Super smash bros 3ds Demo!

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
Just received an email from club nintendo. Platinum member gets early access to the SSb3DS demo and 3 more codes for friend. 1 week before public!

edit : all codes are gone!

Pm me!

Last edited:
Please tell me you have a code left! WHY DIDNT I CHECK HERE FIRST!?!?!

Aww, I missed out. :(

If anyone has a code I would be eternally grateful.

I have two one if maverick96 checks his pm and replies :)

ALL GONE

Last edited:
In-thread thanks to arr4ws. I haven't played any Smash Bros. since quite a while back on the Wii with my nephews. I forgot how fun it is, and arr4ws has scored Nintendo at least one sale. :D

I just played a couple matches...REALLY well done, even the 3D is great.

One thing that is bugging me a bit is the location of the jump buttons (X & Y) compared to on the Gamecube controller, which is what I'm used to. I think I'm used to them being to the right/top of the A button, but on the 3DS they're more to the left. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Can't wait for this one. I was a bit worried about the graphics/framerate but it looks and runs phenomenal, even in 3D mode.

Yeah, the buttons are going to take some getting used to. For me, it's using shoulder buttons that I find irritating.

As for the 3D, I'll hold off on enabling it until the next iteration of the 3DS comes out - I can't imagine enjoying the game with the inevitable frequent blurring as I do my button mashing. :D

It actually seemed alright because the 3D, even on the max setting didn't seem super "deep". I didn't have much of a problem using it while mashing buttons, but I could see arguments either way. In any case, it's well implemented (not all games are).

Anyone got any extra codes? I opted out of e-mails and i think i've made a huge mistake by doing so. I was totally platinum last year

Got one from a friend on Steam.

Last edited:
Ugggh. Stupid Nintendo site crashing... anyone have a spare code? I was platinum for last year but turned off newsletter because Nintendo kept spamming my inbox.

Never thought turning spam off would be a bad thing, either. Now Nintendo has us all wanting to turn it on for good no matter how much crap they send us.

missed platinum status by 10 points :(

anyone got a code to spare?

It actually seemed alright because the 3D, even on the max setting didn't seem super "deep". I didn't have much of a problem using it while mashing buttons, but I could see arguments either way. In any case, it's well implemented (not all games are).
I just gave it a try with 3D. You're right that it's subtle enough that small vision adjustments don't give the kind of blurring some other games do.

Also, I like the time/battery indicator at the bottom of the menu screen. I'd like to see that implemented more often. Saves suspending just to check the time.

Thanks HisSvt76. Game is pretty fun on the 3DS. Takes time to get used to though.

I don't have friends that have 3DSes, so here are my spare codes.

(all 3 used)

Once all three are used, let me know. I'll remove them so others don't waste time.

Last edited:
I don't have friends that have 3DSes, so here are my spare codes.

A05V3DKB20UMB1NH
A05VBY0U1A5FVDPD

Once all three are used, let me know. I'll remove them so others don't waste time.

Looks like they are all used.

If anyone has an extra code I would appreciate it.

If another code becomes available, please let me know.

Its my first ssb games and i suck. Any tips?

Dont get punched over the edge! /end pro-tip

If your new, use characters with charge up smashes, like DK. DK's charge up slam is pretty nice as it allows you to charge, than punch when ready, I think Sammus does this as well.

I think characters like Kirby are good for beginners, because you have a ton of jump/recovery power.

Seems like more of the same, which I have no problem with.
I have a launch 3DS and it's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but I might buy the portable one anyway. I wish the Wii U version was coming sooner as I'm just not a portable gaming fan.

I'm most excited about the Smash Run mode, and the character moveset customization and whatnot. Plus a HUGE roster (biggest ever I think?) of characters.

I'm most excited about the Smash Run mode, and the character moveset customization and whatnot. Plus a HUGE roster (biggest ever I think?) of characters.

Plus already hearing some minor rumors of more characters added later via DLC (like mario kart 8).

Cant find where I saw that earlier, but when I do I will post the source info.

Back