HardOCP News
[H] News
- Joined
- Dec 31, 1969
- Messages
- 0
Researchers at the German Aerospace Center have built a super duper robot hand that can withstand strikes from a hammer / steel bar. Our future robot overlords approve.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Please place the robot hand down on a hard surface then hit it with the hammer/steel rod. There isn't much impact force involved with this type of strike.
So will you hold your hand up so I can hit it with a hammer?
Leave MegaMan alone!
I don't understand. Why is this important?
Given that people with robotic hands don't tend to live like pirates or work in construction, I fail to see how this is relevant.
lolI think www.superrobustrobothand.com would make an interesting, niche porno site.
They have it totally backwards. Should be designing robots that CANNOT withstand strikes from a hammer / steel bar. Give the meat cages a chance eh?
Progress
In years to come human soldiers will be ultimately replaced by machines.
I'm not saying soon, but eventually. This is just another step in that direction. I'm sure there will be other uses, but the military is a HUGE funding provider for robotics research.
And one day our combat robots will be battling China's combat robots. The winners robots will then overthrow their own government and rule the world.