[Testing] Sapphire X2900XT

O.K., started playing around a little bit. Here's [email protected] and HIS HD2900XT 825/1000 stock HSF, I will eventually get the card watercooled.

3DMark06 12,363 there was no way I could do 12K+ with my 8800GTS 640MB even @ 770/1100 with [email protected], however, I did get it over 12K+ with the 8800GTS 640MB but with a [email protected] 12,670. More testing eventually.

LoL That 2900XT score is double my 1950XTX.

Too bad it's not like that in games atm :(

nice scores :)

what driver version used and are you using 8 pin adaptor to Overclock ??

regards

Thanks. I'm using 8.37.4.2_47323, I'm can using two 6 pin PCI-E cables if you plan to OC it.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2191224&postcount=28

2900rigg.jpg

if u notice on all the 2900xt 3dmark screenshots all the resolution parts are covered, but on the nvidia 3dmark screenshots, the resolution is shown. i think he runs the 2900xt at 1024x768, and the 8800's at 1280x768. that shows the 1000 point differences in all the scores

Sorry to say it, but the shots without AA look infinitely better than the ones with it on. Just looking at the first group, I found the shots to be blurry until I hit the last CSS shot. I suddenly thought, oh, that one looks good. It was the one without AA. :(.

I hope the drivers don't do that to the 2600XT when it gets released, because it sounds like it might be a really good bargain vs. the 8600 GTS (which imho isn't much to be very excited about). I need a mainstream DX10 part, and would prefer one that can also fold. Not if 3D is blurry and difficult to look at, though.

If it were me, I'd just leave AA off until that blurring gets fixed.

When you posted your "proof", why was it 3dmark05 and not 06? Give a link to the 06 mark on ORB. I searched for all 2900XT benchmarks for your user number and it was not listed. Why don't you have one up there?

And anyways, since when are we immediately trusting reviews from employees of the company they are reviewing? If someone who worked at nvidia and used these forums came along with reviews, I sure as hell would not trust those either.

The guy also has barely any posts on this forum. Almost all are in this thread and almost all pro ATI.

You all do know what tester bias is, don't you? Even if he is not trying to, he could be skewing the test results. Either way I am calling BS to this as some others did before me.

What review do you trust more to be unbiased. The HardOCP review, or this guy?

When you posted your "proof", why was it 3dmark05 and not 06? Give a link to the 06 mark on ORB. I searched for all 2900XT benchmarks for your user number and it was not listed. Why don't you have one up there?

And anyways, since when are we immediately trusting reviews from employees of the company they are reviewing? If someone who worked at nvidia and used these forums came along with reviews, I sure as hell would not trust those either.

The guy also has barely any posts on this forum. Almost all are in this thread and almost all pro ATI.

You all do know what tester bias is, don't you? Even if he is not trying to, he could be skewing the test results. Either way I am calling BS to this as some others did before me.

What review do you trust more to be unbiased. The HardOCP review, or this guy?

Well he's got a lot of posts over a Xtremesystems which is where he came from....

Just because a guy has next to know posts, isn't a completely valid reason to distrust them. It's a good along with some other reasons, but not as a sole reason of an argument.

I'm not trying to stand up for him, just pointing this out.

i am employee of what company???

im Laughing so much with some posts you guys cant imagine heheheheh

did i miss something... this guy works for ATi and he doesn't even know the correct model name, its HD2900XT btw. sry i had to say it.

And is he using a 8800 640mb or 320mb?? i saw lots of pretty pictures but know detailed specs that were easy to read..

ps sry i didnt read the whole thread may be someone can update me ..lol

did i miss something... this guy works for ATi and he doesn't even know the correct model name, its HD2900XT btw. sry i had to say it.

And is he using a 8800 640mb or 320mb?? i saw lots of pretty pictures but know detailed specs that were easy to read..

ps sry i didnt read the whole thread may be someone can update me ..lol

He doesn't work for ATi and he is using a GTS 320 i believe.

I think the 16000 marks was X2900XT aircooled @ +Vgpu

>>> http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=983506&postcount=4760

>>> http://forums.vr-zone.com/showpost.php?p=3657255&postcount=58
>>> http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=39173&page=190

and if you read in your LINk :

Well I did not have the chance to test the card for long under the cold, since my Cascade Coolers are on the brink of death, long waiting an overhaul.

Even so, using some light voltage of just 1.35v on the GPU core, it was easy to get the 80nm core to 1GHz and the Memory Clock to 1GHz and over

Then I ran 3D Mark 06 and went over 16,000 with a single card, doing 1GHz Core, 1GHZ Memory! Well with the voltage mods and good cooling, I'm sure we'll see a lot of people scoring a mile higher!

