Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way ikellensbro perhaps we didn't make this clear enough about the topic in this thread. It is about Aqua-Computer parts, mods, pics, vendors, etc. In essence it can be anything that applies to Aqua-Computer. What you are posting is not Aqua-Computer related. Perhaps you are taking a different view on what Aqua-Computer really means like in the general sense of "aqua" = water and thus water + computer encompasses your post right? Please go here to Aqua-Computer for what we mean by the products called Aqua-Computer. :)

BTW, I wanted to encourage that you keep trying different ideas to see what works the best for you in block design. If your doing this at 15 years old then you will be light years ahead when you get around to going to college and doing frat lan parties :D

[S]nt|Mods said:
...Aqua-Computer would not out source their products to be built in China, it would lose the appeal. The slogan is "Nothing beats German engineering" after all. Everything in their inventory is made in Germany with the exception of a few pieces from Italy.

Well I would like to think so, but the samples of pneumatic fittings (plug N cool) I received (made in China) look remarkably similar to the ones A-C markets. They might be knock offs of German manufacture, but I really seriously doubt that A-C makes their own pneumatic fittings. They are almost a commodity item made all over the world. Besides German engineered products can be built anywhere....

Just a quick note to mention that Sharka Corp is now officially taking orders for A-C products as well as AlphaCool products. It will be a while before they get the products up on their webstore, but in the meantime you can call 1-714-375-0275 voice or 1-714-375-0331 Fax to order anything your little heart desires. E-mail = Sharka Computers. My order is scheduled to ship in a couple of days out of Austria so there is still time to add something on to this shipment :p I have asked that they wait until they can ship the new XT blocks that should be available in the next couple of days :D :cool: :D

Top Nurse said:
Well I would like to think so, but the samples of pneumatic fittings (plug N cool) I received (made in China) look remarkably similar to the ones A-C markets. They might be knock offs of German manufacture, but I really seriously doubt that A-C makes their own pneumatic fittings. They are almost a commodity item made all over the world. Besides German engineered products can be built anywhere....

I believe AC buys the Plug n Cool fittings from Festo, who call them "QS", as in QS 1/8 8 for a straight screw-in fitting for 1/8 thread and 8mm OD hose, or QSLL 1/4 10 for a long, L-shaped screw-in for 1/4 thread and 10mm OD hose. See http://www.festo.de for more info.

Shoggy said:
Who knows, who cares? ;)
Exacty :cool:

No one thinks there might be some whirpool action going on with two outlets going into the res? If not, Im makin' a 3-holer! (not outhouse you idiot) I might try putting the outlets at 45* angles from the top of the side. Kinda like this:

side_barbs.JPG

Well, I didnt think that there would be a $10 shipping charge for a 0.5 pound piece of copper, so this whole project will probably end up costing me around $80 :(. For anyone who wants to make a cheap WC setup, unless you already have everything you need to make your own block, buy a used waterblock instead for around $15, mines going to end up costing me about $30 :mad:. At least I'll have made it myself, very ghetto(ly?).

Shoggy said:
Or maybe from Legris.

Who knows, who cares? ;)

ROFL! Hi Shoggy

Well it really is difficult to tell with all these multi-national corps outsourcing stuff right and left. Something made today in Germany could be made in Mexico on the next shipment. But that was my point, as I only want to pay exchange rates and shipping on stuff I can't get here in the USA. I especially don't want to buy American products that have made the trip across the pond TWICE. ;)

So the reasonable prudent nurse looks into these kinds of things to save more $$ for more fantastic German technological Aqua-Computer hardware. :D Those XT blocks are pricey no matter where you buy them!

I'm absolutely amazed sometimes how well private enterprise works. A few well placed suggestions can move mountains! Check out this link to IT-Trade to instantly check A-C stock over in Austria 24 hours a day. You can then order from the distributor of your choice or even directly from IT-Trade.

Little Grabbi said:
I believe AC buys the Plug n Cool fittings from Festo, who call them "QS", as in QS 1/8 8 for a straight screw-in fitting for 1/8 thread and 8mm OD hose, or QSLL 1/4 10 for a long, L-shaped screw-in for 1/4 thread and 10mm OD hose. See http://www.festo.de for more info.

Thanks for the info! As I always say, the more supply the more the merrier modder :D

Top Nurse said:
Thanks for the info! As I always say, the more supply the more the merrier modder :D

Does it really matter where AC buys them from, there are lots of places that sell such fittings. Same thing with US companies. It's not like they're making their own or anything or will be in short supply.

