• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thay say a picture is worth a thousand words.....this one is worth 4000 mhz!!!! I got the S code,batch # AND steping that i wanted!!! w00t for newegg!! SL7E5 D0 core!!!
p44ghz.JPG
 
BitchBreaker said:
thay say a picture is worth a thousand words.....this one is worth 4000 mhz!!!! I got the S code,batch # AND steping that i wanted!!! w00t for newegg!! SL7E5 D0 core!!!
p44ghz.JPG


nice!
I'm currently prepping my Lian Li for an Astek kit with dual 120 BlackIce rad. My 3.0C ran at 3.7 all day stuffed in a cube. Hoping this WC and big case will get me to 4.

You have a link for that ClockGen program?
Thx.
 
http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php I got it to run at 4.4ghz on water but it took more V core then i wanted to run (1.550v) so 4ghz at 1.5v is where im happy :)

BTW..My 3.0c (*sad*) sl6wk D1 did 4ghz on air in my box...its my sadest loss EVER id trade 4 of these 3.2's to have that cpu back!


Gona run the pressy on chilled ice water today and see what happens :)
 
BitchBreaker said:
thay say a picture is worth a thousand words.....this one is worth 4000 mhz!!!! I got the S code,batch # AND steping that i wanted!!! w00t for newegg!! SL7E5 D0 core!!!
p44ghz.JPG

Thats so awesome Bro!!!! :D So did it arive as I predicted? Lets just hope My FX55 proves to be as nimble as your new chip is at overclocking!!!!(doubt I will get 4ghz but on H2o I would like to get atleast 3 to 3.2 ghz.) but glad to see ya up and runnin!!!! and soon we'll be playin some CSS !!! by the way get your high speed connection yet?

The Cpt.
 
Does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the Cuplex Revision 1.3 and Cuplex Pro? The block will be in a loop with Video Card (starting to lean more towards just the Twinplex block instead of AquagraFX) and maybe NB cooler. The pump will be the Aquastream with a Evo 360 rad.

Also anyone know if the new nForce4 MB can be fitted with TwinPlex NB coolers and still have clearance for both video cards? They seem to all come with active coolers and those little fans are notorious for dying.
 
Sib said:
Does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the Cuplex Revision 1.3 and Cuplex Pro? The block will be in a loop with Video Card (starting to lean more towards just the Twinplex block instead of AquagraFX) and maybe NB cooler. The pump will be the Aquastream with a Evo 360 rad.

In a few days I will have my system cooled by the silver Cuplex 1.3 , aquastream, evo 240, and twinplex block ... so I'll be able to give you some performance estimate for the Cuplex rev 1.3....don't know about the Pro though. I don't think it would be *too* much of a difference, but let's see what Dan has to say about it.
 
Aviddigi said:
stumpy how are you getting your stuff?

heh, just picked it up... I want to take some pictures. A lot of stuff, I'll have 3 a-c waterblocks now

I'll get a list put together later, right now I'm getting occupied with my first CS:S gaming :D
 
I had almost stopped checking on [H] it was down so long.... Hope everyone has a good xmas.

Ok going to need some WC Routing help, as I have never done this before :(

Here is what I have as it stands:

1 Rad (120 x 240)
1 Aquatube
1 Pump
2 HD coolers
1Aquaero bey monitor
CPU, GPU and NB blocks.
All the fixins

Here is my layout in the case:

wcrouting.jpg

C for cpu, N for northbridge and G for gpu. The gou block flow points are facing you, so the tubes will go in the circles and come out towards the side panel.

I have a few options for routing really. I've looked at the placement of the parts..... here are my options:

RAD on TOP: remove top PSU bay and dremel the opening.
RAD on BOTTOM: Dremel the bottom hole alittle bigger
RAD in BACK: Believe it or not i think it would fit here. Remove PSU bay. Remove 120mm fan. Dremel area where 120mm is and up to the top of case. Rad would go there.
RAD in FRONT: Jerry rig a mount for the front in the drive bay space. Room enough for everything. Rad could be hidden or visible.

The Res, I have both the Aquabay (drive area horizontal mounting) or the mounting bracket for anywhere else, verticle or horizontal.

2 Drive coolers SHOULD go in the front.. but they can go anywhere i make a mount for them.
Aquaero controls. This could go in the bays as well, or be custom mounted anywhere.
Pump. This thing is tiny. Anywhere you want really. It can mount to the back of the aquabay.

I'm charging digicam batteries for pics of this stuff for better idea on sizes... but for now this is what I have.

Any suggestions on how to mount this stuff in here?
 
