Supreme Commander Thread!

Yes there is always a chance Bo_Bice lol. Highly unlikely though since Chris Taylor is making Supreme Commander from the ground up on a team that he created Supreme Commander is his passion and he will not sell out like some crappy EA game. There is a big difference from Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games compared to EA games, but that is a whole different story.

To add a little side note lol Supreme Commander will support Wide Screen! unlike some other game I know of and resolutions over +2000x1500... not to mention dual monitor support. Bo Bice you can go start a C&C 3 thread and talk about it over there lol.

nullzero said:
To add a little side note lol Supreme Commander will support Wide Screen! unlike some other game I know of and resolutions over +2000x1500... not to mention dual monitor support. Bo Bice you can go start a C&C 3 thread and talk about it over there lol.
SupCom is being designed to not care at all what resolution you are asking it to display. widescreen, 2 widescreens turned 90* and stacked, it just doesn't care.
And yeah, single, dual, single split in 2, dual with one split in 2, the engine will do any of those configurations. If you go dual/1-split you lose the minimap. But who cares when you have 3 fully 3d and zoomable windows?

Yeah its amazing on amount of different configurations and display options you can do on the engine from what we have seen and heard so far.

nullzero said:
Yes there is always a chance Bo_Bice lol. Highly unlikely though since Chris Taylor is making Supreme Commander from the ground up on a team that he created Supreme Commander is his passion and he will not sell out like some crappy EA game. There is a big difference from Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games compared to EA games, but that is a whole different story.

i wouldn't rely on one person because he has a good history of making games. john romero had a good track record before daikatana.

anyway, its all conjecture at this point. i'll feel free to compare c&c 3 to supreme commander as long as you feel free to pollute every thread in the gaming forum with your repetitive anti-EA bullshit

Man you EA pumpers are relentless! How much is EA paying you per post .25 cents?

Word on the street is the beta of Supreme Commander will be out this Monday! Stay in tune I hear fileplanet might announce something to do with Supreme Commander on monday as well... (open beta through fileplanet?)

Also news released about the support of Quad Core utilization in Supreme Commander :eek: :D . This just gave me a reason to get quad core... when the prices drop a little. Here is the link to the quad core SupCom article http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=66659

Bo_Bice said:
i wouldn't rely on one person because he has a good history of making games. john romero had a good track record before daikatana.

anyway, its all conjecture at this point. i'll feel free to compare c&c 3 to supreme commander as long as you feel free to pollute every thread in the gaming forum with your repetitive anti-EA bullshit

they should have let C&C rest in peace long time ago. supcom will own c&c3 and besides, this is a supreme commander thread... go rave about c&c in your own thread :p

wtf am i gonna do i am not made of money i cant buy quad core chip and im not gonna be able to keep up with the tech anymore. the end is appoaching for me regarding pc games.

Banyan said:
they should have let C&C rest in peace long time ago. supcom will own c&c3 and besides, this is a supreme commander thread... go rave about c&c in your own thread :p

wtf am i gonna do i am not made of money i cant buy quad core chip and im not gonna be able to keep up with the tech anymore. the end is appoaching for me regarding pc games.

Dont worry to much it just supports "quad core" dual core chips should run SupCom no problem. I dont plan upgrading to quad core until 2 years from now when the prices drop into the $100s-$200s.

dual+DX9 may be the best I can do if DX10 mobile chips dont get released soon...:(

nullzero said:
Word on the street is the beta of Supreme Commander will be out this Monday! Stay in tune I hear fileplanet might announce something to do with Supreme Commander on monday as well... (open beta through fileplanet?)

Also news released about the support of Quad Core utilization in Supreme Commander :eek: :D . This just gave me a reason to get quad core... when the prices drop a little. Here is the link to the quad core SupCom article http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=66659
Affirmitive on FP having the MP beta on monday. Cant wait.Just finished building new box.

http://www.fileplanet.com/169140/160000/fileinfo/Supreme-Commander-CLOSED-Beta-Client+supreme+commander+beta+key&hl=fr&gl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=5&client=firefox-a

Played the beta... its pretty crazy ;). Any diehard fan of TA will fall in love with the game after playing 5 mins.

nullzero said:
Played the beta... its pretty crazy ;). Any diehard fan of TA will fall in love with the game after playing 5 mins.

I am t3h jealous! :) I've got it waiting for me at home so I know what I'll be doing tonight after work. ;)

nullzero said:

How were you able to play? I thought it required a Key?

I am installing the client from the FP link you posted, if it asks for a key is there a work around?

Warmonkey said:
How were you able to play? I thought it required a Key?

I am installing the client from the FP link you posted, if it asks for a key is there a work around?

same...

Thanks. :)

Looks like the only options are in the multiplayer bracket, and you still need a key to play on GPG...
Does anybody wanna try direct connect?

I can play a game against you using hamachi ;). Me and my friends played last night using hamachi it works good ;).

How does the "trick" get you the beta invite code in order to DL the client? Confused..

I'm wondering if the Fileplanet client is different from the others. I don't have the option to use lan or direct connect with my FP client.

I too use hamachi often with my friends. Would be great if I could get the Lan options to work.

Any ideas?

There is no player AI included in the beta. What you will get is a skirmish where you can just build with yourself if you set to sand box mode. You can play with your friends or people using hamachi over the lan option :) (which actually works pretty well considering SupComm is still a beta.)

Warmonkey download the fix I posted and backup the original file in your game data dir and replace with the new downloaded file.

nullzero said:
There is no player AI included in the beta. What you will get is a skirmish where you can just build with yourself if you set to sand box mode. You can play with your friends or people using hamachi over the lan option :) (which actually works pretty well considering SupComm is still a beta.)

Warmonkey download the fix I posted and backup the original file in your game data dir and replace with the new downloaded file.

Awesome, thanks. Installing "fix" now. Going to get an FP key when they post them aswell. :D

Links not working, fileplanet is up to something.
Ai is there, requires some lua editing.
It will work on your local lan, requires editing also.
Fileplanet is taking forever with this.

Very, very similiar to TA but the scale has been increased dramatically. Maps are massive and the unit cap is 5000. I can see matches taking hours. Few differences... like planes having fuel supplies and needing docking stations, and the patrol grouping is a very nice feature. You'll see the return of alot of units under difference names like the Big Bertha.

One thing I noticed is that the units almost always move in a single file line. If you have 300 mech marines and you tell them to move, they'll line up and move like they are a bunch of kids in a lunch line.

All-in-all it's most likely going to be a hit.

Correction the unit cap is 50,000 ;). Take into consideration this is still beta and every thing is basically customizable.

Eihli said:
Very, very similiar to TA but the scale has been increased dramatically. Maps are massive and the unit cap is 5000. I can see matches taking hours. Few differences... like planes having fuel supplies and needing docking stations, and the patrol grouping is a very nice feature. You'll see the return of alot of units under difference names like the Big Bertha.

It's most likely going to be a hit.
Agreed on it being a hit, I had a tooltip on a building and it said over 2 hours to build, game speed would change this though. Runs pretty good so far. Glad to see they released this early, the game will be very polished come retail.

yeah i like a high unit cap. i remember playing original aoe with a cap of 50.

Back