Super Bowl: Where to Watch Online, and More

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Internet, meet the Super Bowl. Super Bowl, meet the net. For the very first time, the action of the Super Bowl will be live-streamed on the Internet. This year, everything will be fair game to see the Giants and Patriots play, including the traditional methods of television transmission plus PC’s, laptops, tablets and cell phones. It’s a good thing that this is a Sunday because work everywhere would cease right about the time of the kickoff. :D

WIth streaming and people being stuck in other countries... superbowl feeds are cheese to find now :)

Before it was hard, and those google adwords fags would put up fake sites with ads instead of the actual stream....... now we have an official stream? Nice. About fucking time. They could make hundreds of thousands in one day, just off ads on the sides of the stream..... maybe even millions since we are talking superbowl, here.....

A welcome surprise, it works in Canada! Usually all stream from official US network aren't working here.

It's a good thing and, considering the Roman numeral designation of this year's game, appropriate.

For those that don't get it, in XLVI, there's a VI which is an unmistakable reference to the *nix text editor of the same name. I'm sure they did all this on purpose, streaming to celebrate vi.

This is really awesome; my TV doesn't arrive until Tuesday so I would have had to resort to shitty low-fi streams otherwise.

I fucking hate football and the super bowl. People treat it like fucking raptor jesus walks the earth on that day and get invited to a bunch of stupid parties that only value is to eat all the food.

I rather be poked with a fork for 2 hours than watch the fucking super bowl.

I fucking hate football and the super bowl. People treat it like fucking raptor jesus walks the earth on that day and get invited to a bunch of stupid parties that only value is to eat all the food.

Your post tells us different.

Friends. Get some.

Thanks for sharing. Now go sit in the corner.:rolleyes:

I have to work today so I will be watching the game, while on the train, using my Slingbox to my cell phone. I have 3 batteries so I won't miss any of the action. Go G-MEN!!!

Anyone having trouble getting the stream going now? I keep getting a standard Apache "Access Denied" error.

It's a good thing and, considering the Roman numeral designation of this year's game, appropriate.

For those that don't get it, in XLVI, there's a VI which is an unmistakable reference to the *nix text editor of the same name. I'm sure they did all this on purpose, streaming to celebrate vi.

All but the 3 linux users in the wordl...:confused::confused::confused:

:p

We stand alone against the hordes, my friend.

That's what booze is for.

And other mind altering things.

It is pretty boring (I mean very) it's like CoD with the same crap over and over and over year after year. Nobody dies or gets decapitated :( They should allow tasers and giant mutant players...and chainsaws... Get rid of the ball and replace it with a trigger device. If it goes into the end zone a random fan/opposing player's explosive collar goes off!

It is pretty boring (I mean very) it's like CoD with the same crap over and over and over year after year. Nobody dies or gets decapitated :( They should allow tasers and giant mutant players...and chainsaws... Get rid of the ball and replace it with a trigger device. If it goes into the end zone a random fan/opposing player's explosive collar goes off!

I always thought we should bring back gladiators. The real Roman-style ones, not the ones dressed like power rangers.

For those of you watching online, are getting the stream buffering constantly? I'm not the biggest football fan, but I thought it would be cool to checkout the game online. Not so much though.:(

I don't care for the Stupid Bowl either. A bunch of millionaires all fighting over a ball that they can easily afford to buy themselves isn't nearly as exciting as, say, female midget wrestling.

What wold liven up the game a little would be to insert a flashbang device into the football and have it on a random timer. Game ends when the device is detonated. If there's a tie, then the winner is determined by a coin toss.

Congratulations to the new handegg champions, the New York Red Bull Yankee Giant Islander Ranger Knicks with Jets and Mets!

It was a pretty amazing Game, I was on the edge of my seat for the last 2 Minutes, I was rooting for the Giants so I'm Happy! :)

Zarathustra[H];1038353037 said:
You watch the superbowl, you lose your geek card.

Sorry :p

Com'on it's the only sporting event that I watch all year. How, does one game make me lose my geek card? Beside I watch it mostly to see the Camera and Sound rigs that they have. :p You gotta admit though that the overhead camera that they have on four winches that can move ~35 mph is pretty geeky if you ask me. I'd take one just to use at my birthday party. lol.

ON Another Note, the quality of the online stream was anything but geek qualified, they even dared to call it HD when all I could see was Square Pixels. It was Plain Bad.:mad:

I am glad that the NFL did this. Wish they would have really bought in with an HD stream though.

Still, the selectable multiple camera angles was pretty neat. You could pick between several camera feeds and the main one going to the networks.

Back