Swiftech support is unbelievable

Viper87227

Fully [H]
Allright, so a few weeks back , my MCP655 pump started humming out of nowhere (perhaps some of you recall the thread?). I tried a new PSU, a new system, the pump outside the cas. You name it, I tried it, still it hummed away. So I contacted swiftech about it, and Michelle and myself exchanged a few emails. This took forever mind you, as she usually takes about 2 days to respond. I can't imagine she gets that many emails. Regardless, After going back and fourth a few times, I told her the pump seemed fine down at the third speed setting, it wasnt till it got faster there was a problem. She told me I should send it in for inspection anyways. So I did. After about a week, I heard back, she tells me no problem. I email her again, telling her to make sure they put the pump at the max speed, as I didnt turn it back up when I shipped it. Few days it took again, she tells me no problem. So I ask her where we go from here... I figured since the pump gave me issues, I woudl ask for a replacement. I get a responce that says no (ok, fine, I expected that) and then she tells me I need to pay for return shipping. Ok... now I am fucking pissed. She is the one that told me I needed to ship the pump to them for inspection, working or not, to make sure there is no problem. She never once told me if the pump was found to be ok, that I woudl ahve to incour the return shipping. Sure, its only a few bucks, but its the principle of it. I will be getting my pump back, and I wont pay them another fucking dime. I'll fight this as long as hard as I have to.

So... whats your guys througts? Am I in the wrong to get pissed off? Either way... last swiftefch product I ever buy.

I think that's disapointing. They should at least pick up the shipping to you, I'd have asked Michelle if the pump had been bad if they'd have reimbursed you for your shipping expenses.

don't just talk about it...be about it and file a complaint with BBB. They helped me out a few times.
BBB

All you want to do is show the email exchange if they want the hard copies they will ask for it. But try to make brief as possible as these guys read a lot of complaints a day and the last thing they may not want is a 6 pager...

Eastcoasthandle said:
don't just talk about it...be about it and file a complaint with BBB. They helped me out a few times.
BBB

Yep... I planned to do that. If after the email I sent, they still tell me I must pay, I will contact the BBB.

One thing I learn is that you can't play with people who's job is to offer you help. When they act in a manner that doesn't offer you the neccessary help don't let them upset you, don't get mad, grab the bull by the horns and go for a take down through the use of BBB.

From the title, i thought this was a rave, not a rant. Sorry man, that sucks. From what you say, it sounds like they were trying to help and adivised you to send the pump to them for testing. Therefore, you would think that if you received a replacement or the original, they would meet you half way and send it to you at their cost. Also, there's no excuse for email correspodance to be days apart, especially with a possible defect issue.

Altron3k said:
From the title, i thought this was a rave, not a rant. Sorry man, that sucks. From what you say, it sounds like they were trying to help and adivised you to send the pump to them for testing. Therefore, you would think that if you received a replacement or the original, they would meet you half way and send it to you at their cost. Also, there's no excuse for email correspodance to be days apart, especially with a possible defect issue.

It was the best title I could get without cussing :D

i emailed michelle because the siwtch on my pump was missing, the red thingamajic to control the pump's speed setting, 3 emails and not one response..

bitch..

They did the same thing to me. My apex kit came with a dented radiator, and michelle told me to send it back. After they get it, they tell me it was dented in shipping and wont be replacing it. When i got the same radiator back, it had even more damage. Screw swiftech, worst company in the world.

A couple of years back when I wanted to get the new MCW6002 block they showed me how incompetent they can be.

just for fun i sent a link of this tread to HR Swiftech
will see what happens

Have you tried calling Michelle directly instead of email? If you could, try to call her and explain that your thinking of filing a complaint with the BBB.

Good god, I hope I don't have any problems tonight when I fit everything together if this is the crap I'll have to go through to get a RMA. Like 80% of my setup is Swiftech :-/

The first poster is overblowing this whole thing...it should come as no surprise that trying to RMA a working product will not be covered for return shipping...its the same way with almost all companies. I would think she gets a ton of emails a day as it is a company that sells a lot but doesn't have a lot of employees.

I've known of many people that RMAed there stuff with great success...a few bad stories happen and those are the only people who will post on this thread.

Steeeeve said:
The first poster is overblowing this whole thing...it should come as no surprise that trying to RMA a working product will not be covered for return shipping...its the same way with almost all companies. I would think she gets a ton of emails a day as it is a company that sells a lot but doesn't have a lot of employees.

I've known of many people that RMAed there stuff with great success...a few bad stories happen and those are the only people who will post on this thread.

Then they need to state that before telling me to ship my stuff back. She should have said, ship your stuff back for inspection anyways, but know that if we do no find a problem, you are responcible for return shipping. That little number was left out. I won't pay it.

For the record... no responce back yet.

