Supreme Commander Thread!

Oh I gots me a 19 inch crt im trying to get rid of, but now...in light of this game I think Ill keep it..

Anyone having performance issues? My frames are dropping to 1-2 fps once about 15 buildings go up in my base.

Opie said:
Anyone having performance issues? My frames are dropping to 1-2 fps once about 15 buildings go up in my base.

Yeah, my fps kinda drops...although i AM running it at my max resolution 1900x1280...but this is an unoptimized beta so i expect performance to significantly increase with final build.

nukes are fucking orgasmic.

enough buildup and coordination of 2 nuke subs and a tech 3 land based launcher = glass parking lot.

The cracked 2.7 client is light years ahead of the 2.1/2.0 client. Patch immediately, the AI is fairly good it beat me the first time around. Even learned a few things like building placement from it, but anyway all the maps work great now and haven't crashed yet.

My AIM is "Woolygimp" If somebody wants a 1v1 or a 2v2 IM me and we'll get something together.

Eihli said:
The cracked 2.7 client is light years ahead of the 2.1/2.0 client. Patch immediately, the AI is fairly good it beat me the first time around. Even learned a few things like building placement from it, but anyway all the maps work great now and haven't crashed yet.

My AIM is "Woolygimp" If somebody wants a 1v1 or a 2v2 IM me and we'll get something together.

im all patched up, but one thing that has got me wondering is what has changed. Do you know by chance where one can get the changelog?

Slight optimization, UI icon changes, fixes graphic bugs and artificating as well as random crashing.

With the older client I could only play one map, in the newer one all the 5-6 maps are playable. Seems to run better as well.

PopeKevinI said:
I can't make it work :(

could you possibly be any more vague? :confused: :p

What dosnt work? your torrent client? the link itself? the game? i mean, you are making it kind of difficult for us to help you here :X

tskiller said:
could you possibly be any more vague? :confused: :p

What dosnt work? your torrent client? the link itself? the game? i mean, you are making it kind of difficult for us to help you here :X

I'm not through with it just yet.

Found on the torrent page a link to the 2.7 patch. I'm going to try it and see if that helps.

edit: figured out my problem. I was keeping a backup copy of the original file, but it had the same extension. Renamed the extension and that let me start a game.

My PC rebooted when I started a game. I'm going to kill all my extra procs when I get home and try a few other things just to see if it works.

Also, I didn't see the sandbox switch in 2.7. Can someone clue me in?

Download 2.1, install 2.7 patch, use the aforementioned 2.7 skirmish AI crack that was further up in the thread, enjoy the game.

The AI is rather good, I don't know why it wasn't in from the get go.

SilverSliver said:
Download 2.1, install 2.7 patch, use the aforementioned 2.7 skirmish AI crack that was further up in the thread, enjoy the game.

The AI is rather good, I don't know why it wasn't in from the get go.

Yeah, it was working when I got home. The reboot must have helped.

After my skirmish, I had to reset. My monitor switched off and stayed there. Gonna see if it does it again.

It's official, though. I'm thoroughly addicted after just one game.

I was a big fan of TA and I was really expecting this game to blow me away. It reaks of quality but Im just not feeling connected to the units. Everything is so tiny. Most of the time Im just seeing little specs and moving them around. Im having a really hard time adjusting to the playstyle and getting my brain wrapped around the scale and complexity. Coming from DoW, this is just a huge change of pace. I really want to like this game but Im feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. Anybody else know what Im saying?

Cousin Patty said:
I was a big fan of TA and I was really expecting this game to blow me away. It reaks of quality but Im just not feeling connected to the units. Everything is so tiny. Most of the time Im just seeing little specs and moving them around. Im having a really hard time adjusting to the playstyle and getting my brain wrapped around the scale and complexity. Coming from DoW, this is just a huge change of pace. I really want to like this game but Im feeling a little overwhelmed by it all. Anybody else know what Im saying?

Use the mouse wheel - It zooms the camera in and out.

Normally I wouldn't do something like this, but the fact that a) It's ridiculously easy to "crack" and b) It's got about as much content as a demo anyway, leads me to believe that they really don't care. In fact I would not be surprised at all if they open this up to the public over the next few weeks.

I agree Cousin Patty. Half the time I dont even know whats going on with my units across the map...My whole fleet could be destroyed and I wouldnt know. I also hate the scale. The tier one bots are like an ant you cant even see where they are in your base...I hope they fix the scale because its really jacked. Theres a lot more work to be done b4 launch and I hope they fix it all....But this is def TA of the future.

