Super Street Figher IV

big_aug

2[H]4U
Anyone have/play this?

Wondering how the online play is on PC. I've got an itch for a fighter.

I have it. The community is very limited. I see the same people over and over again. Also, due to slowdowns, sometimes it makes it difficult to play and do combos.

I see a lot of the same people, but there's plenty of players to get lots of different opponents night after night. I rarely encounter slowdowns from net latency, just don't hit "READY" if the person's got orange or red connection status to you. I only fight people who have B or A rating on their computer icon (for performance). It's basically just as smooth and easy overall to get good matches as it was on sf4 (vanilla) on my 360 ages ago (I owned sf4 for pc and 360, I own ssf4 ae for the pc). Hook up a 360 pad or use your keyboard & enjoy.. good fun!

I rarely encounter slowdowns from net latency, just don't hit "READY" if the person's got orange or red connection status to you. I only fight people who have B or A rating on their computer icon (for performance).

I always play matches with 3 green bars and an A computer rating, and yet "mysteriously" here and there there's slowdowns, especially when I'm doing combos and winning.

They're all trying to mash that uppercut. :rolleyes:

I always play matches with 3 green bars and an A computer rating, and yet "mysteriously" here and there there's slowdowns, especially when I'm doing combos and winning.

They're all trying to mash that uppercut. :rolleyes:

Heh, yeah, I've seen that "mysterious" slowdown myself when I'm winning and in the zone :p, I'd guess some fools trying to throw you off with a cheat. :(

I think some of the slowdown is the game trying to sync you and the other player.

If you can run the game at 60FPS but the other player is on a crappy computer that can barely hold 30FPS then you get the slowdown problem. I think that because of how precise you need to be in a fighting game like SF4, traditional game net code can't be used and in the end if both players' systems aren't almost 1:1 capable of running the game then it's laggy.

a core 2 with a 4870 gives A performance..... I play local only though ie me and a pal on the same PC

This is pretty much my main game. I stopped playing it on PC a while ago cause the online community is pretty much dead. I always saw the same 4 people or so. But the PC version's online is the best of all 3 consoles imo if you get a good connection. It feels almost lagless.

The last time I played it online it lagged very badly and I haven't played it since. But overall, its a nice game to look at.

I think some of the slowdown is the game trying to sync you and the other player.

Nah, we're specifically referring to magical slowdowns that seem timed perfectly to when you're winning, and an opponent would LOVE to have you thrown off a bit... ;).

I still play sometimes. Hit me up as KickAssCop.

Game is dope and Oni rules all.

i play hardcore, my ign is illitirit. Im down for a set! As far as player population, its not bad but sometimes i do wish it could be better. The only time you will have trouble finding matches is in wierd hours, like 3-7 AM in the morning. Coming from ps3, the lag is better but only if you have optimized the game. For example, i had to turn off all hardware acceleration in all of my other programs (flash, vlc, etc..) to get good results. I also used ati tray tools to turn the flip que size to 0, which made input lag for me at least non existant.

I still play sometimes. Hit me up as KickAssCop.

Game is dope and Oni rules all.

My Chun Li eats him up for breakfast >.>

A regular player here too. The game is pretty much alive despite what people say. Every day, some new people and some same people.

You get to also witness some awesome pounding skills from others, ofcourse you are the pounded most of the time :p

Fighting games seem to be the exception to the rule of games being better on PC. While they may benefit from the extra power, the communities tend to generate around the consoles. It would be nice to see a swing toward the PC area but with new consoles on the horizon I doubt it will happen.

Capcom is continuing to support the PC with fighting games, but patches and updates tend to lag way behind the console versions. Plus, the community tends to be much smaller even if it is bigger than some people think.
IMO, one caveat of the PC version is simply the possibility of uneven performance. In a world where every frame matters and background services and differing devices may not perfectly mesh, there's room for error. Lugging around a bunch of PC's to a friend's house or tournament tends to be trickier than a console, too. Plus, it's trickier to "cheat" with macros and mods on a console.

Other than some classic arcade game emus I keep around, fighting games are some of the few types of games I stick to consoles with.

Capcom completely fubared SFxT for me. I can't play it due to horrendous lagging, missing sounds and warping that happens in the game. I just lose every single match in that one.

I will be extremely weary of more Capcom Fighting game purchases. However, they did one thing right, that was SSFIVAE.

Back