• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Batman Equation

In 1.4 increments too, was this person going for average size or something or does this person just hate life?
 
In the Dark Knight Rises, Batman will add the TI-83 calculator to his arsenal.

He'll whip that thing out and chuck it at the bad guy, it has serrated blades on both ends of it.

Damn, who knew mathematics could be so deadly?
 
Its been a long time since I took a math class, but that fails the vertical line test so it is not a function! So the batsignal won't do anything :D
 
Well it's not a function with a 1:1 mapping of x/y values ... but it is a valid equation ...
 
Thing is, it goes from first order quadratic (in x and y) to higher order in a discontinous fashion at what looks like x=.707 (on purpose I suppose) and I don't think you can just do that with a combination of absolute signs...
 
and I was just about to correct my self and say at x=1 but instead I realized there is a way to change the "order" of the equation using a combination of abs signs in fraction form. It's probably real. :p
 
As long as it does not involve Christian Bale I am fine with that...
 
and I was just about to correct my self and say at x=1 but instead I realized there is a way to change the "order" of the equation using a combination of abs signs in fraction form. It's probably real. :p

I don't suppose you can borrow a college classroom and explain that equation on youtube?
 
In 1.4 increments too, was this person going for average size or something or does this person just hate life?

I tried to plot it, but all I get is a blank plot in Mathematica. Maybe I made a typo in translating it, or maybe it's too much for it.

Code:
ContourPlot[
 
 ((x/7)^2*Sqrt[Abs[Abs[x] - 3]/(Abs[x] - 3)] + (y/3)^2*Sqrt[
      Abs[y + (3 Sqrt[33])/7]/(y + (3 Sqrt[33])/7)] - 
     1)*(Abs[x/2] - ((3 Sqrt[33] - 7)/112) x^2 - 3 + Sqrt[
     1 - (Abs[Abs[x] - 2] - 1)^2] - 
     y)*(9 Sqrt[
      Abs[(Abs[x] - 1) (Abs[x] - .75)]/((1 - 
         Abs[x]) (Abs[x] - .75))] - 8*Abs[x] - 
     y)*(3*Abs[x] + .75 Sqrt[
      Abs[(Abs[x] - .75) (Abs[x] - .5)]/((.75 - 
         Abs[x]) (Abs[x] - .5))] - 
     y)*(2.25 Sqrt[Abs[(x - .5) (x + .5)]/((.5 - x) (.5 + x))] - y)*((
     6 Sqrt[10])/
     7 + (1.5 - .5*Abs[x]) Sqrt[Abs[Abs[x] - 1]/(Abs[x] - 1)] - (
      6 Sqrt[10])/14 Sqrt[4 - (Abs[x] - 1)^2] - y) == 0
 
 , {x, -10, 10}, {y, -10, 10}]
 
Coworker and I tried it in Mathematica 7 and 8 with same result (blank plot). Then we dumped results into table and ended up with bunch of imaginary numbers. Looks like fake.
 
:p
I tried to plot it, but all I get is a blank plot in Mathematica. Maybe I made a typo in translating it, or maybe it's too much for it.

Code:
ContourPlot[
 
 ((x/7)^2*Sqrt[Abs[Abs[x] - 3]/(Abs[x] - 3)] + (y/3)^2*Sqrt[
      Abs[y + (3 Sqrt[33])/7]/(y + (3 Sqrt[33])/7)] - 
     1)*(Abs[x/2] - ((3 Sqrt[33] - 7)/112) x^2 - 3 + Sqrt[
     1 - (Abs[Abs[x] - 2] - 1)^2] - 
     y)*(9 Sqrt[
      Abs[(Abs[x] - 1) (Abs[x] - .75)]/((1 - 
         Abs[x]) (Abs[x] - .75))] - 8*Abs[x] - 
     y)*(3*Abs[x] + .75 Sqrt[
      Abs[(Abs[x] - .75) (Abs[x] - .5)]/((.75 - 
         Abs[x]) (Abs[x] - .5))] - 
     y)*(2.25 Sqrt[Abs[(x - .5) (x + .5)]/((.5 - x) (.5 + x))] - y)*((
     6 Sqrt[10])/
     7 + (1.5 - .5*Abs[x]) Sqrt[Abs[Abs[x] - 1]/(Abs[x] - 1)] - (
      6 Sqrt[10])/14 Sqrt[4 - (Abs[x] - 1)^2] - y) == 0
 
 , {x, -10, 10}, {y, -10, 10}]

Yea I tried the same and got the same results. Interesting but its fake imp.
 
screenshot20110730at125.png


(Source)
 
Back
Top