T-Mobile has announced a data breach exposing customers' proprietary information

erek

[H]F Junkie
""Customer proprietary network information (CPNI) as defined by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules was accessed. The CPNI accessed may have included phone number, number of lines subscribed to on your account and, in some cases, call-related information collected as part of the normal operation of your wireless service," T-Mobile stated in a data breach notification.

T-Mobile states that the data breach did not expose account holders' names, physical addresses, email addresses, financial data, credit card information, social security numbers, tax IDs, passwords, or PINs.

In a statement to BleepingComputer, T-Mobile stated that this breach affected a "small number of customers (less than 0.2%)." T-Mobile has approximately 100 million customers, which equates to around 200,000 people affected by this breach."

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ta-breach-exposed-phone-numbers-call-records/

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/netwo...tion-regarding-2021-cyberattack-investigation

Update:
  • Some of the data accessed did include customers’ first and last names, date of birth, SSN, and driver’s license/ID information for a subset of current and former postpay customers and prospective T-Mobile customers.
  • Our preliminary analysis is that approximately 7.8 million current T-Mobile postpaid customer accounts’ information appears to be contained in the stolen files, as well as just over 40 million records of former or prospective customers who had previously applied for credit with T-Mobile. Importantly, no phone numbers, account numbers, PINs, passwords, or financial information were compromised in any of these files of customers or prospective customers.
  • We have no indication that the data contained in the stolen files included any customer financial information, credit card information, debit or other payment information.

Yay! I wonder which corporation is next? AT&T? Microsoft?

Good thing i use really long passwords that dont match any of my previous 30 passwords to keep my accounts secure lol

I stopped using T-Mobile about 13-14 years ago. Do they still have my info from that long ago at this point?

tmobile...which is owned by tsystems of germany....this may be a violation of GDPR and thus a monster fine.
time will tell

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/netwo...tion-regarding-2021-cyberattack-investigation

Update:
  • Some of the data accessed did include customers’ first and last names, date of birth, SSN, and driver’s license/ID information for a subset of current and former postpay customers and prospective T-Mobile customers.
  • Our preliminary analysis is that approximately 7.8 million current T-Mobile postpaid customer accounts’ information appears to be contained in the stolen files, as well as just over 40 million records of former or prospective customers who had previously applied for credit with T-Mobile. Importantly, no phone numbers, account numbers, PINs, passwords, or financial information were compromised in any of these files of customers or prospective customers.
  • We have no indication that the data contained in the stolen files included any customer financial information, credit card information, debit or other payment information.

Yay! I wonder which corporation is next? AT&T? Microsoft?
I doubt it. Att has a pretty good track record in cyber security. T-Mobile on the other side is a cluster fuck and has this happened over and over. If AT&T had this breach I can guarantee you hell would freeze over and shit would be all over news. T-Mobile being underdog shit just goes under the radar lol.

I got a text that I was impacted, seems they're texting everyone. Just froze everything, waiting on the mcafee email to sign up for that.

tmobile...which is owned by tsystems of germany....this may be a violation of GDPR and thus a monster fine.
time will tell
Probably not a GDPR issue, as T-Mo USA customers are generally in the US, and GDPR (probably) doesn't apply.

A timely reminder to freeze your credit reports at the three bigs and ChexSystem if you don't want to deal with someone impersonating you to defraud banks and utilities and landlords.

Probably not a GDPR issue, as T-Mo USA customers are generally in the US, and GDPR (probably) doesn't apply.

A timely reminder to freeze your credit reports at the three bigs and ChexSystem if you don't want to deal with someone impersonating you to defraud banks and utilities and landlords.
i agree it is probably, but all it takes is 1 person from europe here in the usa to have an account that got hacked to be in violation of GDPR.

Back