SelRahc said:
I had almost stopped checking on [H] it was down so long.... Hope everyone has a good xmas.

Ok going to need some WC Routing help, as I have never done this before :(

Here is what I have as it stands:

1 Rad (120 x 240)
1 Aquatube
1 Pump
2 HD coolers
1Aquaero bey monitor
CPU, GPU and NB blocks.
All the fixins

Here is my layout in the case:

wcrouting.jpg

C for cpu, N for northbridge and G for gpu. The gou block flow points are facing you, so the tubes will go in the circles and come out towards the side panel.

I have a few options for routing really. I've looked at the placement of the parts..... here are my options:

RAD on TOP: remove top PSU bay and dremel the opening.
RAD on BOTTOM: Dremel the bottom hole alittle bigger
RAD in BACK: Believe it or not i think it would fit here. Remove PSU bay. Remove 120mm fan. Dremel area where 120mm is and up to the top of case. Rad would go there.
RAD in FRONT: Jerry rig a mount for the front in the drive bay space. Room enough for everything. Rad could be hidden or visible.

The Res, I have both the Aquabay (drive area horizontal mounting) or the mounting bracket for anywhere else, verticle or horizontal.

2 Drive coolers SHOULD go in the front.. but they can go anywhere i make a mount for them.
Aquaero controls. This could go in the bays as well, or be custom mounted anywhere.
Pump. This thing is tiny. Anywhere you want really. It can mount to the back of the aquabay.

I'm charging digicam batteries for pics of this stuff for better idea on sizes... but for now this is what I have.

Any suggestions on how to mount this stuff in here?

I assume you will be using the MSI board you have in your sig. If so its just about not possible to fit a chipset cooler on them due to interferance from the Vid card. yours is very simalar to my set up. I would go from Resivour to intake side of pump - from pump to radiator - from radiator to CPU - from CPU to Vid Card - from Vid card to Hdd coolers and then back to Resivour. If you can fit the Chipset cooler I would put it in between the Vid card and hard drive coolers as far as hose routing goes. As far as mounting the only thng need worry is the Radiator. This looks like A Cooler Master CM Stacker case. I would mount the radiator in the bottom of the case where it has a allready made spot for it to go. and the rest put in their respective places. If not the bottom I would put it into the top of the case more towards the front. Cutting a hole in the top and using a grill.

The Cpt.
 
SelRahc said:
I had almost stopped checking on [H] it was down so long.... Hope everyone has a good xmas.

Ok going to need some WC Routing help, as I have never done this before :(

Here is what I have as it stands:

1 Rad (120 x 240)
1 Aquatube
1 Pump
2 HD coolers
1Aquaero bey monitor
CPU, GPU and NB blocks.
All the fixins

Here is my layout in the case:

wcrouting.jpg

C for cpu, N for northbridge and G for gpu. The gou block flow points are facing you, so the tubes will go in the circles and come out towards the side panel.

I have a few options for routing really. I've looked at the placement of the parts..... here are my options:

RAD on TOP: remove top PSU bay and dremel the opening.
RAD on BOTTOM: Dremel the bottom hole alittle bigger
RAD in BACK: Believe it or not i think it would fit here. Remove PSU bay. Remove 120mm fan. Dremel area where 120mm is and up to the top of case. Rad would go there.
RAD in FRONT: Jerry rig a mount for the front in the drive bay space. Room enough for everything. Rad could be hidden or visible.

The Res, I have both the Aquabay (drive area horizontal mounting) or the mounting bracket for anywhere else, verticle or horizontal.

2 Drive coolers SHOULD go in the front.. but they can go anywhere i make a mount for them.
Aquaero controls. This could go in the bays as well, or be custom mounted anywhere.
Pump. This thing is tiny. Anywhere you want really. It can mount to the back of the aquabay.

I'm charging digicam batteries for pics of this stuff for better idea on sizes... but for now this is what I have.

Any suggestions on how to mount this stuff in here?

That's pretty much the same setup I have, minus the Aquaero. I'm using a Lian Li PC7077 case (a fulltower with only 5.25 bays) and I have my pump at the bottom, from there I go to the passive Innovatek Maxi convection rad, CPU, GPU, Chipset, active rad (Airplex EVO 240), Aquatube, hard disk 1 (73gb Raptor in an Alphacool HDD3), Hard disk 2 (same cooler), then back to the Tank-O-Matic plugon res and pump.

