• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
topcat989 said:
If you have no idea and you're waiting on AC to let you know, that's fine. thx :)

A-C is not the problem. There is plenty of stock in Europe and shipping only takes 4-5 days max...
 
AC isent the problem..the problem is people that place order's and dont pay..we are still having to revise the order this time around.some of this is border line thread crapping..so take it to pm's from now on. If u have a question then go to our forum.
 
BitchBreaker said:
AC isent the problem..the problem is people that place order's and dont pay..we are still having to revise the order this time around.some of this is border line thread crapping..so take it to pm's from now on. If u have a question then go to our forum.

Hey dude you can't have it both ways! I don't know why the last thread got locked, but I suspect it was due to using the [H]ardForum for promoting a commercial enterprise or something like that. Why is it only thread crapping after someone says something detrimental in regards to SNT Systems? There has been a lot of posts on this thread where the subject has related to the ongoing operations of a commercial establishment by both Dan as well as yourself.

The problem isn't people placing orders that don't pay, but a company who engages in questionable business practices. In Las Vegas parlance considering a order that someone types into a website, with instructions to send a money order or check is commonly called betting on the come. Nothing is an order until you receive a check, money order, or a valid credit card number. Even then it isn't an accountable order till you can ship it as they can always cancel an order before you ship it.

Many small companies have problems like this from being under capitalized or not having a basic understanding of generally accepted business and accounting practices. I'm not saying that this is the problem here, but all the signals you guys are putting out makes me quite leery of sending ANY type of funds to pay in advance for an order! Don't blame your customers because a company makes a business decision not to utilize the most common form of currency on the planet, i.e. a credit card. And PayPal is not the same as using a credit card directly with a merchant.

Seeing some poor guy trying to get his product after having fronted his 1,000+ scoots for a couple of months is not a way to conduct a business, IMHO. Fortunately there are other alternatives to getting Aqua-Computer products in the USA besides SNT as I really like the stuff. While I'm not at liberty to discuss who or when I do know of another distributor who is planning on laying in a substantial inventory of A-C products in the the immediate future. Then if someone wants something they can have it shipped the same day or if it is a non-stock item a 7-10 day delivery would be normal.

But back to the fun stuff...
 
Top Nurse said:
Hey dude you can't have it both ways! I don't know why the last thread got locked, but I suspect it was due to using the [H]ardForum for promoting a commercial enterprise or something like that. Why is it only thread crapping after someone says something detrimental in regards to SNT Systems? There has been a lot of posts on this thread where the subject has related to the ongoing operations of a commercial establishment by both Dan as well as yourself

The reason the last thread was locked was because of a continual persistance of a specific person that was thread crapping and not only did it get locked but that person was eventually banned from the forum for trying the same thing with this thread. If it was for the reason that you are stating this thread would have been locked down long ago.

Top Nurse said:
The problem isn't people placing orders that don't pay, but a company who engages in questionable business practices. In Las Vegas parlance considering a order that someone types into a website, with instructions to send a money order or check is commonly called betting on the come. Nothing is an order until you receive a check, money order, or a valid credit card number. Even then it isn't an accountable order till you can ship it as they can always cancel an order before you ship it.

Umm.. you are making a statement without even having any real knowldge of SNT as a bussiness or its people and its internal workings. I have done bussiness with them and have come to know them as many others have and never has there been anything questionable or shady. And people that dont pay DO effect cash flow and people that cancel orders inflate companies inventories to high levels that cost them as well. SO if its not paid for it isnt ordered and I can deal with that. If you cant then respect it and do something different.

Top Nurse said:
Many small companies have problems like this from being under capitalized or not having a basic understanding of generally accepted business and accounting practices. I'm not saying that this is the problem here, but all the signals you guys are putting out makes me quite leery of sending ANY type of funds to pay in advance for an order! Don't blame your customers because a company makes a business decision not to utilize the most common form of currency on the planet, i.e. a credit card. And PayPal is not the same as using a credit card directly with a merchant.

