The Altcoin Thread

Well, if you want to get really anal about it, actually "block reward split" or "block reward halving" conveys the meaning better. Because you're, you know, not actually solving half blocks from then on (as implied by "block halving"), you're receiving half the reward for solving a full block.

I know, sometimes I get lazy and call it "block split" or "the split"... oh well. The message still got across, didn't it?

OK then. ;)

I know I know. :D

It's one of those things though in my head when I see "block split" my brain goes "ZOMG BLOCKCHAIN FORK!!!!!" That's bad. My brain does bad things usually. Bad bad things.

The block reward halving is already priced in. I traded all my LTC for DOGE awhile back at 0.0006000. Future for DOGE is very bright IMO.

The block reward halving is already priced in. I traded all my LTC for DOGE awhile back at 0.0006000. Future for DOGE is very bright IMO.

I agree. I'm not in DOGE but I think it will surpass LTC in market cap eventually - it's already 1/5 the way there. Unlike BTC, LTC hasn't made much headway in terms of merchant adoption or even acceptance from the bigger exchanges so the first mover advantage is somewhat lost.

Also, there's way more community involvement going on with Doge. LTC has some big holders that are really rich now but they aren't doing anything other than sitting on their money. They can't expect the small guys to do all the work.

31 hours until doge halve

difficulty is highest ever, like over 1800

I am very very curious to see what happens a week afterwards, both in network hashrate and value

31 hours until doge halve

Check again.

http://blockrewards.com/?coin=DOGE

By that countdown clock, it's less than 6 hours.

EDIT: Of course, that clock could be wrong... just doing the math, something is up.... if blocks are every 60 seconds and there are 1790 blocks left (as of the time I write this), that's 29 hours and change by my calculator. That countdown clock is missing a day. So I was still wrong thinking it was Feb. 14, but it's certainly not in less than 6 hours.

Last edited:
Of course it hasn't happened yet, but everyone knows about it and hence it's already been factored into the price.

I think it's been building up to it, but because the event hasn't happened yet, but I believe there's more to come.

I think this recent build in price has also been because you're right, everyone knew about it so they were all stockpiling for the event.

But again, it's all speculation until it happens.

A few more Chinese exchanges added doge to them as well,so that helped in the price jump too.

Check again.

http://blockrewards.com/?coin=DOGE

By that countdown clock, it's less than 6 hours.

That clock is very wrong and sloppy coding.

Just look at the block count, subtract it from 100,000

That is minutes left (plus or minus a few based on the difficulty adjustment for the final 4 hours).

it is most certainly not 6 hours, it is

(100 000 - 98 255) * minutes = 29 hours

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=29+hours+from+5pm+EST

10pm EST Thursday February 13th

Note that the final difficulty adjustment could roll it into very early morning on the 14th.

Last edited:
Anti-Keiser-Clusterfuck-Coin... ROFL

At least it got me to optimize my web server a bit.

IF Doge shoots up to 400~600 I'm going to mine it until the next halving(sometime april 24~25) and if it indeed hits .01 or .10 cents even better pays out my loans lol. I think I saw Doge got to 1.9k difficulty then down to 1.7k.

IF Doge shoots up to 400~600 I'm going to mine it until the next halving(sometime april 24~25) and if it indeed hits .01 or .10 cents even better pays out my loans lol. I think I saw Doge got to 1.9k difficulty then down to 1.7k.
I have a sell order @ 350 right now.

I have about 1.2 million DOGE mined and stored. I plan on mining straight through the halving, even if it isn't profitable after the halving, my bet is that it will be sometime in the future after that. I'm going "long" on DOGE. I've already paid for my mining gear and next 8 months power with previous mining cashouts. I'm looking to either hit a jackpot or go bust (and in that case it's still an even wash). I wish I would have done that with bitcoin, I stopped about 4 months before ASICs and was pulling in 0.7 BTC/day then, or roughly 84 Bitcoin, I "lost". I sure could use an extra 60 grand, ha.

Presently I'm holding ~50 LTC and 10 BTC, but my mining is all pointed at DOGE.

10 cents is a stretch, since there will be 100 Billion after the reward per block stabilizes. 100 Billion x $0.10 = 10 Billion market-cap, which is more than the BTC market cap now. That being said, I think a 1-2 cents is possible after the main blocks are mined out, which would be 1-2 Billion market-cap (equivalent to one eighth of today's $650/BTC market-cap). If DOGE hits a penny one year from now, that would represent a 500% increase in value, not too shabby. Hell, even being at 0.4 pennies each would be a 100% increase in value. Of course it could also crash to 0, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Last edited:
So I mined some Klondike coins a week or 2 ago, signed up on http://kdc.cryptofountain.com/ and mined a few days. Yesterday I decide to mine more, go to login on the site and I get:

Unable to login: Account is locked. Please contact site support.

Site support has fucking NOTHING on it. No contact info, no email, no phone no nothing....

