• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a copy of the manual of the Aquastream rev 3.0 in english? Trying to figure out which jumper does what on the control panel.
 
Thanks, I had found that aquastream manual, but it seems to have an older version of the control panel. Mine has 3 jumpers. Also the green light is always on since the first time I tunred it on and the pump is working normally, I thought there was a jumper that had to be removed once you got the system filled. Also the aquastream is very sweet. I read somewhere in this thread you can't use the jumper to increase it's power anymore? Not that I need to, just curious.
 
badash said:
Thanks, I had found that aquastream manual, but it seems to have an older version of the control panel. Mine has 3 jumpers. Also the green light is always on since the first time I tunred it on and the pump is working normally, I thought there was a jumper that had to be removed once you got the system filled. Also the aquastream is very sweet. I read somewhere in this thread you can't use the jumper to increase it's power anymore? Not that I need to, just curious.

Where are these 3 jumpers that you are speaking of? Also did you set the jumper originally for the deaeration mode. It sounds to me like you are running in the normal mode. If it was flashing green you would be in the deaeration mode.

There is another thread here on the [H] that has a lot of this info. Also the current revsion of the AquaStream controller is supposedly a version 3 with a version 1.3 firmware.

AFAIK the only way to increase power on a version 3 or greater AquaStream is to use an Aquaero. If you DL the Aquaero manual it talks about this. If you don't have an Aquaero perhaps someone you know does and they can program it for you as the AS has flash memory that retains programming, unless you get an error code in which case it reverts back to the default programming from the factory. This is a safety feature and I suppose also encourages people to buy Aquaero's. :D

Another good place is the Wizard Design Forums for English language help as they are in England.
 
Top Nurse said:
Where are these 3 jumpers that you are speaking of?
--------------
Also the current revsion of the AquaStream controller is supposedly a version 4 with a version 3.99 :rolleyes: firmware.
I bet he is confused by the two sockets for the exchangeable LEDs. They look a bit like jumpers but they aren't.
Well, if not => pictures please, badash :p

There it no v4 controller for the Aquastream pump. The latest version ist 3.0 with firmware 1.30

However, Shoggy has pointed out that there is no changes on the circuit board level with the version 4 controller and it is only associated with the firmware menu.
Mhh, what do you mean? Aquastream controller or Aquaero?
It can't be the Aquastream controller cause there is no v4 *g* And if you mean the Aquaero it's also wrong beacause there are some minor changes. The power for the fans is analog in v4 instead of using PWM.
 
Shoggy said:
There it no v4 controller for the Aquastream pump. The latest version ist 3.0 with firmware 1.30

Mhh, what do you mean? Aquastream controller or Aquaero?
It can't be the Aquastream controller cause there is no v4 *g* And if you mean the Aquaero it's also wrong beacause there are some minor changes. The power for the fans is analog in v4 instead of using PWM.

Ahh...my doctor put me on a medicine that kind of makes me feel looped ;)

This all gets confusing at times because there is no clear source of information for us English speaking people of the world. See this A-C thread and this A-C thread for a certain flavor to this whole issue.

BTW, did you ever figure out what a Win Ding is as opposed to a winding? My apologies for my indiscretions on getting my numbers mixed up. :eek: :eek:
 
Yea that's why I was confused, it came default with the jumper installed but always has the green light constant on, like it never went to deaeration mode, just straight to normal mode. Wonder what will happen when I remove the jumper.
 
zeebs said:
Dan, did the stuff leave Austria yet???

Well I assume so, but that does seem to be the million dollar question that isn't being answered by Dan. I would suggest that you go to this thread for the particulars.
 
Pooky said:
...(on eBay - I was debating buying the 1800, but it was over $100 to ship)...

I'm not sure where you were thinking of getting it from, but you might want to check again on this freight charge. Seems a tad high to me. Give Wes a jingle if your still interested. BTW, I think he also has some of those big Innovatek passive units in stock last time I was there.
 
Just a quick note to let you know that the Cuplex XT is now being made in a silver edition. A-C says that they will be available in two (2) weeks from now. The cost for the complete XT in silver is expected to be 123.90 in Euro's. They expect to make less than 100 of these items so you need to order ASAP!