Many small bussiness like SNT and my own arent millionares and have to build our bussiness from the ground up with what we have and try our best to do what we can and make it into the bussiness we dream of and want. Dont hate for that. Thats exactly how MANY places have started. hmmm infact companies like Apple/Mac and even the all mighty rich man himself Bill Gates. Doesnt mean they are being bad wor doing wrong just working to build. Have some understanding. They are doing more then most people e out there in the world and I applaude them for even trying.



Top Nurse said:
Seeing some poor guy trying to get his product after having fronted his 1,000+ scoots for a couple of months is not a way to conduct a business, IMHO. Fortunately there are other alternatives to getting Aqua-Computer products in the USA besides SNT as I really like the stuff. While I'm not at liberty to discuss who or when I do know of another distributor who is planning on laying in a substantial inventory of A-C products in the the immediate future. Then if someone wants something they can have it shipped the same day or if it is a non-stock item a 7-10 day delivery would be normal.

Well as I can empithize with that person being there myself before and NOT just with SNT but many companies in this bussiness and some VERY large companies that have big pockets have done the same. But its the price some of us pay for what we want. I guess good luck to whomever it is that you know. But its never as easy as you may think.

As for my post here and seeing that it looks like I am just here to defend SNT ...... That might be the case but my main purpose is because I too am a small bussiness man that has an understanding of what we go thru and in this case here on a forum I to can voice my opinion and feelings. As both bussinessman and consumer. I think that to many times we as consumers are to spoiled. We want it yesterday we want it for nothing we want the best and we want our asses kissed. I think its all BS. I also see that some bussiness dont strive to achive what they can or should be. But I can tell you that is not the case with SNT. You are welcome to your opinion as i am to mine. And if it need be we can agree to dissagree. But please Be helpful to whatever the situation is and be part of the solution NOT part of the problem and making it worse. It can be a win~win situation.

Thanks

The Cpt.
 
Captin Insano said:
Be helpful to whatever the situation is and be part of the solution NOT part of the problem and making it worse. It can be a win~win situation.

Thanks

The Cpt.
I have to agree... Since the last thread was locked due to haters, my suggestion is Mr Nurse find another thread to post in. Lets bring some positive back to this thread.

[positive thread]

I really like the AC gear bought from SNT, and didn't wait months and months for my product. Works perfect and looks better!

[/positive thread]
 
If you guys dont like it dont buy it plain and simple. There are diffrent alternatives so everyone can get there AC parts. I have told many people here where to get them and i also know there will be a store in san diego that will also sell some AC. The fact is Dan is just starting out and i have talked with him Bitchbreaker and Capt and all are upstanding individuals that i would love to do more business with. It cant happen at the moment so you just move on. When SNT is up again i will definitely go back there. This forum is no place to complain about business practices and so on. I have never heard of anyone getting ripped off by any of the guys. What i have heard is these same guys answering countless emails and phone calls and doing the best they can.

Point: everyone know's where to get it so stop beating it into the ground and let Dan and SNT do what they have to do, ill be there to place orders!

Thank you and god bless america and all the foreign stuff we buy :D
 
Hater? No comment

I just placed an order yesterday afternoon with another USA distributor of A-C products. I think the total was about $800 and there were about 20 different items of varing quantities. Most everything was in stock in Europe, but some esoteric items (Aquaero LT and related stuff) that few people order were not. Those items were stock at the Aqua-Computer manufacturer and should arrive to the overseas distributor/exporter in a couple of days. I expect a complete shipment by Friday or Monday and expect to have the goods in my hot little hands in about 10 days from now as they have a customs broker to handle all the sniggling little details. My credit card will not be billed until it actually ships to me from the USA distributor.

Now that is the kind of company I like to deal with. I would love to buy from SNT Systems IF I was treated the same. I like the dude and his technical support but business should be treated like business as they say... When I get the stuff installed I will post some pics :)



I'm continually amused that many people think that all tweakers and OC's are male. It is actually Miss Nurse. Besides my nursing degree I also have a minor in business administration. I am also considering whether to go for the MBA as well.

