Tesla Unveils Radical Cybertruck.

Right now there are several electric car companies in the ring.

Tesla, BYD, Toyota, Rivian, Ford, and a few others. And none of them meet your specification. And I think it's also worth noting that they are all different.

Some of your complaints are literally why people buy these cars. Is Plaid mode necessary? No, but it also showcases the capabilities an electric motor has that standard ICE do not. To remove that feature that you have a problem with, would simply be removing capabilities the car inherently has behind a software lock.
But rather than you simply never using it, you must have a car without that feature.

That is ridiculous. These cars don't have these abilities just because. They have been intentionally installing much larger electric motors than is necessary to get the job done.

I don't care if the feature is there, but it comes with compromises. Larger batteries, larger heavier motors, range reduction, and cost.

Not to mention the cost of insuring something that can challenge supercars in the acceleration game is inherently going to be much higher than insuring something that is more reasonable transportation.

Everyone at this point wants Android Auto and/or Carplay. This feature literally sells cars or leaves them stranded on lots (apparently more crucial than cup holders in Subarus). If anything people don't want the original navs from 10 years ago. But you don't want any form of connectivity or displays.

If I could have just basic integration functionality, that would be cool. But as long as it comes with spyware, always on secondary simcards that can't be disabled, etc. etc. that is a real effing bib brother dystopia right there.

Most electric cars don't have yokes. Even the Cybertruck does not, it is a squared off wheel. However it's also designed with only a half rotation, meaning your hands never need to be removed from the wheel even to make a U-Turn. Watch the MKBHD video regarding that.

Why mess with perfection? Traditional fixed rack and pinion, or nothing at all.

Most of the cars have some level of self opening or not. It's not really a ubiquitous feature. It's also not as if solenoids aren't well known tech.

They are well understood tech. But once it has an automakers name and part number on it, to replace it is going to cost you thousands of dollars, and if you don't think it will break, I have a bridge to sell you.

That, and lets say you have a soft blanket in the trunk that protrudes just a little bit. Normally, just slam the trunk down. No problem. With an electric motor trunk you literally can't close the fucking trunk. It just beeps at you and opens again until you remove the offending item. It's insane.

These things are supposed to make our lives easier, but instead they offer only perceived convenience, coupled with massive actual inconvenience.

And they are driving prices up for no goddamn reason.

The goddamn headlights on my Volvo S90 cost $3,000.... EACH. All because someone in Europe wanted some dynamic/adaptive high beams or some bullshit like that, but then they had to disable it for the U.S. market because back in 2017 it wasn't a DOT approved feature. So in a few years, if I ever have to replace the headlights. Forget it. The car is totaled.

Even if the feature actually worked in the U.S, that is totally not worth it.

Honestly I would say a bigger problem that is missing from your list is the looming threat of using software locks for features a car already has. There are many that realize Tesla is threatening to do this with more features.

Oh, that pisses me off too. My modern(ish) Volvo already yells at me that my subscription has expired every time I star the car. No way in hell I'm renewing that shit. Why should I pay $200 a year for a functionality for my $60k car that a $5 smart lightbulb includes free for life? And I can live without the ability of someones cloud service being able to locate me, unlock my car doors and remotely start my engine anyway. No way in hell I was going to pay for that.

Luckily I am pretty sure many of these scam feature blocks will be jailbroken.

Last edited:
90% of the sheep in this world buy cars for their looks and very little more. The people I've talked to that want this, like it for its being different more for the sake of its being different than anything else. Then there's the tiny si-fi crowd that have been jonesin for anything spacey for the last 20 years. I suppose it could be considered trendy or cool to some but the majority of people I've talked to about it have simply said it's ugly and it doesn't check any of the boxes for a truck owner, ICE or EV.
I think that's fair, based around the people you know. But I also think in short it's polarizing by design.
If you want a regular looking Truck, again that's why the Ford F150 Lightning and Rivian exists. Tesla is definitely competing on looks, but it's not as if the truck can't work as a truck.

