-Tainted Freshly Squeezed-

That power supply looks freakin' awesome! Subtle changes, but they make a huge impact. That one orange ring on the grill makes the whole thing pop.

looks sick!
thanks!

That power supply looks freakin' awesome! Subtle changes, but they make a huge impact. That one orange ring on the grill makes the whole thing pop.
Thank you Jesse!

i like what I see. keep it up.:cool:
Ill try my best :D

Love what you did to that PSU. Can't wait for more updates.
Thanks! Although things are coming together really fast i should be done in the next 7-10 days!

Holy... ***** *** *******!!!

This thing is AWESOME!! What do you do for a living? Photograph? Digital Design? Can't be just engineering..!!

Damn... If I get the job I want and get rich in the future, I'm paying you to come design for me lol

Holy... ***** *** *******!!!
This thing is AWESOME!! What do you do for a living? Photograph? Digital Design? Can't be just engineering..!!
Damn... If I get the job I want and get rich in the future, I'm paying you to come design for me lol

Thanks for your kind words!

Unfortunately, im not an engineer, nor im not a photographer (only an amateur hobbyist), nor am i a digital designer, i am in real estate investments for a bank subsidiary... So mainly finance, and number crunchIng.

Lol, well whenever that is, hit me up, i mIght want out of the real estate investment game!

Μιcro update!

I sold my mouse to buy another one...

Nx6D3.jpg

Omg! I bought the same mouse! Lol...

oevtO.jpg

Its the newer version of the RAT, and it has a couple more buttons, but i really bought it for the orange highlights!

I also installed the bottom rads...
q2m7q.jpg

Thats it for now. Working on a secret part now...

drool worthy as always
Thank you Haunter!

So today i got a small envelope from the USA

imagebdr.jpg

Very strange and hard envelope!

but inside i found a little suprise :D
imagetrkl.jpg

Made a quick cup of Joe, and got to work :D

imagepsw.jpg

imagelbse.jpg

imagepnr.jpg

X-fire bridge = Perfectly the way i wanted it!

Next was the stickers amde for the GPU backplates
imageifpj.jpg

and an Overall shot of the GPU +Bridge, and ribbon!
imagedkkm.jpg

Next up my HDDS
imagenal.jpg

The reason for labelling was in case of Failure of one of the disks in the RAID, locating it will be easier than having to search through sata cables!

And lastly the Memory sticks....

Because of the complicated design of the stickers it was seperaed into 3 different stickers!

imagekbrz.jpg

The first sticker was to cover a weird bump/scrape all my dimms have on both sides, while at the same time allowing for the glossy stickers that will go above it to POP :D

imagezhm.jpg

Second part is the usual Dominator three line logo, with a new font to match the build in gloss orange
imageygv.jpg

And the last part was the white glossy letters!
imagezqf.jpg

imageybc.jpg

And this is the final outcome!
imagexps.jpg

imageich.jpg

imagecuq.jpg

I ahve atleast another 30sets so i can re-seat any that may come out wrong.

Right now i want to say a HUUUUUUGE thank you to Mr. Ben Lavinge, for helping me desing, customize and actually cut these stickers and ship them to me all the way over from the USA to Greece! Without him these stickers would of never been possible!

Unfortunately these photos will ahve to do for now, as i am without my DSLR. (Finally after 2 months of waiting my upgrade is coming on saturday!)

Hope you enjoyed this update!

More to come over the next couple of days!

Any chance of outting your source for the stickers? I could use some made myself.

Finally got the parts i ordered from the waterjet!

imagerhiq.jpg

imageeat.jpg

imageuphj.jpg

They are exactly how i wanted them!!!

can anyone guess what they are?

They are leftovers :p The real peices are these!

imagenou.jpg

Drilled for M4 tap, and then countersunk...
imagechq.jpg

imagepuct.jpg

imagejqnk.jpg

Screwing in each screw on opposite sides lock the reservoir into place.
imageyuzx.jpg

Ignore the length of the actual screws, according to my calculations if i use M4 x 20mm screws, they will sit flush and be tight enough to hold the reservoir!

imagewrz.jpg

This is how i think i will stack them
imagehcol.jpg

The peices that ahve a small triangle are the ones that will be bolted to the motherboard plate using M4 or M5 screws.
imagejoo.jpg

imagegqvw.jpg

Heres a general shot...
imagexpp.jpg

I also weighed them
4 rings
imagetzoe.jpg

5 rings
imagezjlg.jpg

They are each about ~200 grams...

and a quick test i did jssut to see if it fits!....

voila!

imagebwi.jpg

imageoel.jpg

I hope you enjoyed... I will be taking them to be powder coated tomorrow, so i hope everything turns out good :D

Until next time,

Happy modding!

Wow, those are awesome! Very unique, can't wait to see them all powder coated.

loving the orange and black man. Great theme you got going there. I like how you labeled everything so they match. It blends in real nicely.

That way that you used that orage eddging. Does that work on any material? is there a tutorial somewhere on that. I'd like to change the nzxt word to white on my door on my phantom. I'd like it to stand out.

Wow, those are awesome! Very unique, can't wait to see them all powder coated.
Thank you! Hopefully i will take them to the powder coaters today! Im thinking flat black...

You could kill a man with them... Rig looks fantastic.
Hahaha... maybe, wouldnt know until i tried :p

loving the orange and black man. Great theme you got going there. I like how you labeled everything so they match. It blends in real nicely.
That way that you used that orage eddging. Does that work on any material? is there a tutorial somewhere on that. I'd like to change the nzxt word to white on my door on my phantom. I'd like it to stand out.
Thanks alot!