Added:

BTW, price was not the issue as I think it will be about the same as SNT's prices...
 
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get AC products shipped to the US from Europe? I would prefer to deal with someone that either takes PayPal or credit card. I really do not want to have to deal with bank transfers. About how much have you guys been seeing shipping run? I just shipped a MB to Isreal USPS Airmail, and that alone was $22.

Also I have never had to deal with customs before. Exactly what do you have to do?

Aviddigi said:
Point: everyone know's where to get it so stop beating it into the ground and let Dan and SNT do what they have to do, ill be there to place orders!

I think people are just starting to get scared, since they have already paid for items months ago and an order has yet to be placed from AC Germany. This is not like Dan has stopped taking orders and since people normally use PayPal he is getting 100% of the money for the orders upfront from those people.
 
Sib said:
an order has yet to be placed from AC Germany.

Just for the record, Aqua-Computer (the manufacturer) in Germany does not make any shipments to the USA though that may change in a few months. For now all shipments to the USA are only through one of their European distributors or retailers that is willing to export to the USA. If you go to the Aqua-Computer website you can find out who all these companies are though the ones most people deal with are Aqua-Computer Berlin or IT-Trade in Austria. Please note that Aqua-Computer Berlin is NOT owned or associated with Aqua-Computer.

Added April 8, 2005:

It now appears that A-C Berlin is in fact a factory operated retail establishment. ;)
 
I just got 3 hard drive coolers this morning from Koolance. I was considering the AC HD coolers but I didn't want to use my 5.25" slots as I wanted some other stuff in there like an Aquaero and an Aquatube as well as some opticals and a flash drive. These coolers will bolt onto your HD and then slip into a 3.5" slot just nicely. In my Lian-Li V1200 case the HDD racks are in the bottom of the case. It appears to be a tight fit, but definitely dooable.

Due to the Koolance product running a native 6/8 mm tubing size it makes it totally compatible with the A-C Plug & Cool tubing as well :D

Added: My misteak....The Koolance stuff is 6/9mm, but I think it will still work. Let you know when I lay my hands on my A-C stuff :D
 
Sib said:
Also I have never had to deal with customs before. Exactly what do you have to do?

Nothing...they do it for you, but sometimes it sits around a while in the US customs warehouse. However, if you order from somone who has a customs broker then shipments go lickity split through the system. :D

Added: Sharka Corp has their own customs broker who deals with all the nonsense so people can just deal with the stuff they need to deal with. Like making money and spending it :D
 
If anyone is interested they can get compression fittings for most popular tubing sizes from Sharka Corp that will fit the G 1/4 thread used by A-C on their radiators and flowsensors. :D

Added:

Found this cool link for Aquaero owners and waana be owners :p This is a definitely 56K beware link. If you are on dial-up then click tonight and watch tomorrow :D
 
I spoke to Wes at Sharka Computers yesterday afternoon. Since my order won't be shipped out of Europe for a few more days he is willing to add on stuff for others that have an immediate need of Aqua-Computer gear. You can contact him at sales@sharkacorp.com or via the telephone and fax numbers located on their website.
 
Top Nurse said:
I spoke to Wes at Sharka Computers yesterday afternoon. Since my order won't be shipped out of Europe for a few more days he is willing to add on stuff for others that have an immediate need of Aqua-Computer gear. You can contact him at sales@sharkacorp.com or via the telephone and fax numbers located on their website.
Interesting..... they sell AC goods too? They are 5 minutes from my house!!!!!!
 
I liked the videos. It makes me almost want an Aquero. I always love CNC machines. Now if only I could get one into the extra bedroom of my apartment.....

R1ckCa1n said:
Interesting..... they sell AC goods too? They are 5 minutes from my house!!!!!!

I hate all you people on the West coast. :D I moved to the East cost from Oklahoma, so at least I have a few more options now.
 