Truck bed is the same size as F150. It can have 2500lbs in the bed, or haul I think 10klbs? It also is roughly the same length. It just looks really different. So yeah, competing on looks? 100%. But not capable as a truck? That's not really true. Though I think you have to be a really particular buyer to get an electric truck period, because obviously regardless of Ford, Tesla, or Rivian it will have reduced capabilities as compared to ICE.

That is ridiculous. These cars don't have these abilities just because. They have been intentionally installing much larger electric motors than is necessary to get the job done.

I don't care if the feature is there, but it comes with compromises. Larger batteries, larger heavier motors, range reduction, and cost.

Not to mention the cost of insuring something that can challenge supercars in the acceleration game is inherently going to be much higher than insuring something that is more reasonable transportation.

If I could have just basic integration functionality, that would be cool. But as long as it comes with spyware, always on secondary simcards that can't be disabled, etc. etc. that is a real effing bib brother dystopia right there.

Why mess with perfection? Traditional fixed rack and pinion, or nothing at all.

They are well understood tech. But once it has an automakers name and part number on it, to replace it is going to cost you thousands of dollars, and if you don't think it will break, I have a bridge to sell you.

That, and lets say you have a soft blanket in the trunk that protrudes just a little bit. Normally, just slam the trunk down. No problem. With an electric motor trunk you literally can't close the fucking trunk. It just beeps at you and opens again until you remove the offending item. It's insane.

These things are supposed to make our lives easier, but instead they offer only perceived convenience, coupled with massive actual inconvenience.

Oh, that pisses me off too. My modern(ish) Volvo already yells at me that my subscription has expired every time I star the car. No way in hell I'm renewing that shit. Why should I pay $200 a year for a functionality for my $60k car that a $5 smart lightbulb includes free for life? And I can live without the ability of someones cloud service being able to locate me, unlock my car doors and remotely start my engine anyway. No way in hell I was going to pay for that.

Luckily I am pretty sure many of these scam feature blocks will be jailbroken.
Buddy, you just tried to itemize me back with a longer list of things you must have in an electric that also for sure aren't going to ever come.
I refer you back to my: just never buy an electric car statement. You have no ability to see anything any other way or make any form of compromises.

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you think. These are the cars that are coming. These are the demands people are making. Or perhaps better said: these are the cars they're buying. I can only explain stuff, that's it. It's not even about "agreement", it's simply "what is". To me, all you're doing is complaining about "what is" because you can't get your way.

Just go restore some pre-1980's car and drive that. You'll be happier without an ECU and being able to fix your car with only a set of torque wrenches. You can specify every part of any of those cars down to the bolt. You can customize all of the upholstery. You can ensure zero electronics or automatic anything.

Tesla recently revealed pricing details for the Cybertruck, with the all-wheel drive version starting at $79,990 with a 340 mile range and 600 hp, among other specifications...the top-of-the-line Cyberbeast version starts at $99,990 and includes a tri-motor setup capable of 845 hp and 320 miles of range...Tesla claims both of these versions will deliver starting in 2024

I don't understand the appeal of this at all...it looks like something out of Mad Max

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-stock-slides-after-cybertruck-launch-154752957.html
Mad max distinctly has an Ork vibe this looks like something from a TacoBell commercial in the year 2032.

I think that's fair, based around the people you know. But I also think in short it's polarizing by design.
If you want a regular looking Truck, again that's why the Ford F150 Lightning and Rivian exists. Tesla is definitely competing on looks, but it's not as if the truck can't work as a truck.

Truck bed is the same size as F150. It can have 2500lbs in the bed, or haul I think 10klbs? It also is roughly the same length. It just looks really different. So yeah, competing on looks? 100%. But not capable as a truck? That's not really true. Though I think you have to be a really particular buyer to get an electric truck period, because obviously regardless of Ford, Tesla, or Rivian it will have reduced capabilities as compared to ICE.

Buddy, you just tried to itemize me back with a longer list of things you must have in an electric that also for sure aren't going to ever come.
I refer you back to my: just never buy an electric car statement. You have no ability to see anything any other way or make any form of compromises.

