Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Well I saw aquacomputer stuff and fell in love with it. I just have a couple questions.

1. Will the aquagrafx rev 2.0 or Polarflo TT VGA blocks fit with SLI on the DFI SLI-DR?
2. Which pump will perform beter, the Aqua Stream 12v rev 3 or Polarflo TT (the $105 one)
3. Will the Evo 240 fit in the top of the Coolermaster ATC-101b width wise? My dtek procore is like 3mm too wide to fit between the 5.25 bays, so I could only use a single rad, but I have a feeling the airplex is less wide, which would be AWESOME.

This is my parts list for cooling my SLI setup right now, everything look okay?

aquabay (the 5.25 bay mounting kit for the aquatube)
aqua tube
aquazilla
Aquatube LED mod
2x Polarflo TT VGA OR 2x AquaGFX 6800 Rev2
Airplex Evo 120
Airplex Evo 120 Standard Grill
PolarFLO TT Pump or aquastream 12v

computerpro3 said:
Well I saw aquacomputer stuff and fell in love with it.

Yea I know what you mean. It has a unique intrinsic beauty to it doesn't it.

I don't have the DFI board but if you **follow me here** this IS the place to ask. And a few posts back there is a compatability post link to Aqua-Computers website that may have that information. Others might be able to help you on the PolarFlo question. When Dan decides to post again he might be able to answer that or perhaps someone else will answer.

Please keep in mind that comparing a PolarFlo and an Aquastream pump is somewhat like comparing apples and oranges. The Aquastream is designed to do much more than just pump H20 around the circuit. The pump can be OC so to speak and increase or lower the flow rate, has onboard diagnostics, and even has non-volatile ram (flash) for storing of parameters. If you go here there is a bit of recent info on this same issue. Personally I think they will both perform well it's really a judgemnt call IMHO.

I don't have an Evo 240 yet as mine is on the way, but perhaps others know. As I said before the A-C Germany forum is a tremendous resource to us and the part I led you to is strictly English.

Your parts all look good, but I would mention that the Aquazilla will only fit into one of the specially modded AquaTube's by SNT. I believe the link provided is in addition to the price of the AquaTube as well. So if you decide to go that route the AquaStream pump may not give you sufficient flow for a Big is Better 1/2 tube ;)

Top Nurse said:
Well you can live right down the street! Move out to sunny California and wear short pants at the Rose Parade :D

Soon I'll be in Oregon (I need to get out of the desert/dustbowl that is New Mexico). That's close enough, I could plan road trips with a few friends to buy AC stuff in sunny California :)

More German is always a good thing :cool:

computerpro3 said:
Hi everyone,

Well I saw aquacomputer stuff and fell in love with it. I just have a couple questions.

1. Will the aquagrafx rev 2.0 or Polarflo TT VGA blocks fit with SLI on the DFI SLI-DR?
2. Which pump will perform beter, the Aqua Stream 12v rev 3 or Polarflo TT (the $105 one)
3. Will the Evo 240 fit in the top of the Coolermaster ATC-101b width wise? My dtek procore is like 3mm too wide to fit between the 5.25 bays, so I could only use a single rad, but I have a feeling the airplex is less wide, which would be AWESOME.

1. The Aquagra6800's should fit with SLI. I have no idea about the Polarflo.

2. Like she said, the Aquastream does a lot more than just push water, but in a power for power situation, the Polarflo pump (the Laing DDC) is better. It's got a massive amount of head pressure and double the flow rate of the Eheim 1048. If you care about flow rate monitoring and multi pump abilitys, there's the Aquaero, which is expensive but can push the pump into a 1048, amoung other things. If you're looking into a higher flow setup, the Polarflo pump will probably suit your needs a bit better.

3. I have a Coolermaster ATC201B, but I have not tested it, simply because the case is in the shed and it's raining heavily, then I'll need to find it :( I suppose I could try, but I do know there have been dimensions listed soemwhere, and I'll look for those. If you're not into the little tubing and low flw, perhaps a Black Ice rad will work better? That's closer to your core than the Aqua Computer tube/fin rads and is smaller width-wise.

Shoggy said:
It's already available and costs 99 euro (without fittings).

Thanks, now I just have to wait until it becomes available someplace for me to order it from.