Sib said:
I liked the videos. It makes me almost want an Aquero. I always love CNC machines. Now if only I could get one into the extra bedroom of my apartment.....
I hate all you people on the West coast. :D I moved to the East cost from Oklahoma, so at least I have a few more options now.

Well It's not Our fault You moved in that direction, Me I moved east too, But I'm still in the Golden State at least. :D An apartment dweller eh? Gee whiz I guess I'm lucky then that I have 720sqft' all to Myself here in this Manufactured House. My next PC upgrade of zoom1 will have these parts(zoom4 will be nearly the same and be air cooled only):

zoom1: XP-M 2600+ cpu (2.59GHz @ 1.95vdc), DFI NFII Ultra Infinity A+(01/21/04 Bios)
JPAC 500w PSU, Kingston 256MB PC3200 Dimm
[Upgrade: Sapphire Grouper Motherboard[Radeon Xpress 200 chipset], OCZ 520w PSU, FX-57, Vapochill LS(FX-57),
CoolerMaster Aquagate Water Cooling System (ALC-U01) for NB Chip & Mosfets],
G.skill PC4400 512Mb Dimm, Lian-Li PC-7a black atx case(Modded for Vapochill LS)
zoom2: A64 3200+ cpu @ 2.34Ghz, MSI K8T Neo2-F(3.3 Bios)
Aspire 520w PSU(35A on the 12v rail), Buffalo Hynix 256MB PC3200 Dimm
zoom3: 2-244 1.8Ghz Opteron cpus @ 4.02GHz, MSI K8T Master2-FAR(1.35b Bios)
Enermax 460w PSU(33A on the 12v rail), Corsair CMX512RE-3200LL 512MB PC3200 Dimm
zoom4: soon FX-57 2.8GHz cpu, Sapphire Grouper Motherboard[Radeon Xpress 200 chipset] motherboard],
G.skill PC4400 512Mb Dimm, XP-120 & 2-120mm 220cfm fans, 1-80-120mm adapter, 20Gb 7200rpm hdd,
OCZ 520w PSU, Lian-Li PC-7a black atx case.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Interesting..... they sell AC goods too? They are 5 minutes from my house!!!!!!

I asked Wes to get me my AC stuff as I buy alot of stuff from him. I also have been pumping him to put in a stock order as well :D After he sees the quality of the stuff I ordered he will make that decision, but I know he will do it as the stuff practically sells itself :p

Sharka Computers imports a lot of stuff from all over the world and has their own customs broker service. So they just order what they want and tell the broker where to pick it up and everything is handled lickety split. It basically came down to the issue that if he couldn't get what I wanted I was going to blow off any ideas of using A-C stuff. Support to me, when dealing with advanced technology like this, is really important and no support = no buy to me.
 
Sib said:
I liked the videos. It makes me almost want an Aquero. I always love CNC machines. Now if only I could get one into the extra bedroom of my apartment.

You love CNC? Well if the truth be known I have a certain fondness towards things that make neat toys. Before becoming a nurse I was involved in the tooling and cutting tool industry. Actually I thought they were running the machines slow so people could see what they were doing :D
 
If you guys need cores or fittings, let me know. =) I can get about any fitting outt here and at a cheap price.

Here are a few of the rads. LIQUIDSTOP.TK. =)
 
BitchBreaker said:
Stay OT plz?????

What an interesting comment from you :confused: Funny that I was thinking last night that perhaps it might be nice to have an untainted Aqua-Computer thread where we can just talk about Aqua-Computer stuff without any troubles associated with distributors or their employees.

I found an Evo Airplex 240 used for sale and hopefully it will be here by the time I get my AC shipment. I added onto my order a matching grill as well. My V1200 case would be outstanding with a 120mm in the front bottom and another one in the place where the 120mm fan exhausts to the outside at the mb level. But, it is somewhat problematic as I would have to do some major structural changes to the case to get the front fan/rad in. I also would have to remove the front HDD rack and that would limit me to three hard drives. That would have been okay, but the new Koolance HDD coolers are really a tight fit and I think I will have to use the front rack :( So it appears that I need a dual 120 in the top of my case :p

Perhaps I need to off the V1200 and get a V2100 series case as that has all kinds of room for 12 hdd's.
 
