Tell us about your first overclock

I've still got my old P166MMX box that I "upgraded" to from my P90... I wonder what thay bad boy can hit, ROFL.

I started giving away some of my old PCs, too much junk in my home/office

My first overclock wan an Athlon64 +3500 from 2.2 to 2.5 with stock cooling and voltage on an Asus motherboard. But then again I just started overclocking the day before yesterday. :D

I uhh.. Never did the overclocking thing back when I had the old computers, I was just always in denial when my buddy had a better comp "oh uhh, I get crappy performance because of this.. oh wait no because of this..". Then I got my 2.4 'C' that Im still using (yeah, I started to overclocking thing a year ago.. but cmon, I was using a 300A Cel before this comp.. /flex!) and that christmas day I overclocked it to 3.2ghz.. And then Enter The Matrix was running like, in fast forward, it was trippy.. I had never thought about overclocking, or reading on it or anything, so I just broke out the bios on my DFI LanParty board, and shoved that fbs up to 250 and thought it was that simple. Oh, wait now I dont have any sound.. and I didnt use a divider because I've got the crappiest ram in the world, and now my games are sped up, not performance wise, but visually because of something.. I had a blast reseting the cmos, and trying it again, and again, and again... Ah, how I miss not knowing what I was doing.. I still have the PMs from the DFI rep that used to post here, when I was asking him questions about dividers and all that jazz, and what I should do.. I still dont overclock, I dont see the need to, but I also dont have the greatest equipment so I dont know what its like to have the best of the best, which doesnt fuel my fire for more power.

The oldest overclocks were stock, near as I recall. It was the turbo button that came with AT PCs. Knocked that speed up from 8 Mhz to 12... or 16 to 24 Mhz... something like that. Believe it was a 50% boost at the push of a button. Some pc's came with manuals warning of stability issues that might result in the higher performance mode.

I overclocked a 333mhz AMD K6-2 to 350mhz - changing from a 95x3.5 to 100x3.5; weird fsb, eh?

Oh, and my first PC, a 166mhz MMX! P1 could run at 200mhz no prob. Heh, I remember paying $100 more for MMX than a non-MMX; what a scam.

My first Oc was when I was 9-10 years old.I had a geforce MX420 and I strapped 2 fans onto it and was able to boost the core 100mhz and the memory 50 mhz.

My very first CPU oc was at 14(my current age,also my first build) and I have a 3000+ S754 that I can currently have at 2.4GHZ.

well i got a job and saved up enough money to buy my own computer, p2 400, top of the line stuff... oced it to 448mhz 2.1v i think.... lasted a few days and hten computer wouldn't turn on :eek: $400 cpu or something dead.

So i went out and spend $300 or something on a p2 333 and ran it at 500mhz 2.4v lol.... think ran forever... years actually i gave it to my mom when i upgraded.. she had it forever

ANyways that oc was crazy, 2.2v was considered as high as you should go... HAH

My first overclock was my TI-83 when i was in high school. I removed and soldered in a different resistor and it make it twice as fast.

It was all good until it tried to play a game and damn, Mario was moving so fast i could barley keep up with what i was doing. :D :D

I never overclocked until I built my first water cooling setup like 2 years ago. I cant remember what I got my P4 clocked up to. I had a 9700 Pro that I water cooled along with the p4 and I remember that I fried it somehow dont remember the details I think I just pushed the damn thing to hard and it just died like 2 months after I water cooled it. Fortunately for me I had the CompUSA warranty and got it replaced to a 9800 for free since they were out of the 9700s hehe.

Well I've been into computers in some form or another since my first Commodore VIC-20... but I never started overclocking until I built an AMD K6-2 350 (IIRC) and I remember being floored when the thing ran stable at 550mhz. Jesus that made Quake and Quake 2 run at like almost 2x as fast as stock!

It ran hot as hell though... :D Not quite Cyrix hot, but still pretty goddamned hot.

Back