Just got a few posts from some others regarding Sharka Corp. I will see Wes today to find out what's up and will post tonight. :)

I also just sent a request for price & delivery to [email protected] to see what terms and conditions were available. All you need to do is to send an e-mail to the aforementioned address with what you want. You should get a PDF file back that contains an invoice in a very short time if it is a weekday. The invoice is quite professional looking and he will take credit cards, wire transfers, PayPal, and other forms of payment (first born son ;-). The invoice I got came denominated in Euro's, but you can pay in Dollars via PayPal by just multiplying with a factor of 1.3, but with a credit card it all gets done behind the scenes as far as you are concerned.

I wouldn't be troubled by the SNT issues with PayPal as this guy has a lot of stock and is recommended by Aqua-Computer Germany for export sales to the USA. He is very eager to do business with us all :D

BTW, I also contacted the retail Aqua-Computer Berlin store. They don't seem as easy to deal with and only take wire transfers of funds. However, their shipping and handling fees were quite a bit less (only 30 Euro) whereas IT-Trade was about 85 Euro for the large quote I gave them. So I will have to compare the total costs to see what is the best deal. I should also point out that IT-Trades prices do not include VAT or other taxes. I'm not sure if Aqua-Computers webshop includes VAT, but I think it does. I have sent Stefan Krumme at A-C Berlin an E asking for clarification on this issue.

My aqua computer parts finally arrived today and I started putting everything together.

I'm having trouble securing, and un-securing the tubing when I put it in the plug and cool barbs. I've turned the little cap anti clockwise about 3 times, then tried pulling at the tubing but it wont come out. Is there something I should be doing different?

I was also wondering how I would fill the system. I have one of the AC reservoirs, but it is mounted on it's side, has the side-holes near the bottom (so no change of filling through them) and has the pump behind it, so is pretty in-accessable when put in the case. Any ideas?

Thanks

Zxcs said:
My aqua computer parts finally arrived today and I started putting everything together.

I'm having trouble securing, and un-securing the tubing when I put it in the plug and cool barbs. I've turned the little cap anti clockwise about 3 times, then tried pulling at the tubing but it wont come out. Is there something I should be doing different?

Congrats on your new stuff!

Push the ring in and pull the tube out. It doesn't do any good to turn it. Also make sure you cut off at least 1/2 inch of the tube before putting it back in or it may not seal properly :eek: If you go back a ways in the forum there is a link for an Aqua-Computer manual posted by Shoggy that has all this kind of stuff covered.

Added:

It gets filled from the front. Take off the Plexiglass cover and fill it up by turning your computer on its back. Conversely you can leave it unmounted (hold it in your hand) while bleeding the system and then mount it.

Thanks a ton guys. Will post pictures of it when I get it all setup (will probably continue it through the night, since I've been waiting so long). At the moment its looking like a gigantic mess. :D

Top Nurse said:
I should also point out that IT-Trades prices do not include VAT or other taxes. I'm not sure if Aqua-Computers webshop includes VAT, but I think it does.
Yes, it does. VAT is 16%.

Stefan also tries to get PayPal for payment if I got him right.

I did not pay VAT from it-trade for any of my AC parts, also the price is a little less since your in the US.

VAT taxes only apply to European Union countries. Americans do not pay them AFAIK, which is why I E'd Stefan Krumme back. I don't read German well enough to figure out whether the A-C website includes the VAT or not. However, my next door neighbor reads German fairly fluently so perhaps in a day or two I can say for sure if Stefan doesn't reply.

Aviddigi said:
I did not pay VAT from it-trade for any of my AC parts, also the price is a little less since your in the US.

I compared IT-Trade's prices to the list shown on the A-C webshop and they are about 15-16% cheaper which would account for the VAT. For those who don't know, VAT = Value Added Tax. Google it as I don't want to explain it ;) Just be glad you don't have to pay for it :D Though as an afterthought you do have to pay for part of it :( When you Google it you will see what I mean as it is complex.

Spoke with Wes at Sharka Corp yesterday afternoon. He called to speak with Franz at IT-Trade early Monday (wee hours PST) but he wasn't in the office. I believe he will be trying again right about now, which should be about 0900 in Austria. Once he actually speaks with him he will be ready to get my order finalized.

I think the reason he sent that cryptic note to you all was so he could at least get back to you while he was still trying to speak directly to IT-Trade since time differences and schedules were getting in the way. I would look to be getting an e-mail soon with price and delivery info.

Added:

Franz out sick today so perhaps we shall hear back by Wednesday ;)

Ok, after a good 10 hours work, numerous problems and hitches, I finally got the whole system ready to go. However I cannot seem to bleed the air out of it, it seems to "hang" on the top of the tubes, I've tried tilting the case and no look.
Any tips?