It doesn't matter what I think. It doesn't matter what you think. These are the cars that are coming. These are the demands people are making. Or perhaps better said: these are the cars they're buying. I can only explain stuff, that's it. It's not even about "agreement", it's simply "what is". To me, all you're doing is complaining about "what is" because you can't get your way.

Just go restore some pre-1980's car and drive that. You'll be happier without an ECU and being able to fix your car with only a set of torque wrenches. You can specify every part of any of those cars down to the bolt. You can customize all of the upholstery. You can ensure zero electronics or automatic anything.

And I'm telling you it's not just me.

There must be hundreds of thousands of us. Maybe even millions. Sure, we aren't the cool young demographic, but we have .Oney and would be willing to spend it if we find something we like.

There are at least enough of us to make one model of one make, and maybe even our own multi manufacturer market segment.

The marketers are likely basing their market assessments based on who walks into their showrooms or expresses interest across their social media not realizing that there ara a ton of people simply not setting foot in there in the first place because they dont have what they want.

That, and I'm refuting your arguments that these are not requests based on nothing.

And I'm telling you it's not just me.

There must be hundreds of thousands of us. Maybe even millions. Sure, we aren't the cool young demographic, but we have .Oney and would be willing to spend it if we find something we like.

There are at least enough of us to make one model of one make, and maybe even our own multi manufacturer market segment.

The marketers are likely basing their market assessments based on who walks into their showrooms or expresses interest across their social media not realizing that there ara a ton of people simply not setting foot in there in the first place because they dont have what they want.
Okay, you know of some mystery target demographic that could potentially be worth billions of dollars. Sounds like you know everything about it. Just make the car for that demo and become a billionaire. For real. Apparently you know perfectly everything about this demo and no one else does.

They want an electric car without electric anything else.
They want it to be slow. And electronically limited on both top speed and acceleration.
They want smaller batteries. They want it to be lighter. They therefore also don't care about range.
They don't want Carplay or Android Auto. It's likely better to have no form of entertainment whatsoever. Radios are just more waves entering the car. In fact it might be better if the car blocks all signals include cellular signals due to issues with tracking. Better to simply also not receive calls.
They want no electric windows, locks, remotes, or boots. No cruise control. No lane assist. No blind spot assist. No backup camera(s).
They want zero driver enhancements and zero driving aids. Certainly not rear wheel steering and nothing electronic. Likely better if it doesn't have power steering as that is also liable to break. Rack and pinion or nothing.
They also need it to have non-electronic acceleration, so somehow the accelerator needs to engage the electric motors not by wire because that has no peddle feel and no other form of accelerator is acceptable.
It should also likely not have any regenerative systems as those affect how the car feels while rolling and are likely things that will just break and cost a lot of money and weight.
It should also come in manual only. It doesn't matter if the car only needs one gear, make it have more gears.

Heater and air condition should be optional. They just weight more, cost more, and could also break. And certainly no wasteful options like heated or cooled seats.

What buttons there are must be physical momentary switches and replaceable by a $1.20 part. But amount of buttons should not exceed 3. No more dials than 2, and those should only be to control AC/Heat if that optional extra is for some reason desired.

That, and I'm refuting your arguments that these are not requests based on nothing.
You may want to look into electrified retro cars. Because that's as close to what you're asking for is as going to be built. Then it really will just be an old car with an electric motor. End of list. Then you can be content with absolutely no messing with anything else.

Here is a company that electrifies VW's and Porches: https://www.zelectricmotors.com/

Here is a stupid top 10 article about some companies that make these conversions: https://hiconsumption.com/motors/best-electric-classic-car-conversions/

Last edited:
Okay, you know of some mystery target demographic that could potentially be worth billions of dollars. Sounds like you know everything about it. Just make the car for that demo and become a billionaire. For real. Apparently you know perfectly everything about this demo and no one else does.

