Rydawg5143
Supreme [H]ardness
- Joined
- Apr 22, 2008
- Messages
- 6,781
i got a q9550, ran orthos but it only runs it @ 50%, 2 of the cores dont run. suppose there is some setting or another program to make all 4 run?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
IBT! kicks the shit out of everything.
If by "woefully inadequate" you meant "perfectly sufficient for use at stock speed", your statement would be correct.Defintely gives a good demonstration of how woefully inadequate the stock cooler is, too.
A 75C temperature is nothing for a modern Intel CPU. Hell, I keep my Q9550 running around that temperature constantly. If that really worries you, then I'm afraid you're just overly paranoid. And your paranoia doesn't make the stock cooler inadequate.75 C, E6300 Wofdale, not overclocked, stock retail cooler, and that was with the side panel off the case, in a cold room.
The processor did not become unstable at that temp, so if the bar for "sufficiency" is set that low, I suppose you can make your point. My expectations are slightly higher.
A 75C temperature is nothing for a modern Intel CPU. Hell, I keep my Q9550 running around that temperature constantly. If that really worries you, then I'm afraid you're just overly paranoid. And your paranoia doesn't make the stock cooler inadequate.
Every year? My last full build before this one was in 2003.hmm... well i suppose that doesn't matter when you change your cpu once a year.
Every year? My last full build before this one was in 2003.
you don't upgrade your system every year?s[H]ame on you!!!!
![]()
That's why you should disable the alarm. It's pretty much useless anyway, since the CPU's built-in thermal protection will prevent any damage from occurring should temperatures actually become too high.I can't set my motherboard's cpu temp alarm above 85C, so I can't even run IBT on this thing with an overclock, without listening to that awful sound.
hmm... well i suppose that doesn't matter when you change your cpu once a year.
is interesting to notice that in CMOS devices for every 10 ºC increase in temperature, the life of the device is reduced by half. (as a rule of thumb) just something to keep in mind![]()
The impact of temp compared to something like say the up in voltage is small, wile my Q9550 says at or under 60C, my E2180 that's been in my HTPC runs around 70-75C (for many years now) and TjMax on it I believe is 85C, as it's OCed to 3GHz on the stock cooler in a DISH sat box with no fans.![]()
first of all i don't know what is the nominal life span for an Intel CPU, could be 20 years, i don't know, so...
I could recommend to you some engineering books regarding this issue, heat transfer, to shed some light on your ideas![]()
No shit. IBT is a misnomer. I think it should be called TPR (thermonuclear processor rapist)