Thanks!

How about cocking your finger and releasing it in a very fast movement? Also called "The flick procedure." :cool:

If all else fails forget it as the air will eventually get back to your reservoir. :)

i just bought a cuplex evo 1.1 with the 10mm barbs

I want to use it in a 1/2 id x 3/4 od loop. what do you guys suggest i can do to get it to work?

can i change the barbs easily?

k, I bled the system, with air left in the top of the res. However after about 10minutes, the air started to circulate back around the system, and cpu core temps went up to 90C. I immediatly shut the computer off and now have only the watercooling running, to bleed the air out. Any idea why the air went back around the system, and why my temps are so high? (50C on nvidia GPUs).

Also, both my graphics cards are reporting "not enough power" when I boot windows, I know it is not a PSU problem as I have all the WC parts on a seperate PSU (system is on 510 sli, so no problems should arise). I think its because I bent the 6800s when applying the waterblocks, anyone have links to instructions on how to apply them?

Thanks a ton for your help already guys, this watercooling is becoming a real pain the ass, a good looking pain however. ;)

Top Nurse said:
Laing DDC pump mated to an AquaTube. Not sure when this will be available for sale. This version of the DDC also has a tachometer signal off the motor.
Just a quote from Stephan, only a few minutes old ;)

"Hi,
the Laing DDC-pump is really loud against a Eheim. Our philosphy is selling really quiet solutions. So we have decided to stop selling any of the DDC-pumps.
At the moment we have severeal requests for the DDC - so maybe we will sell it again with warnings in the shop. I wouldn't buy this pump.
A combination with the aquatube is very loud, because the existing resonance frequency of the motor will be amplified by the aquatube and the hole case. We are working on several new ideas for pumps and we will certainly provide you better solutions than this."

Tyrant222 said:
i just bought a cuplex evo 1.1 with the 10mm barbs

I want to use it in a 1/2 id x 3/4 od loop. what do you guys suggest i can do to get it to work?

can i change the barbs easily?

Is the thread size on the cooler G 1/8 which is a 1/8 BSPP thread? If so I don't think it's possible, but you might find something usable at McMaster Carr

hey top,

Im not sure what threads it uses (dont have the cuplex yet). i couldnt find anything specific about that on the cuplex page, but checking out a description of a plug and cool straight it says the following:

"1/4" fittings are designed for use with the Aqua-Computer Airplex Evo series of radiators, the Alphacool Coolplex and AGB2 water reservoirs and the Alphacool GP, GP2 and GPX GPU coolers. 1/8" fittings are designed for everything else from the AC and Alphacool catalog."

so by reading this i assume its 1/8"?

Tyrant222 said:
hey top,

Im not sure what threads it uses (dont have the cuplex yet). i couldnt find anything specific about that on the cuplex page, but checking out a description of a plug and cool straight it says the following:

"1/4" fittings are designed for use with the Aqua-Computer Airplex Evo series of radiators, the Alphacool Coolplex and AGB2 water reservoirs and the Alphacool GP, GP2 and GPX GPU coolers. 1/8" fittings are designed for everything else from the AC and Alphacool catalog."

so by reading this i assume its 1/8"?

All Aqua Computer blocks, reservoirs and pumps use a G1/8" thread. The Radiators use a G1/4" thread. Anything not made by Aqua Computer will probably use a G1/4" thread. If it's German, it's either G1/8" or G1/4".

Pooky is correct. But you never know what you are getting if it is used. I think it will be highly improbable that you will be able to run that large diameter tube as the thread in the cooler is 1/8 BSPP (British Standard Parallel Pipe) which IIRC is about .375" in OD. If you go to McMaster Carr and type in "BSPP" it will come up with all the required info you might need.

I think i might have an easier time converting to 3/8. the only other thing ive bought is the pump.

The pump I bought is the mcp600 rev 1 with the 1/2 barbs.

now to get this to work with 3/8 ID, can I use the quick connects?

the pump looks like this

with the quick connects here

then i would be gold for using 3/8 id x 1/2 od. which i dont mind much really. have not spent money on a rad or res yet.

although im unsure how the quick connects fit on the pump. here are the quick connects i need.

looks like it wont work because i need the pump with the 1/2 npt threads like here

i am just after the best solution that requires the least modification.
(like i would not like to run the flow reducers)

oh I also see cooltechnia has barbs they use on the 50z as well. But i dont see them being sold seperate. those would work fine too. then again i dont even think it will work because i think i need the other pump

edit: i appreciate everyones help, especially top nurse. (newbie to WC)

Top Nurse said:
Just for the record, Aqua-Computer (the manufacturer) in Germany does not make any shipments to the USA though that may change in a few months. For now all shipments to the USA are only through one of their European distributors or retailers that is willing to export to the USA. If you go to the Aqua-Computer website you can find out who all these companies are though the ones most people deal with are Aqua-Computer Berlin or IT-Trade in Austria. Please note that Aqua-Computer Berlin is NOT owned or associated with Aqua-Computer.