They want an electric car without electric anything else.
They want it to be slow. And electronically limited on both top speed and acceleration.
They want smaller batteries. They want it to be lighter. They therefore also don't care about range.
They don't want Carplay or Android Auto. It's likely better to have no form of entertainment whatsoever. Radios are just more waves entering the car. In fact it might be better if the car blocks all signals include cellular signals due to issues with tracking. Better to simply also not receive calls.
They want no electric windows, locks, remotes, or boots. No cruise control. No lane assist. No blind spot assist. No backup camera(s).
They want zero driver enhancements and zero driving aids. Certainly not rear wheel steering and nothing electronic. Likely better if it doesn't have power steering as that is also liable to break. Rack and pinion or nothing.
They also need it to have non-electronic acceleration, so somehow the accelerator needs to engage the electric motors not by wire because that has no peddle feel and no other form of accelerator is acceptable.
It should also likely not have any regenerative systems as those affect how the car feels while rolling and are likely things that will just break and cost a lot of money and weight.
It should also come in manual only. It doesn't matter if the car only needs one gear, make it have more gears.

Heater and air condition should be optional. They just weight more, cost more, and could also break. And certainly no wasteful options like heated or cooled seats.

What buttons there are must be physical momentary switches and replaceable by a $1.20 part. But amount of buttons should not exceed 3. No more dials than 2, and those should only be to control AC/Heat if that optional extra is for some reason desired.

You may want to look into electrified retro cars. Because that's as close to what you're asking for is as going to be built. Then it really will just be an old car with an electric motor. End of list. Then you can be content with absolutely no messing with anything else.

Here is a company that electrifies VW's and Porches: https://www.zelectricmotors.com/

Here is a stupid top 10 article about some companies that make these conversions: https://hiconsumption.com/motors/best-electric-classic-car-conversions/

Holy strawman nonsense Batman!

Holy strawman nonsense Batman!
Most of what was said was things you directly or indirectly said.

Basically every function on your car can be itemized by cost and you want nothing to do with any part that isn't necessary for the car to function. To the point of complaining about the cost of lights on your Volvo.
According to you everything breaks and there is nothing reliable and you will get charged for it. You want luxury nothing. You want cheapest cost including insurance cost. You want least amount of anything else on the car and with nothing else on the car that would also lower insurance. You want zero tracking. And zero screens.

Last edited:
Most of what was said was things you directly or indirectly said.

Basically every function on your car can be itemized by cost and you want nothing to do with any part that isn't necessary for the car to function. To the point of complaining about the cost of lights on your Volvo.
According to you everything breaks and there is nothing reliable and you will get charged for it. You want luxury nothing. You want cheapest cost including insurance cost. You want least amount of anything else on the car and with nothing else on the car that would also lower insurance. You want zero tracking. And zero screens.

When it comes to engineered products, the simplest solution is always the best solution. This is literally what is taught in just about every engineering school in the world.

I only drew out your statements to their logical conclusion. You want a rolling chassis with a motor, only physical controls inside, and nothing else. Seriously look into EV conversions. Might find something there you like.

Trust me, I've been tempted, but custom pretty much anything immediately places you in a cost category which is unaffordable for most.

When it comes to engineered products, the simplest solution is always the best solution. This is literally what is taught in just about every engineering school in the world.
There is a very big difference between engineering a solution simply and then also not engineering a solution at all.
You would place everything you don't care about in the latter category. But those are two very different things.
Some things are also irreducibly complex. That doesn't make their engineering of them less valid just because that's the case.
Trust me, I've been tempted, but custom pretty much anything immediately places you in a cost category which is unaffordable for most.
If you're buying an electric car you're already in that category.

If you're buying an electric car you're already in that category.
There's a biiiig difference between spending $80k on a Tesla and $300k on a custom built electrified classic.

There absolutely is a market for less complicated vehicles, but there isn't any reason for automakers to produce them. Why sell a car that will last forever and float through the used market competing with your new cars when you can sell something that's unreasonably expensive to repair/maintain out of warranty? Regardless, a market share of even a million customers is way too small to design an affordable car for, you'll never make back the R&D cost. Electric cars are a very niche product right now, reinventing the wheel helps with the 'new things' messaging, even if it makes for a worse product in some ways.