So has anyone heard when the Dual AquaDrive might be released. It is probably a waste of money, but it would be nice to help silence and cool my drives at the same time.

You love CNC? Well if the truth be known I have a certain fondness towards things that make neat toys. Before becoming a nurse I was involved in the tooling and cutting tool industry. Actually I thought they were running the machines slow so people could see what they were doing

I like just about anything to do will building. Maybe I just watch to much Discovry, TLC, and History channel.

An apartment dweller eh? Gee whiz I guess I'm lucky then that I have 720sqft' all to Myself here in this Manufactured House. My next PC upgrade of zoom1 will have these parts(zoom4 will be nearly the same and be air cooled only):

I would love to have a house, but I can not touch anything here for less then $200K, that is for a 3 bed room town house with out a garage. In Texas/OK I could get a 3000 sq/ft brand new two car garage house for like $160K. The DC area is just insane.


I guess I talked about AC stuff so I am only half off topic. :rolleyes:
 
Top Nurse said:
Funny that I was thinking last night that perhaps it might be nice to have an untainted Aqua-Computer thread where we can just talk about Aqua-Computer stuff without any troubles associated with distributors or their employees.

I found an Airplex 240 used for sale and hopefully it will be here by the time I get my AC shipment. I added onto my order a matching grill as well. My V1200 case would be outstanding with a 120mm in the front bottom and another one in the place where the 120mm fan exhausts to the outside at the mb level. But, it is somewhat problematic as I would have to do some major structural changes to the case to get the front fan/rad in. I also would have to remove the front HDD rack and that would limit me to three hard drives. That would have been okay, but the new Koolance HDD coolers are really a tight fit and I think I will have to use the front rack :( So it appears that I need a dual 120 in the top of my case :p

Perhaps I need to off the V1200 and get a V2100 series case as that has all kinds of room for 12 hdd's.

I currently have a Airplex EVO 240 at the top of my LL PC7077. I also have 2 hard drives in Innovatek RaptorVibe HDD heatsinks. Innovatek happens to make a lot of nice non water oriented cooling gear that's as beautiful as Aqua Computer gear too. They are German afterall :cool:

I bought a V2000 a few months ago, and have finally begun to get it ready to house my German based water cooling. I don't like how much space the dual radiator will take if I mount it in the top, so I've removed the HDD racks, and in that area I will house my pump (Innovatek's HPPS) and Black Ice Xtreme (the newer models accept both 1/4" NPT and BSP fittings). Right next to my desk, where the computer is, I have an Innovatek Konvect-O-Matic Maxi passive radiator. I'm still not sure if I'm going to conect it with UV reactive or basic hose. The top middle of the case will house my Aquatube, mounted to a plexi/polycarb bracket mae by Dan, and shaped to fit a 120mm fan hole. Besides providing a porthole view into the tube, it will provide a porthole into my case as well. This time around, I'm going to include the Innovatek ball valve I bought from High Speed PC (www.highspeedpc.com - an official US Innovatek distributor). That will allow me to drain the loop whenever I want, so i can add new parts and more easily maintain it.

Sib said:
So has anyone heard when the Dual AquaDrive might be released. It is probably a waste of money, but it would be nice to help silence and cool my drives at the same time.

Hey Sib, besides the dual Aquadrive, Alphacool & SNT sell Watercool's Silentstar Dual (and single) HDD water cooled boxes. The MSRP on the single is 64 Euros and the dual is 84 Euros. They inhibit both vibrations and silence HDD's very well. Of course the Aquadrives are very nice too. They're only a 'waste' if you don't think they're worth it, nevermind what anyone else says, if you like and want them, go for it! I've got a blue Aquadrive that keeps my very hot Maxtor 300GB very quiet and very cool, while looking pretty darn swank at the same time.
 