Contact your favorite distributor for delivery info and USA pricing. :D You know where I would recommend you get it from ;)

Note: Prices on the A-C website are higher ( 143.70 Euro's) due to them charging VAT even for export shipments. :(
 
Well that's two sold in the USA so far (and at least 1 in Austria) as I just ordered one for an A64 from Sharka Corp. I was asking for some particulars on the A-C forum this morning and I think we scooped even them as they didn't know about it yet. :D
 
Judging from the performance difference between Cathar's Cascade and the Silver Cascade, there probably won't be enough performance difference to justify the price of the Silver Cuplex XT.

Of course if all we were concerned with was performance, we'd all have butt ugly, loud systems.

I'm considering ordering a silver Cuplex XT myself but I'm assuming they will be about twice the price of a regular Cuplex XT? That's pushing it for just coolness factor.
 
I wouldn't get the silver block. I doubt it does anything meaningful for your overclock. Plus, any copper or aluminum in your loop would corrode with silver in the mix, since they are less inert than silver.... I would be pretty pissed if my radiator tubes just so happened to get eaten through.
 
WarlordBB said:
Judging from the performance difference between Cathar's Cascade and the Silver Cascade, there probably won't be enough performance difference to justify the price of the Silver Cuplex XT.

Of course if all we were concerned with was performance, we'd all have butt ugly, loud systems.

I'm considering ordering a silver Cuplex XT myself but I'm assuming they will be about twice the price of a regular Cuplex XT? That's pushing it for just coolness factor.

That price estimate seems pretty much correct from what Wes at Sharka Corp told me this morning. However, it's only money and IIRC I paid about $260 for a PSU, $300 for a CPU, $300 for RAM, $250 for a case, and maybe another $600 on the balance of my cooling system. So whats the big deal about a $200 cpu cooler that simply looks fantastic? :cool:

Since I already had a standard Cuplex XT on its way I decided to put that one in my PC-75 in place of my Koolance CPU-200 which to UG to the CPU-300 series would have set me back at least $60...so it really only cost me another $140 right? ;) If you really want to justify it you could always tell yourself that silver conducts better than copper. :D
 
Top Nurse said:
I'm not sure where you were thinking of getting it from, but you might want to check again on this freight charge. Seems a tad high to me. Give Wes a jingle if your still interested. BTW, I think he also has some of those big Innovatek passive units in stock last time I was there.

That wasn't from a company, just an end user looking to offload his using USPS international. Because of that, I bought an Maxi sized Innovatek Passive Rad in blue from www.HighspeedPC.com for much less. High Speed is another good place, mostly for Innovatek stuff and assorted odds and ends. Frozen CPU also has a pretty big and nice Innovatek section, plus they can special order anything you might need. I'm not sure if High Speed PC will, but it can't hurt to ask :)

I'm debating grabbing a pair of silver Twinplex's and a silver Cuplex Pro. I'll probably not bother due to the cost, but it's nice to know I can ;) All I need now is a full block from Alphacool - the NexXxos NVXP-2.
 
Pooky said:
That wasn't from a company, just an end user looking to offload his using USPS international. Because of that, I bought an Maxi sized Innovatek Passive Rad in blue from www.HighspeedPC.com for much less. High Speed is another good place, mostly for Innovatek stuff and assorted odds and ends. Frozen CPU also has a pretty big and nice Innovatek section, plus they can special order anything you might need. I'm not sure if High Speed PC will, but it can't hurt to ask :)

I'm debating grabbing a pair of silver Twinplex's and a silver Cuplex Pro. I'll probably not bother due to the cost, but it's nice to know I can ;) All I need now is a full block from Alphacool - the NexXxos NVXP-2.

Funny thing is that I think all those guys were buying Innovatek from Sharka before Wes decided it was time to let Innovatek be a part of the past. ;) BTW, I just asked Franz and he said about 4 days to him on the NexXxos NVXP-2. So if you order it from Sharka it can come in on the second shipment leaving Austria in about 2 weeks from now. :D
 
Okay guys put on your thinking caps here. I have been thinking about these Silver Twinplex coolers seeing as how I already ordered a Silver Cuplex XT. I'm not a real fan of and am quite leery of buying a single card cooling solution as it seems a bad investment in my upgrade path. So the real question is whether a single card solution with GPU and RAM cooling capability will really outperform a Twinplex cooler?

With my ATi Radeon 9800 Pro, that's supposed to have hot ram, I can put my finger on the ram and it doesn't even seem any warmer than any other chip on the card or MB. So do you think the Twinplex will cool the GPU alone as well as the FX6600 series cards will do? I think I can make some pretty efficient heatsinks to put on the RAM from some cut up 486 aluminum heatsinks.
 