Pooky said:
Does it really matter where AC buys them from, there are lots of places that sell such fittings. Same thing with US companies. It's not like they're making their own or anything or will be in short supply.

Hi Pooky and Happy Birthday!

I signed up over at the bit-tech forum and was heading over to Wizards later this evening. Any particular Aqua-Computer links I should be aware of?

As far as the A-C source it really doesn't matter. But I like to have a uniform look to my WC components. The pneumatic plug N cool type fittings are not all produced in the same colors and styles by different manufacturers. For instance the plastic rings are available in about 5 different colors. I'm trying to ascertain whether a ring from one manufacturer will fit on another source's fitting as they are evidently exchangable from one color to another. Some people could probably care less, but I'm a color coordinated type of gal :cool:

Top Nurse said:
Hi Pooky and Happy Birthday!

I signed up over at the bit-tech forum and was heading over to Wizards later this evening. Any particular Aqua-Computer links I should be aware of?

As far as the A-C source it really doesn't matter. But I like to have a uniform look to my WC components. The pneumatic plug N cool type fittings are not all produced in the same colors and styles by different manufacturers. For instance the plastic rings are available in about 5 different colors. I'm trying to ascertain whether a ring from one manufacturer will fit on another source's fitting as they are evidently exchangable from one color to another. Some people could probably care less, but I'm a color coordinated type of gal :cool:

Thanks

Well, I've got fittings with metal rings, black rings, blue rings, orange rings with a G1/4" thread that all work with my Plug and Cool hose. I also have an assortment of metal and plastic fittings - Y's, T's etc. I prefer the metal rings, just because they're metal, then in terms of color, it's black, orange and then blue. Some came from Aqua Computer via Dan (mostly metal and black) and the others came from Alphacool (blue, metal, black) and a pnuematics shop (orange).

Those look like Legris products. They sell much better than what AC sells (metal with plastic retainer rings), or the full-plastic parts, at least over here.

The only issue that I have with the full metal plug&cool fittings is that the tubing doesnt always easily slide in and out of the socket. The plastic sleeves are much easier to work with.

-Dan

Nice stuff nigely but Resize your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have cox and it took about a minute for that picture to come up.

Back on topic, once again, I wont have a whirpool effect with two outlets going into the same reservoir, right? Right?

ikellensbro said:
Nice stuff nigely but Resize your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have cox and it took about a minute for that picture to come up.

Back on topic, once again, I wont have a whirpool effect with two outlets going into the same reservoir, right? Right?

Two into one? are you going to have two separate loops into one res? I tried this before and the only problem is having such a small res like the aquatube theres some water turbulance if you dont fill it all the way to the top (ie. bubbles will start to apear if the water level is to low) it will work though and it will save you from getting two aquatubes, though having two in mine looks good IMO. :D

Also have cox and i never had to wait for a pic that long i think there was smoke coming from my modem. Here is a link to a computer a did with a bay res two inlets two outlets bad pics but you get the idea ( i hope ) http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837620

How did you have your barbs set up? Both of them side by side, or on above the other? And did you have the barbs just going straight in, or at angles? Sorry for all the questions, this is my first WC setup, and I dont want to really screw anything up...too badly.

On the aquatube inlets were on the side, outlets were at the bottom. The inlets were side by side on the side inlets , then separate on the bottom ( Aquatubes have 3 holes at the bottom and three holes on the side ) I'll look for a picture and post it for you if i can find one.

nigely said:
I really like the metal ring fittings, specially on Silver waterblock like the alphacool xp

I normally like metal fittings, but those look like they are in bad need of some black chrome :D

[S]nt|Mods said:
The only issue that I have with the full metal plug&cool fittings is that the tubing doesnt always easily slide in and out of the socket. The plastic sleeves are much easier to work with.

A little spit works wonders in in applying tubing to water cooling fittings. Are you saying that didn't work as well?

Aviddigi said:
Two into one? are you going to have two separate loops into one res? I tried this before and the only problem is having such a small res like the aquatube theres some water turbulance if you dont fill it all the way to the top (ie. bubbles will start to apear if the water level is to low) it will work though and it will save you from getting two aquatubes, though having two in mine looks good IMO.

Two AquaTubes? Pics please :)

That's awesome! I was noticing a while back that they sure wasted a lot of space in the top of the new V series cases. I can see that I'm going to have to go get a V2000 case soon as I got to much stuff to fit into to little space :(

Hopefully once we get some stocking A-C dealers here in the USA we can get this warranty stuff done locally and let the dealers do their stuff with A-C in the background.:D

Little Grabbi said:
...which is why they come in that flavor (among many others)

Well since my A-C stuff is imminent I suppose I will see about tracking down a distributor here in the LA area. Shouldn't be too hard as the Los Angeles area is rampant with aircraft and aerospace companies.