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4946&s=21

why is he comparing a 2900XT to a GTS 320? Seems pointless ...

ps thanks for the update :)

because its the 2 cards i have ( I think its better than dont compare to anything)

but i also have a a nvidia 6200 if you want i can compare too :D

and also because:

X2900XT = 375€
BFG 8800GTS OC 320mb = 340€

not too much diference in prices , and also because we all know 8800 GTS 320mb its pretty much same performence as 8800GTS 640mb ( excluding 1 or 2 games that requires + memory)

regards

because its the 2 cards i have ( I think its better than dont compare to anything)

but i also have a a nvidia 6200 if you want i can compare too :D

and also because:

X2900XT = 375€
BFG 8800GTS OC 320mb = 340€

not too much diference in prices , and also because we all know 8800 GTS 320mb its pretty much same performence as 8800GTS 640mb ( excluding 1 or 2 games that requires + memory)

regards

ah didn't know you were outside the U.S. sry. here in the states the 2900XT is actually somewhere between the GTS 640 and the GTX 768mb cost wise that is http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322843 $540 USD

and a GTS 320 is as low as $260 i think!!

ah didn't know you were outside the U.S. sry. here in the states the 2900XT actually close to GTX 768mb cost

What kind of crack have you been smoking? The 2900XT costs ~$400 and the GTX costs ~$550 and the GTS 320 is ~$300. I am excluding the MIRs for the NV cards.

ah didn't know you were outside the U.S. sry. here in the states the 2900XT is actually somewhere between the GTS 640 and the GTX 768mb cost wise that is http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322843 $540 USD

here where i live the lowst prices i found for Sapphire x2900 and BFG 8800GTS ( cards i have & test) :

BFG 8800GTS OC 320mb = 310€uros

BFG 8800GTS OC 2 320mb = 340€uros

Sapphire X2900XT = 375€uros

regards

I'll post more stuff tomorrow as it's time to go play with my super ubber extreme to the max high octane 2 1/2 year old daughter. I'll do some Lost Coast comparisons.

I think the 16000 marks was X2900XT aircooled @ +Vgpu
and if you read in your

Please read it again, I know English is not your first language. I saw the same posts as you when they came out, it was pre-NDA and you're making the same assumptions as they did. Look at page 18, http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4946&s=18

Default cooling got to 850MHz Core, 1000MHz Memory. Modified air cooling took it to 880MHz Core and 1030MHz Memory. No volt mods at this point.

Well I did not have the chance to test the card for long under the cold, since my Cascade Coolers are on the brink of death, long waiting an overhaul.

Even so, using some light voltage of just 1.35v on the GPU core, it was easy to get the 80nm core to 1GHz and the Memory Clock to 1GHz and over

Then I ran 3D Mark 06 and went over 16,000 with a single card, doing 1GHz Core, 1GHZ Memory! Well with the voltage mods and good cooling, I'm sure we'll see a lot of people scoring a mile higher!

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4946&s=21

First note, the cpu and gpu core is the same in the 05 and 06 run, vcore is 1.35v. Page 21 follows directly from the cascade temps of 200 degrees on page 20. He says he didn't have long, but "Even so" the cascade is failing, he still scored 1GHz core/mem. He then says with better cooling i.e. a cascade that works, someone will score higher.

nice thread mascaras i really appreciate your time and effort to put all this together no question in my mind i dont think there is any bs here

anyway i was reading all these reviews on the various dx10 cards and had decided that the 8800gts 640 mb offered a very good bang for buck ratio then was reading through some of these threads and i was about to pull the trigger and then i read what godofdestrcution had to say:
:D :D :D Heheh I win.

You got what you wanted though, a good argument, and lots of attention right? ;)

BTW, nice fakes, but I could see right thru them. But this was fun. I'm being serious.

and decided right then and their based sole on his words not to buy the 8800 or buy an NVidia product ever again

nice thread mascaras i really appreciate your time and effort to put all this together no question in my mind i dont think there is any bs here

anyway i was reading all these reviews on the various dx10 cards and had decided that the 8800gts 640 mb offered a very good bang for buck ratio then was reading through some of these threads and i was about to pull the trigger and then i read what godofdestrcution had to say:

and decided right then and their based sole on his words not to buy the 8800 or buy an NVidia product ever again

If you are truly not going to buy a product, or any products from a company because of one person you really should stay away from forums and the internet in general. There are plenty of stupid posts both to and for everything, and if people's posts can sway your opinion on products that those people have nothing to do with, you will end up with nothing to buy in the end.

If you are truly not going to buy a product, or any products from a company because of one person you really should stay away from forums and the internet in general. There are plenty of stupid posts both to and for everything, and if people's posts can sway your opinion on products that those people have nothing to do with, you will end up with nothing to buy in the end.

Well, in this case, it's really a case of "which side has less flaming douchebaggery" The answer is usually neither. There comes a point when people are so completely zealous and blinded by their own shortsightedness that anything they say will be completely biased and irrelevant, and they will make it a point to crap on any thread at all that paints 'the opposition' in a positive light. Obviously that's occured with the referenced poster above(not the one you're replying to). I digress.. People just get so sick of seeing these douchenozzle-zealots' posts day after day that it can actually turn you against a product, even if they are totally unrelated. (usually a good sign the user needs to be banned or warned)

guess you would've invested in enron's stock when the lone analyst discovered it was a shithole. :p

Those are some pretty darn impressive overclocks you guys are getting out of the HD 2900XT.

I was able to push this GTX up to 675 on the core and that's all I can do on stock voltage and air. Unfortunately, my CPU tops @ 3.75GHz on air. I ran 06 again with the clocks I have outlined and under XP instead of Vista. Best I can currently do as qualified.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2014598

i got 5295 in 3dmark06 after i overlcocked my x1900gt to 7900gt speeds! it went up 291 points!

Back