Sib said:
So has anyone heard when the Dual AquaDrive might be released. It is probably a waste of money, but it would be nice to help silence and cool my drives at the same time:
It's already available and costs 99 euro (without fittings).
 
Top Nurse said:
I asked Wes to get me my AC stuff as I buy alot of stuff from him. I also have been pumping him to put in a stock order as well :D After he sees the quality of the stuff I ordered he will make that decision, but I know he will do it as the stuff practically sells itself :p

Sharka Computers imports a lot of stuff from all over the world and has their own customs broker service. So they just order what they want and tell the broker where to pick it up and everything is handled lickety split. It basically came down to the issue that if he couldn't get what I wanted I was going to blow off any ideas of using A-C stuff. Support to me, when dealing with advanced technology like this, is really important and no support = no buy to me.
Yeah,,, I have bought from them before back when they were in Laguna Nigel. I'm glad they moved to HB since I live in HB. :p

If I remember correctly Sharka is owned or something by Zalman.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Yeah,,, I have bought from them before back when they were in Laguna Nigel. I'm glad they moved to HB since I live in HB. :p

If I remember correctly Sharka is owned or something by Zalman.

Where abouts do you live in HB? I spent the whole day at my brothers house today and he lives near Slater & Goldenwest.

Actually Sharka was originally Zalman Tech and they pioneered the Zalman business here in the sates. Then Zalman setup here in the USA and made them change their name. Zalman Tech, Sharka Corp, and Sharka Computers are/were all independent businesses unrelated to Zalman.
 
I was perusing the A-C Germany forum this morning and found an interesting tid-bit. Here is a link to an A-C compatibility list that shows alot of products and whether they are comatible or not. If it doesn't say ""passt nicht" (fits not), the combination should work."" If it is not on the compatibility list it should fit so long as the manufacturer followed the reference design. For example ASUS and others often deviate from reference designs so that they can make a product better.
 
Top Nurse said:
Where abouts do you live in HB? I spent the whole day at my brothers house today and he lives near Slater & Goldenwest.
I live at Yorktown and Brookhurst, which is on the other side of HB from your brother.

Interesting about Sharka. Those guys seemed pretty cool. I remember telling them about DD and Dtek and low and behold they now stock DD. Too bad Dan at Dtek wouldn't work with them as they seem to have some capitol.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
I live at Yorktown and Brookhurst, which is on the other side of HB from your brother.

Interesting about Sharka. Those guys seemed pretty cool. I remember telling them about DD and Dtek and low and behold they now stock DD. Too bad Dan at Dtek wouldn't work with them as they seem to have some capitol.

That sounds promising, in the least :)

I sure hope they do realize the potential for becoming a US based distributor. More options are always good.

I only wished I lived down the street :(
 
R1ckCa1n said:
I live at Yorktown and Brookhurst, which is on the other side of HB from your brother. Interesting about Sharka. Those guys seemed pretty cool. I remember telling them about DD and Dtek and low and behold they now stock DD. Too bad Dan at Dtek wouldn't work with them as they seem to have some capitol.

Well perhaps we may meet at Sharka some time :) Funny about the DD because I would have never have gotten a Fill-Port just from looking at their website. Wes showed me one and I immediately bought the black one for my V1200 case. I intend to drill a hole in the top of the case and use it to fill my AquaTube. The recommended way by A-C seems almost as convoluted as turning my EXOS I upside down to fill it as well ;)
 
Pooky said:
I sure hope they do realize the potential for becoming a US based distributor. More options are always good. I only wished I lived down the street :(

Well you can live right down the street! Move out to sunny California and wear short pants at the Rose Parade :D

AFAIK Wes is quite interested in getting another German line. They are also an Innovatek dealer and Aqua-Computer fits more in with their thrust as a supplier of high quality water cooling and silent PC hardware. Once he sees my A-C order and touches and feels the stuff he will be sold :p And as you say, more options are always good for us consumers and good for the industry in general.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top