I like that Tesla is actually building a car that looks as ridiculous as this one. I have no interest in it or anything else they make, but doing anything out of the ordinary is good for the market as a whole. Maybe other companies will try to differentiate themselves and we'll get less awful crossovers. (but I doubt it)

It’s basically marketed as a yuppy dooms day preppers wet dream vehicle.
What dooms day prepper also believes in solar? Or electric in general? I think they all dream of actual Max Max fighting over fuel sorta dooms day than ever using something with batteries. Ew, yuck.

There's a biiiig difference between spending $80k on a Tesla and $300k on a custom built electrified classic.
There's a range of options there. Doesn't have to be a classic, but he's the sort to literally not want anything else to be in the car. Which is basically anything pre-1980.

If not for that there are options in the $20-$30k range, not including the donor car of course.
There absolutely is a market for less complicated vehicles, but there isn't any reason for automakers to produce them. Why sell a car that will last forever and float through the used market competing with your new cars when you can sell something that's unreasonably expensive to repair/maintain out of warranty? Regardless, a market share of even a million customers is way too small to design an affordable car for, you'll never make back the R&D cost. Electric cars are a very niche product right now, reinventing the wheel helps with the 'new things' messaging, even if it makes for a worse product in some ways.
Well, cheap cars that last a long time are coming whether or not one manufacture wants it to be that way or not.

That is the value of other entrants in the market. And as we know, the future of the US and Europe is electric only. Both the US and EU have signed those bills into law. Eventually it will mean that car manufacturers will need electric cars or go out of business.

Anyway, that's a long winded way of saying that competition is coming. I think all the Japanese and Korean manufactures will drive the prices down in the US and push quality up. And heaven help the wasteful if BYD is ever permitted on US shores, because they're out for blood. I don't even want a Chinese car personally. But they are pricing themselves aggressively and as I understand it, producing a good product. Enough to give Tesla competition in China.
I like that Tesla is actually building a car that looks as ridiculous as this one. I have no interest in it or anything else they make, but doing anything out of the ordinary is good for the market as a whole. Maybe other companies will try to differentiate themselves and we'll get less awful crossovers. (but I doubt it)
I agree. Even had I the money, I would not want to buy this. But I also think it's good for the market.

What dooms day prepper also believes in solar? Or electric in general? I think they all dream of actual Max Max fighting over fuel sorta dooms day than ever using something with batteries. Ew, yuck.
Gas gets unstable pretty quick, regardless it’s what they are doing.
https://www.indy100.com/news/elon-musk-tesla-cybertruck

"It’s not just some grandstanding showpiece like me,” he said during launch, before speaking about the bulletproof and arrowproof doors and "armor glass" windows. Musk described it as “apocalypse technology", and it's no coincidence that the model has been the focus of much speculation in the prepper/survivalist community over the past few years either.

Gas gets unstable pretty quick, regardless it’s what they are doing.
https://www.indy100.com/news/elon-musk-tesla-cybertruck

"It’s not just some grandstanding showpiece like me,” he said during launch, before speaking about the bulletproof and arrowproof doors and "armor glass" windows. Musk described it as “apocalypse technology", and it's no coincidence that the model has been the focus of much speculation in the prepper/survivalist community over the past few years either.
I'm waiting for all the right wingers to invest in alternative energy any day now in order to help their prepping. Because frankly it's annoying that alternative energy and climate change are both political when neither of them should be. Even if it is for something as dumb as prepping.

I'm waiting for all the right wingers to invest in alternative energy any day now in order to help their prepping. Because frankly it's annoying that alternative energy and climate change are both political when neither of them should be. Even if it is for something as dumb as prepping.
Common around here, solar, geothermal steam, small creek dams, we have a lot of off grid “cabins”, complete with winterized greenhouses and underground cold rooms. They use electric ATVs and snowmobiles though, mostly built from second hand golf carts.

