

Does your unit have the scroll wheel rattle issue?

ahh - good question. it does not, but it does have a weird sound when I back scroll quickly.. like the switch under the wheel is loose.. I might RMA it for that actually.

edit: it seems to be making that sound less... might not bother with the RMA.. the tracking of this mouse is pretty amazing.. it feels more precise than my deathadder with the 3500dpi sensor.

Last edited:
I'm reading this thread and starting to remember all mice I have been through... :)

1. Logitech Mouseman Wheel
2. Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical
3. Logitech MX510
4. Logitech MX518

The MX518 still works, but now I want to replace it, but not sure what to get...

I have a 12 year old IME3.0 at the office I think it's the most reliable bit of computer hardware I have ever purchased... great for everyday mousing.

I have a 12 year old IME3.0 at the office I think it's the most reliable bit of computer hardware I have ever purchased... great for everyday mousing.

That's awesome indeed. I tried the first Intellimouse Explorer that came out in -99, but it couldn't handle very fast movements so went with the legendary Mouseman Wheel. :D

Yeah, it may not track quickly enough for some, but it works fine for my work office pc. the buttons on it feel like they did the day I bought it. crazy!

Went and bought a Roccat Kone XTD today. Will take some time to get the feel and all options.
Had to download drivers from Roccat, unplug and replug the mouse to get it working though.

Went and bought a Roccat Kone XTD today. Will take some time to get the feel and all options.
Had to download drivers from Roccat, unplug and replug the mouse to get it working though.

I've been using the XTD for some time now. I do love it. I still find the DeathAdder to be more ergonomically comfortable though. XTD is better as far as software and quality.

I have a Mionix 8200 arriving today for comparison. I'm excited to see which I prefer.

Back