I used my jigsaw and drill (for the pilot hole) to cut the space for the active rad on top, and I kept the cut the same shape as the grill. I was going to take my Zalman fan bus apart and drill it into the top panel too, but after I used my jigsaw to cut a circle for the Aquatube, I didn't have enough room. So, to control the fans and lights, I have a Noise Isolator 6 fan and 2 12v switch contraption. My hard drives are on 3.5" "backpack" style coolers, so they fit in 3.5" bays, and are stuffed in the anti-vibration bracket the case shipped with. The passive rad is mounted on the right panel (depends on which way you're facing though :)) and there are 2 holes going from it to the inside. I chose that order for one reason - easy routing. Since my disk drives don't really need water cooling, I decided that the runoff from res1 to res2 was enough to keep them cool enough. If looking into the case with the panel off, the tubing goes from the left to the top, then from the top right down to the bottom left again. During the next few days, I'll finish by tubing it up and finalizing my side panel (I'm moving the LL aquarium from the little panel into the bigger), sleeving everything that needs it and leak testing.

I hope that helps a bit, if not, oh well ;)
 
One question about the Aquajet for the aquatube... If I put the aquajet in, how full should the res be in order to provide the cascade efffect? Will it do anything if the res is full?
 
stumpy said:
One question about the Aquajet for the aquatube... If I put the aquajet in, how full should the res be in order to provide the cascade efffect? Will it do anything if the res is full?


Just got my Aquabay and Aquatube with the 1/2 inch mod and the Zilla. WOW!! Is all I can say.

and .....Yea thats a good question one I would like to ask myself. Also if its half full and the cascade effect is happening wont it create air in the system possibly?

The Cpt.
 
Welll here I go. Now that I have all the parts I need I hope by the end of the weekend to have the H2o runnin through my machines veins. Got lots of the tubing run tonight and the Res and bay mounted in the case. Now i must dis-assemble my current machine beings that It has my Mobo, vid card Hard drives and optical drives. I hope for minimal leaks if any and hope that it turns out good!! Pics soon to come.

The Cpt
 
Putting together my new h20 system right now... anyone know if it's ok to use regular water if i'm using the ac fluid?
 
I suppose you could use regular water for leak testing temporarily, but I'd use distilled bottled water to make sure that was one thing that didnt cause a problem.
 
IceBawx said:
I suppose you could use regular water for leak testing temporarily, but I'd use distilled bottled water to make sure that was one thing that didnt cause a problem.

yeah, I'm just leak testing it right now, can't find my distilled water for some reason. I guess I can pick some up tomorrow. All running good though... so far ;)
 
PICS :D

DSCN0095.jpg


I am now the proud owner of three aqua-computer waterblocks....


DSCN0097.jpg


the rest of my new watercooling system


DSCN0101.jpg

and doing a little leak testing ;)


can't wait to get a complete aqua-computer system...finally :D
 
Captin Insano said:
Just got my Aquabay and Aquatube with the 1/2 inch mod and the Zilla. WOW!! Is all I can say.

and .....Yea thats a good question one I would like to ask myself. Also if its half full and the cascade effect is happening wont it create air in the system possibly?

The Cpt.

Keep the water anywhere above the outlet and below the inlet for the cascading effect and dont worry about air mixing into the rest of your system, it will always get forced back into the top of the reservoir.

-Dan
 
Finally got it all put together.... Silver Cuplex, Twinplex, Aquatube , Evo 240 , and the aquastream....as soon as my chipset heatsink comes in , i'll be down to two radiator fans running at 7v...:)

Silence is nice.
 
i broke the mirror off my car doing donuts :(, i'm pretty sure my dad is going to be pissed. so i hope the rest of you have a good new year.
 
linger said:
i broke the mirror off my car doing donuts :(, i'm pretty sure my dad is going to be pissed. so i hope the rest of you have a good new year.
just tape it back on... or sedate your dad

nevermidn i need to stop drinking
 
Damn, I missed this thread! I just got back from my trip but it is great to see you all doing well in the new year and Cpt I'm excited to see your WC gear come together in the coming days.
BitchBreaker, thats awesome that you got the CPU you wanted, 4GHz is nothing to scoff at!

I got my modded aquatube and goodies, damn I am getting more and more excited. :D
 
[S]nt|Mods said:
Keep the water anywhere above the outlet and below the inlet for the cascading effect and dont worry about air mixing into the rest of your system, it will always get forced back into the top of the reservoir.

-Dan
Werd. I just ran my tube and zilla with my eheim 1250 and the suction is so powerful that it pulls any air down into the "suction side" at the bottom. I am also considering running both the side and bottom holes and a Y adapter to half the suction, but I am not sure. It may also be the case that with my rad + maze4 + rbx there will be enough restriction that the suction wont matter.