What dooms day prepper also believes in solar? Or electric in general?
The survivalist preppers living in caves and log cabins, which is a very small subset of the prepper group, are like this. However the vast majority of stay at home and try to survive emergency types absolutely could have solar panels or some form of power generation from mills or turbines. Just like any group, the extreme few do not represent the all.

Does the Cybertruck survive an EMP blast? Or does it erupt in flames in such an event?

Cause the next major humanity world war starts with an EMP blast, almost surely.

If it would survive, or be modified to survive with a DIY faraday cage wrapping, and if you had the solar panel fitted truck bed cover that recovers 10-15 miles of battery charge per day on the vehcile, then you've got about 10 years of survivability/transportation when the world falls apart. If the cybertruck is a brick after an EMP, then it isn't a doomsday vehicle, and you be better to fall back to your carberator based 1960s or 1970's pickup truck with no sensitive computer based electronics onboard.

I know batteries typically survive EMP, but electronics typically don't. So my guess is 'bricked'.......unless there is specific accomdation in design for such.

Does the Cybertruck survive an EMP blast? Or does it erupt in flames in such an event?

Cause the next major humanity world war starts with an EMP blast, almost surely.

If it would survive, or be modified to survive with a DIY faraday cage wrapping, and if you had the solar panel fitted truck bed cover that recovers 10-15 miles of battery charge per day on the vehcile, then you've got about 10 years of survivability/transportation when the world falls apart. If the cybertruck is a brick after an EMP, then it isn't a doomsday vehicle, and you be better to fall back to your carberator based 1960s or 1970's pickup truck with no sensitive computer based electronics onboard.

I know batteries typically survive EMP, but electronics typically don't. So my guess is 'bricked'.......unless there is specific accomdation in design for such.
Yeah, but modern gas separates in 8 months to a year? So you would be trying to burn water much after that without putting a lot of stabilizers in there. A couple of good horses is your best bet if you're serious about it

It depend what we mean by political, what to do about both should be extremely political, do we turn this or this site into a lithium mine, what to do with something like rive a damp or not, do we do and where do we do a nuclear plant, do we and how much we tax carbon, do we put reflective sun gaz in the high atmosphere to reduce mean temperature by 1 degree, are all political question for which science cannot give us the answer. Arguably, that what politic should be more about, resource-energy handling and that what it was in the past, group of people taking decision on their forest management, grains, windmill, etc...

Should be less partisans for sure, but I would imagine right wingers-prepper type are very big on personal solar panel for their far away camp, they will just tend to also have a diesel generator at home. They also seem to have turned around in favor of Nuclear, at least a vocal part.

It's an interesting vehicle for sure. Full disclosure, I own a Lightning Lariat ER. Watching some reviews it seems like a crossover with a bed more than a truck. The frunk is small and the bed shape doesn't lend itself well to hauling the random stuff lots of folks haul. Was able to put a large Yeti, two bikes, a canopy shelter, 300 pounds of firewood, 3 chairs, a gold pan, and some other random tidbits in the back and I still had bed space. available. I just wouldn't have the same capability to do that in the cybertruck, and I wouldn't be able to lift things over the bed sides, I'd have to climb into the bed to get to the things along the front. This seems a very much, make it look like this first, then what can we do with the space second type exercise. The fanbois love it, and they'll sell droves of it, but once the novelty wears off, I think the big 3 honestly don't have much to worry about here.

Every video I saw were from non Truck channel doing non truck things, I do wonder how much it work well, it could be impression from the shape more than reality, as size wise it seem quite comparable, the high side will be an issue for moving some stuff in/out.

The Ford, frunk is much better, and the trunk and in general truck design is obviously a lot more proven design for truck use from a very long time of doing it, this could need a couple of generation of feedback. The almost no real button affair would make me quite afraid.

If this was just an exercise to finally go from 12 volt to 48 volt and from CAN bus to ethernet in car and other risk they could afford because it was just a niche side project and not core to them... could be good, just to push and shake things for the other to follow after.

