• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

TF2 "Mann-Conomy" Update.

Doesn't this take away from the achievement of unlocking a cool item the old fashioned way? I hate to sound like an old fart but this is just as weird as EA selling guns and items on xbox live the day of release for some shooter as an unlock.
 
Last edited:
This makes me sad. Was about one refined metal away from crafting a Heavy hat before I stopped playing TF2 for a while. Now I won't have a 'vintage' one if I craft it now.
 
man this game looks like ass now compared when it was released in 2007. Tons of hats/items don't fit with their respective models, lacks the polish of the original items & models
 
Why do virtual hats cost more than real hats? :confused::eek:

People are stupid and will pay for it, read the steam forums, I read the TF2 section the other day and there was a bunch of buyers remorse, people posting that they had blown a load of money on hats and realised almost instantly it was a huge waste of money.
 
I bought a party pack for 19.99 and I enjoyed it for about 5 seconds. Everyone loves me now though, they will forget about me soon enough :(
 
So I haven't played tf2 in a long time because of sc2. just a moment ago I decided to try the Mann conomy update out. I guess here goes my mini rant:

I felt they went overboard this time with this update.Don't get me wrong I love what valve is doing with all this free content. Like I never minded the hats, weapons etc. But now you get bonuses if you have all the items in the same category, the worst being the sniper croc suit which makes you immune to headshots. Now it is really starting to be a rpg like Diablo 2 where you collect sets and have an advantage. I think this really takes the fun out of the game for me knowing that other people have these slight advantages.

On top of all this they added a system where you can just buy these sets for about 20 bucks. You can also buy paint buckets to color in your clothes and hats. I liked where they were going with the hat and semi balance item systems. This time they really got carried away. I think after 2 years of tf2, it's time to hang up my tf2 gloves.
 
So I haven't played tf2 in a long time because of sc2. just a moment ago I decided to try the Mann conomy update out. I guess here goes my mini rant:

I felt they went overboard this time with this update.Don't get me wrong I love what valve is doing with all this free content. Like I never minded the hats, weapons etc. But now you get bonuses if you have all the items in the same category, the worst being the sniper croc suit which makes you immune to headshots. Now it is really starting to be a rpg like Diablo 2 where you collect sets and have an advantage. I think this really takes the fun out of the game for me knowing that other people have these slight advantages.

True but the whole set itself is kind of a tradeoff, you can't headshot other people with the new gun etc. And you have to at least pay for the hat :( I do find the new scout gun a little OP, but maybe that's just me.
 
Doesn't this take away from the achievement of unlocking a cool item the old fashioned way? I hate to sound like an old fart but this is just as weird as EA selling guns and items on xbox live the day of release for some shooter as an unlock.

How the hell do you unlock items? I play pretty causually, like an hour or 2 a week if that. And I think i've unlocked a monacle or something.
 
Items are tied to class Achievements. When you accomplish a certain number of achievements, you reach a milestone and you're rewarded with an item.

Items also randomly drop during the course of play. (because everyone bitched about the inevitable 2-3 weeks of grinding that plagued the servers following an class update) You can now trade items with other players.

Now servers are plagued with trade requests. It'll fade away after a few weeks.
 
For the gator suit it is true that you also lose the ability to headshot. But if I remember correctly the solider set has 20% reduction to sentry gun fire and no tradeoffs.
 
It's valve is using tf2 as a testing ground for all their ideas, good and bad.
 
ok after defending Valve, I must admit, Valve made it too much of a pain to grind out these items and too expensive to buy them
i wouldnt care less if it was just some silly cosmetic items but many of the unlocks are pretty useful
 
ok after defending Valve, I must admit, Valve made it too much of a pain to grind out these items and too expensive to buy them
i wouldnt care less if it was just some silly cosmetic items but many of the unlocks are pretty useful

BS, you can easily craft anything that isn't cosmetic. On top of that, most of the new non-cosmetic stuff isn't any better than the regular stuff. The only thing that is a true grind is hats. And hats, are just hats.

In addition, most people will gladly trade with you. I got a new hat by trading away an old one. When I get sick of the new one, trade it away.
 
Last edited:
The only item that really pisses me off is the sniper outift.. you get the croc outfit and your immune to headshot kills.. thats just a game breaker imo...
 
The only item that really pisses me off is the sniper outift.. you get the croc outfit and your immune to headshot kills.. thats just a game breaker imo...

why is it a game breaker? You can still kill them... while it might not be a one-hit kill, it takes away their ability to headshot as well so it's a pretty fair tradeoff IMO. Then again, I don't really play sniper either.

I've tried playing the game recently but I just didn't find myself as interested as I once was. It's still a fun game, but between newer games taking up time and real life stuff, I just can't seem to get into it like I used to.
 
I just think they went overboard this time around. I liked the initial character achievements and weapons, then the hats. But then they started bringing in more weapons and hats turning the game more rpg like. Now there are just a ton of items with different properties, suits that give you bonuses and paint colors. I don't blame them since I am sure they are raking in extra cash for their hard work.
 
Guys the new weapons are incredibly easy to make. Takes usually one weapon + reclaimed metal = new weapon. I haven't had any problems still having fun, I don't feel like paying for any hats so I won't; big deal.


True, crafting the new weapons is pretty easy. Most people will trade you a few things they dont want for a crate, so thats an easy way to build up your metals.
 
The only item that really pisses me off is the sniper outift.. you get the croc outfit and your immune to headshot kills.. thats just a game breaker imo...

You must be insane. He is immune to headshots but cannot headshot anyone else. How is that a game breaker?
 
You must be insane. He is immune to headshots but cannot headshot anyone else. How is that a game breaker?

it gives a sniper with it a crushing advantage against other snipers
it can still body shot kill another sniper while being able to survive the first hit of an enemy sniper
 
it gives a sniper with it a crushing advantage against other snipers
it can still body shot kill another sniper while being able to survive the first hit of an enemy sniper

Except that any sniper can choose to get the same outfit.
 
You can still full-charge body shot an enemy sniper with the croc suit and still kill him. I do agree that not being able to headshot him is pretty crappy though. That said, he can't headshoot you either, and he is forced to body shot at that point as well.

So I don't see what the complaints are.
 
I think complaints are justified since not everyone has access to the croc skins, at least not straight away, unless you're willing to pay you have to rely on lucky to either find it randomly or find the components to build it.
 
I think this is why I didn't like the updates. The hats were suppose to just be for looks. Now they contribute to bonuses.
 
Back
Top