Side note: BitchBreaker, how do I properly seal the side "plug" with the threaded insert thingy (I know, very descriptive, eh?) I used two layers of teflon tape, but I still got a little drippity drip. Do I need to use a bunch of teflon tape? Thanks, btw, the tube is uber cool and the tygon fit perfectly with angled barbs.

-----Nate
 
nweibley said:
Werd. I just ran my tube and zilla with my eheim 1250 and the suction is so powerful that it pulls any air down into the "suction side" at the bottom. I am also considering running both the side and bottom holes and a Y adapter to half the suction, but I am not sure. It may also be the case that with my rad + maze4 + rbx there will be enough restriction that the suction wont matter.

Side note: BitchBreaker, how do I properly seal the side "plug" with the threaded insert thingy (I know, very descriptive, eh?) I used two layers of teflon tape, but I still got a little drippity drip. Do I need to use a bunch of teflon tape? Thanks, btw, the tube is uber cool and the tygon fit perfectly with angled barbs.

-----Nate



Yes just add a lot of tape to it and it will seal,The problem this time was i got new tooling for the tap and it cut it to lose,the next round of tubes will be better fitting to the barbs,as for your shroud i got the non mag stainless steel sheet today! w00t w00t so tomorrow im gona break out with the plazma cutter and get it cut out then slam it in the brake press and bend it :)
 
Ok boys and girls. Just got all my plumbing done and gettin ready to fill it with cool clear and refreshing H2o, but forgot one thing. I need to mod one of my spare power supplys to turn on with out mobo or the such and rember seeing a thread here on the froums with someone that had pics and all. do any of you have a link or could ya direct me to get-er-done. Then its on to leak check and if alls good there then its rock-n-roll time!!! Thanks guys!! MAN it looks fuckin cool!! Pictures soon to come!!

Hey! nweibley Im glad to see ya got your stuff together to!!!! Gotta love that res huh!!! and Happy New Year to Ya!!

The Cpt.
 
Captin Insano said:
Ok boys and girls. Just got all my plumbing done and gettin ready to fill it with cool clear and refreshing H2o, but forgot one thing. I need to mod one of my spare power supplys to turn on with out mobo or the such and rember seeing a thread here on the froums with someone that had pics and all. do any of you have a link or could ya direct me to get-er-done. Then its on to leak check and if alls good there then its rock-n-roll time!!! Thanks guys!! MAN it looks fuckin cool!! Pictures soon to come!!

Hey! nweibley Im glad to see ya got your stuff together to!!!! Gotta love that res huh!!! and Happy New Year to Ya!!

The Cpt.


NEVERMIND!!! Duhhhh! I found it. boy do I feel like a Tard. Oh well. here we go. But thanks all!

Cpt.
 
nweibley said:
This Post is Worthless Without Pics :D


Congrats!!!

No its not. Pics are comin keep ya pants on! Dont have my pics done yet but soon!!! But here is a question. Cant seem to get the air out of the system for the life of me. Any hints or tips or tricks. Been runnin for quite some time and no leaks. Just lots of air
 
Turn the system off,let the air settle to where ever it can in the system,turn the system on for a TINY amount of time,just bump it over,then the air will start pusking back up to the resi,after that fill the resi allmost full(this is a personal trick *fill the resi damn near full leave a 1mm gap of air in it,turn the system on and watch the air O ring form :) a little air in the system wont hurt as long as it flowing in the system and not settling in 1 spot. now my friend......POST SOME FOOKING PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
If you don't have the aquajet installed it's pretty easy to run the system with the reservoir cap off...just make sure it's not too full. Once all the air is out, you can fill the res and then put the cover back on. I did that for my leak testing and it worked fine, but once I put the aquajet in there i realized that it would be bad news to run it without the cover on :eek: (unless I wanted a water fountain all over my floor )
 
You may be having the problem that I am, where air is sucked back down into the system. See if pinching your tubing and lowering the suction helps the air bleed out... that was the problem I was having. IDK yet how to solve it, but when I get my stuff setup, I'll be in the same boat as you and try to help. ;)
 
FWIW I got a little bored so I decided to have a bit of fun. I like shiny stuff, so I took my aquazilla out back and put a little bit of polishing compound on it and set the dremel on low speed and made things shiny. The zilla is now mirrory and shiny and mmmmmm. I'll have to get a pic of it soon. :D
 
Moding any item i make voids the warenty! Naa jk but really. some one BETTER post some damn pics b4 i go off and kill me some white boys!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top