the Abit IN9 32X-MAX thread

Hey I cant seem to be able to find this motherboard anywhere, If anyone has one they would like to sell for cheap PM me.

Newegg has this motherboard "deactivated." I found 2 other places that carries it in stock, for around $225...

I wish I would have caught it when Newegg offered the $100 rebate.

Question to you IN9 owners: Will the Tuniq Tower 120 fit running vertical, and clear the stock NB cooler?

I need to replace my Gigabyte DS3R. I like all of the options on this motherboard. And, I do like the LED backlights.

I was just wondering if you folks wouldn't mind commenting on what overclocked settings you run your IN9-32X at? I'm very interested in hearing about memory mhz and please only respond if its been stable for a while, prime tested, and on an unmodded board. That is factory heatsinks still in place with the exception of the cpu...

Thanks.

Hey DeathSpine, how did you get your voltage settings to 1.22 on the CPU? Lowest I see if 1.35 for the E6850. I am trying to run the same setup. What are your other bios settings at?

CPU 1.22
DDR 2.35
0%
0%
NB 1.45
SB 1.65
CPU VTT 1.3
HT voltage 1.4
From uGuru not the BIOS

I recently upgraded by CPU, my signature is not current. Those setting you are referring to are for the e8400 wolfdale.

Per information from the Abit forums one gentleman was emailed a new beta bios from Abit to help him with his new quad core q9300. There may be hope for quads on this board yet!

as I've said all along abit may not be the fastest at releasing new BIOS but they do have a good track record at supporting mobos with BIOS updates where it's technically possible to do so.
iirc QX9650s run OK on the IN9 32X just that the fully unlocked multis weren't working properly.

A Quad at 3.5 that impressive, especially trying to control the heat. What settings did you use to get it stable and not overheat?

I have the Abit IN9 32X-MAX mobo installed in a Antec900 with 1 8800GTX card installed right now. I was trying to install a 2nd 8800GTX card but ran into problems that I did not expect. The connector at the bottom of the mobo which is ATX4P1 interferes with with 8800gtx card installation.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

You need a 90 degree connector, where the wires come out the side, instead of the top. The one I bought went the wrong way, towards the center of the motherboard and I had to take the connector apart and flip the wires over to the other side, towards the mother board edge and then the second video card will install without any problems.

You need a 90 degree connector, where the wires come out the side, instead of the top. The one I bought went the wrong way, towards the center of the motherboard and I had to take the connector apart and flip the wires over to the other side, towards the mother board edge and then the second video card will install without any problems. It is a Molex 4 pin 90 degree connector.

I set mine up with a t-connector molex cable from performance-pcs.com.
you may need to reverse the pin order so make sure you have a molex
pin remover tool. My t cable's orientation was facing the wrong way, but not a
problem after reordering the pins. After that no problems getting that
second 8800gtx in there.

As long as its not an nvidia 280.
Someone said that the in9 has
problems with a capacitor in the way.

Good luck.

I used this one:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=159&products_id=1025

The only thing is that it plugs in from the top side down hence requiring fliping the pins so
you have room for the second video card.

I have the IN9 and after close to two years no problems...

Good luck...

Yeah, mine ran great for a year. I sold it to a friend, and he's still going strong. He had some issues at first running it at stock, but once we overclocked it again it's been running lots better. Just happier with a nice overclock, I guess.... :p

Thanks everyone for the suggestion to use the 90 degree connector. I got one from Performance-PCS and it works great. Still a tight fit but it seems fine. I didnt have the problem with the pins everything went pretty smooth.

Anyone have any tips for getting this to boot from the 9.0 post code? I know that the code represents the bios being corrupt/not there, but i bought a bios replacement and have since had no luck. :(

9.0. can also signify a power problem (inadequate/failing PSU or a short etc.).

Finally got sick of endless BSODs and restarts ... and having to re-input BIOS settings all the time. Not abit's fault. I mostly blame the 680i chipset. So I sent it back to them and they replaced it with the IX38 Quad GT. We'll see how that goes...

Anyone try running the velociraptor 300gb drive in raid 0 on the Abit IN9-32X? I tried and got data corruption issues and a 'raid access failure' in Vista. Sounds like a chipset problem?

Thanks.

Finally got sick of endless BSODs and restarts ... and having to re-input BIOS settings all the time. Not abit's fault. I mostly blame the 680i chipset. So I sent it back to them and they replaced it with the IX38 Quad GT. We'll see how that goes...

Crap....

The IX38 is DOA. Had them send a new BIOS chip. Even more DOA with new bios chip. What a disappointment. Now they're going to send me an IP35 Pro. Must be the very last two boards they have ... wish they'd test it before sending. I spent way too much time trying to get the Quad GT to work, and I was excited to have an Intel chipset instead of an nVidia one, but no luck. We'll see how the IP35 Pro works.

Still playing with my old In9 32x and was wondering if there are any folks out there running it at 400mhz fsb? Got a E8600 to throw new life into it but not sure about the boards capabilities beyond 350mhz fsb....

Thanks.

Back