Last edited:
All of the big reviews that have come out have looked like 100% paid advertisements. They're all parroting the same points, "Faster than a supercar! 48V system! Drive by Wire steering! Bulletproof body panels! We know it's ugly but it's actually super cool everyone!". They don't even mention anything 'bad' about the truck or review it using a truck's use case.

A lot of the style is forced by material, that kind of ultra strong rolled steel that make the body cannot be bent easily or much, so it will have very angular shape and it because the very heavy outside is counterbalanced by being what give the vehicle its strength (to save some weight in exchange for being heavy steel on the outside) it will naturally have to be the closest it can be to a pyramid for regidity. Or at least that the story about it, how true it is about that spaceX alloy and the challenging of pressing it in a more regular shape....

It force that look, but you save weight on paint, promise of very long life time regarding rust or other issues and a list of advantage.
The outer panels are just panels and not an exoskeleton like Musk wanted them to be. It's a unibody frame with stainless steel panels on the outside, no different in basic architecture than your run of the mill unibody with aluminum, sheet metal, or fiberglass panels. The stainless steel exterior doesn't contribute significantly to the overall structural strength of the vehicle because it was simply way too hard to engineer an exoskeleton. If you actually read any of the news around release you would have known this.

In the end, the shape and stainless steel exterior was purely an aesthetic choice. Sure, it might be more resistant to dents and chips, but will also be significantly more expensive to repair in the event of a fender bender. The whole panel would probably have to be replaced in the event of a repair, especially if the tolerances are as tight as Musk claims them to be.

criminals will be stealing the Cybertruck to rob banks and commit other criminal acts...Cybertruck is bulletproof and no rollovers (perfect for when getting chased by the police)

criminals will be stealing the Cybertruck to rob banks and commit other criminal acts...Cybertruck is bulletproof and no rollovers (perfect for when getting chased by the police)

I guess it would be better than regular vehicles, but the body is only bulletproof to small arms. It isn't bulletproof against rifles. And the windows aren't bulletproof.

I’m not so sure, based on some reports the frame and linkages may be more susceptible to damage than most vehicles. It may shrug off light arms fire but may be done in by hitting a curb.
Also doesn’t Tesla keep a kill twitch in them for anti theft? Couldn’t the cops request a remote shutdown?

I guess it would be better than regular vehicles, but the body is only bulletproof to small arms. It isn't bulletproof against rifles. And the windows aren't bulletproof.

still was a very strange thing to show off in the marketing video...hey our car is bulletproof against small arms gunfire

still was a very strange thing to show off in the marketing video...hey our car is bulletproof against small arms gunfire
It was a strange marketing flex. I didnt know that it was a feature people were wanting.

Maybe where the most people will use these it could just be more of a problem of getting shot at while driving i dunno.

If it was bullet resistant all over then i could see the marketing point as it would be usable as a VIP vehicle out of the factory.

Only way im gonna be bullet resistant in my jeep is with body armor lol.

It was a strange marketing flex. I didnt know that it was a feature people were wanting.

Maybe where the most people will use these it could just be more of a problem of getting shot at while driving i dunno.

If it was bullet resistant all over then i could see the marketing point as it would be usable as a VIP vehicle out of the factory.

Only way im gonna be bullet resistant in my jeep is with body armor lol.

good vehicle for protection against road rage

AMC Pacer enters the chat...
Dude, you can't diss the Mirthmobile like that...

1702051828333.png

Pacer was actually revolutionary, as is the cyber truck. The R@D money they dumped. Into the project only to have GM pull the plug on the Wankel engine program its design was hinged on. They did what they could and made it RWD with a 258 -I6

I think the Cyber truck is more in tune with the Aztec styling.

Fortunately there will be a package with bulletproof windows, but they'll be fixed and won't roll down.

Who is the target demographic? To quote the brochure and press kit, "Anyone that has experienced significant childhood trauma, was ever stuffed in a locker or otherwise made to feel small. Now is your vengeance."

cybertruck(1).jpg

Last edited:
Back