Verbal & written language translation is so fun :rolleyes:

Okay now I'm starting to understand the issues. A-C Berlin is in fact a factory or manufacturer's strictly retail store. When I spoke with Chris he said that it was not a part of A-C, but just used part of the name which I thought was awfully nice on their part at the time. I was thinking they wouldn't mind if I called a company here Aqua-Computer USA. :p

So A-C Berlin doesn't appear to have a wholesale or export license that allows them to sell products without charging VAT. So it appears that buying from A-C Berlin is not going to happen for most Americans as we do not want to participate in a VAT that does not directly benefit us. I think that Aqua-Computer itself needs to set itself up to directly sell to USA private citizens and also more importantly to distributors and retailers here. That appears to be the simple solution...

Tyrant222 said:
I think i might have an easier time converting to 3/8. the only other thing ive bought is the pump.

The pump I bought is the mcp600 rev 1 with the 1/2 barbs.

now to get this to work with 3/8 ID, can I use the quick connects?

the pump looks like this

with the quick connects here

then i would be gold for using 3/8 id x 1/2 od. which i dont mind much really. have not spent money on a rad or res yet.

although im unsure how the quick connects fit on the pump. here are the quick connects i need.

looks like it wont work because i need the pump with the 1/2 npt threads like here

i am just after the best solution that requires the least modification.
(like i would not like to run the flow reducers)

oh I also see cooltechnia has barbs they use on the 50z as well. But i dont see them being sold seperate. those would work fine too. then again i dont even think it will work because i think i need the other pump

edit: i appreciate everyones help, especially top nurse. (newbie to WC)

Just buy the pump with the quick connects and a good 3/8" ID hose. You'll be able to use those with everythign you want and just attach the hose over the 3/8" barbs on the AC stuff and clamp it. Everything looks fine :) Cool Technica is a great place to buy from too.

Pooky,
You could also use 7/16" ID with a 3/32" wall this would fit the 10mm if clamped tightly and can be fit over the 1/2" by putting the end of it in hot water for a bit and then sliding it on. This is the plan for mine once I get all my AC parts in.

Okay guys this issue with VAT seems to be in the process of getting fixed. See Aqua-Computer Forum thread for more info. Can't tell you how long it will take as it isn't my company to deal with, but this should help bring prices down somewhat here in the USA and increase availability. Which will make for more people using Aqua-Computer that can post here :p

Since Franz is obviously back at IT-Trade I am hoping that Sharka Corp will get things finalized today or tomorrow. I can't tell you how forward I am looking to get my AquaStream and Aquaero in my box!

BTW, has anyone here actually got a XT cooler running that can tell us what effect it has had on flow? The guys in Germany said that a dual processor XT solution wasn't a good idea due to too restrictive flow.

Nobody said:
Pooky,
You could also use 7/16" ID with a 3/32" wall this would fit the 10mm if clamped tightly and can be fit over the 1/2" by putting the end of it in hot water for a bit and then sliding it on. This is the plan for mine once I get all my AC parts in.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Top Nurse said:
Okay guys this issue with VAT seems to be in the process of getting fixed. See Aqua-Computer Forum thread for more info. Can't tell you how long it will take as it isn't my company to deal with, but this should help bring prices down somewhat here in the USA and increase availability. Which will make for more people using Aqua-Computer that can post here :p

BTW, has anyone here actually got a XT cooler running that can tell us what effect it has had on flow? The guys in Germany said that a dual processor XT solution wasn't a good idea due to too restrictive flow.

You're productive :) That's definitely good for us :)

The AC guys also said that using dual Cuplex Pro's would be a bad idea... One of us with an XT? I only wish, but hopefully later on we'll be chillin' with the latest and greatest as soon as the lucky German biscuits :cool:

Just wanted to check in with you guys and state that the SNT backorder to-be-filled ETA is 10 days or so.

It seems that the community has taken pretty good care of this thread so I'll probably make myself scarse in the future.

Thanks for your support of SNTsystems these past 15 months.