Top Nurse said:
A little spit works wonders in in applying tubing to water cooling fittings. Are you saying that didn't work as well?

The metal ones have also brought to my attention a few complaints as well from customers. With the plastic alternative, the tubing must be pushed past what is felt to be 1 point of resistance. The metal sleeve seems to have 2 points of this "resistance" and have caused setups to leak do to the user thinking the connection was tight the first time.

Also, from what I have seen over this past year, Aqua-Computer has changed their supply of Plug&Cool fittings twice. They are also now machining their own 1/8" straight P&C fittings.

Also, I have always taken care of Warranty returns for items purchased through my shop but I doubt that Aqua-Computer will allow a more universal system in place in the US without an extension like Aqua-Computer USA.

Im also a stocking dealer, been that way for 16 months Nurse, way before you even interested yourself in AC. Sometimes there are some shortages of a certain item and then the challenge is improved.

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
The metal ones have also brought to my attention a few complaints as well from customers. With the plastic alternative, the tubing must be pushed past what is felt to be 1 point of resistance. The metal sleeve seems to have 2 points of this "resistance" and have caused setups to leak do to the user thinking the connection was tight the first time.

I have seen several items on the Legris site that fully explain this issue here & here. So I don't think this is related to the metal per se. Swiftech also has some information on this here

Also, from what I have seen over this past year, Aqua-Computer has changed their supply of Plug&Cool fittings twice. They are also now machining their own 1/8" straight P&C fittings.

Perhaps they are importing from China? BWTF who cares so long as they work right and look good. :) That's interesting that they would machine their own couplings. They must have a lot of down machine time and decided to pick up the slack a bit. So why do you keep saying they are back logged all the time if they have excess machine capacity?

Also, I have always taken care of Warranty returns for items purchased through my shop but I doubt that Aqua-Computer will allow a more universal system in place in the US without an extension like Aqua-Computer USA.

How can you do warranty replacements if you don't have the stock? Usually foreign firms, such as Asetek and Innovatek for example, let their stocking dealers do warranty replacements as they really don't want the stuff back. They usually just want a quick note as to the actual problem and a pic. Then they send a replacement out on the next shipment. :)

Im also a stocking dealer, been that way for 16 months Nurse, way before you even interested yourself in AC. Sometimes there are some shortages of a certain item and then the challenge is improved.

So being a noobie to A-C makes me some how a less than?

Thanks for the help Aviddigi, I also decided what to do for a res:

P310194 (Small).JPG

Only had a 2 liter of Diet Dew, but it still looks ghettp enough for me :)
I'll have two barbs near the bottom close together, and another exit barb on the very bottom, in the center. Itll be filled pretty close to the top, although my dad might make me use bleach instead of antifreeze as a biocide :( I would have to add something to make the fluid green then, and that was one of the reasons I had for choosing the Mountain Dew bottle.

I probably wont be done with everything until next weekend at the earliest, since Im back in school & getting the copper bar in the mail on Monday & my access to the mill is going to my grandpas house over the weekend. Oh well, you can look for other updates in my Knex Case/Ghetto Watercooling worklog that I started.

Top Nurse said:
I have seen several items on the Legris site that fully explain this issue here & here. So I don't think this is related to the metal per se. Swiftech also has some information on this here

Perhaps they are importing from China? BWTF who cares so long as they work right and look good. :) That's interesting that they would machine their own couplings. They must have a lot of down machine time and decided to pick up the slack a bit. So why do you keep saying they are back logged all the time if they have excess machine capacity?

How can you do warranty replacements if you don't have the stock? Usually foreign firms, such as Asetek and Innovatek for example, let their stocking dealers do warranty replacements as they really don't want the stuff back. They usually just want a quick note as to the actual problem and a pic. Then they send a replacement out on the next shipment. :)

So being a noobie to A-C makes me some how a less than?

I have never posted that AC was back logged (as a whole) most of the wait is for order filling. Some items are back logged for several months, one case was the simple Aquaero Aluminum Front Screen.

I also do have the stock, I have stock sitting right behind me. Like I also posted, some items are not here right now and those items are coming in next week. In the case of AC, they want the stuff sent back for warranty repair or return. In the mean time I exchange a new item for the defective one and I decide to ship it back to Germany or try to offer it at an extreme discount if there are features that are usable (like the 1 defective Aquaero with 2 working fan headers). I run this business so I have already had to go through these issues. Return shipping to Germany is expensive if you didnt already know for anything "heavy".