This is fucking stupid, 3 days, still no responce, and every single time I call I get a voicemail. Sorry, but I cant waste $50 on long distance phone calls to keep getting a fucking voicemail.

Regardless of how this turns out, im never going to purchase another swiftech product again. DangerDen's support has always been great... there is no need for service like this. Along with the voicemail I sent another email. This time I am done being friendly. I am not being a dick, but im making it known that this whole situation is bullshit. if I havent heard from them by tomorrow, I am filing a complaint with the BBB.

You won't hear anything from them on Memorial Day weekend. As with most companies you can bet they'll be closed.

Viper87227 said:
She should have said, ship your stuff back for inspection anyways, but know that if we do not find a problem, you are responcible for return shipping.

QFT. Id be pissed too. I dont think Viper is blowing anything out of proportion. She told him to ship it back for inspection. If the product is under warranty, I see no reason why the customer should pay a dime.

madmat said:
You won't hear anything from them on Memorial Day weekend. As with most companies you can bet they'll be closed.

Fuck, I didn't even think about that. All the more reason to get fustrated by the fact that she didn't contact me before the weekend.

However, going through old emails, this sure is curious...

MCP655 replacement will be sent as soon as inspected. Probably a day or 2 after RMA receipt…

No shit? I've waited nearly three weeks now.... I must be special.

I have a 350 pump I'm trying to get an RMA, been waiting since last week... wth

Viper87227 said:
Then they need to state that before telling me to ship my stuff back. She should have said, ship your stuff back for inspection anyways, but know that if we do no find a problem, you are responcible for return shipping. That little number was left out. I won't pay it.

For the record... no responce back yet.
ignorance is no excuse. Instead of being mad because Swiftech won't ship it back based on a technicality (see you seem to know that EVERY manufacture requires to pay for shipping if you product is ok) why don't you just pay the $8.50 and stop whinning.

Viper87227 said:
No shit? I've waited nearly three weeks now.... I must be special.
Because your claim is unreasonable. You haven't paid to ship if back if I recall correctly.

Danger Den rulez in the CS area. You can call and talk to a person just like that and they take care of you. I guess I am biased since they are not too far from me. I like to do business with more local places (within my state). That is why I gave so much business to Smooth Creations as well. They also have kiss arse CS.

most companies i know of will split any shipping costs. You pay your way, they pay theirs. I think that is a fair business practice. To tell the customer to pay both ways due to what they thought was a legitimate RMA is kinda rediculous imo. Swiftech makes enough money on their products you'd think they could afford it. If only every company had the service of eVGA or Newegg...

Budwise said:
most companies i know of will split any shipping costs. You pay your way, they pay theirs. I think that is a fair business practice. To tell the customer to pay both ways due to what they thought was a legitimate RMA is kinda rediculous imo. Swiftech makes enough money on their products you'd think they could afford it. If only every company had the service of eVGA or Newegg...

qft
because of evgas great customer service and rma, i always buy my nvidia products from them. swiftech should take a lesson from companies like Monarch, ATI, EVGA & Newegg

Budwise said:

most companies don't do this for RMA (you really don't RMA too much to Newegg after 30 days). Also, Swiftech doesn't make that much money like you think. They have financial statements and they aren't doing that great.

Anyway, look at MSI and Seasonic. If you have a bad request then they make you pay to get it back. This seems fair to avoid having people claim damage for things they damaged. I think Swiftech probably could improve their Tech Support a little but this little claim is unreasonable and not worthy of a BBB report.

Steeeeve said:
most companies don't do this for RMA (you really don't RMA too much to Newegg after 30 days). Also, Swiftech doesn't make that much money like you think. They have financial statements and they aren't doing that great.

Anyway, look at MSI and Seasonic. If you have a bad request then they make you pay to get it back. This seems fair to avoid having people claim damage for things they damaged. I think Swiftech probably could improve their Tech Support a little but this little claim is unreasonable and not worthy of a BBB report.

Maybe... but not responding back to customer is unacceptable. Simple as that. If they choose not to deal with customers based on whatever they think especially holding customer's asset, it is definitely liability in BBB report. How many BBB report have you filed or have been on receiving end of the story? Go ahead file BBB if you feel it needs to get done. BBB will decide if it looked fair or not not some e-posters.

Steeeeve said:
Because your claim is unreasonable. You haven't paid to ship if back if I recall correctly.

No, its not. It would be different if I was told that from the begining. I specifically told them there may not be a need to send it in, and she told me no, if it seems like their could be a problem, I should send the pump in to be inspected. If she had tould me I would be respocible for the return shipping if no problem was found, then fine, but I wasn't told that, and no policy on there website states that. Telling me that after the fact is bullshit. If it was established beforehand... this thread would never have existed, that simple.