-Dan

With all the increased interest in Aqua-Computer products I thought it might be a good idea to add some links about so called Plug n Cool fittings sold by A-C. I bring this up as shipping over steel parts from overseas is an expensive proposition. Especially parts that we need a lot of for various projects thjat come up when you convert to this system. Actually these fittings are made on both sides of the Atlantic and are available in both NPT (National Pipe Thread), BSPP (British Standard Parallel Pipe), and BSPT (British Standard Pipe Thread or Taper). The "G" before a dimension such as 1/8 or 1/4 simply designates that the thread is a BSPP specification. A "R" before a dimension indicates it is a the BSPT specification. But the ones we are interested in as Aqua-Computer geeks is the 1/8 and 1/4 BSPP as that is what they use exclusively on their products.

The primary use of these type of fittings is in the pneumatic or air industry. They are typically guarranteed up to about 250 PSI though this does decrease as heat goes up obviously. They come in a variety of materials though brass and plastic seem to be the most common.

As I indicated earlier there are plenty of sources for these type fittings. There are even some esoteric fittings for us [H] types as well which include Y's, T's, manifolds, and multiple output fittings. The first link shows an example of how "push-in-fittings" or "press to connect" work in general. The balance are just various links I googled. I encourage others to add more as we will all be more merry with a better supply and cheaper prices :D :D

A UK store that specializes in Robotics: http://www.robotstoreuk.com/ACTUATORS/AIR_SYS_COMPONENTS/Air-Fittings-Guide-1.htm
A large industrial supply company: http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm
An outfit that sells primarily to the liquid dispensing industry: http://www.dispensinglink.com/Dispensing Accessories.htm
Thee place for all kinds of fittings: http://www.hosexpress.com/
A company that specializes in metric parts: http://mdmetric.com/home3.htm
A USA distributor of both metric and inch fittings: http://www.automation-dfw.com/home.htm
A Chinese manufacturer that looks remarakably similar to what A-C distributes: http://www.conekfit.com
John Guest fittings in the UK: http://www.johnguest.com/

BTW, I suspect that most of these companies are probably not interested in selling 1's and 2's of fittings. However, I'm sure they have distributors that would :D

[S]nt|Mods said:
Just wanted to check in with you guys and state that the SNT backorder to-be-filled ETA is 10 days or so.

It seems that the community has taken pretty good care of this thread so I'll probably make myself scarse in the future.

Thanks for your support of SNTsystems these past 15 months.

-Dan

Hi Dan...

Glad to see you back in the fray! Even though I managed to get "banned" on the SNT Forum I manage to sneak in on occasion just to see what's going on and saw your post this morning. Don't let a bad business decision get you down because everybody makes them :) Just learn from it and move on. Accurate bad news is better than no news or manufactured news.

So what might you be bringing in that isn't committed? I'm sure enquiring minds are all ears :D And while I can only speak for myself I do appreciate your experience and suggestions about Aqua-Computer products.

Finally got everything running. Heres a few pics:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

8.JPG

Nice :) 26,2°C is the water temperature (idle?)? More specs! :D

Maybe you wanna try this for your aquaero:

It's a bit tricky but really worth the work. A real Lian Li front plate looks just sweeter than the front plate from AC. They are somewhat brighter.
And finally you get rid of the bolts in the front ;)

Top Nurse said:
Hi Dan...

Glad to see you back in the fray! Even though I managed to get "banned" on the SNT Forum I manage to sneak in on occasion just to see what's going on and saw your post this morning. Don't let a bad business decision get you down because everybody makes them :) Just learn from it and move on. Accurate bad news is better than no news or manufactured news.

So what might you be bringing in that isn't committed? I'm sure enquiring minds are all ears :D And while I can only speak for myself I do appreciate your experience and suggestions about Aqua-Computer products.

BTW, I didnt ban you from SNTforum, it may have been BB. I dont even know for what reason either, my head hurts too much through all the reading I've already done to make any sense of it.

I'll probably only post here if there is a question regarding SNTmods or if I am directly questioned.

On a final note, I do wish that just a few things would work out for the best sometimes.

-Dan

Shoggy said:
Nice :) 26,2°C is the water temperature (idle?)? More specs! :D

Maybe you wanna try this for your aquaero:

It's a bit tricky but really worth the work. A real Lian Li front plate looks just sweeter than the front plate from AC. They are somewhat brighter.
And finally you get rid of the bolts in the front ;)

I gather this mod also makes it easier to put colored cellophane in front of the display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back