This is what's displayed on the contact page:

CONTACT & SUPPORT
This product comes 'as-is' without any warranty. Please check the Apache License, Version 2.0, for details.

gg for the web script.

what

the

fuck....

Still says there are 59 miners mining there and its still active. Any one have any ideas?

So I mined some Klondike coins a week or 2 ago, signed up on http://kdc.cryptofountain.com/ and mined a few days. Yesterday I decide to mine more, go to login on the site and I get:

Site support has fucking NOTHING on it. No contact info, no email, no phone no nothing....

This is what's displayed on the contact page:

CONTACT & SUPPORT
This product comes 'as-is' without any warranty. Please check the Apache License, Version 2.0, for details.

gg for the web script.

what

the

fuck....

Still says there are 59 miners mining there and its still active. Any one have any ideas?

There's been a LOT of people in the official KDC thread on BCT complaining about cryptofountain over the last few days. Pretty sure that the pool isn't giving a shit about the coin anymore.

NobleCoin released this small start up market places where you can actually trade Nobles for Amazon GCs (and they posted Newegg ones coming soon too).

I think I found my WDC replacement.

For now... I'm actually still on MAX. It's still a little bit more profitable, plus I actually like keccak. There's no stupid core to memory ratio tweaking like with scrypt. Much simpler.

Figures, anyone have any suggestions for pools for KDC and Nobel?

there's a KDC from sunnyd that I was on for a bit.

I'm starting to code a monitoring program. cgminer has a built in API that can send quite a bit of nice information

Not that I want to take any miners out of my own pools... lol... but hash.so has a nice pool setup. Plus, they have a crude but effective pool switcher. One account, one set of workers, and you can switch all your workers from one coin to another with 2 mouse clicks.

Plus no pool fees.

Not that I want to take any miners out of my own pools... lol... but hash.so has a nice pool setup. Plus, they have a crude but effective pool switcher. One account, one set of workers, and you can switch all your workers from one coin to another with 2 mouse clicks.

Plus no pool fees.

Omg that is fucking awesome.

Holy shit this is so much easier than having 30 configs and 20 different sites to visit.

For auto switching type pools I'll have to add a thumbs up for WafflePool.
The one we discussed a few days ago.
It's been very stable with connectivity since I started mining there a week ago and in the last day or so they made some changes to the switching algorithim that gave me a large increase in payout.
In the last three days, with 2.8MH/s applied I'll get 0.110+ BTC.
The best thing is I do not have to chase the tail of 20 coins and my payout is as good or better than my manual switching proved to be.

Total. With my small farm that's not bad. About 0.013BTC per MH/s per day I think.

This actually happened on my Quark pool recently (mine-pool.net) and I found an email for them and asked what was up, and the next day they had my account fixed up and it wasn't a big deal. Still don't know why it happened, maybe somebody was trying to guess your password or something.

This isn't an autoswitching pool like Wafflepool. This is one site, you sign up and configure your miners with the same servers/workers and you can manually switch it to mine like 30 different coins. You get paid in those coins, not some random percentage of bitcoins. You just enter your wallet address when you switch to a different coin and set the auto payout threshold.

The idea of the multipools is nice and I still have several rigs pointed at wafflepool but I never liked having someone else switch/sell/trade/handling my coins, not to mention the fact that your placing alot of trust in them and the fees are almost always a shitload higher than when you do it yourself.

Plus I like to keep coins in my wallets, if the price goes up I can move them over and trade/sell them whenever I want. I'm always switching a few rigs around to different coins and have other rigs that do nothing more than mine in a multipool.

On that note about keeping coins in wallets, make sure you guys back up yours frequently just to be safe!

The idea of the multipools is nice and I still have several rigs pointed at wafflepool but I never liked having someone else switch/sell/trade/handling my coins, not to mention the fact that your placing alot of trust in them and the fees are almost always a shitload higher than when you do it yourself........

I hear what you're saying and I absolutely do enjoy the "hunt". That's why I'm in this game to begin with.
It's just that my luck has always sucked and I find myself spending way too many hours researching and switching around and in the end I manage to just squeeze out a few extra cents.
This way at least the payout has been nice and steady. No exchanges or pools disappearing overnight or loosing coins.
I'll take what I get there and build another rig or two that I can use to try out the new coins dropping out of the sky. :)

Wow... that's a pretty cool pool.. might have to switch!

Holy shit this is so much easier than having 30 configs and 20 different sites to visit.

Yup. They've also been slowly customizing the site too. I'm pretty impressed.

I've been trying to find some time to see if I can figure out how to customize the stratum server to be able to switch across coins in a similar manner. Unfortunately, I have about a dozen different projects going on already, and none of which seem to be getting done or making me any income.

Is there any site where you can look at present difficulty of different coins side-by-side?
Coinwarz and CoinMarketCap don't seem to offer what I am looking for.

Back