It doesn't matter now anyways. They are shipping the pump back prioirty mail, free of charge. Just like it should be.

Steeeeve said:

I have NEVER RMAed anything where I have had to pay return shipping. Being that I deal with many, many people on broken hardware, I do a shitload of RMA's. Lets see, Newegg (few times, most after 30 days), Monarch, DFI (twice), Kingston, Abit, Asus, Sapphire, OCZ, PCP&C, Hitache, Western Digital... think thats it. Regardless, NONE of those companies had me pay return shipping. Granted in all those cases the product was actually defective. Still, as I've said time and time again, its not that I have to pay it, its that it was not established till after I had sent my product in... it just doesnt work that way. And, the other problem was the slow ass contact. I would wait 2-3 days for simple one line replies. You would think Michelle onyl works an hour a day there. Swiftech isnt the only company with this problem, many have slow RMA and horrible contact, but they don't have to. For example, DFI was great. Contacts were usually the same day, and from when i sent my board to getting a new one took about 2 and a half weeks. They ouldnt have had it more than a day. OCZ, even better, they advanced shipped my RMA and gave me three weeks to send the broken part back, and their tech guy was super friendly. Monarch and Newegg were both genrellay quick also. Kingston and Abit were a joke, but hat was years ago, so they may have improved.

Perhaps you took my comments the wrong way. I am not saying Swiftech is a great company...in fact, I feel the very opposite. They have serious ethical issues over there..but your complaint was rather petty and not worthy of a full out thread about Swiftech Tech Support. It just seems like many people get upset with TS they don't like. I remember reading about one guy that was mad because Ultra wanted a credit card number before they shipped a replacement to him. The reason for this was because they ship the product to the person while the other one is coming back...this makes sure their stuff doesn't get stolen so it was no big deal.

Anyway, you got your product so I wouldn't worry about it anymore. We made one hell of a mountain out of a mole hill.

Steeeeve said:
Also, Swiftech doesn't make that much money like you think. They have financial statements and they aren't doing that great..

you would be surprise how much they get those rad, res and block for from china

Viper87227 said:
They are shipping the pump back prioirty mail, free of charge.

Persistance pays bro.

Good thing you didnt listen to folks like Steeeeve who told you to just pay up and shut up.

Steeeeve said:
why don't you just pay the $8.50 and stop whinning.

Kudo's to you for sticking to your guns.

TheToE! said:
Persistance pays bro.

Good thing you didnt listen to folks like Steeeeve who told you to just pay up and shut up.

Kudo's to you for sticking to your guns.

Yes, we should reward people for being a little bitch. I wouldn't call the person in this case that but just because you get what you want doesn't mean you deserved it.

nigely said:
you would be surprise how much they get those rad, res and block for from china

yet they still make next to nothing. Try reading their Financial Statements :)

i still remember the day the MCP6000 (i think) came out...good times...gooood times

their market cap droped for 12.8 MILLION to 387 THOUSAND today
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RCHN.PK

they definately aren't doing to good, but I think what Vipes did was the right thing...

Steeeeve said:
yet they still make next to nothing. Try reading their Financial Statements :)

Well, i do know they neutered their Apex kit by subbing in the Apogee for the Storm block. Did the price go down on the whole kit? Negative Ghost Ryder, the pattern is full. Id say if they are in financial trouble then now is the time to not cut corners and give great service. I know i definately buy an OCZ product every chance i get. why? Cuz i have gone to them before with a problem product and they jumped right on it with great service and a fast RMA process. Heck they would even cross ship items with a credit card number as a temporary hold. I dunno how many people i have built systems for and i recommend OCZ consistantly. If Swiftech would get on the ball, i think their customers which are mainly us the enthusiasts would respond. One thing i like about the community of computer enthusiasts here, or on XS, or wherever is that we constantly reward companies if they treat us right. I see posts all the time about "Company X was great" and i see posts like this as well. Words spread fast. I lost about $45 to Voyeurmods.com last year due to shady practices, but i bet they lost alot more than me when it was all said and done.

Well put. You might lose a bit more money, but in the end, it works out better. In fact, now is the time they should be putting more into customer service, shipping, support, and QC.

Steeeeve said:

what do you mean all company? try OAKLEY whatever your concern is they'll fix it. Try SEASONIC, i complained about my SS-12 600 watt and they sent me new one on the same day, all they asked was model number and serial number, no troubleshooting over the phone or thru email. BTW, they paid for shipping and i still have the busted one w/ me. plan to send it back when i have time.

OP, go file complain on BBB people and customer service like this need to be taugh a lesson, takes 2 days to respond to an email? WTF, she gets 1000 email a day? I don't believe it. And it seems all complains are dealt thru michelle, maybe swiftyech should get more customer support who are ruder than michelle so no one would call and RMA.
biggrin.gif

Back