Yeah, as long as there is a beveled/embossed surface it should work... Thing is, if it is a large area, the color may not be consistent... Give it a try! The color can be wiped off with some 100% alcohol. so its pretty much error proof (so long as you use POSCA markers)

sounds good. I'm gonna look for those. When you color all over it. What do you use to clean the excess off around the word that you don't want colored? How you clean it up without cleaning the words off?

Wow nice work. Love the orange and black. I can't decide what I like more the build of the quality of the pics. The way the orange and black just pops off the page....Keep it going/..

sounds good. I'm gonna look for those. When you color all over it. What do you use to clean the excess off around the word that you don't want colored? How you clean it up without cleaning the words off?
I use rubbing alcohol (careful though, alcohol and plexy dont mix too well!)

Wow nice work. Love the orange and black. I can't decide what I like more the build of the quality of the pics. The way the orange and black just pops off the page....Keep it going/..
Thanks man, I wish i was able to keep the photos up to par on every hpoto, but space is tight, and minor updates arent worth the time needed to set up my ghetto studio!

on another note, I realised i did not have a way to route cables from the rads to the drive bays in a stealthy fashion, so i went ahead and made some holes...

imagebvo.jpg

But because 1 is never enough, i made two!

imageipr.jpg

Hopefully these 2 will be enough for me to route through all the cables needed for the card reader, and the fans flowmeters etc etc.

So ive been pretty busy getting things sorted today...
got my res holders back from paint shop. They arent perfect, but i did manage to get them painted for free... so im not complaining :D
imagergy.jpg

imagejkbe.jpg

imagewoqs.jpg

At the moment i am lining them up and trying to get all the bolts to sit flush.

imagesis.jpg

It was ahrder than i thought it was going to be, i have to individually file each screw to size because although i calculated the design for it to fit with 20mm screws, each screw is a little off, ranging from 19.3mm to 21 mm, so 2mm off makes the head stand out.

on another note i took care of my hidden lighting idea. We recently renovated our kitchen and replaced our old fluorescent ligts with led strips. and we placed them inside some sort of holder.

This is angled at 45 degrees
imagenzx.jpg

here is the panel that gets mounted so you can clip it in to position.
imagefpa.jpg

then you can either place see through or white plexiglass, i went with white plexi
imageujts.jpg

12V Led strip 14,4W, this thing is pretty bright... iw asnt expecting it to be sooo bright D:
imagenlv.jpg

The Led strip goes into the profile and stays in place with double sided sticky tape.
imagekbsqz.jpg

imagetjws.jpg

Slide in the plexiglass
imagefat.jpg

imageqmr.jpg

And we have the completed lighting setup!
imagezks.jpg

Total = ~15-20 euros for 1M of lighting.

Now i have to cut it to length and figure out where i want to put them :D

Really digging the Orange and Black color scheme. Not sure if there are any Rally Fans here but it reminds me of the Canadian Driver Crazy Leo's car.

1_leo.jpg

I would not recommend using anything alcohol based on any plexi/acrylic as some of them crack easily, just use regular ammonia/alcohol free windex and a 100% cotton/lint free cloth/shirt gently is what I use/do

sweet build so far
Thanks Willy :D

Can't wait to see this completed. It will be awesome.
Thanks!

Really digging the Orange and Black color scheme. Not sure if there are any Rally Fans here but it reminds me of the Canadian Driver Crazy Leo's car.
1_leo.jpg
He looks like my kind of guy... rocks a black and orange car! :p

I would not recommend using anything alcohol based on any plexi/acrylic as some of them crack easily, just use regular ammonia/alcohol free windex and a 100% cotton/lint free cloth/shirt gently is what I use/do
on delrin though it is safe.

So i wasnt very pleased with the outcome of my res holder rings...

So i started re-designing by hand...

imagexjb.jpg

the idea is to cnc rings that would do this, and depending the radius of the reservoir i can tighten so the plate would touch the reservoir with mybe some sort of elastic material for grip...

The problem is i want the bolt of the screw to remain stationary so it is always flush....
imagegcj.jpg

Something like this.... Maybe have two seperate rings a top and bottom so screws can be easily replaced and fixed incase of error/problem.

I made up a few digital versions using illustrator too...

My design consists of 4 peices. Top and bottom ring, bolt, and pressure plate...

32705618.png

96591887.png

19877060.png

79261937.png

By turning the screw, this is the outcome i wanted to acheive...
19803701.png

So after that was done and i checked and double checked my dimensions etc,

i designed a section in autocad, so that i can send to companies to get price offers.

so this is where i am at the moment...

25993775.png

68448621.png

47093563.png

71519500.png

still need to create the pressure plate, but it may take a while, because i am useless when it comes to autocad!

hehe...

until next time,

Happy Modding :D

It doesn't need to be two pieces at the screw hole. You can simply collar it, like you did, and thread the collared part. You just thread the screw through the hole and get it to the smooth part. We had that setup on our test station captive screws.

So i placed the EK reservoir for now... and i cant say i dont like it, but its not my "vision" either.

What do you think?
imagexfn.jpg

I added a fitting to loop a tube to the rear so i can fill up the loop easier.
imagedop.jpg

I also connected the radiators to the loop, and placed my drain valve.
imagexjy.jpg

Thats it for today, tomorrow i will most likely put the pump in, and then its cable management time :/

this is probably one of the most impressive things i've ever seen. you should make instructional videos and sell them cause i would buy them

So I went back and looked at all of your old updates and Ive decided that you sir are NOT modding... there are no case mods in here for the most part, but HOWEVER... you are MANUFACTURING!

Back