Obi_Kwiet said:
Normally I wouldn't do something like this, but the fact that a) It's ridiculously easy to "crack" and b) It's got about as much content as a demo anyway, leads me to believe that they really don't care. In fact I would not be surprised at all if they open this up to the public over the next few weeks.
Devs have said they dislike the crack but dont condemn it, or some such. They do however refuse to take bug reports or to support the cracked people in any way.

Client is (re-)downloading now, with the w00t x1600 ready to drop in the server tomorrow afternoon and try to play on it...

Pivo504 said:
I agree Cousin Patty. Half the time I dont even know whats going on with my units across the map...My whole fleet could be destroyed and I wouldnt know. I also hate the scale. The tier one bots are like an ant you cant even see where they are in your base...I hope they fix the scale because its really jacked. Theres a lot more work to be done b4 launch and I hope they fix it all....But this is def TA of the future.

Exactly... the majority of the land units are so tiny. they might as well not even be there. unless i zoom in all the way, theyre just specks shooting at eachother. im having a difficult time selecting things cause everythings so small. it just feels really tedious so far. i really wanna like the game but its just been sort of frustrating me more than anything else because of the scale and because of all the shit going on. Im also not really impressed with how the game looks when you change the perspective of the camera. the game looks best when you just leave it in the top down view.

Take into consideration this is still a BETA :). Once it goes gold and is in the stores im sure we will see many changes for the better of the game.

nullzero said:
Take into consideration this is still a BETA :). Once it goes gold and is in the stores im sure we will see many changes for the better of the game.

definitely. im just voicing my complaints to see if anyone else feels the same way as i do. this game is still a ways off.

Will work on the pics soon :). Im getting my second monitor in tomorrow for some dual screen action :).

xmurderx said:
is there no 2.7 torrent?

I've got a repackage with 2.1, the 2.7 patch, and the "fix", but I don't have the bandwidth to post it here.

If someone wants to rehost it or use it for a torrent, pm me.

When u take screen shots with ctrl-f you have to alt tab out and tell it where to save them every time. Having a hard time running it on my machine though past initial base setup with a 3.4ghz prescott, 2gigs ram and a 7600gt. Goes down to about 12fps. Took a couple of shots but nothing spectacular because it was so tedious to get them.

Can anyone post a way to get dual monitors working? I read on the GasPoweredGames forum that the fileplanet Beta forums have a guide for this. But I can't get into the fileplanet beta forums.

strossos said:
Can anyone post a way to get dual monitors working? I read on the GasPoweredGames forum that the fileplanet Beta forums have a guide for this. But I can't get into the fileplanet beta forums.
Find Game.prefs in C:\Documents and Settings\*account*\Application Data\Gas Powered Games (that might not be the exact location - I'm working from memory here- but it'll get you close enough). In that file you will see a line about secondary adapter. Just change 'disabled' to '1600,1200,75' (horizontal resolution, vertical resolution, refresh rate). If you screw something up and it doesn't work, just deleter Game.prefs and restart the game - supcom will recreate the file with default settings.

saan44 said:
Find Game.prefs in C:\Documents and Settings\*account*\Application Data\Gas Powered Games (that might not be the exact location - I'm working from memory here- but it'll get you close enough). In that file you will see a line about secondary adapter. Just change 'disabled' to '1600,1200,75' (horizontal resolution, vertical resolution, refresh rate). If you screw something up and it doesn't work, just deleter Game.prefs and restart the game - supcom will recreate the file with default settings.

Thank you much! I remember looking in that exact place and instead of putting a resolution there, putting "enabled" as a menue option. Yeah my version didn't do much.

Hmm got the game installed ok, got into the main menu ok, but when I actually launch a game it goes to a black screen. :confused: I can see the mouse cursor and I can get a box to pop up asking me if I want to quit when I press Esc, but that's it.

Any ideas? I used the files found earlier in this thread.

Pivo504 said:
I find myself playing in stragetic zoom most of the game lol..
I end up zooming in and out repeatedly because clicking on the minimap doesnt move my main view.

whrswoldo said:
Hmm got the game installed ok, got into the main menu ok, but when I actually launch a game it goes to a black screen. :confused: I can see the mouse cursor and I can get a box to pop up asking me if I want to quit when I press Esc, but that's it.

Any ideas? I used the files found earlier in this thread.

direct x problem?

Back