I was not personally attacking you at all, it just seems that you dont give any credit to SNT when it indeed is due. I will remain here to give the whole story when I feel it is indeed necessary. You simply do not know Aqua-Computer and what its like working with them as much as I do.

-Dan

ikellensbro said:

I'll have two barbs near the bottom close together, and another exit barb on the very bottom, in the center. Itll be filled pretty close to the top, although my dad might make me use bleach instead of antifreeze as a biocide :( I would have to add something to make the fluid green then, and that was one of the reasons I had for choosing the Mountain Dew bottle.

Best looking Aquatube I've seen in a long while and the price is right, but slightly Off Topic Ikellensbro :eek:

ikellensbro said:

P310194 (Small).JPG

I probably wont be done with everything until next weekend at the earliest, since Im back in school & getting the copper bar in the mail on Monday & my access to the mill is going to my grandpas house over the weekend. Oh well, you can look for other updates in my Knex Case/Ghetto Watercooling worklog that I started.

Seriously now, as interesting as it is to look in on the worklog of a "ghetto" WC setup, you should definitely post in the other threads or start your own elsewhere instead of piggybacking off this Aqua-Computer support thread. The title and first post kinda set those rules.

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
I was not personally attacking you at all, it just seems that you dont give any credit to SNT when it indeed is due. I will remain here to give the whole story when I feel it is indeed necessary. You simply do not know Aqua-Computer and what its like working with them as much as I do.

Actually I do think that SNT Systems has done a lot to promote Aqua-Computer products here in the USA. As I pointed out earlier I have no doubts that you will survive. That is obvious as you are learning to be smarter in covering your tracks ;) Well I guess we will all see just what flys, but I have always seen competition as a good thing. It makes good things rise to the top and bad things fall to the bottom of the pile.

Sorry guys, I have been getting off topic here even a day after I started my worklog. I'll post back here once everything is done so I dont distract you guys from AC anymore :p

Well you knew what I meant right?

I've waited long enough and you either added to my order or you didn't. Should be leaving Austria from IT-Trade come Monday some time. Call Sharka immediately if you want in or wait till the next shipment. I'm not sure how much stock is coming in for their webshop or what so you will just have to wait and see along with me :p

Top Nurse said:
I'm absolutely amazed sometimes how well private enterprise works. A few well placed suggestions can move mountains! Check out this link to IT-Trade to instantly check A-C stock over in Austria 24 hours a day. You can then order from the distributor of your choice or even directly from IT-Trade.

Quite a few questions have popped up in my PM and other places concerning the above link and how it relates to consumers here in the USA.

Franz put it up for retail English speaking customers at my request. If your interested in the details as to why, you can see at this A-C English Forum thread. I was in the process of doing it and Franz IM'd me and said he could do it with a flick of his magic wand and voila *POOF* it appeared. It is for the use of any English speaking person, but I don't think you can get to it from the Austrian retail webshop he runs. If you have something you want you can check stock and then order it from whatever dealer you want.

For those in the know, the only difference between the reseller list and this list is that the reseller list shows distributor prices where obviously this one does not.

Now why did he do this? I can only speculate that he thought it would increase his sales in one manner or another. Consumers should be much more willing to buy stuff if they know that the product(s) is actually in stock over in Europe. It also eliminates any question over whether the stuff was back-ordered and he can no longer be "blamed" for slow deliveries. So I assume it is a Win-Win situation for all concerned.

The latest order is still being prepped for shipment from abroad and I believe, hoping :), that I will be receiving everything at the end of this next week and I will be redirecting items out within hours and filling all backorders. I thank you for your patience and for not visiting my home to take me on a long drive to the beach, desert or woods.

I also want to let the public know that no person other than myself and Franz of IT-Trade can even begin to comment about any possible issues relating to AC inventory stock or listing of items throughout our catalogs. This also includes the same comments that most of you have seen posted in this forum and at SNT by a certain individual.

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me in any way possible. I am here for you and only you, the community.

-Dan

They are "loud" by AC's standards and goes against their cooling concept of silence. For most users its a pump that doesnt make much noise at all.

-Dan

Pretty much what Dan already stated, but AC defines it as loud because it is audible over an Eheim 1046/Aquastream. The simple fact that you can hear it working is enough to doom it.

Did you have a need for the DDC in a Plug and Cool enviorment? Watercool (www.watercool.de) make a plexiglass top for the DDC that can accept 2 G1/4" threads. I've got one on my DDC and it's pretty spiffy. It also has the ability to mount into a 3.5" bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back