Franz at IT-Trade has asked if we could help him out on a little Aqua Computer fishing expedition. Please follow this link and vote for your favorite A-C gear. :D
 
Greetings R1ckCa1n...

I'm going over to Sharka today so I will inquire :) I did notice that last night the A-C logo was put up on their website and a quick blurb about some A-C products (towards bottom of front page). Wes told me he wasn't going to put that up till the stuff was either shipped or being imminently ready to ship. Let you know later today. I think my used EVO 240 should arrive today from the east coast as well :D
 
Top Nurse said:
Greetings R1ckCa1n...

I'm going over to Sharka today so I will inquire :) I did notice that last night the A-C logo was put up on their website and a quick blurb about some A-C products (towards bottom of front page). Wes told me he wasn't going to put that up till the stuff was either shipped or being imminently ready to ship. Let you know later today. I think my used EVO 240 should arrive today from the east coast as well :D

Great!

I need a Evo360 grill so i can put this stuff together. Please let us know what you find out.
 
Top Nurse.

Will Wes be getting any Aquatubes as well as its accessories in? Specifically the Aquabay and the UV LED?
 
Shoggy said:
The UV-LED is crap...

(only my opinion)



If used right it works well, highlighter marker and just add it to the water. Its not as dense as swiftech's junk so the light works for me.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Update on Sharka's order?

I didn't get a chance to go over today. Tomorrow I have to go to JCL Company to see about getting another V2000B and was planning on dropping by Sharka in morning to chat and order some more Legris fittings. Will post tomorrow about it or if I chat with Franz tonight I will post in early AM. :)
 
Vlad335 said:
Top Nurse.

Will Wes be getting any Aquatubes as well as its accessories in? Specifically the Aquabay and the UV LED?

I'm not sure what has been sold already, but I can tell you that he was importing 5 Aquaero VFD's, 10 ea of the three different 120mm grills (120, 240, 360), 10 ea Aquatube's, 10 ea Aquabay's, plenty of Aquatube mtg plates (black & silver), 10 ea Aquatube DIY LED mounts, Aquaero-Aquastream cables, lots of AC fluid and Blue Motion, some Aquaero flow sensors, 10 ea Cuplex XT's w/ all the mtg plate screens to fit any processor, 10 ea Aquastream's, plus a whole bunch of Plug n Cool fittings and other stuff that I can't remember. I suppose some of it was also support stuff as he is big on servicing what he sells :)

Wes says the next order is already budgeted and will be ordered about the time the first order shows up here in the USA. I think he plans on another substantial order in various stock of parts, coolers, all the color Aquatubes, etc. Then he says that he will be ordering about twice a month to keep the flow of stock on the shelves ready to ship at time of order. From talking with him I get the sense that he really hates backordered products as it makes for a PITA for all concerned.

At one time he was the sole importer of Innovatek products and was distributing them to places like Frozen CPU. However, when Innovablabla started their terible RMA policies and stick it in your ear attitudes he really cut back on his Innovablabla ordering. So I expect great things from Sharka Corp as he has the capital, business sense, and technical background to move a lot of A-C products here in the USA.

I also ordered a Silver XT that will come in on the next order in about 3 weeks, which is one piece of real eye candy. :D :D
 
Vlad335 said:
Thanks.

Maybe I will look into a green led then

With the DIY LED holders Sharka has coming in you can put whatever LED your little heart desires in it. I'm planning on using a special multi-color LED :p

You can go to just about any electronics store and get the right LED for the job. Fry's, Orvac's, and even RS will have what you need. Pop the LED in, add a little RTV, and your set to go! Make sure you have the right series resistor inline for the voltage you are running. Some LED units come with the resistor already integrated and some don't so it pays to ask about these things before you buy. ;)
 
zeebs said:
I wouldn't get the silver block. I doubt it does anything meaningful for your overclock. Plus, any copper or aluminum in your loop would corrode with silver in the mix, since they are less inert than silver.... I would be pretty pissed if my radiator tubes just so happened to get eaten through.

Might or might not...who knows till ya try! Besides, even if it's so so you still got a lot of sterling silver that's worth something every time the price of silver goes up ;)

One other deal is that having silver in your system completely eliminates any chance of biological contamination :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top