Surface Pro 4

Does anyone's SP4 refuse to wake up after putting it to sleep for awhile? I had to do a hard reboot. This has happened a couple times. Must be the OS.

Does anyone's SP4 refuse to wake up after putting it to sleep for awhile? I had to do a hard reboot. This has happened a couple times. Must be the OS.

I think by default Surface Pros hibernate after an hour or two. Check the advanced power options. You'll need to hit the power button to resume.

That happens to my Surface as well.

Install yesterday's update. I have the Book but it completely fixed the sleep issues for me, supposed to do the same for the SP4.

Anyone else have a flickering/shaky screen issue on the SP4?
this problem other happens when you are under something like 15% screen brightness. i do not go under 25% on my sp4 and i so not have the problem. If i go under 15% or so i can see it mainly on white backgrounds.

this problem other happens when you are under something like 15% screen brightness. i do not go under 25% on my sp4 and i so not have the problem. If i go under 15% or so i can see it mainly on white backgrounds.

My issue is different. The screen shakes regardless of screen brightness. Anyways, I am doing an advanced RMA exchange and wondering what kind of unit I will receive..

I hope I get a perfect unit. Getting one from my work to replace my 4 year old Dell that is reliable, just a bit heavy and short on battery. Core i7 and dedicated low end Nvidia card.

So I received my replacement and it appears to be new. The MS has shipped it overnight. So far so good. If anyone wants to use the advanced exchange, I would recommend.

On some occasions, when the SP4 is asleep, my device heats up and the fan spins up. It's not updating and is not connected to any wi-fi. It's just idle (no programs open). It rarely happens, but it can be a pita when it drains your battery. Has this happened to anyone?

Ok I got my second replacement. Bad news. It's worse than the 1st replacement. There's a green pixel that's stuck on the display. It also has an excessive light bleed at the bottom of the screen. It's like they're toying with me. Each replacement is getting worse. The original had a pressure/stain mark, but no stuck/dead pixels or excessive light bleed. The 1st replacement had excessive light bleed at the top and bottom of the display. The 2nd replacement has one excessive bleed at the bottom (better than the 1st), but now has a stuck pixel. WTF is going on with their QA department. I specifically asked them to inspect for display defects under these 3 conditions: 1) 100% brightness, 2) on a black background, and 3) in a dark room. They either didn't listen, they're blind, or they just don't care. Worse, they probably spotted it, but it "wasn't on the QC checklist," therefore we'll ship it anyways despite knowing it's defective. To RMA something for the second time because they can't get their act together is driving me up the wall. Now I get the feeling the 3rd time is going to be even worse than the replacement I have now. [/RANT]

This time the replacement is sent to their offices instead of to me. Same issue. Light bleed. I get the feeling no matter how many replacements I receive, they'll all have the same symptom. I'll never look at back-lit LCD the same way ever again. I'm not touching another LCD tablet from Microsoft or any brand until OLED becomes cheaper.

The funny thing is that everyone seems to be okay with ludicrous amounts of backlight bleed that is unavoidable and rampant, but when you introduce a solution like OLED with avoidable shortcomings, they blow that completely out of proportion. MUH BURN-IN.

Thanks. Interesting. I wish there were a finger print reader option, looking to get one of these for my Surface Pro 3.

Actually kind of cool. Curious how the material holds up. I read something about it getting an 'aged' look over time. That is a good thing for leather, not sure on the alcantara. Speaking of leather, how boss would that be?

Back